Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #151  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers,

I was 123.6 yesterday and again today. I had a BEAST dinner at Cracker Barrel and nibbled on various things last night, so it makes sense. I am approaching the point in my cycle when my appetite spikes but for about a week or so I have felt VERY in control, which is nice.

Things I hate to admit - I feel like I'm getting WEAKER in the gym because I'm not eating enough, but I notice better definition because I am losing fat. I don't eat my body weight in lbs in protein, probably 80-100g/day on average - maybe I should focus on that more? I know it's not possible to achieve strength GAINS while eating at a deficit, which I am OK with for the time being. But lately I rarely have days where I throw iron around effortlessly and have tons of energy to complete workouts - it's always "oh sh!t I'm gonna puke/pass out, need to go home and eat." Timing seems almost meaningless too; even if I eat 800 calories with lots of carbs at 3 PM and get to the gym at 5:30, I sometimes still puss out early. Cooperate with me, body!

My roommate gave her # to the dude at the gym she's been checking out. Did some stalking and we found his FB. Despite his AWESOME physical condition (he's a boxer and works out 4 hours a day every day) he seems like a COMPLETE LOSER and posts a bunch of sh!tty stuff about women on his page and is FB-friends with a lot of half-naked high school girls, so I'm not-subtly discouraging that from happening.

Not much news otherwise...I'm pretty broke from my vacation so laying low this week. I have a DOPE lunch to look forward to, Greek yogurt + huge chicken and veggie mix + choc chip cookie dough Quest bar. If I'm still hungry at the gym after this, well, something's really wrong.

Turbo Hah, your BF clearly doesn't understand how involved the process of cupcake making is. I am happy to see your weight is down and you have fun plans in the works for a great workout. I'm optimistically hoping I'll be able to lift, run and then do an hour of Zumba.

JossFit Augh stupid scale. Did your coach ever mention the MENTAL HEALTH aspect of the program? I know prep competition programs are 100% focused on physical results - but I am curious if he mentioned that his clients are able to resume "regular life" or continue the program sustainably? Sending you hugs and encouragement! As for the friends thing, I have "outgrown" many of mine so it's probably the reason it sucks so much when someone outgrows me!

Alexistrophic I second recommendations for an allergy test or appointment with an immunologist. It might be something you'd never suspect, like corn (I HOPE that isn't the case...). I put dairy in my coffee but I don't mind almond milk, and I think Blue Diamond unsweetened was what I used. You need to use more than you would with other creamer to get the consistency/taste anywhere near milk or cream coffee...

olehcat Don't blow the wine on your ex! I'm sorry you're struggling emotionally, news like that always brings down even the best of moods. Maybe I'm just disgusting but I never refrigerate any of my lunch items at work - if you get an insulated lunch box you can keep them cool during the day!

Dianne I am SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK, haha. Free your mind! I'm still here and I haven't binged since fall 2011. Still do what I've been doing - intermittent fasting-ish eating to balance out my sedentary 9-5 job and permit myself to eat until I'm full, high protein/high vegetable/moderate fat/carbs moderate-low. If I recall you hate vegetables, right? What are your meals like?

Dorian5 *Hug* Sorry to hear that your mom/your family is having such a tough time, with your cousin's husband's passing and your sister moving home...so I'm EXTRA excited that your boyfriend is really holding up his end of the deal and making changes to show you he cares.

Bunneh Glad you're doing "so far, so good"

Bayzee Uuuuggghhhh bronchitis - feel better and NO CARDIO for you, the "neck up" rule is in action here. Your weight is gonna be whack when you're sick but it will even out after. Get well soon!

Breeandbutton Congrats on the new decade. I will seriously sh!t my pants if I ever get under 120. It's like an unobtainable pipe dream for me, even though realistically I'm only 3-4 pounds away. I can completely relate to the "nothing is new" feeling - UGH - I'm sick of my life and all my friends and everything right now. Every day I drive to work or around town and fantasize about leaves and green.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #152  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Turbo ~ I've also read about garlic and onions causing problems, so I've cut them both out. If it turns out that they're the culprit, I'll be super bummed. I love them both...
And I may start drinking my coffee black for awhile, just to eliminate any possible problems.

Joss ~ Thanks for the creamer recommendation. I was thinking of just wandering in the whole foods "dairy" case, but the whole thing gets so darn overwhelming sometimes.

And I can definitely see what you're saying about the cravings... I think at this point, I'm just so frustrated with these symptoms that I'm willing to do anything to find out what's causing them. It's almost more of an intellectual issue than anything. And I was considering a food intolerance test, but I'd kind of like to see what I can figure out on my own first. I'm still wondering if it might just be something that a better digestive enzyme will cure.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Okay, left work early and took a half day. Got all my work done this morning so I wouldn't be worrying about it. Laying in bed watching TV with the laptop. Still feel sick, have a fever, but can't sleep because of the decongestants. Boyfriend came home early too, I gave him whatever sickness I have, but he is having to work from home. He doesn't seem to have a fever like I do, but poor thing was up all night coughing and just being stuffy.

I'm watching Food Network because I'm a masochist; how the heck does Giada de Lauretiis look like that and eat all that food? Pisses me right off, haha.

My sister is moving in with my mother because she is so bad with money, she hasn't been paying for her apartment so they're kicking her out. My sister has 2 children and recently separated from her husband (who has a cocaine habit.) She has bad credit so my mom has my sister's car in her name, but my sister isn't paying for her car, either... my mother has enough trouble with depression and struggles with alcohol, I just don't think my sister coming home to mooch off of her and leave her kids with my mom to go drink/party all night is a good idea. I tried to get my mother to tell her not to move in, but my mom worries about my sister's kids (ages 10 and 6) -- frustrating.

On the weight loss front, I've made a new goal to be 130 by St. Patrick's day -- I'll celebrate with a green beer (and skip the shamrock shake at Mickey D's)

---
TurboMammoth - Congrats on the low weigh in! That's a heck of a work out too. Your Canadiens kicked our arses last night!! Good luck staying away from cupcakes; but knowing that they need to go somewhere else to raise money probably helps. That's a really great idea!

Alexistrophic - My sister will say it's short term, but there is really no telling; last time she moved in (last year) she and her husband said it would be temporary but my mother ended up just kicking them out. I'm sorry you can relate to being stressed out, it's awful! The fairy dust helped, I busted out all my work yesterday and got home on time! Glad you seem to be closer in figuring out the tummy trouble. I like almond milk in my coffee, but I usually use the sweetened vanilla, hehe. I also like coconut milk in coffee if you think you want to give that a try?

JossFit -- Wasn't that snow pretty? I had to trudge around in to to get to that funeral, idk if that has anything to do with me being sick, hehe. Thanks for your sweet words. I'm sorry you're getting frustrated with your weigh ins, lovely. I can only say that I think it will pay off soon with a big drop -- with all of the changes you've made, I don't see how it couldn't. DON'T QUIT!! I read about telling your husband what you really want/need; it's something I need to work on, I don't communicate what I want and then get frustrated when I don't get it. Pardon me while I take a page out of your book I'm scared to ask, but what the heck is a kelp noodle? I love cadbury creme eggs because I'm disgusting and enjoy that liquid sugar/shortening/whatever good inside.

Dianne042425 -- Hai!! Glad to see you back again!!! Congrats on getting back on the path, you can do this. Missed having you around!

olehcat - Oh, I know that feels awful to find out about your ex. I'm so sorry ; I deal with anxiety/being upset by losing my appetite as well, but be sure you treat yourself right and get yourself some nutrients instead of just fasting. Nice work not hitting the wine; I have been cutting back myself! I am trying to keep from drinking during the week from now on, so when I want to have a glass I will remind myself that you're abstaining too and I'm not alone!

TheBunneh - I *think* I remember your posts -- I think it's the cute little Fluttershy icon I remember, hee hee. Welcome back!! Glad to hear you're staying on plan and getting it done!

