Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #1  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Get Ready to go to the EXTREME!!!

Being the not so patient person that I am , I ran out and bought the new Extreme Fat Smash Book and I haven't been able to put it down! I've been reading it while walking around the house and doing various activities! It's GREAT to say the least. It really explains alot and gives you much more wiggle room in the food department. I have my menu all set for tomorrow and the rest of the week and I'm pretty stoked!
I just came back from camping and stuck to the Fat Smashing (for the most part) but who can resist S'Mores when you're camping.......I couldn't!!
At any rate, I think you'll all love the new book.
Happy Extreme Smashing Everyone!!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #2  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell829 View Post
It really explains alot and gives you much more wiggle room in the food department.
Yay! That is awesome, I can't wait to get the book and see what foods I can get away with eating.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

I posted in the support thread that I'm not that thrilled about the new plan. (Sorry to be a downer - LOL!)

It's pretty regimented and seems to be geared towards a "quick loss" diet vs. building a foundation for healthy eating. For the first 7 days, there's a set menu. I really don't like that, but my eating style might be different than some others.

One thing that concerned me was that Dr. Ian Smith does not allow pineapple or banana in Stage 1. I eat *a lot* of pineapple and banana now on Fat Smash. I wonder if I'm sabotaging my weight loss...?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #4  
diosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachinma View Post
One thing that concerned me was that Dr. Ian Smith does not allow pineapple or banana in Stage 1. I eat *a lot* of pineapple and banana now on Fat Smash. I wonder if I'm sabotaging my weight loss...?

I'm also curious about this I really want to know why we can have those fruits on Fat Smash, but not Extreme Fat Smash. I love pineapples and bananas.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #5  
Spin Shell Spin

I'm trying to research the banana and pineapple thing as well. It only lists it in certain spots like for breakfast. A banana was ALWAYS a part of my breakfast.
Hey, not everyone is going to like it, but being more regimented is something I need.
I'm thinking of combining the 2 Smash diets, a little more strict on P1 (first rotation) but having a little more fulfilling snacks, I love my protein bars.
As long as we keep smashing whether it's Extreme or not!
I have to say, the 1st day on the Extreme diet, I didn't have the hunger pangs as much as I did with the other P1. I didn't feel "full" but I wasn't hungry either. I also did a spin class tonight after work. I'll keep you guys posted as to whether the weight comes off easier.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #6  
diosa

I'm curious to know if I can replace the 4 oz of fish with a vegetarian alternative. Maybe a veggie burger or tofu would be alright. I don't want to hinder the weight loss because of it, but I'm not going to start eating meat just because I'd lose the maximum amount of weight.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/193/135

Height: 5 2'

Red face Get Ready to go to the EXTREME!!!!

In the first section of the new book, (which I love by the way), Dr. Ian explains that it is not a quick fix diet book. If you are looking to lose more than 12 pounds in three weeks (losing 4 pounds per week), then this is not the book for you. He says that you should be using the first Fat Smash Diet book. You will still get the results. You go through cycles. You can repeat the cycles, but do not use the maintenance cylcle until you reach your goal.

I have decided to work with both books at the same time. I will do the 9 day detox and then start using the three week cycles and rotate from detox to the three week cycles until I get to my goal weight and then go to maintenance. As Dr. Ian states, you have to trick the body so you can't continuously do the same thing over and over again. That is the same thing with exercise, you have to change your programs out every 4 to 6 weeks so that the body does not have a chance to plateau.

As far as the banana and pineapples, could it be from the excess sugar that is in both? Just a question.

I love this site! I just found it two days ago, but it is the best site EVER!

Beverly
Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #8  
Spin Shell Spin

You're right Beverly, it's not a relpacement to the first Fat Smash but an alternative. I plan to combine the 2 diets as well and customize it. I like the explanations from Dr. Ian, it puts a lot in perspective for me.

Veggielady -
In the new book on Day 4 of cycle 1 it says you can have one small Boca burger or Morning Star. But, it doesn't say it until day 4.
You really don't start any of the meats or Boca burgers until Day 4, before that it's all pretty much a repeat of P1 (only a shorter version).
Hope that helps.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #9  
diosa

I'll probably start Extreme Fat Smash on Monday, since I have a feeling I'm going to cheat on Sunday.

Shell829, make sure you update your progress, I'm really interested to know how you do.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #10  

Good Evening Ladies:

Since there are a few of us on this thread, why don't we just keep it going, letting each other know how well the program is working for us. I will definately be starting on Monday. I may even start on Sunday, depending on if my kids come home from their older brother's house on Sunday.

I would really like to get to know some of you on this thread.

Beverly
Old 04-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #11  
diosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by December9 View Post

Since there are a few of us on this thread, why don't we just keep it going, letting each other know how well the program is working for us.

Beverly
Sounds like a great idea.

I know that some of you ladies mentioned combining this diet and the other Fat Smash diet. I was thinking about doing the Extreme's 3 cycles, and then after that do the Fat Smash phases.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All!
I'm new to this thread, and happy to have found it, as I'm thinking of starting the Fat Smash. I need to lose quite a bit of weight, and am wondering if I should start off with the first book? I really need a more regimented type of program, and this looks like it could be the real deal.

I welcome any and all suggestions! Thanks!

Emily
Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies:

I have added this page to my favorites, so all I have to do is pull up this individual thread.

So, let me start this "Get to Know You" off with some things about me.

I am 49 years old. Have been overweight since my teen days, lost some here, gained back more, had kids (3) 30, 16 & 15. Married and just trying to live my next half of my life, happier and healthier, plus a little skinnier than now.

I learned about the Fat Smash Diet by watching Dr. Ian on the Celebrity Fit Club about 2 years ago. Really didn't know it was an actual diet until last year. Thought it was just another one of those "Fly by night" diets, and decided to forgo it and find something else. Well, the name of this book kept haunting me in a good way. Kept me thinking about it. I did research on it, looking it up on the website, doing Google and then finally 2 weeks ago decided to order the first book and found that Dr. Ian created a 2nd book that was just released "Fat Smash Extreme"! Well, I am hooked and the way he talks to you, it finally clicks.

So, I am going to do my grocery shopping in a bit to start for my 9 day detox. I decided that I am going to use the first Fat Smash Book (it is only 8 weeks in total), by the time I finish it will be the first week of June and I will do the detox again and then start with the Extreme!

Actually, Dr. Ian is heading this program called the 50 Million Pound Program which is being sponsored by State Farm. I also signed up for that one. I don't know if you all have heard about this program, but he is using the Fat Smash Diet as part of the program. I will find out the link for you and post it later. I am excited, because before I found out about the 50 Million Pound Program, I had purchased the book. They are actually in Washington, DC today with a host of other celebrities. I live in Maryland so I was excited to hear about it.

I have 60 pounds to lose and we can do this together!

How many of you are in. We need to be a strong support system for each other.

I will check in later. Actually I am going to eat really horribly today (confession) because I will be starting my detox tomorrow (yes, Easter Sunday). Just as Jesus was resurrected, I am declaring my new body resurrection.

Join me and lets get healthy together!!!!!

Beverly

Last edited by December9; 04-07-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Found errors in my writing.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #14  

Can someone tell me how to get the tickers that you have. I am "Tickerless"!

Thank you

Beverly
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #15  
diosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by December9 View Post
Can someone tell me how to get the tickers that you have. I am "Tickerless"!

Thank you

Beverly
Go to your user CP page and click on edit signature. There should be an example tracker. Click on that to create your own and then add it to your signature.