Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Turbo - hahaha I'm loving your Beckham story, I'd be disappointed too! I can't believe he won't play because he doesn't like the grass, that's lame.

KDeine - welcome!! You look so great in that bikini, it looks like you've lost way more than 6 lbs.

~~~~

So I kinda of failed yesterday will my 1200 calories

B= Coffee, juice and mini muffin - 200 calories
S= Coffee and protein bar - 200
L= Salad with nuts and avocado + biscotti and tea - 600
D= Soup, toast - 300
Big bowl of ice cream - 300
Evening = glass of wine - 100

Total - 1700!! Ugh.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #62  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, ladies! I'm dropping in here to join y'all if that's ok.

I don't know what it is about summer, but I always feel so motivated this time of year. I really need to learn how to carry that motivation over into the rest of the year!
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #63  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, 128.5 again this morning. Went to a new TCBY frozen yogurt shop and had a big bowl of frozen yogurt followed by a Lindt truffle. Feeling kind of sugar-slow today. At least I went to the gym yesterday and lifted - no one ever regrets that!

It's crappy and rainy here and I think TOM is coming because I feel all bummed out and I have two pimples.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #64  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Quick overall HI to everyone. Personals late...so busy this week can't stand it. Bummed I am up to 138, but planning to stay w/in calories and not eat a bite past 6pm.
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #65  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i'm going to try to squeeze in some personals

turbo- betlated congrats on your size 7 shorts! i made a mental note to "yay" with you but have been really busy with work. i love reading your cooking stories.

sontaikle- i LOVE crab legs! i ended up having a whole steamed crab for dinner last night. i think that now i'm a little more selective with food too, like i really just want to eat things that i enjoy versus before when i would eat almost anything in front of me.

krampus- i'm so happy for you being in the 120s! i wish i had the discipline to join you, i love how you still fit in good food and yet can keep up a great figure too.

wfonseca- great job on your half!

lisaTcan- it sounds like staying in Toronto is a good decision. I'm also trying to drop my calories, but i've gotten so comfortable with eating normally.

dottiemae- i've never had a real crab cake before, and i love fries! i'm glad you enjoyed your meal, you'll bounce back in no time.

crazygurl- i have a travel scale that i bring on every trip! it just helps me stay accountable and enjoy my time. i love disneyland. we have passes and i've got tons of times! i hate disappointing weigh ins- *hugs*

KDeian- welcome!

bama girl- hi!

whew. i'm glad i found some time to catch up with you guys. i can always identify with what you guys are going through and i love having a place to talk about these issues.

ugggh, i'm still trying to recover from the weekend. it's state testing at my school the next two weeks which means us teachers are so tense. the schedule is wonky so i'm taking my lunch in two 20 minute parts at 10:30 in the morning.

so i'm adopting some low carb ideas into my lunches while still letting myself eat food. after getting as high as 138 this past weekend i'm back down to 137 and hopefully will drop phantom lbs that i gained from eating maintenance calories over the weekend.

is it weird that the up side to eating maintance calories for me is normal bowel movements? i sort of feel like the more i eat, the easier it is to go regularly. i miss that when i'm cutting calories.

however, i'm back on the wagon and trying to keep things straight.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #66  
Staying the Same

jayohwhy Recovering from weekends is tough but I think most maintainers and "normal" people (whatever that implies) let a little loose then. I poop twice a week when I eat at loss calorie levels so I totally get you! Greasy sauces tend to make me "go." I have to be careful not to get frustrated with no action for 5 days and then binge to push it out.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 133/120/120

Height: 5'2

Jayohwhy- Have you tried flaxseed to improve regularity? It's got tons of fiber and really seems to help me.
KDeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #68  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Just checkin' in here. Sorry no personals yet! Will make an effort to catch up asap.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #69  
say what?