Bayzee - Oh no, I'm sorry you're sick! Bronchitis is serious too, don't wear yourself out with workouts -- remember to rest your body if you need it. As a consolation, I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS show a gain when I am sick, I think because your body retains fluids, which is why people tell you to drink lots of them. Feel better, hope those antibiotics kick in soon.

krampus - *snuggles* You are sweet to me; thanks for the nice words. Beau is doing better and trying to make an effort and just generally being sweet (and asking me my ring size, hmmm) -- I hope your room mate stays away from jock strap tool, he sounds awful, yuck. I don't know a d@mn thing about lifting, and I can't remember if you count calories -- are you eating at a deficit or are you eating at maintenance and just working out? I eat about 80g of protein a day too and I don't lift at all, it just helps me to be full (greek yogurt and nut butters usually, cutting back on meat) -- I think you may be right about needing more, maybe tinker around with it and see if it helps? I need to get some of these frickin' quest bars. OH OH OH and I tried the protein shakes from trader joes -- they are awesome, thanks for the heads up!

XOXOXOXOXOXO feathers (I can safely give hugs and kisses over the internet without giving you guys strep or whatever the f*ck I have, haha) -- keep up the great work ladies.

Last edited by Dorian5; 02-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Joss Yep exactly how it sounds... Toll House Pie is cookie dough, cooked in the shape of a pie, so it's still soft and super gooey in the middle, it's served warm with ice cream whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Good thing it is 9.5 hours away LOL or I'd eat it... often... As far as your program, have you asked the coach WHY it takes so long to see better results? I know you've mentioned people see great results many weeks in... but why does it take that long? Is it something biological, or is it something about the program that changes then and could be used to your advantage earlier? Also... NO days off? I assume that means from the exercise not just the diet part? That just sounds unhealthy. The body needs time to rest. I can completely understand your frustration, you're paying this guy to help you out, but it's making you miserable and so far isn't any more beneficial than a free plan you can devise for yourself that is much more pleasant for you. There better be some bit improvement coming up for you, cause I'm starting to get mad FOR you! LOL

Turbo that sounds like my husband... reminds me of the night I told him to make his own dinner, then he needed my to walk him through making a quesadilla step by step.... I may as well have done it myself, it was more work explaining it to him than just making the thing... "how does the quesadilla maker work?" "turn it on." "how much cheese do I put in?" "how much cheese do you want in it??" At least baking requires some thought LOL

Krampus yeah that guy your roommate likes doesn't seem to be much of a catch. I suppose if she just wants some action, it could work, but anything else is just a bad idea!

Every else HI! Sorry, time got away from me, if I write any more personals I'll be late for work!

_________________________________________________-

Still feeling like blah. Woke up around 150 today (eep!) and am just feeling SO HUNGRY. Part of how I was doing so well for a while there was not really feeling hungry till dinner time, but I have been hungry ALL DAY LONG lately and it's causing a problem Grrrr....

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #155  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

kakers Hang in there! Does your cycle dictate your appetite? I can't stop eating ever between ovulation and TOM...

Dorian5 <3 <3 <3 I hope you can rest. Giada feeds the food to her staffers. I don't count calories - I probably have 1800-2000/day or so most days. I am guessing I'm at a deficit if I'm having issues completing workouts - maybe I need more carbs or something? WHO KNOWS, it's a mystery.

HOLD THE PHONE, he's asking for ring size??????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #156  

Height: 5'4

I went and knocked out my second cardio session, made a healthy dinner, and now I feel much better. Time to take a bath!

Kakers - It takes a while to see results because we have to ease into it, and the focus is on FAT loss, not weight loss, so it's deliberately slow. 1 pound per week of actual FAT loss is ideal, but it's just not what I'm used to. I KNOW he's doing it the right way and I know if I stick with it my results will be great, but at those moments when I can't see the forrest for the trees it's disheartening. Sometimes b*tching about it and having you guys ask me these questions really helps me put it into perspective!
Yeah, no rest days right now, but honestly it's my MIND that is worn out... my body feels pretty good. Better than it has in a long time actually!

I hope you're able to deal with the hunger okay! I haven't been physically hungry on this plan (yet) but when I am, oh boy... look out! I get HANGRY! LOL

Dorian - Hold the phone... RINGS?! Awww snap!
I like your goal of 130 by St. Patty's day... seems totally doable!

