Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning and Chat July 2nd - 8th

Happy National Holiday week!

It's cool and dreary here today. We're not having our family do until tomorrow. So I'm kind of at loose ends. I guess that's as good a time as any to plan the week.

Are you celebrating? Can you be vigilant? Or are you planning an indulgence? Maybe your celebrations include something physical? a family hike? volleyball? badminton?

Something happened to the plug of my alarm clock. It's flashing 12:00. Maybe it's a sign that I should set it for a little earlier so I can walk before work.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Done sulking - back OP

I'm back OP for this coming week. Decided to celebrate Canada Day by starting my diet up today. DH bought a pie this afternoon but he's diving into it alone - I already know I can't have just one piece. I have fresh cherries ready to go when he carves up that temptation. Then we are going to the fireworks display and we went for a two hour walk in a local conservation area today already. No celebratory alcohol for me either (and again DH has scotch, wine, and beer - is there a song in there somewhere?)

I looked at fitday (thanks to all who gave me the link) but I think I'm going to stick with my notebook - much easier and portable too!

What I have been doing isn't working so I'm also making a change to the weigh-in day. I left it 'til Tuesday and then cheated all weekend. Now I'm going to weigh in on Friday and try to keep that weight all weekend - will weigh in Sat. and Sun too and then take an average to post.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Pretty quiet Canada Day here... DH is on call so we stay close to home when he is... Not that I could not go to the festivities without him, but I just don't feel like it... It's cold and dreary here...

Food has been good and exercise was good today too...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Well as I saw in the thread last week, SusanB I will just say "Good Morning (or Evening)", which ever applies when your not doing so well with staying on plan and wish all our friends to our north a happy Canada Day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It's Arugula Week at our house! The arugula is so out of control I'm worried it is going to eat us instead of the other way around. So tonight we are having pasta tossed with arugula and turkey sausage with a side salad of arugula. Later this week we'll be having chicken sausage over wilted arugula and fennel. And with every dinner that isn't a salad, we'll be have a side salad of arugula. If I could figure out a way to work it into breakfast, I would.

I have a night out with the girls tomorrow (pedicures and dinner), but otherwise should be on plan for the rest of the week. We are going to an A's game on the 4th, but we always bring our own food (probably a half sandwich from Panera for me) so no worries there.

Our weather hasn't been so great this summer either. It's at least sunny but it's been chilly. Mid 70's during the day and still dropping to 50 at night. It's really damaging my melon crop! If we don't get some hot weather soon, there aren't going to be any melons this fall! The cucumbers aren't doing to great either. Oh well, at least we'll have beans and tomatoes (and arugula ).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Barb: Yum...fresh garden stuff. I wish I liked to garden...just love to eat it, not weed it.

Somehow managed to keep my weight down over the wkend. I'm getting a treadmill Tuesday...pretty excited about it. It has a calorie burning program in it which I'm hoping will be a good motivator! My hubby got a antique car and is going to be buying parts, etc for it...everytime he wants to make a major purchase, he feels guilty. He wants me to get "something" for myself whenever he does...I obliged with a treadmill Works for me! I'm beginning to like the car more and more!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

michelin--I'm the same way; I love to eat the stuff from the garden but I hate the actual gardening. Everytime I'm out there planting, I'm constanting muttering about how much I hate it. I know some people find it therapeutic, but I just find it hard. I'd much rather get my exercise in the gym. Luckily my SO doesn't seem to mind as much, because he takes care of most of it (and we use a lot of mulch so we don't get many weeds). My only job is to plant the vegetable garden and harvest. And even with just that, there are definitely days when I think I would be a lot happier just buying all our produce from the farmers' market.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Well, I'm off to work first and then all the kids are home. Since I'm doing all the food, it's good stuff. I just have to remember to eat a reasonable amount of it.

That's right Abby, just stick with us.
Dagmar, you do whatever works. Just know that we're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Red face Fie to the pie!

It sat there for hours on the counter - an apple streusel pie fresh from a farm just north of the city. Then DH started eating it. He cut a piece and offered me one. Then another, then another. I finally broke down and had one piece - a big piece . My brain tried to tell me I was saving him from himself but I know better - I wanted that piece of pie.

DH ate the rest of one whole big pie . I think the 6 lbs. he's lost on his diet will mostly be back today. And then he'll proceed to lose it again during the next two weeks.

We can't seem to sustain any kind of permanent program. The weight comes off and goes right back on. I have to figure out a way to stop the pies coming in without having huge fights all the time (we both tend to stress eat and this will only add to it).

DH seems to have no willpower to stay with a program and I'm pretty easily coerced. Maybe hypnosis - I'm actually seriously starting to consider this as all of the conventional stuff is just not working.

Dagmar (pie free for today)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #10  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default july 2-8

Dat-da-da-daaaa!!! Mini goal reached!!! i know it's only a minor goal, but as of today i have hit my 10 lb weight loss. Man, i thought i'd never get here. Whew!! Of course, this is no time to start getting complacent or slacking off. Still have 30 lbs to go, 1 lb at a time.

BMI: 25.0

Last edited by thinnythighs; 07-02-2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: add on
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #11  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Lifestyle change

Congratulations thinnythighs!!! What is your reward? What are you buying for yourself? I hear that is important to do. It may seem like a mini-goal is not a big deal, but it is. So, get yourself a gift now, you hear?

Canada Day went well for me. I made an awesome curry rice and vegetable dish with a curried corn salad. Yum! Yum! And I stuck with having a fruit shake after dinner to keep me on track. It worked. I have to admit I toyed with the idea of an alcoholic drink, but I persevered with my plan.

We (my husband and I) don't have beer or wine in the house right now and we miss it at dinner time. But we don't plan on going out and getting it. If it ain't there, we won't drink it. That seems to work wonders on keeping us somewhat on track. Unfortunately, we still have Bailey's and Kahlua hanging around. Such sweet fattening opportunities! But I tell myself, that the fruit shake is just as sweet. It's true. And so far that is working.

My goal for the week is to stay on track with my desired Lifestlye Change.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #12  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good afternoon, or morning.

No national holiday for me here (although it'll happen onthe 14th, but I likely won't do anything with the family). It's probably a blessing. The weather since the middle of June has been so rainy and generally crappy that it'd probably be a week-end spent locked inside watching the rain fall. Not very entertaining.

I'm a little worried regarding food this week. I'll be moving out on Thursday, and I have to unplug my fridge the day before; I'll have to do with all kinds of remains until then, and I don't dare buy anything in terms of food in fear of having to throw some of it away. So I guess I'll be eating a lot of chicken and tofu in order to at least salvage what I still have--that, and cans of green beans. Ah, being a student and always on the move is funny sometimes.

On the other hand, I finally got a bike, which means more cardio to simply go to work 3x a week.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Happy Canada Day to the Canadians on the thread!

I hope everyone has a great week staying on plan... I'm going to try to do the same and drop a lb. or two. DH has agreed to go biking with me today, so that will be fun. We're having gorgeous weather here.

Does the weekly thread always start the day before the week actually starts? I often seem to post on the last day of the thread, but then I see that it has switched to the new week a day early. Just wondering...I confuse easily.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #14  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey, everybody, carrying a message we might miss - Canadian Mom posted in the previous thread just now that her little girl has broken her arm! Oh dear, best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Barbara~bring your melons out here--it is supposed to hit 120 on the 4th. And it is supposed to get humid. Double yuck!

Canadianmom~good luck with DD's fracture. Been there done that myself (my DD has broken her wrist and ankle in the past) Not fun.

thinnythighs~congrats!

Gotta run. Busy day at work and a short day, too. Going to watch the field show that DD will be performing in China. They'll be on national TV broadcast to BILLIONS!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote