Old 09-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #61  

Default Too Wierd!

Twistedska - you don't know how much of the same boat we really are! I started out at 220 - right up there with you! I, too, have been at this plateau in the mid 153'ish and I too have food pushers for relatives. Are you sure we aren't some type of cosmic twins or something? So how long have you been on FatSmash? What Phase?

Do you find you are eating about 20 points a day or more/less? I'm at about 15... I find that a bit wierd, since I used to squeak by at 25, praying the FlexPoints would last me thru the weekend before. Now, I don't use them at all. What about you?

I apologize for the wrong terminology, but Happy Jewish New Year!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicks View Post
Well, still no weight loss in a week. I am really wanting to give up. I worked out Monday for 60 min and last night for 45, will work out tonight thru Sunday. I am doing The Firm workouts if you have ever heard of them. Jen415 I am eating just like phase 1 except I am adding a little shredded cheese to my salad and eating chicken breast at night. Doing brown rice every other day. I shouldn't have a plateau 2 1/2 weeks into it and after only losing 8.5 pounds...very frustrated.

Here is sample of what I eat.

7am 1 1/2 cup Special K with 1 cup skim milk
930 am 1 cup coffee w/splenda
1030 Piece of fruit
100pm Salad w/green peppers, cukes, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli and low fat dressing
3pm Fruit
530 Usually do my workout here
7pm 3oz of tuna with mayo (amoutn we can have)
green beans
9pm Apple slices

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I guess I will go back to totally phase 1.
Just a question, but have you tried raising your calories and eating more? I know if probably sounds like the opposite thing to do, but it looks like your calories are pretty low. My opinion (even though you didn't ask) is to add some protein to your breakfast and something to your 10:30 snack. Your body may be holding on to fat becuase it's hungry.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #63  
Less30

Default Frustrated Friday!!

Well, this must just be the day to vent about the lack of weight loss. I have not weighed in for 3 weeks...I will not do that again. Weekly it is. I did not lose a pound!

However, I will cop to it. I did have some days that I was OFF the diet. Had I weighed in, I may have seen my weight go up and today I would have seen an actual lose (even if it was re-work).

Just trying not to get discouraged. I have been running (100%) about 10 miles this week, I have done cardio for an hour on non running days. This is exactly the point that I get frustrated with dieting. I am over 30 pounds overwieght so it is not that I am even close to goal weight. This is the same story I have dealt with for the last 2 years of my struggle.

Not giving up...not at all, just need to buckle down and do Phase 1 (STRICTLY) for the next week starting Monday. I am going out of town this weekend. I am not sure how closely I can follow (Brown rice will be the issue I think...not easy to get when you are out). The only thing that I am not sticking to is the coffee. I have added that back, but a lot less. I heat a cup of milk (1/2 cup at a time) and add coffee to it. I am over a month without diet sodas and don't even miss it.

Off to the gym this morning and will run 3 miles tomorrow..but I am keeping my chin up. I know I can do this. I guess I just would have been happier if I would have seen at least 2 pounds gone ....

Off to the gym.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 185.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'10"

Well last night I decided to go back to Phase 1 until Wed (my weekly weigh in) Plus I will step up my workouts this weekend. I am going to get a few more groceries but not stock up because if I don't lose anything this week then I might go back to WW because honestly I am getting tired of the food. I believe my body is testing me and I am going to push through it. Plus my weight varies from day to day and I haven't had a BM in two days so that may be it...TMI I know but,,,plus I eat tons of salt..I know you aren't allowed but I am a salt addict and that is one thing I cannot give up. I have been weighing everyday and so I am not going to weigh until WED morning and see. Honestly I haven't cheated at all except for my IHOP trip, so I think I am in the zone and have had success on WW. One thing if I switch is I will still stay away from sugar and most breads and pastas...but I just like the cost and ease of the frozen dinners. I never thought I would say it but I am sick of salads...we will see
Old 09-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 276/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
Great job Kristy!

I'm back on Phase I. So far I am on plan today, and it is GREAT! It makes me wonder WHY I would wreck my progress by eating junk??
Hey Jen!!!

Keep up the good work and hang in there. Believe me...I know it is so hard. I see my husband and son having all the YUMMY things I used to love. AND STILL LOVE AND MISS!!! So try to stay strong. I am DYING for a pizza! I want it so badly that I can't stop thinking about it. I am going to have a salad pizza over my friends house tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. It is a regular pizza crust (but not cheese or sauce)....with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, chick peas, onions, etc. on top with balsamic vinegar dressing. I am planning on having some....just not eating the crust. So I am hoping it will finally ease my craving of pizza. It will seem like a cheat to me...but a healthy cheat.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

~Kristy
Old 09-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #66  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Default Starting Phase 2 Week 3!

Hi everyone,
There are so many posts since I last posted. I can't read them all right now but I skimmed and it looks like people are working hard and doing well. I have been on Phase 2 for 2 weeks. (one more to go and then moving on to Phase 3). I have to say I have been good. I've been following the food and doing the exercise 5 to 6 times a week at the recommended amount. It isn't hard for me. I think my mindset is just "there." (which it has never fully been before). I think this one is IT for me. I guess I'm just finally ready.

Adding food back in was fine. On Phase 1 I lost 10 pounds. The first week on Phase 2 I lost 2.6 pounds. This week the unofficial weight loss is 3.6 bringing the total to 16.2 pounds lost. ( I weigh in officially tomorrow morning)

Good luck everyone! Be strong! It gets easier.

Last edited by happyface; 09-22-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Craving meat and cheese

Hi, I'm new to the group. I like this diet, but today is hard. I am on Phase I and it is day 2. I am not hungry, I just want something greasy and cheesy. And some meat would be GREAT!!! But...I am going to study for an exam and write a paper that is due and hopefully this watermelon will get me over this craving.
From the sound of it, everyone is doing great on this way of eating. Wish me luck and willpower and I'll post when I need to vent or gloat...lol

Stacie
Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #68  
IALAC

Default just my thoughts

Hi everyone again,
I was doing a little reading back through this thread. I see some of you are discouraged by your weight loss or plateau. I wanted to add my thoughts. In my years of having this struggle I have been taught that you lose a lot of water weight in the beginning of a new diet. The first part/phase of any diet tends to bring a lot of loss and then, naturally, it tapers off. A pound or 2 is normal and healthy per week beyond the first part. I don't think if you did Phase 1 for a longer period of time you would lose at the same rate as you did for the first 9 days. I think changing over to Phase 2, shaking it up a bit after your body has adjusted, actually helps promote more weight loss. Doing the same thing for too long won't have the same results as it did in the beginning when it was new. Also if you have already been losing weight and have changed your lifestyle, your body may not react to just starting this diet the way it has for people who were not already eating healthy and exercising. If you haven't done that at all you are bound to lose more than people who have already made significant changes. It isn't as much of a shock to your body. I also believe that if you just make changes you may break through your plateaus. Not doing more of the same exercise but changing it up... not eating less but eating different foods or even more. If eating 4 times is what you are doing now try 5... just shake it up so your body has to react.

That's just my advice. I hope it helps.

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #69  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Default happy face

Hi everyone again,
I was doing a little reading back through this thread. I see some of you are discouraged by your weight loss or plateau. I wanted to add my thoughts. In my years of having this struggle I have been taught that you lose a lot of water weight in the beginning of a new diet. The first part/phase of any diet tends to bring a lot of loss and then, naturally, it tapers off. A pound or 2 is normal and healthy per week beyond the first part. I don't think if you did Phase 1 for a longer period of time you would lose at the same rate as you did for the first 9 days. I think changing over to Phase 2, shaking it up a bit after your body has adjusted, actually helps promote more weight loss. Doing the same thing for too long won't have the same results as it did in the beginning when it was new. Also if you have already been losing weight and have changed your lifestyle, your body may not react to just starting this diet the way it has for people who were not already eating healthy and exercising. If you haven't done that at all you are bound to lose more than people who have already made significant changes. It isn't as much of a shock to your body. I also believe that if you just make changes you may break through your plateaus. Not doing more of the same exercise but changing it up... not eating less but eating different foods or even more. If eating 4 times is what you are doing now try 5... just shake it up so your body has to react.

That's just my advice. I hope it helps.

Good evening Happyface, You gave some great advice , couldnt have
said it better. It is the truth girlfriend. Have agood night and hope to see
more of you.
Hugs LINda
Old 09-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey all,

I have lost another lbs YEA! I am now down 10 lbs. I am in week 2 of phase 2. I actually JUST got my book today. I had ordered it and it took FOREVER to get here. I have just skimmed over it so far. I plan on really reading it tomorrow. I have a question about the boxes in phase 2. Does it work just like phase 1? Can you eat whatever is listed? Or do you have to choose one thing from the boxes per day? Or per meal? I was doing so good until I got the book!! lol. Now I am really confused.

Sherry
Old 09-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #71  
IALAC

Default 17 pounds gone!

Official weigh in... I lost 4.4 pounds this week! I have already passed my September goal by 2 pounds and there's still a week to go!

With the boxes, I think the meat is just one choice per day and 1 fish per day. He does explain that a little bit in that section of the book.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 199/194/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Still hanging in!

Good morning! It's day 6 of Phase one and I'm still hanging in. I had a revelation yesterday. We got a "winners" breakfast for meeting a goal at work and they brought in IHOP. I had ordered an omlette thinking that was at least a better choice than a bunch of pancakes. Well, I only ate a third of it and it was sitting like a rock in my stomach. I won't do that again! I went back to my new regular way of eating, even though I didn't have lunch (salad) till after 2:00, and my stomach was just like " aahhhh thank you!" and I stayed on track the rest of the day. I got up this morning and I'm having my oatmeal and herbal tea. I'm taking my son to a birthday party this afternoon, but I learned my lesson yesterday....I'm going to be good. I can feel the difference already like not being so bloated and just a general sense of well being even in such a short period of time. This is the life plan for me.
Talk to you later!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #73  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Hey Smashers, I have been really busy and have not had a chance to visit the board..I missed you all. From the looks of it everyone is doing great.

I have been sticking to the plan, back on phase 1, it works better for me. I have lost another 3lbs I have been trying to get in a different variety of exercise. Its amazing how much better I feel when I get exhausted from exercise.

EastbayKitten- Thanks for the info on the meat substitute, I couldn't find the brand you named but I did find a similar one and it was very good.

buttercupkitty- I know this is a little late since your out of town now, but Uncle Bens now has a 2 cup package of brown rice already prepared. I have eaten it cold, and you can throw it in a microwave for 90 seconds. It was very handy when I went camping..no measuring.

Happyface- Way to GO!! On your 4.4 lbs and for reaching your goal!! Very good advice you posted the other day!

Chicks- I too am a salt addict, you name it and salt needs to be on it. I did not eliminate salt when I started phase 1 I love salt on my fruit, so if anything I was using more salt. When I added meat in phase 2 I had a definite slowdown in my weight loss. So I went back to Phase 1. Then I read an article about salt and they explained Celtic sea salt is better for you and your metabolism. I was thinking to myself, yea right its going to taste horrible like that nu-salt stuff...YUK!! It was hard to find but I found it And I like it better than regular salt. Unlike regular salt its unrefined so you would have to get a salt grinder. And the nice thing is I am using less.

SCD73-

Last edited by brandilynn24; 09-24-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:20 AM   #74  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Hey Ladies, Hope everone is enjoying their weekend. I am off to a good start today, had Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Yesterday, I exercised twice and Im going to try for that again today. Last night I had fun trying on clothes that didnt fit and surprize I got into a pair of jeans that I could not get anywhere near to zipping and I didnt have to lay down or struggle to get them zipped. WHOO HOO!! Well talk to you chickies later!!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 179/149/127

Height: 5 ft. 7 in

Hi everyone: I had a not so great week. Not eating-wise, but I have been struggling with an upper respiratory infection, so I am really off-track with exercise. I have continued to eat pretty healthy (except one bowl of vanilla ice cream that felt so good on my throat) so I have maintained my same weight. I am going to give myself another day of rest and then probably jump back to the start with Phase One. I could probably just re-start Phase II, but really want to work the program start to finish so I am going to re-start.

happy weekend everyone.