Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #166  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
shrinking- I'm pretty sure i hate the number 131. LOL It just haunted me. I hope you pass it this Monday and never have to see it again.
Thanks! I went down to 129 the other day, but I am sure those two pounds came back. I can just feel it, you know? Anyway, it WILL come off, it's just not coming off at the rate it was before - especially as I approach my goal.

What did YOU do to break through the dreaded 131?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #167  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Hey everyone I'm joining this thread officially since I've been at 139 for two days straight!

I'm very close to my goal I think so I'm looking forward to shedding these last few pounds with you ladies
Welcome and congrats on joining the featherweights in the 130's!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #168  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I think TOM really was to blame! i was 128.5 again today, and it was the first time I have been in the 120s two days in a row. I think it's sticking finally!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #169  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

What a successful group of ladies! Maybe some of it will rub off if I post here.

I had gotten down to 127 during the summer but after a rough few months at home and at work I'm back to the upper 130's.

I've recommitted to calorie counting and exercise(had somewhat kept up with that). Trying to run 2-3 times/week in addition to body sculpting classes and the eliptical.

This will be a tough time of year, but we can do this!!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Wow looks like most people here are almost out! Congrats. I'm at the other end at 138.5. Although I've been here forever and am already ready to get out of the 130's!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #171  
Back to Basics!

Welcome to the newbies! You'll be out of the 130s in no time!

I'll probably stay here, b/c i don't really aim to get out of the 120s.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #172  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post
Welcome and congrats on joining the featherweights in the 130's!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tiger View Post
Wow looks like most people here are almost out! Congrats. I'm at the other end at 138.5. Although I've been here forever and am already ready to get out of the 130's!
I'm at the higher end I'm 138 too. We can get lower into the 130s together!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 147/132/115

Height: 4'11"

ive been trying to get pass 131 FOREVER. ive only seen 129 a select number of times. does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #174  
Back to Basics!

Tuffany- I guess it is the dreaded 131, seems to be the "bad number" here! LOL My advice is to just stick to it. As frustrating as it is, the more I just whine and stick to my plan, it comes off eventually. Feel free tovent..that's what we are here for!

I was actually off-plan today. I count calories, so I don't eat too many things that aren't easy to count, and I stay away from high carb and high sugar. My son has been begging me to make pumpkin pancakes, so I did and I ate 1.5 of them with low-sugar syrup. No idea what that was, but it definately was not a normal breakfast for me! I think it messed up my whole day! I was just so hungry and nothing was doing the trick. We ate lunch at Panera, which is a super-rare treat, but I never have trouble restraining myself. Today...carb-licious! I've felt blah all day since and I just went for a snack and had to FORCE myself to put down the crackers before eating them. I never crave carbs, so that was SO WEIRD.
Sitting my my diet pop for the day now and committed to atleast ending the day well! EDITED to add: I just looked up everything I ate today and I'm just under 1850! I sure do feel better.

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 11-29-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
I'm not officially here until my weigh in on Friday, but I sneaked a peak at my weight (at 9pm!) and I was at 139!!
Really excited to join you guys
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #176  
Hopeful Member

136.6 this morning. Down for the first time since Thanksgiving. I did not eat last night and feel SO much better about things. Lately when I start eating at night I can't stop. I get enough calories in during the day, so anything at night is not necessary, and I tend to eat junk/quasi-junk.

Lisa, YAY on the 139!! Welcome to the 130's!!

Chickie, sounds like a pretty good day to me! When you're so used to eating very strictly any deviation probably makes it feel worse than it really was.

tiffanylee, ironic that I'm giving advice since I'm back to the mid 130's, but what got me below over the summer was really strictly counting my calories and having some very low days(1000 or so) and increasing my jogging. Not sure what plan you're on. But you're so close - don't give up. You can do this!!!

sontaikle, welcome!

Tiny Tiger, I'm with you! But just being cognizant this time of year will help. I read something in a magazine yesterday that the average weight gain is only 1 lb, between Thanksgiving and New Year's. My weight is lower than the average American, and I can EASILY gain 7-10 lbs. this time of year, so I don't know what they're talking about!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Weighed in at the same weight as last week. Ate badly last week so I'm lucky to have avoided a gain.

I cannot believe I'm 0.9 pound away from being in the 120s!!! I'm so close I can taste it.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #178  
Back to Basics!

isabella- SO CLOSE! Can I ask how you picked your goal weight of 110? We are the same height. I'm always curious.

Sonatikle- I'm revamping my goal weight based upon body fat %. If I can stay around the 20% body fat range and get to 125, that would be ideal for my frame and size. It is not "low" for my height, but if I went down to the 110s, I'd actually have to lose muscle to weight that little, which I don't want.

I had a pretty cool NSV today!!! I went shoe shopping, my now love now that I'm also a clothes horse. LOL I also wanted to get some black pants that would be nice enough for work, so I grabbed 2 pairs size 4 and 6. Right now I am wearing 2/4s in jeans, but b/c of all the vanity sizing, I figured that maybe wasn't my "real" szie. I was shopping at a very economical store, instead of my usual Ann taylor LOFT, so according to the theory of Vanity Sizing, I should have easily worn a 4 or 6. Nope! They didn't have a 2, so I kept trying on pant after pant and nothing fit. I had to go to the Juniors section!!! So then I thought, well maybe a 5 or 7. Still no! The dressing room attendant was cracking up. I ended up fitting comfortably in a size 3, with enough room so that they weren't unclassly with the fit. And my tiny jeans that I normally have to wear on non-bloated days fit so great now.

It's so hard when you don't lose very much weight anymore, so it's awesome to atleast see SOMETHING changing still.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 AM   #179  

Height: 5"1'

Some fantastic achievements going on here by everyone! I sadly feel like I've regressed terribly, and I don't even have Thanksgiving to blame.

I started working full-time from doing nothing, but I've been downright exhausted all the time. This week was extra brutal with 4AM shifts, but I'll be back to afternoon/evenings next week. I'm sure I'm burning more calories with all the heavy lifting (i'm a baker!), and moving around on my feet for hours. I think I always underestimate how much damage I can do with my eating in such a small amount of time.

I'm trying to get into heavier weight lifting - I've been putting off going to the gym for days now, but tomorrow I REALLY have to get back at it and get a good burn going, especially since my dad wants to take me out for dinner.

Weight was 137.6 this morning, which was pretty terrifying considering I was 133.8 about a week ago. I know much of it must be artificial, but I just feel super bloated lately, even with drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day.

I was curious to ask. I also track calories, and now that I'm working lots, I aim for 1500 a day. In the past, I've tried for 1300. What are the sorts of numbers that you all aim for (for those that track)?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #180  
Hopeful Member

135.2 this morning! No night eating yesterday, and I jogged 2.5 miles and did an hour of body sculpting. I love when the scale moves like this!

Fayve, I'm sure the going to full-time was a shock. I remember when I went from staying home with my son and working 20 hours a week to a full-time, demanding job with overtime. By 4 every afternoon I was exhausted. It took a few months to adjust, but you will. The shorter amount of daylight doesn't help.

Calorie-wise I aim for 1200 or so, but will go up to 1500 if I'm truly hungry. I'm finding for me a sort of intermittent fasting(trying not to eat after 4PM or so) is making a difference.
Closed Thread