Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Congrats TurboMammoth & Krampus! 127, wow!

jayohwhy - I haven't tried calorie cycling. Although I have been thinking it might be a good idea if I hit a plateau. I could totally see myself eating junk on the 'high' days though...

Started walking for 30 mins on my lunch hour. Depending on which way I go (hilly vs. no hills) I seem to be able to do 1.5-2 miles. A nice addition considering I'm sitting at my desk pretty much for 8 hours straight. I was up to 139.6 this AM. A bit disappointing as it's up from yesterday, but overall I'm moving in the right direction so I just have to keep that in mind. Hoping to see low 139s tomorrow though.

TOM is 1 1/2 weeks away and this is usually when I want to binge on salty foods. Hoping to keep that in check this week. Yesterday my husband was munching on potato chips straight out of the bag! They looked so good. Although it was like I could feel the salt even though I wasn't eating them. haha.
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #122  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone!

TOM is coming soon here too. i'm not thrilled. oh well.

however, what i AM thrilled about is my unlimited yoga membership that i just got for $65 a month. I'm going in for my first classes at this studio today and i'm thinking of going back to back for 2 classes, but that would be 2.5 straight hours of yoga. too much?

i think i'm just excited that i dont have to pay per class anymore. it was adding up.

i was doing hot yoga but now i will be switching to vinyasa yoga/ power yoga and this studio also offers pilates and bar classes. i'm super jazzed!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #123  

WOOOOT I hit the 50 lb mark! I feel like its my 50th anniversary or something! I was probably dehydrated or its a fluke IDK! But I am thrilled! hahaha
Lookin hot in the green dress - here I come!

Also I did this today-
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #124  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

TOM is here-I am 137.8 so down from before. I'm interested to see where I'll be after TOM. Feel like I'm spinning my wheels....
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #125  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm feeling better. Thank you everyone. I actually kicked that cold's butt REALLY FAST and was better come Tuesday morning. I had to skip Monday's workout though, but at least I'm feeling better.

For some reason I still read Fat Acceptance blogs. I always liked reading them because I truly hate the way overweight/obese folks are demonized. What I never liked was the demonic hatred of weight loss. There ARE quite a few bloggers that have the attitude that if you want to lose weight then go for it, but they are few and far between.

Well I've decided to stop reading all of these blogs altogether. I'm getting too angry now.

One of the bloggers talked about "Weight of the Nation" that HBO documentary (I haven't seen it) and said that two maintainers of weight loss were shown with "unhealthy eating habits." What were their unhealthy eating habits? Keeping a log of their food and counting calories. Now, I don't know to the extent that these maintainers kept their logs, but this isn't the first time that a FA blogger has categorized calorie counting as "disordered eating."

I don't know ladies, I think eating whatever I wanted and feeling sick afterward was disordered eating. I felt bad about how I ate so I fixed it. I think THAT is healthier.

philana - Wow, I'm touched!! Also I understand what you mean about seeing people and noticing the difference between fit and skinny. The look I've always wanted was fit—I just never realized it until I started losing weight realized there was a difference.

You look amazing in that photo! You really look like someone who is fit and healthy.

DottieMae - Congrats on getting into the 130s!! You are so brave for doing Bikram, I am so scared of it, lol.

TurboMammoth - congrats on getting back down!!

LisaTcan - I hope the scale moves for you soon!

krampus - I find that JCP's junior's sizes run a little small/weird compared to other places. They're nice clothes…just the sizing is wonky.

Congrats on the new low!!

pixelllate - That dress is really nice! I bet you'll look great in it! CONGRATS ON 50LBS LOST! THAT'S AWESOME!!

jayowhy - I never tried calorie cycling, but that's only because I don't like keeping track of a weekly calorie intake, haha. I gave myself a range when I was losing (just like now) so I guess I did something similar.

crazygurl - good luck! I always liked that whoosh after TOM Hopefully it comes for you!

Last edited by sontaikle; 05-17-2012 at 08:40 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #126  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

DottieMae : TOM related need of salty food LOL Why do we always crave those when TOM is getting near? Like we need the extra water weight from the salt! LOL

jayo : how nice about your yoga class! Can you take as mush yoga class as you want with this 65$ ?V

pixelllate : CONGRATS ON THE 50 LBS! what an accomplishment!! are you planning something to reward yourself?

crazygurl : glad to know you're back down. keep up the efforts

sontaikle : Glad you feel better! I watched a TV show about the same subject of Fat Acceptance the other day, and it got me so frustrated that I turned off to tv in fury. I'm okay with the fact that some people don't mind about being fat with the esthetic part, which is really noble, because you're pretty from the inside. I think it's amazing. However, I get so frustrated when they don't want to admit they jeopardizing their health. You.Don't.Mess.With.Health!

