Old 04-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #214

Welcome!

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
Old 04-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #2  

Default Checkin in

Hope you all don't mind but as it is the beginning of a new month lets start a new thread.

Anyway the weight is starting to come off.Have lost 2.8 pounds since March 22 - and feeling good about it. Have been using the program put out by www.***********.com

Have been doing well on my walking also. Yesterday was able to get in 4 miles - which is really something for me when you think that 2 weeks 1/2 mile was difficult to achieve.

But I have 'seen the light' so to speak and see the changes I need to make - and with making them I am starting to reap the reward

Have to run - it is 9 am = need to do my devotions - then off to do many chores - and to get another day in walking a total of 4 miles.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink Rest Of My Post

BACK AGAIN GALS~

I was bossed right out of #213 by MARILYN , so I will finish here.

REBA and RYLEE had a great time at dog park today. It was clean-up day so we walked the area with trash bags, raked the sticks out of the kids play area, swept up all the dirt, that the maingy mutts drag into the park area from the wooded area ~ I am soooo glad my dogs are well behaved and respectable ya gotta be kiddin' me

Angie is off to bell practice now. I spent about 10 minutes trying to capture a gopher that is digging all over my yard and bank. I have been able to flush him to a hole, the last couple of days, but by the time I get my shovel close to his head he ducks!! I have gotten a few like that but I am getting slower in my old age!! I feel like I am losing the game at Chucky

BIG NEWS OF THE DAY Ryan has just headed over to his girlfriends house to ask permission from her folks to marry their daughter. His girl is up in Hollywood this morning, some of her dance girls are performing today. He plans to ask her next Friday after they go to dinner and to "their" spot at the beach.

HILARY~ Back to my previous post ~ my step-d and nephew have betas ~ how do they join the club?

AUNT SUE Angie was very tired this morning, I asked her if she wanted me to send the dogs in (their routine is I uncrate them from their room then send them into bed with Angie ~ usually at 5:30 during the week and then 6-6:30 on the week-end) she said yea even though it was the week-end and 5:30 she couldn't sleep anymore ~ then she says "at least we set the clocks ahead tonight so I will get an EXTRA hour of sleep tomorrow." Well after like I explained to my "teacher" wife how it works!

phone..............
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK AUNT SUE, my mom just called from Illinois. Anyway i hope you had a nice day on the porch and not too much today.

MARILYN~ I am so proud of you for walking! 4 miles is AWESOME for you. I hope your chores are EASY!!!

Well off to my chores....need to finish before the UCLA BRUIN basketball game tonight!!

I AM ADDING THIS IN SATURDAY AFTERNOON ~ THE BOY RECEIVED TOTAL SUPPORT FROM HIS GIRLFRIEND'S PARENTS!
Get out and worship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-01-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hi,
I'm 28, fairly new Christian, married, mom to almost 5 yr. old daughter-very spirited child.
Also mom to betta fish-Bo Bo, and hamster-Big Momma(ok..i'm her grandma)
and mom to dog-Sweet Pea.

I live in Ga, moved here from FL. end of November 2005.

Been a stay at home mom since the move...
otherwise..i've been working since i was 16.

Daughter going to kindegarten in the fall.....
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

CAMPBELLREDHEAD ~

Maybe you can get Bo-Bo into HILARY'S aka PIXIEFALLS parade at the Rose Bowl

UCLA WINS!!!!!

Can't wait until the championship game on Monday
Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hey everyone. I missed you guys so here I am.

Sue -- thank you! I'm excited that I was picked to be in the honor's society. I've got to get on the ball about applying for college and stuff though.

Gary -- Hehe thank you! What are the "betas" you are talking about? haha.. well I'm assuming dogs. Oh I'm just silly.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Gary,

I wasn't at the dog park today!
couldn't resist teasing a little!

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #9  

Default Update - drum roll please

Ok guys I am going to pat myself on the back - I am making some progress.

I started my new program March 22
Today is Day 12 of the program - 3.1 pounds lost

And if you check my ticker for walking you will see I have not gotten 40 miles in!! -
March 31 = walked 4 miles
April 2 = walked 4 miles

Am doing it and feeling so good about it.

About walking / steps for the day. Not sure if I shared this with you but this is some info that I received on my program

Average person only walks 5,000 steps per day. It is approx. 2 1/2 miles.

In order to maintain health we need to walk 10,000 steps per day. This would be about 5 miles - so in general everyone is falling short by about 1/2.

In order to walk to lose weight a person should get in between
12,000 to 15, 000 steps - which is between 6 and 7 1/2 miles each day.

I am only getting in 4 miles now so just about up to where the average person should be to stay healthy - am looking at working it up to 15,000 + steps - want to be able to get in 8 miles of walking every day - which means really making a lot of life changes - but just getting in the 4 miles has been an improvement and I now see just how much time I spend 'sitting' and it is not good.

So up and way I go - aiming to get in as many 4 mile days as possible for April .
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Good Monday Morning

I am really tired this morning. Got the crazy notion last night at around 11:00 to start reading a book. Don't really remember when I put it down. Everything is going well on this end. Will be heading to my exercise class tonight, now that I am mostly recovered from the last. I went to a body sculpting class and I thought I was going to die. I think I better stick with the jazzercize for now.

I know this is short but will post more later.

Take care and God bless.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #11  

Hi everyone

Doing better this week. Really trying to get the water going and watching what I eat. Talked my daughter into walking to Wendy's for a salad for supper. It is about 2 miles away, so we walked 4 all together. My daughter is doing really well at watching herself. She just got accepted into the university of her choice. Now she has to decide which of the two courses that she wants to take. My son is also thinking of swithchig over to that university. He finds it really lonely living where he is now at college. It would be good to have them both in the same city in Canada while we are down here.
No offers on the house yet. The market has really slowed down. There are more houses up for sale than buyers. We may end up renting this one for a year and then trying to sell it. Looking for guidance from the Lord.
Started the Makers's diet with my bible study group. Does anyone have any thoughts about eating organic food? I am not sure that it is worth the money cause they don't fully regulate the industry. I understand the principal behind the organic but am not sure about laying out for something that is really the same as what you can buy in the grocery store.
mavnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi!

I've been very grouchy today for absolutely no reason. I don't know if its PMS or what. I'm feeling a bit better now and thought I'd post a little.

I had a really nice relaxing weekend. The sidewalks are starting to dry up so I should be able to get out and walk any day now.

Mavnan: Where in Canada do you live when you're here?

Beth: I know how you feel. I love to read but try not to read too late but if that book won't let you put it down......

Sprout: WTG on the weight loss. You're doing great! I guess I have some serious work to do to get that 5 miles in each day!

Campbell: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Gary: That's great news about Ryan. Keep us posted on how it went!

I'm cooking an interesting dinner. I'll let you know how it turns out. You put rice, chicken broth, Miracle Whip and chili powder in a skillet. Top with chicken breasts and cook until it's done. 25 minutes. It does smell good. I'm making a nice strawberry, spinach salad to compliment it.

Have a good evening!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS~

Just checking in after work. No time to post much because the big game is on tonight. Angie is soooooo sad to see MARCH MADNESS end. My team is still in it ~~~~~~~~~~UCLA Bruins!!! If they win, I win 2 pools!

Sorry you didn't get your walk in today REBA ~~ but with the game and all..... Looking forward to "meeting" you...gotta go.....

Prayers for all ~ Gary
Old 04-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #14  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hi guys.

Marilyn -- congrats on the weightloss and your good progress.

Beth -- wish you the best with your exercise!

Wilma -- that does sound interesting to taste; do tell us how it turns out!

Mavnan -- wish you the best (I don't like to say good luck even though it's a habit.. but I don't believe in luck) with your diet. I'm not sure how "organic" organic food really is.

Gary -- also wish your team the best.

I just want to ask of you guys to pray for my aunt who needs healing (she was diagnosed with cancer as I told you guys once before). I'm also hoping to not be getting sick so any prayers for me and good health are well welcomed too! Thank you guys for everything.

<3 I'll try to be back later on. Have a great night.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Here's the recipe I tried last night. It was quite good. I served it with a salad.

Miracle Chicken Skillet Prep: 10 min Total: 45 min

1/4 cup Miracle Whip dressing
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked (I used normal rice and it worked)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (if using normal rice use 3 cups)
1 tbsp. chili powder
4 bonesless skinless chicken breasts
1 tomato chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix dressing, rice, broth and chili powder in a large skillet. Top with chicken.

Bring to boil, cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 min.

top with remaining ingredients. cook an additional 10 min.

Makes 4 servings.

I don't have a lot of time to post. I just want to wish you all a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote