Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #16  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Thumbs up

Just checking in for the day...here's what I ate today:

B (6a) - Smoothie (6 oz. yogurt, 1 C strawberries, 1/2 svg. whey protein, 2 oz.skim milk)
S (9a) - 1/2 C Oatmeal, 1/2 banana
L (12p) - 1/2 C Red beans, 1/2 C Mexicorn, 1 C Brown rice, Salad w/vinag.
S (3p) - Leftovers from lunch (above)
D (6p) - Tofu, oriental style veggies, pineapples, chicken broth, 1/2 C Brown rice (Stir Fry)
S (9p) - A few grapes

Water - 64 oz.
Exercise - Core Rhythms

I cannot believe that I'm actually doing this and it is so easy. I remember a time when I would gag on skim milk and now I'm drinking it straight and loving it.

It's Time ~~ I'm celebrating with you...this "lifestyle change" is awesome!

Desert Rose ~~ I don't think it's a problem not eating meat. I would think this is for those of us who must have meat. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I think some folks have even taken Phase I into weeks 3, 4 and beyond.

Brandilynn74 ~~ I'm trying your eggplant recipe on Friday...it sounds great. Thanks!

Jen415 ~~ Just brush yourself off and get back on board. I'm sure I'll have some slip-ups along the way and my plan is just to forget about it and get right back on track.

Fitbyforty ~~ Have you tried the food items you hate, lately? If not, there's a chance that maybe your taste buds have changed...you may actually like those things now. If this is not the case, then my suggestion is this (please don't take this wrong because it's not meant in a negative way): Find another diet that you'll be able to stick with and feel satisfied by the foods you're consuming. Maybe this one is just not for you.

Have a good night everyone. Until tomorrow....keep smashing!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #17  

Hey Smashers! I'm here at work, pulling my "Monday Evening" with the night crew, but no one is stopping up to talk, so I thought I'd pop in and say "hi" to you guys!

Bouncy - I hope I have as much luck on Phase 1 as you do! Congratulations on the thinner you!

Jen415 - Here's a hand - I'm helping you back on the wagon! You can do it, and we're here to help and support you. As far as that darn protein thing, I agree with you - a serving is 3 ounces, but what I'm still confused about is how much of that stuff will be permissable once I hit Phase 2. Meat, seafood, eggs, milk and cheese? How much of each (max) per day?

For those folks that are currently or beyond Phase 2, how did you handle that? Oh, and I did e-mail Dr. Ian. I'll post the response, if and when I get one.

As far as today's intake:
Breakfast - 4 oatmeal banana cookies (about 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1/2 banana) or 1/3 of recipe that is posted here on this site!!!
Lunch - 1/2 cup brown rice with 1 cup mixed frozen veggies (peas, corn, beans)
Snack - yogurt
Dinner - sauteed broccoli, mushrooms and tomatos in olive oil spray, added 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 dark kidney beans, 2 scrambled egg whites and probably 2 Tablespoons low sodium fat free chicken broth (for taste) and 1 cup milk
Early snack - 5 strawberries
Late snack - don't know yet

Chat with you later!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #18  

This morning came WWWAAAYYY too early for me. And yet, here I am, back at work! I checked my e-mail, and low and behold, I got a reply from Dr. Ian:

In phase II each day you are allowed to have 1 serving of any of the lean meats and 1 serving of the seafood. For example, you can have chicken breast (without the skin and the right size for lunch) and have a piece of salmon for a dinner meal. If someone has allergies to seafood, then they should have two meat servings that day, let's say chicken and turkey or whatever combination they prefer. If you really don’t want the meat, then you can have two servings of the seafood. The items listed are the max that you can have, but you’re not expected to eat EVERYTHING on the list EVERY day. That would be too much food. Pay attention to the serving sizes and remember, more calories are coming back into your diet. As far as the other boxed items: Eggs--you're allowed one or the other; Milk & Cheese--you're allowed each item listed per day; Flavorings: you're allowed each item listed per day; drinks: you're allowed the coffee and tea per day, and your choice of the rest of the items listed. You MUST do your exercise as prescribed in the book, especially during phase II. If you don’t exercise and you add all of those calories back, then you won’t lose weight or even worse you might gain weight. So follow the diet and exercise program tightly to continue getting results! Keep SMASHING!! -- All the best, Dr. Ian-

WOW! That's exactly what I was looking for. Hope this helps others as well! Have a "Smashing Good Day!"
Old 09-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

What a bad night last night. I had a Mom's night out, and we met for appetisers and wine.....so bad!!!
BUT, I did hit 10K steps, so I feel good about that. Going to eat on Phase 1 for the rest of the week. Maybe I'll drop a pound or two. That would be really nice!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Default Question bbobsgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbobsgrl View Post
Just checking in for the day...here's what I ate today:

B (6a) - Smoothie (6 oz. yogurt, 1 C strawberries, 1/2 svg. whey protein, 2 oz.skim milk)
S (9a) - 1/2 C Oatmeal, 1/2 banana
L (12p) - 1/2 C Red beans, 1/2 C Mexicorn, 1 C Brown rice, Salad w/vinag.
S (3p) - Leftovers from lunch (above)
D (6p) - Tofu, oriental style veggies, pineapples, chicken broth, 1/2 C Brown rice (Stir Fry)
S (9p) - A few grapes
Are you in Phase 1? Can we have whey protein in phase 1?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #21  

The V8 was the least of my worries. I went to the movies w/ my daughter (14 yrs.) and had movie theater popcorn, twizzlers and rootbeer! But I am back smashing today. Do you think the low sodium V8 would be ok? I bought some this AM for my afternoon snack.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Morning Smashers!!! I'm starting day 3. Yesterday was okay. I made a homemade veggie chilli with black beans that was pretty good. I'll post the recipe in a moment on recipe thread. I had plenty to eat - even though I thought my calories were kind of low for the day (around 1500 - 1600).