Hey ladies. I'm going back to my dad's place tomorrow morning for 4 days... It's gonna be a little challenge for the portion control and everything. I'm planning to go to the grocery saturday morning and buy fruits and veggies to munch as snacks while I'm gonna be there. They eat healthy, but I'm gonna spend most of my time with my brother and my dad and well, they are men. They eat like men.

I was down to 133.6 lbs, I'm curious too see if it will stick until tomorrow. I've been doing my crunch and plan routine every morning and every night for a few days and so far I'm able to stick with it. My pilates DVD that I did for the first time in weeks last night left my legs all shaky and a bit sore though... I hope I'm gonna be okay for my 10k run tonight!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #127  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I feel gross this morning yet supposedly was 127.0 again. I'm stressed out because my landlord (who is in Ohio)'s car got towed and it's on me to take care of it. Have no idea where it is or what the procedure in my city is to get it out. I hope he doesn't try to blame me for it...

on Fat Acceptance I've always said everyone should try being both fat and thin before judging anyone. Both are difficult in their own way.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #128  

pixelllate - OMG 50 lbs? That is AWESOME! Congrats on all your hard work!

sontaikle - glad you're feeling better. I haven't seen Weight of the Nation but it looks really interesting. My sister is overweight and has been most of her life. It's always been sort of a thing between us because growing up she was heavy and I was the kid who could eat anything and never gain a pound. I know when I was younger I threw it in her face a bit and I totally regret that. Of course the weight caught up with me, but not quite in the same way that it did for her. I guess she's likely around 300 lbs right now. We both had (have?) very disordered eating - binging in secret. I would do it on nights my husband would go out - get a plate of Nachos from Baja Fresh and eat the entire thing. I just looked up the calories and there are 1890 in one plate. Good God. I know my sister would do the same thing - when we lived together my mother used to find chip bags hidden in the house, and when she comes to visit I know she eats in secret. Is calorie counting disordered? I think if it's used as a tool to help you understand what you're eating and the nutrients in food no. I do think we all have to be realistic though and understand that sometimes it's ok to go over, and not to completely starve yourself of calories all day in order to binge later, you know?

krampus - Sizing is such a pain! I wear size 6 from Old Navy, I can fit into a pair of my jeans from Target that are a size 4 (albeit they're a bit snug) and yet my wedding dress was a size 14 - sure it was taken in a bit but still! I find that the cheaper/less expensive clothes are certainly vanity sized, whereas designer/more expensive clothes stick to the more traditional 'dressmaker' sizes. I do some sewing and sewing patterns use dressmaker sizing. I think I'm likely a 10/12 now. I think some UK sizes are more like dressmaker sizes.

Side note I'm down to 138.5 this am! I actually can't believe it. woo-hoo!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #129  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone. Feeling encouraged today as I'm down during TOM which is rare! I also have tomorrow off and today I am getting a much needed haircut and highlights...I feel like I haven't had time for any girly stuff in awhile. I also got a gel manicure and pedicure on Sunday (I'm not a mother but my husband said since I will be someday (hopefully many years from now) that he was treating me.) I fell asleep in the chair! Anyway I have tomorrow off FINALLY to rest and I am really looking forward to it. Busy weekend again with my church's 50th anniversary that I am in charge of things for and also hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend plus squeezing in a date night! Since I'm a teacher I am counting down until June 15th for my summer vacation to begin.

Ok, time for personals because it has been too long!

DottieMae Congrats on the loss and thanks for the TOM encouragement. I am hoping that there will be a woosh after TOM this time, but I guess I will have to wait and see :-)

Philana Looks like you are doing great! I forgot to tell you that you looked amazing in the pic also. Very healthy and fit. I bet you'll be in the 120's before you know it!

krampus Wow 127, looking good! I agree on sizing. There are things when I can wear a size 6 and be 10 lbs more than I am, and I even have a size 0 dress from Ann Taylor Loft...I KNOW I'm not a size 0!! Plus with these 34DD who knows! Keep up the good work.

pixelllate 50 lbs is so great! I bet you will look amazing in that green dress.

sontaikle I haven't seen Weight of the Nation either but I have seen several other Netflix documentaries related to food and culture and have found them very interesting. I think you need some sort of control- like for money people make a budget- you wouldn't just go spending tons of cash without knowing what your limits were, would you? I see calorie counting as just that- you set a budget. Budgets are never perfect but its a great way to keep control. I guess for me the bury your head in the sand deal never worked too well. I agree that its hard to be both fat and thin, one of my favorite sayings says "choose your hard."

jayo That yoga should be great for you! Enjoy your classes.

turbo Thanks for the support! Good luck at your dad's place, sounds like you are doing great and planning ahead. Also, have a great 10k!

lisa Keep us posted on how everything is going with the scale...we will be here to support you.

