Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #61  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers,

I feel better today - thanks for asking. I honestly think the issue was that I had eaten a ton of fiber and it was all collecting, and maybe there was some weirdness pertaining to my salad at dinner. Ended up going to bed late because BF and I were too excited about our FL Keys trip (which may be in peril, stupid snowstorm - but we're leaving LaGuardia at 6 am...), but I got up on time to get in a whopping 15 minutes of intervals on the arc trainer after a 1.5/5. I weighed in at 124.8 after the gym (yesss) and then a couple hours later I had a 5/5 at work!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously the first decent sh!t I've had in weeks. I doubt I'll be pooping much on vacation since flying backs me up terribly.

BF and I booked a nice hotel room for the last night and also a snorkeling trip for Saturday! I'm really excited but I have a pathological phobia of being stuck on a boat or plane with people who are puking from motion sickness that I know is due to a traumatic 1998 whale watch where everyone on the boat projectile vomited everywhere for the entire trip. I hope the seas are calm and people have the sense to take motion sickness meds. I will bring enough to share!

Alexistrophic Excellent wins, sorry Target customer service was such a waste of time though - they are usually spot on, but g*d forbid you have to call the store, it goes through the fitting room which is where the surliest, crabbiest people are always placed!

Bayzee HOORAY for hitting 113.4! It's not food poisoning thankfully, just bloating and gas that is totally gone today.

Dorian5 Sorry about the dearth of pants that fit properly - soon you'll be able to wear more of them, though! Recommitment to healthy eating and more whole foods is good news - diet foods always just make me mad that I'm not eating the "real" thing, I can live on Smart Balance instead of butter but I need YOLKS in my eggs and I can barely choke down fat free Greek yogurt!

JossFit I am PACKED - I even remembered a couple things last minute this morning despite getting less sleep than usual. For all the cravings you could be having, the one you had seems pretty benign and not the kind that leads to eating an entire jar of peanut butter! How do you feel about your program at this point? I see your weight is dropping more!

olehcat "It's Friday, it's party time" hits me every week - a lot of the time I find I can make it work and have something DIFFERENT that doesn't necessarily translate into MORE food. Are you running outside or on the treadmill? I hope you don't get snowed in!

Turbo Wishing you good luck with the nachos. Don't listen to Joss, Taco Bell is a precious gift send from heaven by the gods. :P It all tastes exactly the same and it's all greasy and gives you stomach issues and is WONDERFUL. Sorry again about the pill - tell your BF to do it right so you don't need to take it again!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #62  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Bayzee : ohhh I went to Mexico once and when we were eating at the buffet (like at least once a day, someday twice) I was alwaaaays getting nachos with guac. And I had this tradition with my college best friend, which was ''hey wanna meet up and watch grey's anatomy + nachos'' LOL I'll have to look for the brand you mention!!

Olehcat : I do agree with you on eating healthy, but not ''stereotypical healthy food''. I red something online yesterday, it was an interview with the Actress Rachel Bilson in some kind of Health magazine, and she was saying something like ''I'm not like the usual super healthy Hollywood people. They're all obsessed with kale and hiking. And they all drink all those kind of juices!'' it made me laugh, but I thing her way of seeing some healthy eating fits more my lifestyle

Dorian : Glad to see you back! And I tasted the special k protein thing and EWWW I do agree with you on that. I never tried any other though

Joss : At least you were craving something healthy! Something you can't have right now, but something healthy! Isn't cool!?

GOD, your nachos sound intennnnse lol I don't like the melted sauce thing neither, not on my nachos. Actually, I don't like having the saucy stuff, like salsa and guac, already IN the nachos, I prefer them on the side with a spoon, I don't like when the chips get all moiiist and weeeet. Ahh black beans and corn, I never tried that in my nachos, but I guess it's because the boyfriend has problem healthing up something that is supposed to be junk :P I'll wait until he does something bad, and then I'll make my way through a black bean nachos!

And yesss the potluck tonight, Huuuuuhg. I only hope people will bring some healthy things LOL The guy who came home last night to watch the game ended up bringing his gf too, who is gonna be at the potluck tonight too, and we were both complaining that we were not feeling the flaky pastry thingy hors d'oeuvre..

Alexis
: Oh jeez, that sucks for the Target thing. I hate having to call customuer service. I always freak out and end up hanging up in the face of the person at some point LOL

I love that line from SSvsSS! That is an awesome thing to remember.

Krampus : F YEAH for the 5/5!!! I'm so jealous! I really hope you'll be able to take off :S

Thanx for the info on Taco Bell! Don't know why, I alwayyyys wanted to try it! it,s maybe because there are not many around here :P Actually I think there is only one, somewhere in a lost place in Montreal.

Have fun in the keyyyyyys!

helloooooooooooo. Sneek peak on the scale this morning, up to 142.4. D*mn you, salty nachos chips! It's not fair, I did not even eat a LOOOOT of it, the guy (and the girlfriend of the guy) jummmped in it.

ANYWAYS what can I do about it? NAWWWTHING. What is done is done, an anyway I think I might still retain water from a previous workout, my poor little chicken biceps are still sore.

We have this potluck thing tonight and the boyfriend want us to bring my recipe of shrimp-layers dips. Even if I take all the low-fat ingredient I can, there is still cream cheese, mayo and cheese in the mixt.. At least I completely swap the sour cream for FF greek yogurt. I think I might eat a little something at home before going, so I won't be starving when we get there.

To compensate the upcoming potluck, I had a greeeeeat workout today at the gym. I ran 5k on the threadmill, did some shoulders dumbbells things and crunches, and than biked for 30 minutes. An old guy (not a creep, he was sweet) talked to me when I was on the threadmill and he on the elliptical ; I was wearing my Montreal marathon tshirt and asked me question about running. It was sweet and made me feel better about going there, I usually only get weird looks by other girls -_-

Have a good day feathers!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

@Jossfit - yep, it's been since just before Thanksgiving, the last time I had my hair cut. I'm growing my hair out, but slowly. Two years ago I had a very short pixie cut which looked okay on me, but I could NOT afford to get my hair cut every month or whatever to maintain it, plus, I just wanted to have longer hair. I don't have the stereotypical best hair -- it's very fine and wavy (but not in a pretty way, more in a does-whatever-it-wants-to-do way), but I still like to feel it on my back. Anyway, yeah, it took all my willpower in the world not to fall apart and eat something not so great for me tonight. I did have a glass of wine, but I stuck to my turkey chili! And wow, I think that's a good thing that your cravings are going toward the healthier things, even if it's things you're not supposed to have right now

@Dorian - ha, I think I need a deadline like that. I wish I had a wedding coming up or something :-p That really sucks about the san diego job not working out. Wise to say no if the salary was laughable. San Diego is not cheap. If it were, I'd be living there! As for the green smoothie, I have usually put frozen blueberries, half a banana, some ice, a wee bit of kale (too much and it gets grainy), cup or so of spinach, protein powder, and I think that's it but I might be missing something...

@bayzee - heh, see my comment to jossfit. I used to have super short hair and I couldn't stand having to go get it cut constantly, lol. I have shoulder length hair and am growing it longer now. The great thing about my present style is that it can get quite grown out and not look TOO horrible (I can put it up at least!).

@Alex - yep, weird times indeed for your exercising! I think I saw that you were running at 11:30 p.m. or something? I think I've only exercised at 11:30 p.m. only a few times in my life when one of my good friends was REALLY into going out for really late runs back when she lived in my same city. And we went out at midnight once for a run! Weird but kind of fun!

@krampus - ooh, I hope the snow doesn't affect your vacation at all! It looks like the east coast is going to get slammed. I hope everyone there will stay safe and warm! We don't have any snow here right now (it was about 53 degrees today here), so I've been doing a combo of outside and treadmill, depending on outside temperature and how wimpy I'm feeling!

@turbo - LOL! Yes! I would so not fit in in the Hollywood world! And you all are making me crave nachos, which I haven't even had in ages!

Last edited by olehcat; 02-07-2013 at 09:47 PM.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #64  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

krampus ~ Hope that your flight has left as scheduled and you're on your way to sunny florida at this very moment. Timetables by us are all crazy, too. Stay safe!

Turbo
~ Awww, that sounds sweet about the old guy talking to you on the treadmill. Despite being heavy on the fat content, your shrimp layer dip sounds decadent.

olehcat~ I do try to squeeze a workout in whenever I can and sometimes the only place it fits is at night... And it does make me feel hardcore to be running when everyone else is sleeping.

~~~
The snow is coming down pretty heavily out here. Hurray! I feel like a little kid, even though I'm at work today. (No snowdays up in here) Hopefully an early dismissal, but never know. Stocked up on DVDs to watch so hopefully the power won't go out.

Got in another run last night (this time at 8PM) and was 'contained' with the food. Weird, but contained. Am down a smidge on the scale this morning, but I'm not too bothered and Ima TRY to let the scale do what it's going to do while I focus on exercise, hydration, and making the best food choices I can.

In the life goal section, also got in an hour of practice (1.5/7 hours for the week) and hoping to get in a bit more with the snow. Sometimes I feel like a little kid who needs to be distracted and presented with other options, but seriously, whatever works. Last night I was thinking, "I deserve XX or XX food items." but then I thought, "No, you deserve a bath." I feel like the biggest battle right now is just presenting myself with better options than eating my face off. Look! you could collage or Look! you could do organize this or do that.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi feathers! Well, weighed in today (surprised I got myself to do it, the scale fills me with dread) and after a week being completely off plan and a week being back on, I am basically back to what I was 3 weeks ago, which makes sense. I am looking forward to getting down; I adjusted my Valentine's Day goal to 135 instead of 132, so I just want to make sure I lose a pound next week. That should help me stay on track for the weekend.

Today I was planning on a smoothie (ground almonds, fruit, yogurt, whey protein, no sugar or splenda) for lunch from a local smoothie place. But as I was sitting here before lunch, I got SO HUNGRY and I was craving CARBS like crazy! I started clicking through my calorie counter this week, I have under-eaten my carbs every day by about 1/3rd. Protein has been over, fat is always under, sugar is always over (I swear ONE serving of fruit puts my sugar over, ridiculous) -- so the plan today was to get some carbs and some fat! I had salmon/avocado sushi for lunch, getting a tomato/mozzarella panini for dinner at Panera. My calories will be a bit over (1400 or so) but I figure it's better to go ahead and eat what my body is telling me now instead of setting myself up to binge on bread later.

Anyone have Valentine's Day plans? There is a hockey game that night, but the next night we're doing steaks, scallops and asparagus at home and probably a bottle of wine.

---

Bayzee: Not bummed about San Diego, I wasn't looking forward to that stress. We'll be visiting San Diego this summer; that's enough for me! I'm getting some protein shakes this weekend; I'll let you know the verdict.

Alexistrophic: SuperSized vs SuperSkinny? Is that what you're talking about? I've been hooked on the episodes on youtube! I like the mantra!! Sorry about customer service, that's frustrating. Hope you get an early release and some DVD time; ugh, it sounds so nice to snuggle up on a snow day and watch movies. I take a bath if I'm struggling too! I also crochet or play a video game; you can't eat if your fingers are busy.

krampus: Oh my god, that boat story is horrible! I hope that definitely never happens again. Isn't it funny how flying messes with people? After the Pasadena flight in 2011, I fainted after being off of the plane for at least 6 hours; flying does something to my inner ears, ugh. I had full fat yogurt for the first time in... yikes, years(?) this morning. It was completely different, and delicious, and I felt like I had actually eaten something. NICE 5/5!! I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, I can't wait to hear about your trip!

TurboMammoth: Never... had... Taco Bell?! OMG! I FRICKIN' LOVE TACO BELL, I'm so sorry you've never had it. Get on that! That shrimp dip sounds good. NICE WORKOUT! That old guy sounds sweet.

olehcat: I'm going to get some ingredients to do your smoothie tomorrow, I am looking forward to it! You should make a goal; your birthday? A holiday? A party? Anything? If I don't keep myself on track with mini goals, I have a hard time meeting a far-away goal. After Valentine's day, my next one will be St Patty's day! If you find yourself struggling, maybe a little goal will help. Maybe even just wearing a shirt next weekend that you want to look good in. Helps me out!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #66  

Height: 5'4

FRIDAY!

That is all.

Alex - I find the two techniques you mentioned worked well for me when I feel like eating my face off; do something nice for my body by taking a bath or giving myself a facial, or distracting myself with a little project that makes me feel accomplished. I like to do something like organize photographs, paperwork, magazines (etc.) or just something simple like clean my bathroom or vaccum the house.

What DVDs did you pick up?

That sexual harassment briefing definitely would have been better with some alcohol, thats for sure! Did you know if you are in the military, it is actually ILLEGAL for you to have sex if you are over the legal limit (intoxicated) because it is deemed that you cannot legally consent to sex? Oh yeah... fun times. You can probably imagine how many cases have come up because some people have a few too many drinks, wake up regretting what (or who) they did the night prior, and file a case against the other person because they were too drunk to legally consent.

Crazy... stuff like that ruins lives.

Olehcat - Good job sticking to your planned meal! Did you get your hair done yet? How did it turn out?

Turbo - I wouldn't even consider adding corn or black beans to nachos making them healthier... to me that's just added flavor and goodnes... LOL. You know what I would add though? Chopped bacon. Why have I not thought of that until now?! Next time I make nachos; chicken, bacon, 4-cheese blend, jalepenos, sour cream, guac, salsa and black olives. Perfect!

OK... Potluck... how was it? You got a great workout in beforehand so either way THAT is a win! Your shrimp dip sounds great too!

Krampus - I'm hoping that your lack of posts today means your flight actually took off and wasn't one of the 2600 that were cancelled! Fingers crossed you're sunning your buns in FL right now!

Oh, and high five on the awesome poop! LOL hopefully that will help keep you a little more byoyant during your snorkeling adventure.

Dorian - Well thats sorta disappointing about the offer your BF got... San Diego would have been fun. It sounds like you also saved yourselves a ton of stress on really short notice though, so that's a plus!

My favorite brand of nut butters is a line called Justin's Naturals, and they make all of their products in single serving pouches (a serving being 2 TBS or 32g) and are 180-200 calories depending on the flavor. They taste AMAZING and they are already portion controlled. I even split it up into two servings sometimes to make it fit in my calories and just put the other half in the fridge.

Yeah, try the EAS shakes... you can get them at just about any grocery store or drugstore too so they're super convenient. I love the chocolate flavors and the vanilla, but I haven't tried strawberry.

Great idea using those pants as a reminder and some motivation!

Bayzee - Incredible shrinking woman! Whatever your trainer has you doing is obviously working for you.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #67  

olehcat : I guess Nachos is a pretty much prohibited stuff in the diet world

Alexis : Jeez, it seems like pretty much all the East Coast is getting snowed up! We maybe got 3-4 inches of snow so far, from what I brushed off my car, but it's light and fluffy so I don't mind. The boyfriend was driving to Qc city today though for a conference, and I heard it was much more windy there.

Did you got and early day off? Movie night sounds awesome, I might copy your plan tonight! Some hot tea and a some movies, yay!

Dorian : God, I really seem to miss a lot with this Taco Bell! Next time I head to the States, I'm looking for one! We are supposed to go to Bostin before the summer time, I hope there is one there!

We always have weird Valentine Day plans because the boyfriend and I officially got together on a February 13th LOL So we always make fun of the VD : so far, we plan on having some nice dinner at home on the 13th and doing something trashy and oh-so-not classy on the 14th, like heading to McDonald or something like that :P

I'm super excited though, I got him a cool gift yesterday, I found a Beer package thingy, it is a Special Porter Chipotle Pepper beer from a Brewery he loves, coming with a really cool beer glass

Joss : Bacon!!!! OMFG. A nachos with bacon is probably the best nachos in the world, period.

The potluck was what I expected it to be : I ate too much LOL But honestly, the food was GOOD. it wasn't a trashy potluck with things you stuff in your mouth and then regret it later because it did not taste that great. There were FALAFELS. I almost died. I only had on apple cider beer though, but I still regret all of this this morning .. yup, bad WI.

On a great side, my shrimps layers dip was by far the most popular food of the night F YEAH

Seriously, there is really no better ways to screw up a weigh in than eating a nachos 2 days prior to the weigh in and going to a pot luck the night before.

I'M freaking up to 143 this morning. BLAAAH.

I know there were special occasions, we don't have people over at the house to watch a game every week, neither for a potluck. But still, I'm REALLY struggeling with the first time since I started losing weight, in May 2011, to get back on plan. I always been a steadily weight loser, I was easily losing a pound or 2 every week. I need to get right back into it.

I decided to go back to daily WI. Like, I weighed in once this week, and the number destrooooyed me... But what if, tuesday, I had a super good number before having my 2 days of OOPS? I don't think I would feel that bombed out.

So, I'm starting fresh and new today. Back to newly WI and back to healthy and reasonnable decisions.

I'm not eating that bad, there is just a few things that adds up here in there, I think. I need to be more conscious about this. Plus, I'm having killing workout, my running distance in inscreasing every week and my muscles should start to show up at some point (my upper abs already feel much harder that they were). I'm pomped about this, yay!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

TGIF Feathers...So I haven't really mentioned it yet but I paid a personal trainer to write me up a nutrition, cardio and workout plan for bodyfat loss. I'm not getting personal training, I'm doing the program at home.

I think I didn't mention it because I am worried I will fail at it. It's not easy and quite overwhelming. I decided I'm just going to go for it. If I'm not perfect, I'll get right back on track. I figure it's a win/win either way since it will still be better than what I was doing.

I'm not worried about anything (right now at least) but the weekends and a week off I get in March...those are my diet breakers. And it's not food, it's wine!

This week was my first week and I will say the workouts are intense and food plan very basic; Clean eating, calorie deficit and some carbs allowed and timed according to my workouts. I stuck to it 100% this week and saw a noticeable loss. But I attribute that to the new routine, extra cardio, and the meal timing. To be honest, it's not tons different than what I was eating before, but the portions are more controlled and the meals are set-up well for my schedule.

My program is not as intense as Joss'. I just want to drop more bodyfat and I want to make sure I am doing it properly. I have done well cutting weight onmy own, but the more I lose, the flabbier I feel. It's true, and I know that may be hard for some to understand...but I feel skinny fat.

My goal is to drop bodyfat and try to gain some muscle on this plan.

Dorian....Valentine's plans? Hmmm...I have present for my hubby hiding under the seat of my car. Last year he didn't have a gift for me, but I had one (a kick a$$ one to boot) for him. He says..."Oh, I didn't know we were doing gifts this year." WTH? So he's on the naughty list for Valentine's Day. I will return his gift if I don't get anything this year...in fact, I plan to use the same line if he DOES get he anything, then pull it out later. Lol! We don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, it's just the thought, IMO.

Healthy Smoothie...1 cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt, 3-4 frozen strawberries, 1/3 of a banana (I freeze the banana pieces too) and 3/4 cup of water...blend! 150 calories, 16g carbs and 23g of protein. Way healthier than the packaged stuff and it's clean eating. I don't make mine with the banana anymore and it's still great.

Turbo...I know how you feel. It's hard to balance social situations with a diet. I struggle with that. But good attitude on the moving forward and starting fresh today. The weekend's here and I'm getting nervous.
BTW...there are taco bell's in Ontario...I'm sure Ottawa has one or whatever city is close to you. We call it Taco He!!...so you are not missing much.

Alex...Way to go...small changes make a big difference. When I'm hungry and can't eat anymore, I also have a bath, then a nice herbal tea.

Krampus...Nobody's going anywhere out of my area today. Of course with the snowstorm, we still had to trek into work. Several people had to be pushed out of the parking lot. If you did get on the plane...Bon Voyage! So looking forward to hearing about your trip! I could certainly use some sun myself right now

Olecat...I like my hair short but I miss putting it up in the summer. I have a bob, layered/shorter in the back and longer in the front. It does need regular maintanance and by hairdresser is pricey. I should go every 4-5 weeks but I go every 6-7.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #69  

Dorian - I think we double posted again! Thats pretty awesome that your weight leveled out in spite of eating too much for a few days. It DOES make sense, but sometimes you get those really nasty surprises!

I think your meal attack plan sounds good! Much better to have an awesome panini and some sushi now than a super carb fest later!

Hmm, Valentine's Day. Depressing. I SHOULD have been with my hubby but I had to cancel that trip because of his work schedule. Of course that changed again and how I COULD go out there but my ticket was non-refundable so I lost that money! I'll be at home alone. LOL maybe the hubby will send me flowers or something.

Bayzee - LOL you can't compare your program to mine and make it sound less awesome than it is! Be proud you are challenging yourself. Intensity is all relative and its obviously working!

Turbo - If daily weigh ins keep you on track, get to it woman! I'm glad to see you had a good time at the potluck and that the food was actually WORTH it.
I have a baby shower to go to soon and I'll be packing my meals up! LOL There is going to be a lot of really good food there, but I'll have my protein shake, smile and nod, and stick to my program.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #70  

Joss...I meant not as strict. Lol! I meant I certainly would never compare my program to a "comp program"...it's probably very similar to your first fat cut.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday night, all!

I just had a great workout this evening and it was one I almost didn't go to. Yep, as I was leaving work in a foul mood and feeling so tired, I just thought, forget it, I just want to go home and relax, don't want to go to the gym. I've been go-go-going all week. But then I remembered how darn good I was going to feel afterwards, and I turned toward the gym and went. On the treadmill did a 30 minute walk/run (with the run being the majority of it) for about 2.5 miles. I then did some strength stuff on the machines. I felt all awesome afterwards and in a much better mood!

My eating wasn't great, but I didn't have lunch, so at least saved some calories.

@Alex - hope you stay warm and safe in the storm! I know what you mean about the "I deserve X, Y, and Z" and needing to distract myself! I think I did that today a little and then diverted it by saying, "NO, you will workout because afterwards you'll feel awesome!" It did work, but it doesn't always work!

@Dorian -- good idea !I need to think on that. It's awesome that you were able to recover from your overeating from before!

@Jossfit - I like my hair! She just trimmed it and shaped it up a bit. Like I said, I'm ultimately growing it out, but I'm patient and don't mind the wait so I get trims/shape-ups about every 3 months!

@Turbo - yeah, nachos will kill a weigh-in any day, alas! But I'm sure most of your up weight is water retention and will go down pretty quickly! Go you on the awesome running!

@Bayzee - good luck on your plan! I'm sure you won't fail! You seem like a very determined, stick-to-it type of person!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #72  

bayzee : Oh, that is so cool for your program by the personal trainer! And I totally get you on the skinny fat. It's like, the more weight I lose, it seems the flabby parts of my body only show MORE. What kind of workout are you doing?

Joss : Yup, back into the team of daily WI! I'm super excited about this. It's crazy, only changing THAT one thing feels like a whole new beginning. Silly, isn't it?

I admire you for sticking to the program at the baby shower! Props x 1000!

Olehcat : Oh, these ''I almost did not workout'' are always the best! It's like our expectations are so low, they just can't do anything but kick *ss!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #73  

First Friday probably EVER, not having a few glasses of wine. It was brutally hard...I will not deny that. I went to bed at 9:00 p.m. so I wasn't tempted, and quite frankly the whole thing put me in a bad mood!
Tonight I'm going out for dinner...

I was 112.8 again today. From past experience, this is my "stuck weight". I won't be surprised to sit at this weight for a few weeks. But we'll see!

Turbo...It's a 6 day a week program; 5 days of weights followed by 30mins of cardio, 1 day of cardio only and 1 rest day. Workouts with cardio are about 1.5 hrs. I hope that changes as I get used to routine and exercises. ALthough, the routine is suppose to get switched out in a couple of weeks.

Olecat...thanks for the encouragement. I have a lot of self-control but not in the wine department. lol!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #74  

bayzee : woah resisting the wine is a majoooor win! And your program sounds cool!

Okay, after being super excited of getting back into a daily weigh in thing, I did the most stupid thing ever : I forgot to WI this morning. -_-

I did step on the scale after having my breakfast and a little workout in my living room and hit 142.4 lbs... that is -0.6 from yesterday despite messing up with the scale :P yay!

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #75  

I'm checking my email obsessively today waiting to hear back from my coach and see if there are any changes this week and having some random thoughts in the meantime;

- Adding a tiny pinch of sea salt to my oatmeal the past few mornings is the best thing EVER. It makes the flavorings I use (I've tried caramel and chocolate flavorings so far) so much more intense. I mean, salted caramel and salted chocolates work for a reason, right? Why didn't I try it sooner?!

- Since starting this program and cutting out all the little extras (Crystal Light, diet soda, gum, etc.) my taste buds have gotten more sensitive. Things taste more intense and complex and more like they SHOULD taste. I found my sweet potato to be insanely sweet the past two days, almost dessert-like (with no seasoning on it).

- Why haven't they started releasing movies straight for at home purchase? We do it with pay-per view for movies that are on DVD and for special events like sports so obviously it CAN be done. I think it would be a big thing to have a movie premier and you can buy it at home. People would definitely pay more for the convenience of watching at home, they could still advertise for Coke and all that, and the opening weekend numbers would probably increase. It's going to happen soon... within 5 years I bet.

- I got a message from someone who has done figure competitions in the past and has friends who have hired my same coach, and she says her friends all loved him. In her experience, her friends said they all started to see major changes around weeks 7-8, so I'm excited to get there and see some myself! I'm seeing little changes so far.

Turbo - Hahaha, that's too funny! I'm glad even though you 'messed up' it was still a positive turn, so hopefully tomorrow is even better!

Bayzee - Don't worry if that is your "stuck weight"... you are working on BUILDING MUSCLE NOW!

Olehcat - Good for you gettin your butt to the gym! I won't say that I ALWAYS am glad I did a workout (because there have been a handfull of times that I had a bad workout and should have just rested) but 99.9999% of the time I do feel better just doing SOMETHING.