Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies!

Well I made a promise to myself this morning that I am going to get down to my goal weight of 140 by the end of July if it kills me . I have been fooling around for 8 months now and haven't even lost my initial 15 lbs. that I set out to lose. And, that is not even my true goal. That is just a mini goal. So it's time to get serious now.

Today is going well so far. Had a good breakfast and lunch and walked at the mall on my lunch hour. I almost cheated at lunch in that I almost talked myself out of going to the mall to walk but then I told myself that if I keep doing the same thing I always do than I will keep getting the same result. So I walked and I felt better afterwards.

I hope everyone has a great week!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

sorry I forgot we start a new thread each week I am soo tired fromthis weekend I wasn't thinking.

Yeah DD1 broke her arm just missing the growth plate we have to go to the fracture clinic every week to have it checked and xrayed to make sure it is healing ok and doesn't need surgery. She has a hyperextension so she will not lose any motion in her arm actually her hyperextension is so bad that the doc says she will still have some extesion left so she will be good to go if she breaks it again...lol She didn't think it was funny whent he said that.

Thanks she appreciates everyones words.

forgot to mention I lost 2 pounds this week i hope it satys lost lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #18  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Dagmar--maybe you need to ask your DH to get more territorial about his food and to stop offering it to you! I buy pastries and Indian food and all sorts of stuff for my SO that I can't eat and it sits around until he eats it, which sometimes takes a long time, and it is never a problem for me. I think of it the way I used to think of my co-worker's lunches in the fridge at work. No matter how tempting their lunch was, I would never have dreamed of eating it. It just isn't socially acceptable to eat someone else's food at work. I just apply the same principal to my SO's food; it's like it doesn't exist for me. He doesn't eat my food and I don't eat his. But it helps that he isn't pushing it on me; he gets a little snippy sometimes if I even ask for a bite.

Maybe you could get your DH to buy pies and things in smaller sizes, just enough for him. That might help you ignore it and it wouldn't be hanging around as long. Most of the stuff I buy for my SO (including pies) are in single person sizes.

alinnell-120! Wow! That might be too hot even for the melons! I'd have to be out there with a watering can!

Clykk-I wish someone would come up with a calorie free alcohol! Seriously, how can this be rocket science? We can put a man on the moon and have calorie-free soda; why can't we have calorie-free wine?

Thinnythighs-congratulations on your mini-goal!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #19  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default 2nd-8th

Clykk- i get to buy one new article of clothing for every 5 lbs lost. Got a new dress this morning.

Bluetoblue- thank you!!!

10 more pounds and i'll be halfway to goal!!! just gotta keep

Last edited by thinnythighs; 07-02-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: change
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post

Clykk-I wish someone would come up with a calorie free alcohol! Seriously, how can this be rocket science? We can put a man on the moon and have calorie-free soda; why can't we have calorie-free wine?
Amen to that!! Someone needs to get working on it!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Acronyms

NSV stands for what please? I did find a bunch of acronyms somewhere on site last week but can't find them now.
Thanks,
Dagmar (still pie free)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

NSV=Non Scale Victory (like inches lost, but not weight or being able to fit into a smaller size without losing weight)

WTG (way to go!!!) on being pie free!!!

Other acronyms: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83585
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
Good afternoon ladies!

Well I made a promise to myself this morning that I am going to get down to my goal weight of 140 by the end of July if it kills me . I have been fooling around for 8 months now and haven't even lost my initial 15 lbs. that I set out to lose. And, that is not even my true goal. That is just a mini goal. So it's time to get serious now.

Today is going well so far. Had a good breakfast and lunch and walked at the mall on my lunch hour. I almost cheated at lunch in that I almost talked myself out of going to the mall to walk but then I told myself that if I keep doing the same thing I always do than I will keep getting the same result. So I walked and I felt better afterwards.

I hope everyone has a great week!
ME TOO!! I promised myself that I would lose at least 5#... I'm so sick and tired of yo-yoing!!!! I took measurements this morning and I'm the same as I was July 06, or pretty darn close but UP since January 06, yes that's 2006!! So I haven't done much in the last year except yo-yo...

I'm going to keep repeating that mantra: I told myself that if I keep doing the same thing I always do than I will keep getting the same result. SOOO sooooo true!!!

I love my wine too ... but it isn't that one glass that is keeping me from my goal... It's sometimes the stuff I eat along with it plus other things the rest of the day...

thinnythighs - Congrats on the new dress

canadian mom -- 2# keep it up!!! about the broken arm poor thing....

Kery - Congrats on the new bike, I love my bike... I'm just back from a 20k ride

Clikk -- Let's ALLL stay on track with our healthy lifestyles this week

Well I'm off to do some laundry ... TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Morning! We had a lovely grilled dinner last night. The only exercise I did was wagging my chin.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies

I had a great OP day yesterday and I'm hoping to put another one together today. I already have all my food planned out for the day and only have to work a half day today, so I plan to get a little exercise in this afternoon.

Ilene, I keep saying that mantra too. Like this morning when I got up, I was thinking about my food plan for the day. I started thinking that, "Oh well, it's a holiday the next couple of days so maybe I'll just eat whatever I want". Well that kind of thinking is why I keep getting no results.

Uh-Oh, better go - Boss just walked in. I'll check in later from home.

Everyone have a great on plan day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #26  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good day.

The plan today for me is to go on emptying my fridge of all the healthy valuables, such as tofu and tomatoes. After the awful eating I've had yesterday evening (in spite of the best intentions, I assure you, but then, the road to **** is also paved with those...), I've managed to stay on plan nicely today, and I've made sure to plan for tonight as well. Sorry, colleagues of mine, no Thai food for me at lunch, I already had my own meal ready to reheat. (And no useless calories in that, even the meager pasta portion was fully whole-wheat.)

Now I'm crossing my fingers for us to have a non-rainy weather on Thursday. I have to move my couch on foot, after all.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #27  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Day is going well. No food problems this far. DH commented last night on how good i'm doing, so that was a good motivator. All in all staying on track.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #28  

walking2lose ... I hunted high and low to find where someone asked me about Canada Day and it was in last week's thread. I'd thought I was seeing things! I'm so glad I found it.
It's our Independence Day, sort of. We eat, drink and set off fireworks pretty much like a lot of countries do. In fact we've been at this for 140 yrs but we still take the May long weekend to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. We like our summer parties.

Seriously? From Wikipedia .... Canada Day is Canada's main patriotic holiday, often a time for outdoor activities in the early Canadian summer. Frequently referred to as "Canada's birthday," particularly in the popular press, the holiday does not commemorate a clear-cut date of "independence" or "founding", recognizing instead the confederation of three British North American colonies into a Dominion, a kingdom in its own right within the British Empire, known as Canada, through the 1867 British North America Act, after which the British Parliament still retained several political controls over the country, and many of Canada's modern provinces were yet to be created. July 1, 1867, saw the beginning of a new phase of Canadian self-sovereignty, initiating a gradual march towards full independence from Britain that was completed with the proclamation of the Constitution Act by Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, on April 17, 1982.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #29  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Another terrible day. I don't seem to be able to get started and I don't understand the scale either. I haven't eaten on plan for a week now and yet this morning I was 141.6 (which I am not recording). I've eaten at least 2000 calories a day for the last week and have dropped 3 lbs - ???? Any ideas?

Although it's fun to see the scales drop for no reason whatsoever I feel really out of control. I've had a BAD day today and have clocked up well over 3000 calories for no reason. I just need to get back on plan. I do fine until 7pm and then blow out. Feeling miserable to be honest.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #30  

Doughnut? Do you get post refined carb draggy butt? Cuz, you should be cheering. I'm happy for you.

Maybe your body is telling you it needs something? vitamins? water?