Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Damascho, I have some really nice (too big for me now) jeans to get rid of and I'm not ready to part with them just yet. I keep thinking about the lucky gal who will get to wear some really nice brand name jeans once I can bring myself to get rid of them! Perhaps we should start a clothing swap on 3fatchicks?

My hair stylist (whom I haven't seen since early August) was gushing over how much weight I've lost and how slim my face and jaw line are at my appt. earlier today!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #77  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjng View Post
Damascho, I have some really nice (too big for me now) jeans to get rid of and I'm not ready to part with them just yet. I keep thinking about the lucky gal who will get to wear some really nice brand name jeans once I can bring myself to get rid of them! Perhaps we should start a clothing swap on 3fatchicks?

My hair stylist (whom I haven't seen since early August) was gushing over how much weight I've lost and how slim my face and jaw line are at my appt. earlier today!
That is awesome that your stylist noticed. It feels bomb-diggity (LOL) when random people get that lookof, "Whoa...she looks good!"

Ditto about the clothes. Is it wrong to feel jealous of whoever is getting a good deal on my thrice worn pants?? UGH!! I'm happy that I keep losing iszes. But not happy that I bought really nice things and now they are too big.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
That is awesome that your stylist noticed. It feels bomb-diggity (LOL) when random people get that lookof, "Whoa...she looks good!"
Yeah, earlier in the day I wasn't too excited about eating another boring salad for dinner but that was all the motivation I needed!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #79  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

i was thinking about this the other day - how do all the dieters on this forum cope with clothing themselves?

I've only had a bit to lose really but it'll be at least 2 clothing sizes from where i was to where i hope to be at christmas - i've definitely done at least one clothing size difference already. I've been here before though and most of my clothes are at my current size (the middle size), hence my motivation to start this diet to get back in to them!

When i get to my target size i want to buy a few more things, but not go nuts as i think long term i'm aiming to not go higher than where i am right now.

Anyway, so it's not a big issue for me especially, but for anyone else who's getting to sizes they've not been for a long time it must be a nightmare to have to keep buying more stuff (unless you've got loads of money lol!)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #80  
Back to Basics!

ange- You summed it up...nightmare!!! I started out at a tight 14 and now wear a 2/4. I wore my 14s until I could fit into 10s. I thought I'd be there for a while, so I bought a few pairs of capris/shorts, etc. Next month I was an 8. I didn't want to keep buying full-price, so I shopped Goodwill, friends' closets and Wal-Mart...looking for stuff just to hold me over. When I got to a 6, I thought, "Hot dang! There is no way I'll ever be smaller than a six!" So I bought almost a whole wardrobe in that size.

Sigh...totally my fault! I took back anything that still had tags, but I am now the proud owner of several pairs of $50 jeans that have been worn 3-4 times. I've always only donated to Goodwill, but i feel that this time it is okay to try to sell them online or something. I can't just throw money away, which is EXACTLY what it feels like I am doing. When I hit a 4, I thought, "Surely, SURELY, i will never be a 2!" And yet I just bought some.

I still want to lose 5 pounds, so I just have no idea where I'll be. Still in the 2/4 range, I bet. I bought some M fall-weather shirts over the summer, and now regret that, too. It is almost unfathomable to picture yourself jumping so many sizes, but i did in less than 6 months. Don't even get me started on bras....Victoria Secret must think I am a sucker buying such nice bras and then turning around and doing it all over again.

BUT....I feel great now and like the way I look, so I don't WANT to wear ill-fitting clothes. Hubby thankfully understands and if I do get smaller than I am now, then I 'll just keep adjusting.

PS. I just put up my GOAL pics! I passed 133, which was my original goal. Link is in my siggy.

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 10-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #81  
learning maintenance

chickiechicks - i checked out your photos - you look FANTASTIC!!!!! Well done to you girl!!

Yes, we had a friend that lost loads of weight but didn't want to buy new clothes and he looked shocking in his old stuff. I never understood that he wouldn't want to fit his new shape better (and he did have plenty of money!)

He's moved interstate now and we've not seen him for a year or so, so not sure what he's like now!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi folks... I seem to be out of the 130s (at least for now) but thought I'd check in. I am still struggling with transitioning to a maintenance mode. You'd think it would be easier than losing weight, but for me, it's harder to master.

Congrats on the stylist NSV, kidjing! That must have felt great.

On the clothes issue, last night I bought 2 pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda-cut jeans (on sale, and using up some Kohl's bucks). I fell in love with the Amanda (apple-shaped friendly) and they continue to flatter me even at my current size (we Golden ladies tend to keep some tummy pudge). But now I am tearing my hair out because it is really hard to find any that are a small enough. I bought both pairs of size 4 (average length) that they had in stock. I can't find a single online store that sells them in colors in size 4 (average length). The real problem is that I plan on dropping another couple pounds, and I haven't seen a single pair in size 2. How annoying! Other pants just aren't as flattering for us reduced apples.

