Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 198/193/135

Height: 5 2'

Hi Alynne:

Since the Extreme is the way to take off 12 pounds in 3 weeks, you could use it. Most of us have more to lose than 10 pounds (lucky you!, but I haven't finished reading the entire Extreme book yet because I am focusing on the detox. That is actually another way you could go would be the detox. That would ensure that you lose your weight. But because you are so close to your goal weight, the weight may come off much slower for you. But detoxing would be my first choice and then you could just start off with the extreme. Once you do the extreme after the the 3 weeks there is a maintenance portion in the book that would take you through the rest of your life!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #62  

Just wanted to say hey... Haven't been on here for ages..
And been yo-yoing with losing and gaining.. I went off track with FS and just couldn't get back on track again.. So doing weight watchers.. So far so good.. I would like to do FS again as it stops my cravings for bread and chocolate.. But its getting through the 3 days of phase one after that the rest of Detox i can get through.. I got through it the first time.. Its when I went on to the 2nd phase I went off track.. I am a vegetarian also.. (the only meat I will eat is fish but I can not eat it every day..) I don't mind eggs but can not eat them every day.. But I hate meat.. So find it hard to find stuff what is Ok on FS..

Tinky Welcome back.. Hope you had a nice easter..

Welcome to all the new members.. Hope you all had a nice easter..

Whats different about this Extreme Fat smash (detox.. and the other phases..)

Anyways Talk to you all laters..
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #63  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by December9 View Post
Good Morning Kelli:

It is a cleansing. It is for people with different symptoms and they list three of the symptoms in the magazine. If you want to know more about the Fat Flush Diet go to FatFlush.com (I think) There was someone that came on this thread and said that it was a good plan, but this is the best detox that I have ever done. It is true that you do lose a pound a day. I have never been on the scale and it has moved everyday. I have been on the program for 5 days and I am down 5 pounds! So something is working correctly.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME TO EXERCISE!
Kelli: the Fat Flush Plan is an excellent detox plan. You really should stick strictly to the program, though. (Sorry December... no crab cakes or spaghetti!)

I did the eating plan, plus 20-30 minutes of treadmill work a day, plus a colonic once a month (no, it's not required in the plan, but it helps me). My digestive health *really* improved.

TMI ALERT!
I would sometimes go 7 days without a bowel movement. Not fun. Not comfortable. The only way I am regular is with clean eating, moderate regular exercise, and colonics. The ground flaxseed seems to help. I still do it.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #64  

Question Please Help

I posted this question yesterday but didn't get an answer. In the snack section of EFS it has a box that lists four or five different food items as "free snacks" one of these free snacks is hard boiled egg whites could someone please tell me that that means we can have unlimited egg whites. I know carrots and celery sticks are unlimited as Dr.Ian states that earlier in the book but thats the only two food items he says you can have unlimited amounts in between your meals and scheduled snacks if you are to get hungry so I'm confused on these free snacks. I had this problem with his first book on several things that were confusing. I wish there was a question and answer section on his web site and that it was maintained on a daily basis.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #65  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

On Extreme FS, are the meat/fish measurements on cooked or uncooked meat? Sorry, I looked over the book ten times and didnt see it
Old 04-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #66  
Kelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo88 View Post
I posted this question yesterday but didn't get an answer. In the snack section of EFS it has a box that lists four or five different food items as "free snacks" one of these free snacks is hard boiled egg whites could someone please tell me that that means we can have unlimited egg whites. I know carrots and celery sticks are unlimited as Dr.Ian states that earlier in the book but thats the only two food items he says you can have unlimited amounts in between your meals and scheduled snacks if you are to get hungry so I'm confused on these free snacks. I had this problem with his first book on several things that were confusing. I wish there was a question and answer section on his web site and that it was maintained on a daily basis.

I would assume free means you can have as much as you want.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 198/193/135

Height: 5 2'

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone is well and still following along with the program. I had a bad day yesterday with the eating because of a staff meeting, but I am back on track today. Didn't get to exercise last night, but I will get in double today to make up for yesterday.

Kelli:

I'm not sure about the meat thing. I really have to buckle down and read the new book since I will be using both. I started reading it, but had to put it down. I probably will get to it this weekend.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #68  

I bought the extreme fat smash today and it looks great to me. It looks like something I could stick to more than the original fat smash. I also made joined the website for the free 10 day trial and it sucks I don't know what I was thinking but it is way not worth paying for. The menu plan choices are bizarre. Nothing I would really eat and it's even a bit different from the book I thought it would give me further clarification but it just confused me even more. I'm going to cancel Monday.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #69  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

For me, the EFS is WAY more do-able than the original. I find that I'm not hungry as much and there's more variety.

MamaBanana - I always use the portions of the meat in the pre-cooked state. In the recipes, he states how many ounces and it before you start cooking. It's not really clear in the book, but that's what I do! Hope it helps you out.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #70  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Hi there Lilac!!! It's great to see an "old" face! I'm glad you're back w/ us.
Are you going to start on the first Fat Smash?
I had a great Easter, I ate too too much! LOL
Old 04-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #71  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky009 View Post
Hi there Lilac!!! It's great to see an "old" face! I'm glad you're back w/ us.
Are you going to start on the first Fat Smash?
I had a great Easter, I ate too too much! LOL
Tinky are you JUdy?lol How is it going. Iam back a smashing. Third day
and going strong. Iam on reg fs.Want to go on exteme after the 9th day.
Thinking about starting on sunday. NOt sure yet. I feel so much better
on fs.Well if your not JUdy hello anyway!! hew!! hew!!! have a great night
Hugs LINda
Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #72  

I still don't get the snacking on cycle 1 in the book it has the snack lists but which snacks can you have on cycle 1? Or can you only have fruits/veggies and the free foods?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #73  
Kelli

Is anyone having problems on Extreme FS yet? Im concerned cos the calories when all laid out for the day end up VERY low. For Cycle 1, VERY low...without the 2 100 cal snacks, I only come up with under 1000 calories, which for a week - cant that throw you into starvation mode where your body might even resist losing at all and gain???? Just wondering how you all feel about this..it makes me nervous. Especialy with all the working out...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #74  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

2Much -

In cycle 1, you can have the free foods along with any of the snacks listed at the back of the book. A snack is any one of the ones listed. EFS is way less restrictive than the original Fat Smash. It almost sounds too good to be true! For example today, for my snacks I had a 1/2 of a Luna protein bar, 5 saltine crackers with peanut butter and I munched on baby carrots in between my meals. I find that I'm hungry more often the days I work out early in the morning.
Does this help you out? I hope so!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:24 AM   #75  

But he says in the beginning of the book that you can't have peanut butter in cycle 1? And a lot of those snack choices don't fit the rules of cycle 1. I think he likes to confuse people. I'm emailing him ha ha.