Oh, and big huge hugs your way! I'm so sorry you and your hunny are BOTH sick. Does he get whiny when he's sick? Men can be awful about that!

Alex - Definitely check out that creamer... I love it. Kicks the crap out of International Delight IMO!

I hope whatever it is thats upsetting your tummy can be helped with a simple over the counter or probiotic. Just promise that if you can't narrow it down soon you will go see a doctor and have some tests done. (I also second that it could be stress-related - IBS and Gastritis are two very common stomach ailments that can be really aggrivated by stress).

Krampus - Thats a good question about the mental part of the diet, but no, he hasn't discussed that with me. I imagine that it's easier for his girls that can train with him in person, and from what I understand he's a big old teddy bear, but I can only get so much support from him via email and phone calls. I knew it would be hard on me mentally, and there will be times like today that I struggle but for the most part I'm doing better than expected and as long as I keep my goals in mind I think I can do it.

Hmm, that sucks that your workouts have been lackluster lately! Do you take any sort of pre-workout energy supplement/drink? Perhaps it would help you out?

Of course not every workout will be amazing, and sometimes you are making huge gains and sometimes you arent. I'm adding poundage like crazy in the gym lately, but sometimes its all I can do to break even. You do have to eat to fuel your workouts so perhaps focusing more on eating for performance will help; a blend of fast and slow carbs, quick energy type stuff, saving the heavier protein for AFTER the workout?
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

kakers - I'm sorry you're feeling blah. Sending hugs your way! Maybe working in more protein would help? That's the only thing that really keeps me from getting hungry. Hope you can get it under control soon!

Krampus - YEP he started talking about some kind of diamond code with letters and numbers and stuff he's been looking at (cut, color... something else, something else.... idk, I should know these things, haha) -- I was like, I have no clue what any of that means but I'd say yes to you if you got down on a knee with a twist tie in your hand, haha.

I think I read somewhere that Giada gets up at like, 4 in the morning and does yoga too, and her cookbooks have teeeeeeny tiny portions. But watching her eat nutella-filled fried wontons still pisses me off.

Jossfit - Nah, he's not a baby about it -- boyfriend is like me in that he will try to work through a cold and do too much until it lays him out -- doesn't help that he's the only one at his job right now that knows the system, so even though he's not at work today, he's on his computer in the office still working (he does IT support)

I figured 130 was a good goal, I generally am lucky to get a pound a week.

Thanks for the hugs!

Last edited by Dorian5; 02-19-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Day one not counting calories I would say is, okay. Probably around 1800 calories. Scary! How do people lose on this much? I guess I dont know if I could or not since ive never tried it

What number of calories are you all losing on? With what exercise?

@Alexistrophic - You ate only FOUR things all day long?! So you had only about 400 calories?? How do you servive?! Regarding the coffee, I dont think ill be much help because I drink it black Coffee is not good for you anyways, maybe try finding another drink? teas, Emergen C packs, etc.

@Jossfit - I know what you mean about loving structure. I do too. I love a routine life. I think its when I feel RESTRICTED is when i go crazy. Also, when I fall off, I have the all or nothing mentality

@Turbo - Kudos for baking and not binging on it! I think I would have You said you dont count calories anymore. Do you still "estimate" your calories? One of my biggest questions is, if you are not counting calories, and not creating a calorie deficit, how do people lose weight just by eating healthy and exercising?!

@krampus - Remind me again what a "intermittent fasting ISH" style is? And when you say low fat and carb, what are your grams would you estimate? Also, what would you estimate your calories around? I know you recently started weight lifting. How is that going? How long have you been doing it? How often do you do it? ahh sorry have so many questions for you! Its been so long!

@Dorian - I love your goal! I want to join you on it!! What has your weight loss per week been looking like thus far?

Last edited by Dianne042425; 02-19-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #159  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

CHATTY CHATTY FEATHERS!

Joss : Were you able to make it through the day without too much craving/temptations? Hope the rest of the day was okay

krampus : Oh, Douchy Alert for the gym guy that you and your roomate stalked! I don't get guy who post stuff like that on Facebook. ''Oh, I know how to get chicks, I'm definitely gonna post half naked barely legal pictures of girls on my wall, GREAT IDEA''

I did not know you were doing Zumba! I sooo can't do that. Total lack of coordination.

