Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face Calorie counts

Avocadoes are evil . I jsut looked up the calorie count for 1/2 a medium avocado (just after eating that very same thing) and - GOOD GOD- it's 275 calories.

We've been slicing the darn things into our salads and putting them on our sandwiches thinking they're really low cal and healthy!

I need to buy one of those little books with all of the calorie counts that used to be at the checkouts in the supermarket - Sheesh!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

my DD1 is doing better she is out playing today ...well out watching evryone play cause she cannot do anything but walk but she is soooooooo happy it doesn't hurt as much now althought she is stiff in the mornings.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #33  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Dagmar - avocados may be high in calories they're really good for you. Don't bin 'em completely, maybe just go easy on them

Susan - I'm confused. People are starting to comment, my clothes are beginning to hang and yet I've been eating like a pig. When I deserve to lose weight I'm thrilled but when I don't deserve it I just wait for everything to go wrong. Thanks for the though. I think I'll shrug, say thanks and get back on track tomorrow.

Well, it's 11pm here. Me and my fat little belly (yes, it is a separate entity) need to go to sleep. We have work to do tomorrow!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

canadian mom ... my DD was 7 when she was in an arm cast. She looked so little with this big heavy thing on her. Poor ditty!

Doughnut ... that's the attitude! Shrug and move on.

I got cancelled for tomorrow and had it all planned ... then the phone rang. So I'm gonna shrug and go to bed.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #35  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

abbyin and Illene

Please take me with you!!!

:

My goal by end of July would be A LOSS! I've zigged (or possibly zagged) back up slightly from my low, (which is the only number I will claim - we shall not discuss larger numerals ) so I want to make that up PLUS log in an actual loss as well, to insure my trend is still positive.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #36  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

dagmar - avocados are very healthy but low cal they are NOT! But it might not be so bad. I'm not sure what kind of avocados you get in Canada but the average Hass avocado that we get here in CA only has about 4 to 5 oz of flesh on it, after you peel it and remove the pit. I know this because I weigh all my food and the avocados very consistently come in at 4 to 5 oz (peeled and pitted). At 47 calories any ounce (yes, it's pathetic that I have this memorized), half the avocado would only be 95 to 120 calories. When you buy that book, you might want to also invest in a food scale so that you really know how much avocado, etc. you are actually eating. In fact, I'd spring for the scale before the book; you can get calorie info for free on a gazillion websites (for probably more foods than are in any book).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #37  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Unhappy Disappointments

Well, it's 10:45 at night and I should be in bed. It has been an emotional day for me. I fell off plan tonight at 9PM when I made a microwave bag of popcorn, buttered it, shook seasoning salt all over it AND ATE THE WHOLE BAG!!!! Aach! So, much for feeling light tomorrow morning!

I know a lot of my night time eating is due to this need to fill up this hurt, lonely place in my BELLY. At least that's where I feel it. Fruit just doesn't add the weighted down full feeling I am clearly looking for. Very misguided, I know, but there it is. I've just felt too much alone today and tonight. These feelings SUCK!

What was so disappointing, you ask? Well, I've been riding this great wave for about a month now. I have my own business and I have been experiencing some breakthroughs in regards to business coming my way. It's been really exciting to have things going in a direction that feels prosperous. Unfortunately, since last week, I seem to have crashed on to the beach and broken my board. Thing after thing has been falling away business wise. I am a singer and a vocal teacher and both streams of revenue have been feeding me disappointments day after day. Today, I was hit with two more. They were like the straw that broke the camels back. I still feel weepy.

I wish I didn't get so triggered, but when it's one thing after another day after day for a week, I guess I'm worn down by all the disappointment. And it seems so random. I can't figure out why the tide has shifted. I feel like there's this energy around my aura that is doing this. Oh, I know that is so silly, it's just how I feel. I guess I am feeling pretty powerless to all of these shifts in my streams of revenue.

I noticed this is the first day since I joined this group, that I did not check in in the morning, say "Hi!" and commit to the kind of day I planned on having with regards to eating. I'm sure that would have helped. I did think of checking in a couple times today, but I got too busy!

