Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well Robsia ... congratulations! I'd celebrate too!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/153.8/121

Height: 5´1"

Congratulations Robsia!!! That must really be thrilling to get engaged that way.. You're lucky!!

I've planned to join a gym this month but then I thought its good to run/walk for one month till the start of winter and then join. I try to walk 1 hour daily and its a great change to my normal routine, sitting all day in front of system or reading. But now that my classes started and a bit busy and energetic too. The wonderful thing is I get inspired by all of you from 3FC and find a way or another to move a little myself!! Thanks to all of you for posting your success stories and motivating people like me over here. I just love going through all those..

But the strange thing is that I have started my dieting and exercise 2-3 weeks back and all I could manage to lose is just 2.6lbs. Is it normal? Or should I consume more protein and do a little bit more exercise?

Please help me!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #18  

Good morning!

Sure 2.6 lbs is just fine! I'm not sure if I'd tweak anything just yet. But if you feel that you want to up the ante ... just try for better food quality and put a little more oomph in your walk/run. There's no need to make huge changes if what you are doing is working. And it is!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #19  

Thanks Susan.. Yea I've changed to a more veggie diet from Sunday. I don't see any changes yet though..
Old 09-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Robsia -- congrats on your engagement! beautiful ring!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Featherweights -- not much new with me... just wanted to check in and say "hi!"

My weight has been stable for the past two weeks, not much up or down. So I've decided to increase my cardio. I see A LOT of you are runners! I've been posting in the Exercise thread, doing the Couch to 5K and planning to run a 5K mid-October, a first for me! Hope this increased cardio will lead to a few less pounds LOL!

BUT I'm going out of town this weekend (tomorrow actually). Hoping this doesn't throw me off -- but I will have access to a pool!!! So I'm excited to get some swimming in which is a treat for me.

Last edited by jayjay77; 09-09-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekshmiprasanth View Post

But the strange thing is that I have started my dieting and exercise 2-3 weeks back and all I could manage to lose is just 2.6lbs. Is it normal? Or should I consume more protein and do a little bit more exercise?

Please help me!!
2.6lbs in 2-3 weeks is 1lb/week, which is really good... My recommendation would be to consume more veggies not more protein and intensify your walks, do more hills, walk faster etc...

Food has been good this week so far, exercise too...

Oh, my and CONGRATS Robsia on your engagement!!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Hey Ladies!

Robsia - Congratulations. I gained 2 pounds when I got engaged too. It is well worth it! Again Congrats and what a pretty ring

Well for me ladies I am still trucking along. Tyring to get back on my regular schedule after being off for 4 days for holiday. It is time for me to start looking for wedding dresses and to prepare for my cruise in the end of October. I am in the BL challenge so that will keep me straight. I had a great labor day weekend at the Drag races and now my DF wants to be a race car driver...*smh* I am WI tomorrow just not at WW. I will be doing that at home TY very much....LOL
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Robsia! Your ring is beautiful!

For me, I have actually had a pretty good day. Ate pretty well - I actually made stuffed peppers with ground turkey for dinner - they were soooo good! And then I did Jillian Michaels Quick:NoMoreTroubleZone workout which, as always true with JM, she kicked my butt! I probably won't be able to move tomorrow. I was going to do the full version but my DH suggested that since the last 20 minute JM workout put me down for a day and a half, that unless I want to be down for a week, I may want to stick to the shorter videos for now! I think he was right! I don't know if I could have made it much longer - I was dying at the end!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #25  

@Ilene - Okay, Now I am having a more veggie diet.. But just one hour walk. I'll try to mix a bit of jogging too. I couldn't jog continually, was getting tired so soon. But I am not going to drop this new habit like that. Hope that will work again.

I didn't lose much this week, just 0.4lb But I already feel so good with the good food and the walk. I am more fresh all day.

Thank you everyone!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekshmiprasanth View Post
@Ilene - Okay, Now I am having a more veggie diet.. But just one hour walk. I'll try to mix a bit of jogging too. I couldn't jog continually, was getting tired so soon. But I am not going to drop this new habit like that. Hope that will work again.
One hour daily walk is wonderful along with mixing a bit of jogging, jogging continually takes time and practice, baby steps first so do some walk/jog intervals instead. And definitely don't drop your new lifestyle, after all it is a LIFEstyle ... Losing .4 of a lb / week is excellent, all those .4s add up quickly after all there are 52 weeks in a year
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #27  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

If you want to get into jogging/running - have a look at the c25k programme:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I went from a complete non-runner to running 10Ks and I'm training for a marathon now!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #28  

Good morning!

I'm going to fess up and change that thing over there <<<<<. I didn't do very well with some family stress the last month or so. However ... I am going to the elliptical right now!

ETA ... I've set up my account at fitday again. The whole shebang ... weight, measurements ... I simple must have the accountability of calorie tracking.

Last edited by srmb60; 09-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Today is day one of "Getting it Together". I am pretty well so far have written everything down.

Susan - Maybe I should take measurements as well.

Do you ladies weight train? If so how often?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #30  

Weights? Yes!

Right now, they are not firmly in my plan. I have done a four day split each week but I think I'm going to try an upper and lower split. I'm pretty sure that I can squeeze in two bouts a week.
What were you thinking Ashlan?

Oh yes, do take measurments! When the scale is not reflecting your hard work, a half inch here and there can be a huge boost.
Closed Thread