Alexis : Aww I feel, I would not like to have to cut onions and garlic, I put them in every single meal.. my brother barely can eat them though, for some weird reasons!

Dorian : I had to google Giada and seriously, I don't get how some Chefs that cook decadent food are so skinnyyyyy. I only BAKE a pie (like, just baking it, not eating barely breathing the thing) and it's like I put 2 pounds in the trunck Sorry to hear you are feeling bad and all of this situation with your family

I watched part of the game this afternoon in the gym (because, YES, people are so freak about hockey here that they show some express version of the game during the day at the sport channel :P) and it was quite a game (for us) Did you got the part our benching goalie caught the puck from the bench? LOL He saved the guy from our sport channel standing there hehe.

OOOOUH put a ring on it!!! Yes yes yes!

Kakers : OMG your story about your husband and the quesedilla maker : my life exactly with the boyfriend LOL Sooo many questions that almost always end up in ''okay come on, let me do that, for godsake''

Dianne : I have to say that dieting without calories counting is a lot of guess. I try to stay with the same size of portion I used to have when I was actually counting. But it is hard, it is a constant need of adjustment. Some week I lose, some other week I barely lose, some week I gain a bit. It varies a lot, to be honest.

I do workout more now, which is probably helping to compensate my maybe not always eating at a huge deficit.

I've been trying that for a few months now because I came up with the thought that I was going to write down my calories count in my little book all my life. But it is hard, because the results are not as consistent as they were when I was CC.

I scored and awesome and exausting workout this afternoon. I increase most of my dumbbell weight, OH YEAH.

The boyfriend came back with his money from the cupcakes. He put some on his floor at work, and on the floor beneath too. On his floor, which is graduated students and stuff (not the most wealthy people), he got like 60 $ for 24 cupcakes or something. On the floor beneath, where it is working adults, he got 22$ for the 24 cupcakes eaten. it is not even a donation of 12$ per cupcakes, good lord!!!

He was quite disapointed. And after working on the cupcakes all day yesterday, I decided that all of these cheap women were definitely little b*tches that nobody loves. CHEAP WH*RES.

Have a good evening ladies
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, all!

I'm feeling better today. I did slip up a bit on the eating yesterday. The main disaster was that I had a prepackaged thingie for dinner (was starving after my class and had no time to cook) and didn't realize that there were TWO servings, so I ate twice the calories I thought I did. Oh, yay. I really hate that. I wish they would just include total calories in a package and let us do the math if you want to cut it in half or share with someone. So this mornign I didn't weigh -- I felt bloaty and gassy and eh, no need to piss myself off more.

Today I am scheduled to do a 3.5 mile run after work, so I hope I will feel less bloated after that!

@Dianne - LOL, I could have drunk an entire bottle of wine last night if I had opened one! So I hope what you're doing works, too (the not counting calories)! I hate counting specific calories! You have a similar goal to me. I'm so curious to hear the answers to your question about numbers that people are losing on!

@Alex - that's exactly what I'm going to do. I am going to get this weight off and be awesome and fit and happy again! *nods decisively* As for the coffee question, I have drunk my coffee black for a long time. For a big once-in-awhile treat, I put full fat whipping cream in. YUM!!!! That was one of the incentives of doing low carb, too, that I could have that for breakfast every morning for awhile and still lose weight, lol.

@Jossfit - thank you for understanding! Yeah, it's like I have no desire to restart a relationship with him or anything. I wish him the best, blah blah blah, but it still feels weird and sad, there's a finality to it. Boy, I hope you can take a day off soon! That has to be so frustrating to be on such a restrictive diet and working so hard and not see dramatic results!

@turbo - thank you! It's hard, but I do feel a lot better now, a few days later. I still feel bloated and fat because I ate way more than I thought I ate yesterday and somewhat out of stress because it's my least favorite day of the week and I have my long 3-hour class after a full day of work and sometimes I'm not good at handling that without eating some things I shouldn't!

@Krampus - that's weird about the workouts! I have no explanation for that, but I've had weak days. On Sunday I had a very weak workout and couldn't even do what I had done just a few days earlier. Have no idea why. And ew on the gross gym guy.

