Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #76  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Well I'll try this again! I haven't posted in a while but I tried a few days ago but it didn't "take!"

I had a great time on 4th of July but my eating & drinking were not good! I don't know why I do that and I just feel so full and BLECH I got right back on the the healthy eating wagon though so that is good. I've also been doing my exercise every day.

I went to Chicago last week and did more eating and drinking than usual but managed to keep that pretty well under control and maintained so I was happy with that.

Allison-have a great time in Hawaii. Hot enough at home for you?!!! I've been spending alot of time out in our pool but I'm sure we're not as hot as you.

Susan-there is NO reason to go without ativan when you go to the dentist! I don't even know what it is but I'm guessing it's to calm you and as a psycho freaked out person when I go to the dentist I will be looking into that!

Dagmar-I loved your line about your hubby helping out with chores instead of cheering you on!!! Aint that the truth. I also loved when you were signing off "pie free!"

Ok, hope everyone is doing well. I've been trying to go back and read everything. Talk to you all later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #77  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Greatly appreciating abbyin, Illene and Dagmar tugging me along with them (go, go, go) , I am down a second pound on second morning of 7. (These are still above-ticker numbers so never REALLY existed.) Nice to be so predictable. I'll stagnate a bit now and then lose a few again before the 7 days are up. Then I'll allow myself some "off" days and start again. July RULES!

Good luck on Monday weigh-in, steibena

Glad you were finally able to post, Jane. I have a lot of glitches when I try to travel through this site.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Words of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
And remember that the good things you do are your doing too. If you're going to take responsibility ... take the blame but take the credit too.
So true Susan B. The front of my fridge is getting filled with all sorts of inspirational stuff - thanks to all for being here!

Dagmar (pie free expect for the Mudpie - my kitty)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #79  

Red face Finally had my AHA moment

[QUOTE=Clykk;1762249]I was reflecting back on the satisfaction of eating the cheese and crackers and chocolate chip cookies and I find it interesting to note that the satisfaction level is not nearly as high as when I eat OP. Matter of fact, especially with the cookies, there was little to no satisfaction! I was even looking for that feeling when I was eating them, but it didn't come. It felt more like emptiness feeding emptiness, which amounts to more emptiness. If I were real honest, I am aware now that I have been fighting this fight of trying to find the satisfaction in junk food for the past 20 years or more. And honestly, junk food doesn't deliver!QUOTE]

I finally started feeling just the way you describe yesterday. Been waiting 35 (?) years for that. Seems like such a long time for the lightbulb to go on but it happens when it happens.

The emptiness isn't filled with alcohol (my former favourite), TV, junk food, or any of the things we use for emotional pain. It's filled by reaching out to other people going through the same thing. Used to be 12 step groups, weight watchers, etc.

And now we have 3fatchicksonadiet.com. What a marvelous world we live in now! I'm so glad to have all of you with me on this journey.

Dagmar
Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone

Back on plan today and still 1 lb. down this morning . I actually changed my ticker (back) today. My boss was in the office all day today so I didn't get a chance to check in earlier. I sure hope I can maintain my July plan through the weekend. This is the longest time staying on plan for me in quite a while. DH is out of town until Monday, so at least I don't have to worry about him wanting to eat out.

SusanB- Hope you don't get that bad cold I had about a month ago. It was terrible and lasted a long time. Hope you feel better soon.

Allison - Have a great time in Hawaii. I've never been there but it is a place I hope to visit in my lifetime. Enjoy!

Carolyn - Your doing great! Keep up the good work.

Whittlin and Dagmar - Congratulations on your weight loss. We will get there by the end of July. Keep on hanging tough.

Ilene - I'm sure that pound is gonna fall off any time now. How could it not? You've been doing great! We're gonna get there

Anyway, I'll probably check back later. I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I am a "Big Brother" fan and I have the live feed so I think I will check in on the house guest for a while. DH hates when I do that but, heh, he's not here

Everyone have a great evening!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Thanks everyone. I do feel better this evening. I'm sick of blowing my nose but there isn't much else to complain about.

I'm with Dagmar, we are very fortunate nowadays to have support groups etc. I just read a post about frequency of posting wrt success. I wonder if the original 3FC's have any stats on that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:49 AM   #82  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

So far only two chocolate covered espress beans tonight. I can still hear them calling but I will be strong! And hey, only 6 more hours until I get to eat breakfast! I swear, every night I go to bed looking forward to breakfast in the morning.

Mudpie--Oh how I miss the smell of rain in the summertime! The fact that it never rains in CA in the summer is very nice in terms of planning outdoor activities, but I still miss summer showers, especially that smell and the thunder and lightening that came with them.

SusanB--sorry to hear that you have a cold. I am so with you on the pox on people who walk around with colds. If you're sick... STAY HOME (and if you do have to go out, try not breathe or touch anything)!

Clykk--you are so right about off-plan eating not being satisfying. There's so much angst involved in off-plan eating for me that lately I'd rather just stay on plan (except for those pesky chocolate covered espresso beans, which do taste very good).

Michelin and alinnell--I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble with inside-out contacts. The assistant at my eye doctor could tell the difference in a second and seemed surprised that I could not see any difference. I had her hold up one right side out and one inside out side by side and I still couldn't see any difference. Mine do sometimes come out of the package inside out (or folded in half, or torn--I wear dailies and they seem to be a little fragile), but you're right Alinnell, I can tell as soon as I put them in that something is wrong.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #83  

Talking We're all OP!

[QUOTE=abbyin;1763064]I sure hope I can maintain my July plan through the weekend. This is the longest time staying on plan for me in quite a while. DH is out of town until Monday, so at least I don't have to worry about him wanting to eat out.[QUOTE]

You can do it if I can . I'm also OP for 5 (!) days now - today will be 6 - the longest in a long, long time. My DH is also away - going "out with the boys" this weekend for BS, BBQ, beers and hangover.

I'm going to check in to the group a couple of times this evening when I'm feeling kinda bored/lonely, because if I go "out with the girls" I know eating and drinking will occur.

That's the nice thing about having support online - no calories!

Dagmar (SPF - still pie free )
Old 07-07-2007, 06:58 AM   #84  

Morning! I got called back for 4 hours. I promise I will keep a bottle of hand cleaner on my cart and wear a mask where necessary.
BTW ... will not be wearing contacts to work any mornings very soon. That winking smilie is very appropriate
Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #85  

Thumbs up weigh in #2

139.4 lbs.

Still OP despite the weekend starting last night. Tried a Weight Watchers carrot cake - YUCK! Threw the other 5 out - I'll stick with cherries!

Dagmar (SPF)
Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #86  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default 2-8

Sat the 7th.

Still on the diet and doing pretty well. Appetite has come back somewhat. Began doing resistance training and every day. Obvious by the way my clothes are fitting and what i see in the mirror that i'm losing inches...but the numbers on the scale refuse to budge.

So...what info am i missing? Do you have to lose a certain amount of inches before you see the scale move again? i'm drinking lots of water, doing what i'm supposed to, and frankly starting to get a bit annoyed. Someone here said that anything less than a month isn't a plateau. But i'm confused. If the inches are going down, shouldn't the scale show that? i'm not one who retains water easily and i've been sweating outdoors. What's going on?
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #87  

Height: 5'2"

thinnythighs - don't focus on the number on the scale, focus on how your body looks, and feels when you wear clothes! that's the most important. i bet you're looking great.

as for me..
i think i'm going to cry right now. my mom's trainer asked me if i ate a little bit of something in the morning before exercising, and i said no. he said that i should because if i don't, it slows down my metabolism, and makes it harder and slower to lose weight.

great. thanks. i've been on this weight loss journey for a month and a half, asked for your tips and advice, and you tell me this NOW? ugh. ugh. ugh. i could've lost more weight if i had eaten something before my morning cardio a month and a half ago? i could've been closer to my goal. i feel like i've been killing myself for a month and half, and only lost a few pounds. i just feel so depressed now. i feel like i just, ugh, suck. sorry. really needed to get that out.
_____
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #88  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Good Morning Losers! (I mean that in the scale-way!)

Hmm, how did I do yesterday? My initial response is I didn't do well, which is true, but I did more well, then not well, so I guess the answer is I did "well" yesterday.

I went off plan around 7:30 PM when dinner was still not on the table, because my DH had an emotional meltdown! Poor guy! So, with that I went off plan by having a chicken burger (off plan, because on the Fit For Life plan you are not to combine proteins and carbs in a meal). I did manage to have some carrots for my vegetable, but I washed the burger down with a Brown Cow. (Still have Kahlua and Baileys hanging around. The only alcohol that is left in the house.). And then I had Butterscotch pudding and whipped cream. Ah, but such is life. I feel very Zen about it all, which is my highest goal: Peace of Mind! I also went swimming with my DS. Chasing him underwater for an hour is a great workout! Then we biked to his swim lesson a mere hour later.

So, yes, I did "well" yesterday.

Didn't get around to making the Harvest Soup I wanted to make. That would have been my salvation, I think, when my DH had a meltdown and I had to take over making dinner. Maybe I'll find time to make it today.

Mudpie, Whittlin & abbyin, CONGRATS!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #89  

Good afternoon! I am pretty happy today!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #90  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

You know what I've noticed? I've noticed that when I let myself get really hungry (and I don't have anything to distract myself with, like work) I start getting grumpy about how slow the process of weight loss is lol. Usually I am a patient person, but being hungry makes me so grumpy! Generally I try not to let myself get to the point of being starving, because then I eat bad things, but since I'm not cooking for myself this weekend (at BF's parents house) I have to wait until they cook...lunch is supposed to be at two. At work I get really hungry because I work in a lab, so I can't have snacks since we're not allowed to eat in the lab. BUT, since I make my lunch every day, I have only healthy options when I finally do get to eat
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote