Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #16  

Having a good start to the week. Not feeling totally well...darn sinus cold! Trying to do mostly phase 1, but some phase 2. I am so excited to hear about people that go off plan, because that is life, but just do a few days of phase 1 to make up for it.

I truly believe that is why i will hopefully stick with this diet! I just need to get my butt on the treadmill or to the gym! That is my next goal! Along with all the others!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Julie
Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 AM   #17  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Julie- sorry you are feeling bad!! hope you are feeling better this am.

Golen lover- I know it feels so good, when you and others notice you r
weigh loss. Keep on a going friend. you can do it!!

Judo- Congrats on winning the ugly Betty contest!! How neat. lol Good for
you on sticking to the plan so well. you go girl!! OH! how was the spagetti
squash?

Sherry- Have agood day friend. Are you ready for halloween? hew!! see you later.

Good morning ladies. Wishing all a great and very blessed day. Remember our
commitmen and do what it takes to have what we all want. lol

Day 4 for me on detox, going strong!! I feel so much lighter!! want to weigh
but will weight until it is time!! ha!! ha!! went to curves after work yesterday. Still had a slight headach. But will survive. Take care of all of
you and see all later.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:02 AM   #18  
bouncy

Default Deb

DEB TO FAT SMASHERS !! THE BEST PLAN AND IT WORKS!!
HOPE TO SEE MORE OF YOU. HAVE AGREAT DAY .
HUGS LINDA
Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #19  
bouncy

HAPPY TRICK OR TREAT!! HEW!! HEW!! WISHING ALL A GREAT HALLOWEEN.
I HOPE I CAN DO THIS??
Witch Witch Cauldron Haunted House Spider
Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hi Everyone,

Linda~ We decided not to take Joshua trick or treating after all. Dh and I have been going back and forth on this issue. We are Christians and we don't celebrate halloween. So, we finally made our minds up this weekend that we wouldn't do the trick or treating thing. Hope you have a great day!!!

I ate ice cream and mexican food this weekend!!! So, I am not looking for a big loss tomorrow. I will be happy if I maintain. lol.

I don't have a lot of time to spend on the puter today. Just wanted to hop on and say, "hey".

Talk to you all later,
Sherry
Old 10-31-2006, 10:23 AM   #21  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Happy Halloween everyone! Stay strong and avoid all that candy - you can do it! I am going to the gym after work so I don't have to be home and be tempted by giving out candy to the trick or treaters. It was either that or buy all the kinds I don't like

Today is my last of the Phase 1 detox but I am not weighing in until tomorrow morning because you definitely weigh more at the end of the day after eating & drinking all day. So, I will post results tomorrow.

I discovered a Phase 2 recipe that looks really good. I am going to try it tomorrow and if it is good, I will post it in the recipes.

Since I am so used to altering my food for Phase 1, I don't think 2 is going to be that difficult. I made some notes on how I can keep the calories/fat down on P2 so I thought I would share:

I will continue to us my "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" spray instead of butter.

I will use Veggie Shreds (fake cheese) instead of regular cheese. I tried the mozzarella in a salad last night and I really like the taste. I am sure it will be great in my omelets & on the pizza recipe posted under Recipes.

I will use ground turkey instead of beef whenever possible or any of the fake beef such as Boca whenever possible.

I will eat more fish - those of you in Kroger grocery territory, Tilapia fillets are on sale this week here - 4 pkgs for 10.00 w/ your Kroger card. Tilapia is one of the healthiest you can eat and a great source of protein. I have a ton of fish recipes that I love. when I get time I will post some on teh Recipes page.

I am traveling Thurs - Sat so that is going to be the real test. Eating healthy while staying in hotels and flying is such a chore, not to mention being able to eat every 3 -4 hrs. I am going to carry my apples, grapes & strawberries with me for snacks. Eating out will be hard because most places serve white rice and not brown I have found.

Hopefully it will all work out. If any of you have any tips to share for Phase 2, eating out or traveling, feel free to post them.

Lem
Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Talking

Good Morning Fellow Fat Smashers. Day 2 of my Second go around on Phase I (detox). I am having the hardest time trying to find time to exercise. I don't have any kids and am not married!!!! Why can't I find the time!!!! After I get off work and go home my evening is consumed with getting ready for the next day, preparing meals (because it is very hard to eat out on this diet) and I spend time with my honey. I know if I was working out I would see a lot more results. I know, I know!!! I have no excuse!!! I think I am just being lazy. I answered my own question!!! I HAVE to make the time for myself!!! I WILL work out TODAY!!!

Wish me luck. There is a luncheon today at work and I have to be strong and say "No". to all the Halloween goodies.

Everyone have a great day and [COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Happy Smashing!!!"[/COLOR]
Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 AM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good luck Nelle!!!

Would you believe that *I* forgot to weigh in today? I can't believe it either!

Gives me one more day to get under 200 then! We're applying for part time jobs tonight (between my hospital bills, the holidays right around the corner and the honeymoon we want to go on, we need some extra cash) and so for exercise we're going to do a lap around the mall (it's a big mall!) after we apply.

Have a good day chicas!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #24  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
HAPPY TRICK OR TREAT!! HEW!! HEW!! WISHING ALL A GREAT HALLOWEEN.
I HOPE I CAN DO THIS??
Witch Witch Cauldron Haunted House Spider
Day 4 my friend, I know you will do great!!! I am enjoying this, and the weather has been great for hot soups and beans...Have a happy and safe day.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I must have caught some of your colds! Thought I could shake it off but I've had a raw throat for 2 days now. Trick or treating in the cold isn't going to much fun this year - darn!

Tried something new last night. I made spaghetti squash. I baked it at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Next time I'll try an hour as it was still crunchy. I was skeptical since when I sliced it open it had a sweet, butternut squash aroma. But it completely took the flavor of the homemade spaghetti sauce I prepared based on a recipe I found online. It was really good. The rest of the family got regular spaghetti (told dh he could look at my spaghetti squash but he couldn't touch - or eat). I'm going to nuke the leftover "spaghetti" to try to soften it up some more but that's what I'm going to have for dinner again tonight.

Julie - It's funny you mention about going off plan & jumping back on. I've written before that we could all do that with any diet plan but most of us don't. That's why I love FS. It does allow off-plan times with another plan to get back on (by doing some detox again). I think since it's written that way it keeps those of us who like to follow a plan as closely as possible able to stick with it, even when we stray. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Linda - It's good your headache is at least easing up. I still have to get my workouts in but as soon as my back felt better I got this cold/flu thing. I will be doing some walking today so it's better than nothing.

Sherry - Hope you do maintain. Since I'm not feeling well I don't even have an appetite for much. Makes it kind of easy to have a light day. Not worth it, though.

Lem - When I went out to dinner Fri. with my girlfriends (to an Italian place), I just ordered a salad with dressing on the side. Unfortunately, they didn't have a big salad selection, so I ended up having a kind of small dinner salad. I was going to order a 2nd one but didn't really feel the need as the salad did fill me up.

Some restaurants have fruit plates for lunch (just omit the cottage cheese or whatever). You can still order a meat dish but kind of eyeball 3 oz. & box the rest. Phase I bothered me with dining out, Phase II doesn't at all. Best of luck with the traveling.

Nelle - Are you putting off working out because you're trying to do it for a certain amount of time (like 45 min. or an hr.). Although I haven't worked out since I started FS because of my back & now my sore throat, I was a workout fanatic at one point in my life.

Maybe you can split up your workouts into 10 min. intervals throughout the day. Take a 10 minute walk at lunch if possible; you get the idea. However, as much as FS pushes exercising, I know that I will never again exercise for an hour or more a day (at least not most of the time).

I got burned out doing that & my body is rebelling as I age. I will start back with my workouts when my body is ready & I won't fret about it in the meantime. Even on Phase II I still feel light & don't feel like I'm gaining. The weigh-in will tell but if I can eat like this & lose anything in a week, I'm in it for the long term.

Jenn - My son, grandkids & I did a lot of walking this summer and I was thinking of doing the mall thing over the winter. However, it might be more expensive with the kids than walking trails! Have fun with your walk & good luck with the pt job.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 PM   #26  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Hey Judy,

Thanks, I didn't think about fruit plates but maybe I can find somewhere that has them. I had my first salad last night w/ dressing and I had missed my salads! I don't know why I didn't eat more on detox! Thanks for the input. Have a good night. Lem
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #27  
bouncy

Good morning lovely ladies, Hope all had a
great day yesterday! wishing all a great day today!! lets keep on smashing
our fat off!! hew!! we can do it!! keep a working and doing just what ever you like to do!! ha!! If you dont like
to do exercise , have a open mind and love to love it!! it is the only way
to help keep the weight off!! We are all doing so well. This is the best
support team around!!
Day 5 on detox!! doing good and have not cheated!! detox all the way!!
no candy last night!! Im so proud of me!! It is the first year on halloween
not one bit of candy , sugar of no kind!! I just love being in controll!!
all stay focused and do what it takes and we all will have what we want.
Did anyone see tyra banks on the 30th. Dr Ian was on and JUlia that was
on the biggest looser. Irealy enjoyed it, she will show updates on the
three teams later down the line. Have a great day friends . Remember
weight lose starts in the mind!!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Morning!

I am happy that I lost another lb this week. I didn't think I would lose anything. I went a little overboard over the weekend. But, I stayed OP during the week. So, that must be why I lost.

I gotta go change the baby. lol.

Talk to you all later,
Sherry
Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 223/199/186

CONGRATULATIONS Sherry on your 1lb. loss! Only 4 more until ONEDERLAND!! I love your consistently-you keep me focused!!

FYI: I found out that once i upped my cardio on Phase III to 45 minutes, i NEED to make sure i'm upping my calories as well. Not tons, but maybe a piece of fruit. I found myself the last 2 nights feel kinda dizzy while on the treadmill and elliptical. Going over my calories, and the time between eating and working out. Example, last night i ate my last meal at 6pm and worked out at 10pm. I couldn't eat after i worked out as i went to bed at 10:45, but wasn't sure if i should have a snack or not before i worked out. The answer is YES!! I needed the extra calories to really make the work out effective. Thought i'd share what i learned!

Happy Smashing!
Dorrene

Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Good Morning Fellow Fat Smashers. Judy and Jenn, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Judy- I try to fit my workout in a particular time frame like 30 min or more. My problem is I don't make the time for it. Its really making time for myself. I am always busy doing something for someone else. Again I didn't make the time for it yesterday. I will try to take a walk on my lunch break. It has gotten hard since my elliptical machine broke. Beacuase I used to workout while watching TV no I have to use workout DVDs which to me takes so much time.

to everyone's loss. Hopefully by next week Wednesday I can post with some good news also.

At my luncheon at work yesterday I was good I only had the salad and fruit salad. The only bad thing was I had the full fat salad dressing. Everyone was looking at my plate saying "look who is dieting". It wasn't so bad because I try to think what do I want more the fleeting taste of good food or the lasting good feeling of seeing that scale number go down.

I hope everyone has great day of Smashing!!!!