So, tomorrow I will check in in the morning and hopefully have a sunnier day. I so want to have a comforting Chai Latte right now. I don't think I can resist. I'm just so sad!! Where's the peace? Where's the peace?!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

SusanB - I never knew about the history of Canada's Independence but I liked your lesson. I'm a history buff myself.

Dagmar - I have never eaten an Avocado. I don't know why. I just never have.

Canadianmom - Glad to hear your DD is doing better.

Whittlin - You come along with Ilene and me. We're not sure where we're going but we're shooting for the losing side of town.

I had a pretty good day. Stayed on plan for eating but, didn't really get in the exercise. Oh well, I'm shooting for 3 days a week, so I'm pretty sure I'll make it.

Hope everyone had a great day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Carolyn -

I've had some rough times in my life and my mantra that always helped me was to "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again". We are stronger than we think we are.

It's all up to you. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

I'm very easily swayed by events around me too. I mumble and head for the kitchen when I'm upset, angry, hurt ... I used to feel weak and spine-less but ... ya know what ... it's human. That's all, just human. And as long as it happens less often then when I'm being mindful, it all evens out in the end.

Abby ... isn't it funny how they teach us history in school? I'll bet I was in my twenties before I figured out that Napoleon had anything to do with the war of 1812. We were pretty much just taught what happened right here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post

I'm very easily swayed by events around me too. I mumble and head for the kitchen when I'm upset, angry, hurt ... I used to feel weak and spine-less but ... ya know what ... it's human. That's all, just human. And as long as it happens less often then when I'm being mindful, it all evens out in the end.
couldn't have said it better myself.

it happens to all of us, and the most important thing is that we admit our mistake, learn from it, get up, and try again.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #42  

Cool Eating to celebrate, to comfort

Eaitng is an answer to a lot of stuff. It's when we make it the answer all of the time that we get fat. It can be a joy - don't you all feel that way when you stay OP and still feel satisfied with all of the healthy food you're eating?

Jen glad to hear your DD's arm is healing.

Doughnut maybe you just gave your metabolism a jolt it needed to get "revved up" again.

Whittlin, abbyin, & Ilene I'm on board that weight loss train (God, that's truly awful )

Barbara Thanks for the info and the reminder - we do have a scale. DH bought it at the beginning of "his" plan and I put it in the cupboard 2 months later as it wasn't being used. I'm generally not that picky about amounts but I'll give it a try, particularly because small, medium, and large are so subjective.

Carolyn I hope you have a "sunnier day" today. Self employment is really hard the first few years (I'm 13 years and counting) until you build up a cushion to weather the "crash on the beach". I've had several of those each year and it's a whole lot easier once you have some reserve in the bank. The good news is that, if you love what you do and are good at it, there will always be new business. It really does seem to come in waves.

Cheers to all and watch out for those evil avocadoes and pies!

Dagmar and still pie free!

Last edited by Mudpie; 07-04-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: forgot to credit someone
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #43  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default planning and chat

have hit my first plateau and scale refuses to budge. Tomorrow will be the third day and it sucks. i guarantee i'm not over my calorie limit. No question about that. My body just wants to hold onto the fat. Infuriating that it won't cooperate!!!
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #44  

Default Plateaus do indeed SUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnythighs View Post
have hit my first plateau and scale refuses to budge. Tomorrow will be the third day and it sucks. i guarantee i'm not over my calorie limit. No question about that. My body just wants to hold onto the fat. Infuriating that it won't cooperate!!!
Maybe increase your exercise? That might "kick start" you again.

Dagmar
Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #45  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Red face Checkin' In

What a night!! Thanks for all the support ladies. I feel better already!

You're all correct. Don't give up. I need to apply that to all areas of my life today. It all seems very unstable, but no reason to give up on the overall plan, right?! I get it.

So, the plan is to have a Fit For Life eating day and night. Plain and simple. Very doable too!

Isn't amazing to think of how much food we can stuff into our stomach at one time?!!! How does one get a whole microwave bag of popcorn in there? Kinda blows my mind!

thinnythighs How about increasing your water intake. It will help to get things moving, toxins and other waste.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote