Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 169/169/135

Height: 5ft 4"

Default Wii fit is pretty accurate

[QUOTE=kimmie- How accurate is your wiifit? My friend's was off by 6 pounds!
?[/QUOTE]

My Wii Fit is consistently within 1 lb of my doctors scale (regular visits with GP and rheumatologist) and is usually within a 1 1/2 of my wonky analog scale.

However I wouldn't mind it telling me 6lbs down ! lol
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi folks... I keep forgetting to weigh myself at night, but I'm at 129.4 this morning so I'm sure I'm over 130 at night still. I am working on shaving off another few pounds. While I haven't been making any scale progress, I think TOM is just around the corner, so I am really hoping to see a whoosh soon that will place me firmly into the 120s. My birthday is in a week, so that would be a great present!

Chickie, so glad you saw some scale progress. I know how frustrating it is to do the right thing day after day and keep getting disappointed. But we know if we stick with it in the long run the numbers will move!

Fayve, good luck with the shred! Exercise is so important for health and appearance.

ERHR, logging stuff is such a good idea. Just the act of logging increases the odds of success, and if you are still stalled, then you have the info you need for some brain storming. Good luck!

Places, getting back on track is what it's all about. Do that, and you will be sure to succeed!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'0

Last time i was on a scale i weighed 135, that was a month ago. I have yet to get on a scale again but when I do I hope to have lost something!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #49  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, I've been weighing in at a consistent 135lbs for a few weeks now. I'm working on the next 5lbs for my birthday. So excited! XD
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #50  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi, 130s chickies!

I am bumping up against the upper limits again (139.6 lbs yesterday - but 137.8 lbs today after one day of clean eating)

I wrote a big long post yesterday then decided not to post it. Basically I am trying not to be consumed by a scale number, but that number represents a lot, like how I am treating myself, how dedicated I am to my health and how many of my clothes actually fit. Probably only a featherweight can understand how 5 lbs can make such a huge freakin' difference.

Keeping it simple: I have a motivator. I bought a beautiful, $expensive$, pair of boots, that I will allow myself to keep, if I can get back down to my weight of ONE YEAR AGO (yes, I have been in this 130s club for an entire year +).

Last year on 11/11 I was 135.4 lbs. So if I don't see 135.4 lbs or less by 11/11/11 the boots have to go back. Now THAT'S motivating! I the boots.

That's only 2.4 lbs off today's weight, but it has been impossible to lose any weight at all in the last 3-4 months.

I plan to knock off this recent bump up by simply staying with my healthy diet plan and getting some form of exercise every day. Once I get back to my old "maintenance" weight, I will have to make more changes, I'm sure.

yoyoma, you are my current height/weight inspiration . I've been trying to get back to 129 lbs for soo long.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #51  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Emma- You can do it! I bought a great pair of boots for the 1st time this year....and skinny jeans! I never "got" skinny jeans, but with boots they totally make sense. LOL

yoyoma- That si so great!

I feel a little down, but mostly just resigned to being 133ish for awhile. I've been SO gung ho since May, and have lost so much, so quickly. I truly think my body wants to be 133, so I need to go into maintenance for awhile. Not sure how long, but I'm going to play around with my cals so that I don't gain, but I'm not going to focus on losing right now.

My body fat % is barely 20 and I'm happy in my size and shape. I DO still have the tummy pooch, but I think that is here to stay. My stomach is ripped and I have actual V-like muscles like a man....and a round pooch on top. It is SO WEIRD! I'm chalking it up to 2 kiddos and letting myself gain all the weight for 6 years.

I wish I didn't WANT to be 127 so badly. SO BADLY. But I'm afraid I'm going to get all bummed that I can't seem to lose right now, so I'm going to give my body a break for a bit. :-)
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

ChickieChicks - Wow we are like EXACTLY the same size! My body also appears to be very comfortable - not budging from - 132 lbs. I'm curious though - how do you measure your body fat percentage? Because yours is quite a bit lower than mine. My impedance scale says my body fat is 26.6% and using the US Navy equation my body measurements indicate that my body fat is 30.5%. If both of our measurements are accurate (and I know mine aren't very) you must be REALLY jacked!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,

I've been stuck betwee 135- 140 for quite awhile because I keep wandering into happy hour. I've finally figured out that it only happens when I'm out and about every day. If I take some raw veg and water with me, I don't do that. I did it last night again! Ack! My super-mini goal is to have lost something at my WW weigh-in on Thurs. I'm aiming for 135 (I'm 137 now). With clothes and shoes at the last meeting two weeks ago it was 141.

Last summer I lost 18 lbs in a 2-week water fast. I felt amazing after the first two days (it was supervised) and there was a lightness of mind in not having to go into the kitchen for anything but a glass, vitamins, and tea. So I'm taking the bull by the horns and doing that again. Planning for a week.

Part of the reason is that I met a man I'm very interested in -- he's 13 years younger!!! Maybe he had on beer goggles, and it WAS dark, or he was being polite, but he thought I was younger than him. I'm going to repeat a fast for a least a week, with a bit more exercise this time since I know how my body responds. So, I hope in 10 days (think I'll limit it to that) to join the "Get me outta the 120s thread."

How did I ever gain this much! I've been under 110 my whole life!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #54  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/111/<114

Height: 5' 3.5"

woo hoo crimsons - i love a good dating story!! So when do you see him next?
Good luck with the diet - sounds a bit extreme but i guess if it's worked for you before then you know what you're doing.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

It IS extreme -- but supervised. I'm 51, and that's no time to take chances. I'm also supposed to get blood work done for a routine physical and want to make sure that goes well. With the fast this summer, my BP went from 139/110 to 90/70, which it's usually been. Obviously I need to make some permanent lifestyle changes, but more healthy things stick every day. I don't want to be one of those midlife people on 3,000 meds.

The guy has gone to NY for two weeks, so I should be a bit smaller by then. I tend to look much younger with less flab-o-rama. Also I'm two sizes away from my beautiful wardrobe. I will NEVER let this happen again -- third 30+ gain in my lifetime.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #56  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

crimsons, that is so interesting about your fast. Please keep us updated. I have never done more than a day. I have heard that the first two days are the worst and it is much easier after that. Very intriguing. haha we are the same size right now so I will be noting your progress. You must have a tiny frame! I haven't been below 110 (except for one unhealthy dip to 107 or so) since high school. I was 113 the day I left for college and averaged around 120 in my 20s. I would say in an ideal world my body looks best at less than 120 but it doesn't appear that that is possible with my current level of dedication. If I ever get to 129 lbs I can re-evaluate then.

And yes, keep the dating stories coming!

And thanks for the encouragement, ChickieChicks! I KNOW, I discovered boots & skinny jeans, too. Unfortunately I am a pear-shape soooo I have to cover up the butt region with a long cardigan but the look is great despite my um, limitations. And WOW on the body fat, that's great! I am closer to 30%.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #57  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

ERHR- "really jacked" Love it. I have my body fat measured every couple of months by the same trainer at my Y, using calipers and calcuations. All body fat measurements can be off. I never go by what my scale says. My ripped hubby uses the same scale and it tells him he is 28% body fat. (eyeroll) I've been working out pretty hard all summer, and low-fat diet. My arms are super buff-twiggy. The rest of me is very lean looking, and my stomach is getting good. I'd put stock in being 19-22% body fat right now. I'm pretty sure I'll never see 129. Sigh. I just can't break 132.5!! AUGH! But I squeeeeeeeeezed into size 2s today, so that made me feel pretty awesome.

crimsons- Sounds like a fun adventure...we all need some romance and someone to think we are hot stuff! right? :-) The water cleanse sounds interesting. what vitamins do you take?

EmmaD- Oh, pear shapes......me, too. I have ot wear the same long cardigans, LOL! That's why I've always loved boot cut or boyfriend cut jeans. The curves fit my booty and the shape balances me out well.

I am seriously off track. I am just all over the dang place with my eating. 1440. Then 1950. then 1650. huh? I think I am totally the all or nothing personlaity type. I did 100 days of 100% OP. And now that I'm not super-strict, I'm a mess and I know that's why my weight has stalled. :-( Boo hiss.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Whoa!!!

My weight is UP 3.4 lbs this week!! Apparently I am retaining water due to being on an airplane all day yesterday. I thought I might be up a bit due to a couple of rich meals while I was out of town, maybe a pound and a half but 3.4 pounds!!! I was able to walk for an hour for 3-4 days last week to make up for increase in food/wine.

Anyone know when the water retention will go away? Just seeing those numbers seemingly sets me back about 7 weeks of effort!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #59  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/111/<114

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi kidjing - flying messes up with my weight hugely as well. I don't even bother to stand on the scales for a few days after a long flight. I reckon in a couple more days time you'll have a realistic reading.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks ange82much. This morning my weight is back down to 134. More where it should be.

Before yesterday I had never heard about water retention and flying. I know it makes you dehydrated but I thought continually drinking water before, during, and after would help with that -- just not make the water stay in your body!

I have learned my lesson about weighing in at Weight Watchers on the day after a long flight! Definitely won't be doing that in maintenance!
Closed Thread