@Dorian - *hugs* That's a lot of stress to go through. I'm sorry you're sick on top of all of that! And ring size?????
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #161  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I forgot how chatty you ladies are!

Can't keep up right now but wanted to say good morning.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #162  

Good morning Feathers!

I am not going to weigh in everyday so I wont have updates on that. I think I will weigh every two weeks. I care more about my clothes getting looser

@Turbo - Im curious about people who weigh in every day when they dont count calories. The only reason I say that is because my weight fluctuates so much with water weight. Like if I eat lets say 1300 calories and then weigh in the next day lets say its 135.8. And then ate 1600 calories that day and weighed in the next day, my weight would go up to like 137 just in water weight! So how do you all accurately weigh yourselves?

You said you started working out which has probably helped with your weight loss. What does your weekly exercise plan look like?

@olechat - OH my! I HATE when that happens. You try to be good and then BAM you get hit with a surprise of TWO servings. That has happened to me and being the masochist I am, I binge! Good for you for brushing it off!

Not much to report right now. Have a great day feathers! ILl be on here periodically throughout the day!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #163  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Just bustin' in with a hearty "Good Mornin'" to all you ladies!

Joss ~ Thank-freakin'-goodness for your weigh in this morning. (I've been spying in the daily weigh-in thread....) Woosh city, lady. We were about to file a complaint on your behalf.

Krampus ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday! Sounds like you're starting to recognize your own limits re: nutrition and the gym. Aiming for more protein sounds like the way to go. Hope your friend doesn't end up with the jock strap tool. Yuck! I'm kind of returning to the "IF-ish eating" philosophy, albeit loosely and more for digestive reasons.

Dorian ~ That sounds rough w. your mom + sis and the kids. I'm actually roomin' with my mom now. It's not really the ideal situation for either of us, but we get along great and are able to be good support for each other. I was actively looking to move out, but the situation now is that we both had been counting on a contract source for financial support and now that contract is ending. We knew this would happen and honestly, it's about time, but it's going to be rough. (This is the reason for the "rent increase".) She's going to be taking on the mortgage solo and I'm going to be helping... So now the money I had earmarked for moving out/paying down student debt will be going to the mortgage. I'm happy to help out and really again, it's about time, I'm just frustrated b.c it feels like I'm having to work harder just to tread water. Peaks and valleys, though.

Diane ~ I only ate four things on Monday, but I ate A LOT of them, so cals for that day averaged out to closer to 1000. I know that's too low to be sustainable, but it goes in cycles. Monday is usually a lower day.

Turbo ~ Awwww, Turbo. Re: those cupcakes. Sounds like a lot of work for not a lot of pay off. Was there a sign on them saying: "This is for a good cause"? To my mind, though, it might be that office workers are used to people bringing in "free" goodies all the time, so when they're actually asked to pay for them (no matter what the cause...) it throws 'em for a loop Hurray for

Kakers ~ Hunger can be a b*&$%! I just started cutting down my daytime eating (for digestive reasons) and it's a pain dealing with hunger pains (although coming off of close to a month of "big eating", hunger is actually a novelty and shows that we're probably moving in the right direction.

Ohlecat ~ Those prepackaged *******s... making themselves feel better about the calorie count by making it for two servings instead of one. *******s, I say! Hurrah for your run. And yes, my weight buddy, if we keep making good decisions, we will get to ideal (in the body's own timeframe)!!!
Being "happy" however... shoot... we can have that TODAY.

