Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #31  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning. Not much of a loss since my last "bad" day a few nights ago. That's ok, next week I *will* be under 200 (for the first time in a year!)

I am going to be challenged a lot this week. Today is a meal with coworkers. I am going to be good though and do a lean meat and steamed veggies or a salad. I have no clue where we are dining though.

And Thursday and Friday are 2 meetings with pizza!!! But, I am bringing my lunch instead. I need to come up with something I can eat and not feel like I am missing out though. Any suggestions?

Good job on all the loss

welcome to those who just started

feel better to those sniffling

and for those of us with not much to report, let's get back at it!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, today is officially the end of Detox phase for me. I lost a total of 7 pounds! I'm excited! Today is day 1 of phase 2. I'm so ready to get this weight off. I see the tons of Halloween candy in the kitchen, but I'm passing it by. I don't want to give into bad habits again and start the roller coaster way of losing weight again. I'm determined this time. I did have a little candy last night, but just to fulfill that chocolate urge, but I plan on being 100% on plan until Thanksgiving. I did it on Detox, and I know I can with Phase 2. I'm thrilled that we are all doing so great on Fat Smash!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on all the losses! I'm a candy lover and I don't even have an urge to hit the Halloween candy. That is unbelievable for me, although I think having a cold is helping since I don't have much of an appetite to begin with.

My next favorite food is pizza & I ordered a pizza last night for my family and I didn't even desire any (I had my leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce). However, I have to admit, I don't think I'll be replacing my whole wheat spaghetti with the squash for the long-term. I decided it's OK as a substitute for now but that's about it.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #34  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Happy Nov 1 everyone

WOW today is day 5 for me on detox, and I feel great!!! I made SF carmel apples yesterday, and I only ate 2 bites of it, it really wasn't that good to me, I would have enjoyed just the apple instead...I have a challenge coming up myself, my hubby and I are leaving on Friday to go hunting and will be gone all weekend, but I have planned my meals, and I'm making homemade soup and some beans, and taking my brown rice and fresh fruit and veggies, so I plan on sticking to it. I usualy take junk food to snack on, but not this time, NO JUNK, in our Ice box's LOL...Congrats to all that lose, I won't weigh until Monday morning, but I feel like I've lost.....Wishing you all a great FAT SMASH day, we CAN do this!!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #35  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good for you buddie!! You go girl!! Healthy , all the way!! no excused for you!! just do it!! Im so proud of you and will miss you !! lol Good on the
carmel apples!! I didnt tast one piece of candy this year!! Iam so proud
of me!!We are all winner here. Have a good day and hope to see you later.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #36  
bouncy

Judy, Good for you on th candy!! I am proud of you !! How was the squash?
I havent trie it yet!! hew!! NOt sure how it would taste!! ha!! You are doing
good keep it up . See you later.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #37  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Good for you buddie!! You go girl!! Healthy , all the way!! no excused for you!! just do it!! Im so proud of you and will miss you !! lol Good on the
carmel apples!! I didnt tast one piece of candy this year!! Iam so proud
of me!!We are all winner here. Have a good day and hope to see you later.
I'm very proud of you my friend, it's hard to resist the candy, especially chocolate LOL, I didn't have any either, but I came close a couple of times LOL, and I sent the rest to work with Martin so, the danger zone is out of the house...I decided to do ahead and make my soup and beans to take, today, so it will be done, and I have to make a trip to the store tomorrow for fresh veggies and fruit, then I am all set for a healthy weekend...Have a good day buddie.

Ladean
Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/193/125

Height: 5'5

Happy day after Halloween, everybody! Congrats to everyone and all your will power! You're all amazing!

Judy and Jenn - pizza is such a weakness for me - I don't really eat a lot of it, but I always eat some (which is why I am avoiding it completely right now - I'm pretty tough, but come on! Does pizza taste as good as thin feels? Maybe...). Jenn, maybe if you brought in something kind of hearty and savory, like chili with cheese on it, or lentil soup, it might offset the pizza craving? I don't think a salad or yogurt would get me through that!

We did ok last night - started well, anyways. I heated up some chili that I had in the freezer, which was nice and satisfying. I did, however, have one mini 100,000 grand bar (used to be one of my favorites). Oddly, it was almost too sweet! I had planned to have a single reese's peanut butter cup with a glass of milk for a special dessert but we had so many trick-or-treaters we just plain ran out of candy (y'all can imagine how badly I felt about that!).

In the interest of full disclosure - we then had an unexpected invite to a neighbor's get-together, where I had two half-glasses of red wine. So while I didn't do as well as I intended, I didn't do half so badly as I might have otherwise. Back on plan and positive this morning, and weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #39  
Ladean

Default Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Happy day after Halloween, everybody! Congrats to everyone and all your will power! You're all amazing!

Judy and Jenn - pizza is such a weakness for me - I don't really eat a lot of it, but I always eat some (which is why I am avoiding it completely right now - I'm pretty tough, but come on! Does pizza taste as good as thin feels? Maybe...). Jenn, maybe if you brought in something kind of hearty and savory, like chili with cheese on it, or lentil soup, it might offset the pizza craving? I don't think a salad or yogurt would get me through that!

We did ok last night - started well, anyways. I heated up some chili that I had in the freezer, which was nice and satisfying. I did, however, have one mini 100,000 grand bar (used to be one of my favorites). Oddly, it was almost too sweet! I had planned to have a single reese's peanut butter cup with a glass of milk for a special dessert but we had so many trick-or-treaters we just plain ran out of candy (y'all can imagine how badly I felt about that!).

In the interest of full disclosure - we then had an unexpected invite to a neighbor's get-together, where I had two half-glasses of red wine. So while I didn't do as well as I intended, I didn't do half so badly as I might have otherwise. Back on plan and positive this morning, and weigh-in tomorrow!
Good job on the positive thoughts, we all have little slip ups, I know you will put it behind you and keep moving forward. And your right, it could have been MUCH more, so pat yourself on the back for making some good choices.

Ladean
Old 11-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #40  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

Brandilyn, I started FS on Aug. 31st.

I decided to allow myself some Halloween Candy yesterday. Afterwards I felt sick.. just yucky in my stomach. I guess I learned my lesson... almost because I had one piece today. But I feel I do not want to mess with my body now because I cleansed it and built up some great nutritious habits so I am not worried that I will fall off... I am motivated because I worked really hard to get to this point and dont' want to undo all that work.

Keep going everyone! This is a great place! Sorry I can't post more personally yet... soon, my schedule will be better.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #41  
bouncy

Good morning smashers, Day 6 for me!! ya!! going strong. Feel so good!!!
havent had a diet drink and sugar in a while!! ya!! Headach is gone!! hurray
for that!! I will make it throught the whole nine days!! then move on to
next !! ha!! ha!! HOpe all of you had a great day yesterday and will have
a fantastic day. Remember we can all do this !! we have the power to change.
running late. Just wanted to say hello. Hope to see all of you later
Old 11-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #42  
Ladean

Default Morning ladies

Day 6 for me as well, and I feel awesome, my energy leval has really spiked the last day or two, I don't know why, but I like it LOL.....Keep Smashin ladies we all can do this...Wooohooo Linda, why to go, I know you will go all the way my friend.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I'm feeling a big more energetic with this cold so hopefully I'll get a workout in tonight. I made a muffin recipe I found on a different FS forum and I used one of those flexible, rubbery muffin pans I just bought. If you haven't tried them, you should! The muffins did not stick at all - you just pop them out. And I think I even overbaked them a bit. I bought a set of the flexible cookware & will be replacing some of my other pans.

Even though I stayed on plan during detox, I couldn't wait for it to end. I was running out of variety that I need, even though I do enjoy cooking. Now that I'm on Phase II I feel so free. Just adding a few more things gives me a much wider choice and makes me appreciate good, normal food. I could truthfully stay in this phase until goal, and I just might. I have a different goal under my avatar than my ticker shows, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to the 125 to fit in size 6-8 pants. At around 136 I'm just starting to ease into 10's. I've also decided that if I can fit into size 8's then I can start maintaining. I'll see how I feel then.

Last edited by judyo; 11-02-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #44  
bouncy

Ladean BUddie, I know you can do it this weekend , when you are
away deer hunting. Good for you on the 6th day too!! We are strong
women, and we will do it!! I know i have lost , just dont know how
much!! hew!! have a good day and hope to hear from you before you
leave
Old 11-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #45  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Ladean BUddie, I know you can do it this weekend , when you are
away deer hunting. Good for you on the 6th day too!! We are strong
women, and we will do it!! I know i have lost , just dont know how
much!! hew!! have a good day and hope to hear from you before you
leave
I know I can too, I just feel too good eating this way to blow it now...I can't wait to see how much we've lost, I think I am close if not to my goal of under 150 but I am not going to weigh until Monday, that way It will keep me motivated not to cheat this weekend LOL.

Hugs
Ladean