I hate that vicious cycle where due to whatever weird reason your scale goes up and sticks there it leads to poorer eating choices and less exercise. I know it's complete BS and I've adviced many people on here to not fall into that trap. But seriously, if there's no result and you just feel UHG then it's so much harder to work hard. Oh well - tomorrow I am gonna work hard again! Eat super well and exercise. Instead of eating sorta okay and sorta no exercise.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #70  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
I hate that vicious cycle where due to whatever weird reason your scale goes up and sticks there it leads to poorer eating choices and less exercise. I know it's complete BS and I've adviced many people on here to not fall into that trap. But seriously, if there's no result and you just feel UHG then it's so much harder to work hard. Oh well - tomorrow I am gonna work hard again! Eat super well and exercise. Instead of eating sorta okay and sorta no exercise.
I can SO relate to this feeling... (eating sorta OK and sorta no exercise)
I have been in a rut and am going to SNAP out of it!!!

I am initiating a 24 hour challenge:

For the next 24 hours, going full tilt -

()water (100 ozs)
()yoga
()at least 10,000 steps
()no more than 1200 cals
()Accountability!!!

I WILL check back in (approximately) 24 hours from now (it's kind of late, but I thought of this at 12AM and it's now 1:23, so we may have to adjust a bit...) but the idea still stands.

Just 24 hours.

This is do-able.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #71  
say what?

Goodluck Alexis! You can do it!

Well after my whine last night I went to bed and woke up 1,5lbs lighter than yesterday morning. LOL. So the 2lbs from TOM are almost gone. After 9 days!!! Back on track again, if I do it like last month I can lose 4-5 lbs before may is over. And I wanna!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #72  
say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Hi everyone, 128.5 again this morning.
You are solidly out of the 130s I see! Congrats!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 170/166/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in! I lurk around these boards a lot but am trying to post more as it is great motivation. I have been hovering around 139 for a few weeks now which is probably due to my not-so-great eating! This week I am getting back on track after re-evaluating my calories/workout plan as I am about to start New Rules of Lifting for Women. Looks daunting but rewarding!

I love seeing the photos of everyone, you all look so good!
jennybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #74  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Lisa : The Beckham grass excuse is sure lame, but a few of the superstar player of the league have been using it lately. Beckham refused to play in Seattle for that reason a couple of week ago. And 1700 calories is not 1200, but still better than 2200 calories... don't give up!

bama girl : The increase motivation seems to correlate with the bikini season... hihi welcome!

krampus : Arg TOM-related pimples, I hate those. Took me years to get ride of pimples problems and it's one more reason why I hate TOM, to remember me those painful teenagers years lol

crazygurl : good luck with your crazy schedule!

jayo : i totally have that thing with bowel movement too. I'd like to be one of those person who can go to the bathroom once a day. *sigh*

philana : isn't it frustrating when we know what's going on with our bodies, but we let it gets to our heads and mess up with us? hold on, you can do that!

alexis : that's a really solid plan for the day. let us know how it turned out!

jennybee : welcome!

God this thread is buzzing right now!

I have some kind of skinny day today. I dressed up and just felt skinny. That was nice héhé.

The daily calories are maintained to 1500-1600 daily and I'm having a blast trying some new healthy recipes. Tonight I'm having ground chicken and quinoa burger (I was going for ground turkey at the start, but there was no more of it at the grocery when I looked) I even bought oven frenchi fries to treat mysefl tonight (the lowest calories/salt I found...) Oh yeah. I'm feeling WILD.

I started my intervals/sprint training in my last night run. The half marathon I'm planning to attend is in 52 days... I still did not officially subscribe to it. The distance is still stressing me out. I have a 16k run planned for this weekend : if I managed to go through this one, I think I'll finalize de subscription...
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #75  
Staying the Same

Oh man I went nuts last night at a friend's cookout and ate like half a pan of cornbread (seriously maybe 8 pieces), three bowls of chowder, pulled pork sandwich, and ice cream before bed. I felt like a bottomless pit and went to bed feeling stuffed. Woke up with some bloat but then had a HUGE bowel movement in the morning...129.5!!! I'm not in the 130s any more, Dorothy.