Thebunneh ~ Glad you're here!

~~~
Had an interesting night last night.

My limited food list included:
bananas (too many)
white meat turkey
sweet potato
cucumber
salt and vinegar potato chips (OK, not the smartest, but they were delicious and didn't cause any problems...) Hurray!
I'm certainly eating enough in quantity and ended up close to 1400 for total cals.

I've also been working in more yoga. Just a few minutes here and there, but it does wonders for my mood.

In interesting news, the pics from our orchestra photo shoot are up:
http://www.havilandstudio.com/

Enter the site then click Ridgewood Symphony Orchestra. I'm the chick in the very last picture directly underneath the conductor. Hee hee... We call him "Jiminy Conductor" because of his springy-kneed bouncy style.

Make it a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 02-20-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #164  

Height: 5'4

Alex - Right?! It could not have come a moment sooner either. Yesterday was rough!

I KNOW it's not my coach's fault when my progress slows and that the fluctuations are normal but sometimes it's so hard to look at things objectively and be patient when I'm working so hard. Chalk it up to being part of the microwave generation! Gotta have my results NOW! LOL

Dianne - I think a bi-weekly weight check sounds like a great plan. This daily weigh-in stuff sucks sometimes! LOL

Do you have a goal size you'd like to be in?

I saw your thread about the exercise routines and your question about calories, etc. I would contribute but I feel like mine is an extreme example right now, and I didn't want to make anyone else feel like somehow what they're doing might not be enough.

Oh, and I so relate about the all or nothing mentality. I'm getting better about it with time though. It used to be that a single Hershey Kiss meant a massive multi-day binge, and of course I wouldn't workout because "what's the point?" I'm SOOO glad that's not the case anymore! Now I can have indulgent celebratory meals and still hit the gym, stop at one meal, one day, etc. Now I even make healthy versions of things and work chocolate, bacon and other 'naughty' foods into my meals. I know now its just food, and nothing is 'good' or 'bad'. I still struggle with it of course, but not like I used to!

Thebunneh - Good morning! Hope you're doing well today!

Olehcat - Generally I'm really good with serving sizes BUT the dual servings got me a couple of months ago! I found a really awesome looking enchilada pie meal and the macros looked pretty good (about 250 calories, decent amount of protein, etc.) so I bought it for 'emergencies'. One day I ended up missing a meal and came home STARVING and tossed it in the microwave. It was delicious, and I even added a bit of fresh salsa and a dollop of greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It wasn't until after I finished it that I realized there were TWO servings in that tiny little thing. I was irritated at myself for sure, and then because I'm an IDIOT I too (Like Dianne mentioned) decided to just eat whatever else sounded good. Ugh.

I'm sure you'll feel better after your run though!

BTW, what the heck is your username all about?! I cannot figure out what it means! Ole H*ll Cat maybe?

Turbo - Yes ma'am, I made it. I just carried on like normal, had a nice relaxing bath before bed, and when I woke up today the scale was down 2.6 pounds!! I definitely felt better after that!

WTF about the cheap wh*res?! LOL I suppose it's all relative but $2 for a cupcake isn't bad per say, but when you hoped to make more, especially after ALL that work, that's disappointing. You probably spent a decent amount just on the ingredients for them all!

Whoot for increasing your weights! Thats awesome! Doesn't it feel great to push yourself and see yourself making progress like that?

Dorian - I'm glad your BF isn't a pansy! LOL I would hate to think of you sick and taking care of him because he's sick and WHINY!

Are you feeling better today?

Well, it's Wednesday. Yep. Feels like Wednesday.

I'm feeling much better today thanks to that drop, and so glad that I didn't do anything foolish due to my frustration. I even hit the gym hard today and according to my HRM I burned off 1095 calories in my 60 minutes of cardio! Whoot!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #165  

@Alexistrophic - Regarding your vinegar chips, I notice even "not good" foods like chips, breads, etc. arent that bad and dont upset my stomach when there are only a few ingredients. Chips really arent that bad if its just the potato, olive oil and sea salt. I eat things like that to help cravings and it doesnt upset my digestive track!

@Jossfit - Oh man. Sounds just like me (how you used to be). One LITTLE thing off plan and the entire day was blown and yep, had the exercise mentality of, whats the point? This little 200 calories burning exercise is NOTHING to my binge. Then I spend the next hour planning my "new plan". So great you overcame that. I am trying. Slowly but surely.

As far as size, yes and no. I KNOW I am meant to be a smaller size. One, ive been there, and two I can just tell. I know my own body. I am currently a size 4. But not really going by numbers. I want to just get to where I am supposed to be. Where my knees dont look bigger because theres too much fat for my structure. I think that size will put me around a 0. So basically two sizes smaller.. We will see though.