I guess if I do drop another size I will have to find another flattering brand. Any suggestions?

Last edited by yoyoma; 10-28-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #83  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
... I am tearing my hair out because it is really hard to find any that are a small enough. I bought both pairs of size 4 (average length) that they had in stock.

I guess if I do drop another size I will have to find another flattering brand. Any suggestions?
Did you try the Kohl's Kiosk? It is in the store. If they do not have your size/color in stock at the store, you can order it through the kiosk. All your coupons/discounts will still apply, though you might have to get a clerk to assist you to enter the codes correctly. If you order through the Kohl's Kiosk in the store, you don't pay a shipping fee. They send it to your home.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #84  

Chickie -- you look amazing! So sexy! Thanks for sharing your pics.

I feel the same way about you with my "heavier" pics. I don't have many either. I would never let anyone photograph me from the waist down and if there were ever any pictures where I could see too many chins or stomach pieces -- deleted!

Oh, and the clothes! I have three bags ready to be donated and another couple of piles I just can't bring myself to get rid of yet. I've had several nicer pairs of trousers worth keeping taken in and the cost there has been worth it. I still have a couple of skirts to be taken in too. I am looking forward to shopping the holiday sales this year! I can't bring myself to spend full price on anything! I was able to pick up some things for low prices throughout the summer at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Right before I decided once and for all to LOSE WEIGHT I had done a lot of shopping for size 12 pants and some Large tops/sweaters all of which I can swim in now. In August I was able to buy 4 bras at a JC Penney sale and now I think the band sizing is a bit big so I've been using the inner most hooks to fasten them. I'm not buying more bras until I reach my goal so hopefully that will be in the next couple of weeks.

I'm trying not to think about the money and focus on health and confidence which are priceless.

Yoyoma -- congrats on getting below 130!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #85  
Back to Basics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjng View Post
I'm trying not to think about the money and focus on health and confidence which are priceless.
Absolutely!!! My hubby is so supportive, and he is the one that keeps reminding me of this. Clothing will come and go anyway with styles and wear, but your health will last a lifetime! (I hope!) I, too, bought a ton of stuff right before deciding to lose weight for real. I wonder if subconsciously it made us think about what size we were buying and our unhappiness with that size? I didn't wear a bathing suit since 2005, and I found the PERFECT one last Spring. It was so stinkin' cute and I felt cute even at my bigger size. I was heartbroken when that baby got too big. LOL I even tried buying it in a smaller size, but it just didn't fit the same way.

Thanks for the kind words! It feels good to be knocking out vanity pounds now.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 183/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday everyone!
I did not see how much I weighed today. I was pretty glutonous last night. I drank beer and ate two pieces of homemade taco pizza. We also visited the frozen yogurt shop. UGH! Yesterday, I weighed 136.8. I'm sort of mad at myself, but then again, I have to live a little. I had another piece of taco pizza for breakfast with my coffee. My husband and I had to go shopping for a pantsuit for me! I am interviewing for the college of Pharmacy on Thursday. I told the lady at Macy's that I wasn't sure if I needed a six or an eight. Well, when I put on the size six, they almost fell off! It turns out I am a pretty loose/comfortable size FOUR! Gosh, that is so awesome to me. I am not going to weigh myself again until Thursday. It would be perfect to be 135 on my big interview day to add to my confidence, but we'll see! Take care everyone!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 145/144/115

Height: 5'3

I'm definitely a member of this club! Every time I start to see 129 and lower, I start to get comfortable. And lose it. Or rather gain it.

Wouldn't mind bidding the 130s farewell. Forever.

Last edited by Nelia; 10-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #88  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

135 as of this morning. Slowly but surely, it is happening.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 10-29-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #89  
learning maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelia View Post
I'm definitely a member of this club! Every time I start to see 129 and lower, I start to get comfortable. And lose it. Or rather gain it.

Wouldn't mind bidding the 130s farewell. Forever.
Nelia - you're in Cambodia! How exciting! I was there on a bicycle holiday a few months ago and had a couple of nights in Pnomn Penn. I really enjoyed the country and we had a great hol. How long have you been there? Do you like it?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 145/144/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
Nelia - you're in Cambodia! How exciting! I was there on a bicycle holiday a few months ago and had a couple of nights in Pnomn Penn. I really enjoyed the country and we had a great hol. How long have you been there? Do you like it?
@ange82much : Full-time, just over a year. Back and forth, for three. And I love it. But I could do with a little more "developed" to balance my "developing" country experience.

Where did you cycle in Cambodia and for how long? (Laughing!) Given our traffic, that must have been exciting! And you're from Australia? Lovely! I've only made it as far as Melbourne and am keen to return! How long have you lived in Sydney?

By the way, your weight-o-meter is an (almost) exact duplicate of my own weight loss goals. How long have you been on the wagon and what's been your technique for success?
Closed Thread