All right everyone I am off to get my hair done! Wahoo!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #130  
Staying the Same

Still 127. I did HIIT on the elliptical at the gym last night and almost died, but made it. Took naked pictures of myself for fun (and tears), my stomach is now pretty much just a small pooch of fat with loose skin and doesn't stick out much.

Planning a 6 hour hike tomorrow. My feet are hinting that they hurt from running so I'm begrudgingly taking a short break.

crazygurl Glad you're feeling encouraged these days, your weekend sounds like a good time coming up! Good luck with it all.

DottieMae Nice work on the loss! Are you in the UK or US? It's my understanding that UK sizing is generally 2 sizes higher than US, so if you're a UK 6 you're a US 2 etc.

TurboMammoth You're ever-shrinking! Have fun at your dad's place.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #131  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I still don't get to post here even 10% of how much I want to -- ever the lurker.

But I wanted to quickly say congrats to pixellate - 50 lbs, wow!! - and krampus, I know moving under 130 in a healthy way has been hard for you, but I think with the weighlifting this time, it is going to stick and look GREAT.

sontaikle, Weight of the Nation is definitely on my to-watch list. I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the conversation about obesity, thought. Our media is so thin-centric already, "fighting obesity" seems like more fat-shaming. We should be fighting unhealthful food, which gets people addicted as if to a disease, not the people who suffer from it.

I have been eating weirdly recently, and I feel like I am both lighter and less fit than I'd like to be. I'm not going anywhere with this comment, just putting it out there -- I haven't been on top of my game for five weeks now, since I hurt my foot running. Weigh-in was 105.5 two days ago, 103.5 today -- I think I'm losing muscle, though, so it's not good news.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #132  

137.8 this am. Wow.

I watched some of weight of the nation (it's available from the website so I watched it online) yesterday. The first one felt a little, I dunno, 'look at these obese and overweight people" but the next two were really well done. The third one focuses on weight gain in children and how incredibly difficult it is to grow up as an overweight child (as far as trying to lose that weight - not to mention the emotional aspects). Interesting look at the nutrition served in US schools as well and how incredibly ineffective our government can be. Quite shameful actually I think no matter what your party affiliation is.

Anyway, weather is gorgeous so I'm heading outside. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #133  
Staying the Same

Another Saturday, another 12 mile mountain hike. This time I didn't grotesquely overeat afterward like I did a couple weeks back. Last night was beer and wings and pizza. I drank too much (only 3-4 beers but I was wobbling all over the place) and didn't really crave the midnight pizza. It gave me weird dreams and I felt gross all day. Somehow I feel like this is a manifestation of growth and feeling healthier?

lackadaisy Glad to see you still on here! What do you mean by "eating weirdly?" Take care of yourself and your foot. I think mine is borked too; it's been hurting after the gym and hurts a LOT after being on my feet hiking all day.

DottieMae Enjoy the nice weather. I think this is the best time of the year by far!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #134  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I don't have time for personals but wanna check in!

My longtime mini-goal has been to go below 60kg, and I just hit 59.8kg. I don't think it will stick but I am thrilled nonetheless. Have to say I am a bit baffled by my weightloss. It is going kinda sorta fast. But then if you look at the averege, it isn't. But just dropping 1.8lbs in a week where I exercised only a few times and did not eat at massive deficit is weird. It's weird when you work hard and don't drop weight but it's just as weird to drop weight consistently when you are not working as hard as you should. I did not count my calories very exactly the past week, I guesstimated. I went out for dinner. I had a cook-out at home. I don't know. It's weird!

I am wondering if it's possible that even though my bodyweight has gone down my daily calories burned has gone up. Like maybe my metabolism sped up all at once? I don't know. I am eating less snacks but staying at the same deficit, could that be a reason? Oh well. I'll take it!

Last edited by philana; 05-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #135  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
...One of the bloggers talked about "Weight of the Nation" that HBO documentary (I haven't seen it) and said that two maintainers of weight loss were shown with "unhealthy eating habits." What were their unhealthy eating habits? Keeping a log of their food and counting calories. Now, I don't know to the extent that these maintainers kept their logs, but this isn't the first time that a FA blogger has categorized calorie counting as "disordered eating."...
I actually just watched this last night, and I didn't think they were "disordered" at all! They showed two women who kept journals of their meals and showed them weighing their portions in order to count calories. There was nothing abnormal about it. The only thing that I can see that might be seen as "disordered" was the emphasis on how consistent these women were.

****, if they're disordered for writing down what they ate, what am I? I plan all my meals out a week in advance!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote