Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #151  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Who are these idiotic insecure people you guys know?!?!?!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #152  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohwhy View Post
---------
in my own development of asinine statements, this girl who randomly asked me for my pants size via email a few months ago decided it was fitting to tell me that my hands are too veiny!

how exactly am i supposed to fix that?
Because there is a lot of ways to take away veins from human bodies, of course.

I don't really know what are your relations with this girl but I got a quote that appeared in my mind when I red your post :

''Sometimes you just feel like hitting somebody. In the face. With a chair.''
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

jayohwhy - omg, who and why would someone say something like that. idiots.

sontaikle - man oh man. None of her business. If for some reason she thought you were unhealthy then there would have been a much better way to say so. Obviously though she doesn't have any eyes else she'd see how fit and healthy you are!

krampus - holy moly - congrats! That's quite an accomplishment!

LisaTcan - nice work! 1300 calories!

I'm feeling better today. A little bit of stress lifted as a review at work went fairly well. Now just need to make some edits and get through tomorrow. Then it's a 4 day weekend. woot!

I was up to 138.7 today. I knew I'd bounce up given that my loss was right after Bikram (and some was likely water weight). But I won't lie - I baked cupcakes last night for my son's school. I didn't eat one but I did eat a spoonful of frosting at like 11pm. I know it wasn't much but for the past 5 weeks I haven't eaten anything after 8pm. Oh and then I looked at the ingredients and was like, what is all this crap and why am I feeding it to my kid? So many things I couldn't even pronounce. If I'd had more time I'd have made the frosting myself.

I went to Tennis last night but we didn't run too much. Lots of stroke work so not sure I really burned anything. Back on track eating well today so far. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #154  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone! No time for personals...running around like a crazy woman. 136 today and cannot wait for 135. I am going to eat dinner early and drink lots of water!

Open house tomorrow and I am finishing my room...Just taking a quick break. I had to help with the 5th/6th grade "health films" today so I lost some time. I have to go teach my church choir in a bit and then lead a study and THEN I get to go home. Phew!

Hope all is well!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Krampus - 123 yay!!! That must be amazing!! My lowest adult weight is around 133.5 so I can't wait to break it. Have fun at Deathfest! My friend is also going.

Jayohwhy - people are dumb!

Turbo - I like how you're calm about water weight, it always freaks me out and it really shouldn't.

I'm feeling good, think i'll clock in about 1300 again today. I'm really crossing my fingers that I'll see the scale move tomorrow
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #156  

Ugh! I ate 1300 and worked out a few days in a row and the scale still didn't move!! I'm so frustrated. I think I lost 1/2 and inch of my waist and hips though..but still. I'm considering getting rid of the old fashioned analog scale in my bathroom and just weighting my self at the gym. It's way too disheartening for me to be weighting in every day.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #157  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

dottiemae- great job on not eating cupcakes! i really like frosting. i probably would have eating a spoonful too!

crazygurl- hi! hang in there, 135 is right around the corner!

lisatcan- *hugs*. the scale will show the movement soon. i really think it needs a few days to register what we're doing. it's okay to put the scale away too, but i've never had the self control to.

today is day 5 of trying to make an effort with my clothes and wear the beautiful heels and dresses that i own. i think it's helping my body image (i.e. starting to register that i look different now). i went to h&m last night to find a dress because i'm chaperoning the 8th grade dance today, and i found a black dress within my criteria (under $20 and with pockets). the line for the dressing room was long so i just picked up the size 4 and a size 4 t-shirt i need and paid for it without trying it on because i knew they fit.

it's so weird because to me, size 4 looks big/normal size because its what i am.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #158  

DottieMae : I don't know why, but to me frosting is like the most evil thing ever. If I eat one spoon, I'm done, I'm gonna eat like half a cup. Good restreint on keeping it to one spoon!

crazygurl : good lord you always seems so busy. I don't think I could keep up with your schedule!

lisa : I know you must be SICK of reading everyone saying that but... it will go down eventually. human bodies can be such b*tch sometimes!

jayo : you created in me some craving of dressed shopping. Bad girl! LOL

heyyyy. down to 134.8 this morning, meaning pretty much all of the freaking SIX POUNDS of water weight I was holding on too is almost all gone (thanx god)

I'm supposed to go kayaking tomorrow and run on sunday, so it's gonna be an active weekend. I just hope I can do good with the food, I'm supposed to be dining out tomorrow with my cousin... I'll need to control a bit! anyway I won't be likely to go head over heel with wine, my cousin being pregnant hihi
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #159  
Crazygurl61

Hi Everyone! 4 day weekend here and much needed. I will come back for personals but I got 135.2 today...yay!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #160  

Thanks for the support guys, I'm seriously thinking of putting away the scale for a while (like a couple of months). I would continue to eat around 1400 calories and work out but it's kinda driving me crazy.

Hope all you Americans have a nice long weekend!!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

You all look absolutely stunning.

I am a long-time member but have not been posting consistently because i had to go back to work after having a baby and I have had no time (I did lose 5 pounds just from sheer lack of time to eat, though). I am done working now and I am back to triathlon training and weightwatchers.

I was 150ish after my baby was born, and quickly dropped to 138 where I stayed for a few months. I dropped to 133 this week. I have a feeling I will be out of the 130s soon if I just keep doing what I am doing.

Krampus, it has been a while. Last I was here I think you were in Japan, no? Are you living in NYC now?
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #162  
say what?

Just a quick checking in - I am gonna be here again starting tomorrow. Been off the wagon for a week. Did not gain any weight, not for a lack of trying it might seem. LOL. I try to eat calorie concious but haven't been countng in almost 2 weeks. I need to start counting again if I wanna get to goal. LOL. Also did not exercise a lot but! I took my roadbike out for a spin today, did 21miles at 15miles an hour and I LOVED IT.

So, it's gonna be a very calorie-burning activity. And I still do my runs. And I got the new rules for lifting which I'll start with twice a week. I have decided to not eat at such a deficit anymore. I am close to goal, and I notice I am not gaining anything when I eat like way over 1400 calories so I should be fine if I step up my exercise and start eating 1700-2000 calories a day. With just 3 awesome rides a week on my bike I could burn about 2500 calories already. Add in the rest, and voila!

So yeh. Long post. But just writing it down to get myself back on track helps. Tomorrow starts calorie counting again. But mostly healthy food. Food my body needs. Lot's of protein. And meals timed around my activities.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #163  

crazygurl : hope you rest a lot during your long weekend!

lisa : putting away the scale could be a good thing. I'm thinking about doing the same thing right now...

kwinkle : hi! welcome back on the forum

philana : glad to see you back!

after going back to the 134's last friday, I'm up again this morning to 138lbs, with the tummy of a pregnant woman. the boyfriend and I had a movie date night last night, and being the most.romantic.couple.ever, it was really classy and fancy : we went out for a poutine (french fries, cheese and some kind of brown sauce, and mine had bacon and onion in it). IT WAS SO GOOD. the first time I had a poutine in like... 5 months? but it was also so salty, to hello tummy loaded with water this morning.

I think I wasn't even too much above my calories budget yesterday, after burning like 1100 calories on my 17k run. But the salt. Oh the salt.

We finally went to see The Avengers. I have this huge love of super hero movies... so I was extatic during the whole time last night lol

Hope you had a nice weekend (or still having a nice long weekend for you americans?!)
Old 05-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #164  
Crazygurl61

Turbo- you make me laugh! We had a fun couples game night last night with 2 other couples. Now I'm spending the end of the long weekend catching up on chores and odds and ends. Sounds like you had a fun time with the boyfriend.

Philana- glad to see you back, looks like the healthy habbits are paying off!

Kwinkle- hi and welcome!

Lisa- I don't have the discipline to put the scale away. Sounds like its time to shake things up!

I am almost ready to go weigh, hoping for some movement...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #165  
Crazygurl61

135! 20 lbs to go.