I am feeling pretty bad today - I have a very sore throat and feel like I'm getting sick. I'm eating extra citrus today, hopefully that and all the good food I'm eating will kick this cold out of my system.

Food for today:

6:30am banana, 1c pear green tea
8:00am 4 egg whites, 2/3c instant oatmeal, grapfruit, 1c vanilla nut herbal tea
10:00am 6oz FF plain yogurt, 2 apples
12:30pm Veggie Chilli, apple
3:30pm 3/4c sugar snap peas, 6oz FF plain yogurt
7:00pm 1/2c brown rice, 1/2c black beans, 1/2c mushrooms, 1 carrot, 1/2 large cucumber

Calories: 1436
F: 10g
C: 286g
P: 70g
Old 09-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #23  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

CH4health ~~ Yep, I'm on Day 4 of Phase 1. I don't know if the whey protein is allowed or not. I emailed Dr. Smith, but decided to go for it since I haven't received a response back yet. I'm only using 1/2 scoop (55 calories) and it's low in fat, sugar, etc. Since I work out pretty intensely on most days, I decided that I need the extra protein. I can tell that I'm losing and don't think it's causing a problem for me.

EastBayKitten ~~ Welcome!! Happy smashing!!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #24  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Smashers! I'm going to start again tomorrow. I've also joined a team on The Biggest Loser thread for some extra motivation. I need some extra accountability!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #25  
Fit by Forty

Smile Got my book today

I've been lurking on this board for awhile now, and just today bought the book. I am eager to get started. I've made a list of food to get at the grocery store tomorrow. I am picking up things for breakfast tomorrow on my way home from work (1 a.m.) I work as a waitress/bartender so I'm going to have to try and find what times are good/best for me to eat. It could be very challenging. Sometimes I don't get home till 3 in the morning and sleep in till 10 or 11. Unless I wake up to eat and then go back to bed? My shifts are all over the board and never know what time I'll be done etc.Oh well, I'll have to work the program to what fits in my schedule.
A little about me, married with 2 children, son will be 16 in dec and daughter will be 13 in dec. Work a fulltime and a parttime job. Live in Simcoe, Ontario Canada. Oh, I am 34 yrs young too! Don't need to lose a whole lot. Would like to lose between 10-20 lbs, depending on how I feel/look after 10 lbs gone.
Hoping to meet lots of new friends, support and meal ideas/recipes here. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome, Kelly and others that are looking to start out.

It really is an easy plan to follow...it really is just common sense. We all KNOW what is bad to eat when wanting to cut wt. So really it all comes down to will power.

I love the way I feel on this eating plan. I have decided not to call it a diet and hope to just stay on track with healthy eating. I am not anxious to step on a scale anymore, which is truly amazing. But by the way my clothes are fitting, I would say I am down 14lbs in 2.5 weeks.

Pam
Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #27  

Thanks AuntieCiCi for posting Dr. Ian's reply to your questions. I was wondering all the same things...I know he's been criticized for having such a small book but I think it's because it's more of a guide and a way of life. Besides some diet books that I've tried to follow are so wordy and detailed that it makes it more difficult to adhere to.

Fellow Smasher,
Loulee
Old 09-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 199/194/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Linda! I am finding the same thing out about being full!! Yesterday I felt like I was gonna bust so today I ate less. I'm still so full! I did try one of the recipes in the book, the Tasty Tomatoes. Sounds gross if you just look at the recipe but it was delicious! I did bake the tomatoes for a half hour even though the book says 10 minutes, I just like them a little softer. I think this is gonna be a great change in my attitude towards food but man do I miss my coffee!!!
Later smashers,
Helene
Old 09-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #29  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Welcome all new Smashers

Well I had an ok day, no cheating..but I have not exercised yet and doubt I will tonight. This will be the first day i have not exercised so I guess Im not doing to bad. Well Happy Smashing everyone talk to you all tomorrow!

Bbobsgrl- I have not tried any tofu yet, what kind do you buy and how do you prepare it. I tried cooking it once in chili and it was HORRIBLE. But I think it was the cooks fault!!

Sllamey- Congrats on the 10k workout. I worked up to that for a whole week. I have never wanted something so bad..Well at least when it came to exercising!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #30  

OK my first day and after reading a few months you would think I would have been better prepared. Lots of running today. I did not miss my coffee and no headaches. I am better planned for tomorrow.
Breakfast-oatmael with cinnamon, nutmeg, applesauce, 1 c. skim milk.
snack- grapes and 6 oz. yogurt
lunch- rice dish made with beans, tomato sauce, green chillis, corn, chilli powder
dinner- rice-veggie stir fry(best place for my eggwhites as I hate eggs) salad with salad dressing
snack 1 c milk which I forced myself. I was stuffed.
Are we allowed to start threads for what foods allowed for phases. Like I see whey powder is that allowed on phase 1.