Old 09-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Support 9/18 - 9/24

Good Morning, Smashers! It's been such a fantastic weekend, I couldn't wait to share it with you all. First of all, I didn't cheat. NOT ONCE. NOTHING! That is completely unheard of for me. I made it thru the entire weekend without even a potato chip. I'm now on Day 7 of Phase 1 and feeling FANTASTIC! Oh, I did step on the scale this morning, just because I couldn't help myself and I lost 4 pounds already. Another total surprise to me!!! My personal goal for phase 1 was 5 pounds, so I think I'll achieve that with no problem.

Next, I'm eating mushrooms. And tomatoes. And balsamic vinegar. And peas. And olive oil. I was going to try spinach, but the FDA changed my mind. To give you a little history, I'm a plain-jane eater. Nothing new. Heaven forbid I try to cook something different. Well, I did after I started "Smashing" and it's really delicious! Oh, I also baked the banana and oatmeal cookies last night and they are really good too! Hubby got into them and I've had a request to make more! Do I dare tell them that they are "diet" cookies? ;-)

I'm looking ahead in Phase 2 and am really mixed up about the protein we are supposed to add. On page 33 of the book, it says "These are the total servings allowed per day; eat your servings during any meal you choose." What are the servings? How much meat? How much seafood? Eggs? Milk and cheese? Any help here would REALLY be appreciated!

Continued success to all my fellow smashers!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #2  
Getting to Goal in 2006

S/C/G: 185/182.6/155

Height: 5'6"

Hello! I'm a newbie to this board. I am interested in joining up with this Fat Smash group. I am starting it today. I am looking forward to it! I believe this to be a very sound, healthy lifestyle. I have read about such great successes with this plan. I love watching the show too. If they can do it, so can I. Here's to day 1!

azgal32
Old 09-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'10"

Hello all. The weekend was good, although I did cheat at IHOP but not too bad. All I had Friday was 6oz yogurt. Apple, steamed veggies and fruit smoothie. Then at IHOP I had two scrambled eggs and 1 pancake. Not too bad. I was worried but then I told myself that life happens and you just have to do you best and get back on it the next day and I did. Plus I got on the scale and have lost another 2 pounds. I basically am allowing myself one cheat meal every two weeks. As long as I don't go overboard I think it will be fine. This is a lifestyle change but you can't be perfect all the time and stress over it. I have 20 more to go and I am so ready...and the exercise is making a difference. Good luck and everyone have a great week.

CICI- you are suppose to eat one serving of protein per day. Like 3oz of chicken at one meal and then tuna at another meal....that is what I was told..

Last edited by chicks; 09-18-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm still here, plugging along. This IS the week of exercise. I AM going to kick myself in the butt and hit at least 10K steps EVERYDAY!!!! I WILL do it!!
I'm still down the 4 I lost from Phase 1, but that's it. I really thought I'd be down more, but my body isn't losing. I will keep plugging along though. It's worth it!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #5  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieCiCi View Post
Good Morning, Smashers! It's been such a fantastic weekend, I couldn't wait to share it with you all. First of all, I didn't cheat. NOT ONCE. NOTHING! That is completely unheard of for me. I made it thru the entire weekend without even a potato chip. I'm now on Day 7 of Phase 1 and feeling FANTASTIC! Oh, I did step on the scale this morning, just because I couldn't help myself and I lost 4 pounds already. Another total surprise to me!!! My personal goal for phase 1 was 5 pounds, so I think I'll achieve that with no problem.

Next, I'm eating mushrooms. And tomatoes. And balsamic vinegar. And peas. And olive oil. I was going to try spinach, but the FDA changed my mind. To give you a little history, I'm a plain-jane eater. Nothing new. Heaven forbid I try to cook something different. Well, I did after I started "Smashing" and it's really delicious! Oh, I also baked the banana and oatmeal cookies last night and they are really good too! Hubby got into them and I've had a request to make more! Do I dare tell them that they are "diet" cookies? ;-)

I'm looking ahead in Phase 2 and am really mixed up about the protein we are supposed to add. On page 33 of the book, it says "These are the total servings allowed per day; eat your servings during any meal you choose." What are the servings? How much meat? How much seafood? Eggs? Milk and cheese? Any help here would REALLY be appreciated!

Continued success to all my fellow smashers!
Good Morning Auntie, congrats on the 4lbs lost !! keep it up!! you can do it!!
it is so true our tast sure changes for the better. Keep it up and again
congrats on the weight kicked to the curb. At break will post later.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 2

Hi Smashers!! I started Phase 1 on Sunday. It was a bit difficult because I had not made it to the store to stock up on veggies. I did eat my beans n rice, plain yogurt and some fruit (& alittle veggies).

I was able to wean myself off of coffee last week by diluting it with decaf and drinking less. I had very minor headaches Friday and Saturday, but no where near as bad as they were last time I gave up coffee.

I made some veggie chilli last night - I can't wait to taste it at lunch.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #7  

Smile

I finally got my book and am starting on Phase I today. I need to get some more fruit in the house though. Had a banana for brkfst and stir fry veggies at lunch. I want to go get a V8 for a snack this afternoon. I am sure since it is 100% veggies it is allowed. (right?) I guess i am not that sure. I am like some of the others that have posted where i do best if I am posting my menus and can see what others are doing also. So I will be doing that this week. Let's do this!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #8  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Virgo74 ~~ I'm not sure about the V8. I would suggest that you check the sodium content...if it's too high, then I would select something else. (JMHO)
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #9  
Less30

From what I have seen, V8 is NOT permitted. Any fruit or veggie juice has to be freshly squeezed. V8 is not and way too high with the sodium.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Smashers....

Well I have totally ruined my great Phase I with a whole week's worth of crappy eating. I did not get on the scale today because I couldn't bear to see the damage.

Tomorrow I will begin Phase I again. I am going to the grocery to get everything I need (that was one of my excuses for eating off plan--not having the right stuff in the house). I am going to ask my partner to help keep me accountable as well. He was miserable about his weight gain this morning, so maybe the two of us together can get something done.

Anyway, here's to detox--again!!

Oh, and to Cici--let me research your question and get back to you!! OFf the top of my head I think the serving is 3 ounces.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I feel like the fussiest eater alive.I am starting Fat Smashing today.So far so good.My problem is I don't eat eggs.Can someone suggest a way to make them taste less like eggs.I hate yogurt,I have tried to eat it on my journey but it tastes like sour milk to me.Suggestions?I did have the oatmeal today and yuk.I added blueberries to it but it didn't help.To my credit I have broken the pepsi addiction awhile ago and I eat more veggies now than ever in my lifetime.I exercise 10hours a week so that is a bonus.Tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #12  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone Hope everyone had a smashing day!! I have done very well today. I came to the conclusion yesterday that I am only going to have meat a few times a week. When I eat meat I dont eat as much vegtables as I should. I have never been one to eat fish and thats all I want to eat..weird. Has anyone ever tried an Italian Eggplant?? I grilled some today with a little garlic, and very little lemon pepper and it was better than a steak..I have no clue if there similar to regular eggplant. But I went back to the produce stand and grabbed a couple more!! Well time to go exercise.

VIRGO74 I thougt V8 was acceptable also. I have been drinking about 6 oz everyday for breakfast along with a banana. It has not hurt my weight loss, so Im confused...I know I dont want to give it up.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/194/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi guys! I just started Fat Smash today. I got the book last week but wanted to read the whole thing and then stock up with all the good stuff. This first day was a relief because usually, when I start a new diet, the first nite I am starving! I am so full now I can't even tell you! I'm not even tempted, yet, by the goodies in the house for my son and friends! Well, here's to becoming a "smasher" and I hope to lose at least 5 lbs by next Monday!

Last edited by It's Time; 09-18-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #14  

Smile Day 89 and Smiling

The weekend was so much easier than I expected I am finishing day 8 and just had to sneak on the scale today . . . 8lbs!

Phase II is going to be hard for me because I don't eat meat, but can eat a little tuna. That and the tofu will see me through. Dying to try a few nuts with my "beans and greens" but will probably wait until Phase III for that.

I love getting to eat all of my favorite foods and still lose weight. Still don't get the coffee thing, but have kept with the herb tea and will celebrate with a cup on Wed. Just bought some pretty good tea at Whole Foods and pretended I was doing a Zen thing . . . ommmmmm... lol

Just realized the rice goes away -- or goes to every other day. That has really been helping me get by. Anyone else have trouble starting Phase II without it?

Arline
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #15  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Time View Post
Hi guys! I just started Fat Smash today. I got the book last week but wanted to read the whole thing and then stock up with all the good stuff. This first day was a relief because usually, when I start a new diet, the first nite I am starving! I am so full now I can't even tell you! I'm not even tempted, yet, by the goodies in the house for my son and friends! Well, here's to becoming a "smasher" and I hope to lose at least 5 lbs by next Monday!
Hello Its TIme, welcome and congrats on your decison to take the first step
to smash your weight off!! It is realy a easy and very good life style.
Hang in there.Alot have lost alot of weight during detox. I lost 9lbs in
9days. The plan realy works. I found to that i stayed full all the time. Some days i had to make my self eat!! hew!! what a switch!! Have agood night
and hope to see more of you.
HUgs LINda