Old 04-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #76  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Bouncy- No it's not Judy!! Sorry to disappoint ya! But I do remember ya!!! I'm so glad to be back!!! Hugs back!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #77  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

It's amazing how 2 days of not eating correctly can mess me up, and I am back to where I was originally with in weight.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 198/193/135

Height: 5 2'

Tera:

Don't feel bad. I am almost back to where I started. Two days off and you screw yourself right back up.

I start again tomorrow!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #79  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, I just found this site last night & am excited to meet some others trying the same thing I am. It is Thursday AM now, & I started extreme fs on Monday morning. So far I have to say I really like it & feel really confident. I typically don't stay on a "diet" for long & usually have already felt hungry, desperate, or defeated at this point, but so far I am feeling great & still really motivated! I'm looking forward to watching others progress & developing a network of "losers" . I wish you all the best of luck!

Now, one thing I'm curious about, what are your favorite songs for walking/running/exercising too? I LOVE my Zen V & it is full of great music & has become my biggest motivator for getting up & walking or exercising, I get to listen to great music! So, what is on YOUR mp3 player?

Looking forward to more posts & pounds lost!

Ciao, Liz
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

A couple songs I like that get me moving are "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service (on the "Grey's Anatomy" season 1 sndtk.), "Common People" by Pulp, and "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas. They're really fast tempo and make me want to run (which is not an easy thing for me to want to do!).

Last edited by Scoutieout; 04-19-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #81  
Back to make it to goal!

Hmm....I've really been working out alot to the kittycat Dolls on my Ipod. It helps keep me pumped.

When I'm feeling nostaligic, I'll put Abba on. LOL
Old 04-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 172/172/130

Height: 5"4

Another good album to work out to is "Fergie", you know the whole "I'm up in the gym tryin to work on my fitness, he's my witness" thing. Gets you motivated!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #83  
Back to make it to goal!

Yeah, I gotta get Fergie on my Ipod...she has good beats to work out by.
Thanks for reminding me! :smile:
Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default EXTREMELY disappointed

Dear FS friends,

I am sorry to have to post this, as many of you are so pumped up by Extreme FS, but I have to say, I read the whole darned, disappointing thing last night and just really felt stupid for spending my money. ( I do have to say, I have bought and read 90% of the diet books on the market, from Fat Flush to The Zone, to Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell, to You on a Diet, to The Perricone Promise, and I would say all of them have merit.......if you have never read Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell, you might gain some very valuable insight..I believe that and the insight I gained from The Zone are what lead to my original effortless, blissful 80# weight loss)

Anyway, I never bought the first book, just started following Phase I as described by 3FC book report. I love it, had a quick weight drop (didn't know I was not supposed to weight! lol) so I am still a very big believer in the wisdom of the plan. The oatmeal fills me up, there is enough dairy for protein and calcium, and the beans allowed, along with hominy and egg whites are a plus, too. I get 35 gms. of fiber with no effort. So....I will stay on the old phase I and will keep you posted as to progress...I would starve on extreme, and the recipes sound so poor compared to what you wonderful ladies are posting. I will be reading to see how you are all doing combining plans; that sounds very creative!

I am pretty sure the reason that watermelon, pineapple and bananas are out in the first part of extreme is that they all have a very high Glycemic Index compared to other choices.

Best of luck to all you Fat Smashers. I still love Phase I and all of you!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #85  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

I think Id have to agree....Ive worked out like a marathoner and eaten like an anorexic...sheesh...no wonder Ive lost like a pound since last week....Im going back to the regular FS too, I think. This book just doesnt make sense!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #86  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

The original Fat Smash was easier for me to follow. I think I'm just going to stick to Phase 1 for a while (or at least until my birthday), and then give another go at Extreme FS.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

I've actually been pretty pleased with Extreme. I am on day 2 of week 2, and am surprised I've stuck with it this long. I have been making a few substitutions of my own: Busch's vegetarian baked beans (whenever the meal plan calls for beans), Slim Fast Optima for the protein shake, playing around with the workout schedules, etc. OH, and chocolate every day - can't live without that!!! (sugar free jello pudding with a dollop of lite cool whip, which is actually quite good) This week I plan to have the whole wheat Lipton rice mixes when the plan calls for brown rice; that is just one thing I can't get around, icky sticky flavorless brown rice...

Yesterday I went on a 3 1/2 hour hike up a mountain (part of the Appalachian Trail), so I am counting that as yesterday's 55 mins. and today's two 35 min. workouts. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I plan to hike another mountain nearby. I also decided that my hike allowed me a chicken breast for dinner, in addition to what the plan called for (1 cup of brown rice and two veggies). So, I am using Extreme as my plan to follow, but with minor tweaks here and there.

Bottom line: I am adding in some extra foods here and there, but I figure that what I am eating each day is within the daily point allotment I am allowed for Weight Watchers, so it's kind of like a combo of the two plans. I've cut out most of the garbage I have been eating for far too long, and exercising on a much better schedule than I've been in a long time, and I did see the 4 lbs. go the first week without feeling hungry or deprived. I'm sorry to hear that people are feeling discouraged, and I agree that the meal plans could include a little more oomph to them - that's why I don't feel guilty about adding a bit here and there to them...as long as what I am adding is not a gazillion cookies and cakes!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #88  
Maeminglea

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

I started the EFS on Sunday and day three still going strong. I am eating a lot and trying to stick with the suggested menu. Yesterday I was tired but that may been because it was Monday. Today I weighed and I had no weight loss so far - but it it just the third day and eating all those beans have made me feel bloated. I plan on sticking with it for a week and a half before I go out of town. If I noticed an improvement then when I get back home I'll complete the three weeks.

Waiting and Seeing