Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #46  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Kathy, in choir, had gotten bronchitis during the holidays and then went to Mexico and back. The Dr's think the plane ride might have caused the clots in her lungs. Yes I was told it is very serious, she has to lay flat on her back. They don't want the clots moving to her heart or brain. I didn't end up making it to the hospital yesterday and definitely plan on going today. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers.

Endirka Praying that it is God's will that you are able to get a leave of absence from the teachers union.

Thanks for your replies regarding that crazy company.

I went to weigh in yesterday and as expected I had gained 2 lbs. I'm back on track know and hoping to see better results soon.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #47  

Default Another beautiful day

What is it like at your place - here the sun is shining, the Rocky Mountains with the snow on them look very pretty from my living room window. Is only 37 degrees out so a bit chilly but with the sun shinning - can't feel down

Priscilla is out with Anna - should be back in time for lunch.
Norm is down working on his computer.
Dishwasher is going
House is in reasonal shape

And me - I am taking a bit of time here on my computer in the peace and quiet of the house.

One thing I need to do today and will be doing is walking. Need to add a few more miles to my monthly 'exercise chart.'

ttmom - seems I might have missed a post here - Looking forward to getting to know you

doitforme - good morning - how is your day going - good I hope

Gamababa - sorry to hear how the 'job interview went/didn't go' - but God has a hand it everything so it was meant to be - keep us posted on how it is going

Gary - what is the next 'meal' going to be - always look forward to hear about your cooking - of course also enjoy reading about the family - and those wonderful 'dogs.' - by the way how is the walking going

To all that I have not said 'hello' to - HELLO - looking forward to hearing from all of you.

4 pounds lost / 9 miles walked for the month of January 2006 with more to come

Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #48  

Default Journal thought for the day

Journal thought for today:

Tell God the 'things' you need in your life. Confess the places where you have had little success trying to fix these things. Tell Him specifically how you will give Him first place today
Old 01-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday Night

HI LADIES

Not much happening around here today...mostly napping! I worked last night from 6pm to 1am plus 5 hours of total driving to HOLLYWOOD and back. Easy to stay awake on the job there, the building is street level with huge glass windows ~~ those of us working there stay "entertained" by the street freaks of Los Angeles!

Got home at 3am, went to bed but got up at 5am to see my daughter off, dozed for a few minutes then son got up making noise and to shower, then a few minutes later Angie got up and let the mutts in ~~ SLEEP OVER!! But boy did I get lots of kisses. I usually get the Reba and Rylee out of their crates in the morning, then let them in bed with Angie ~~ so when it is the other way around they get extra excited.

TONIGHT'S MENU Oriental Chicken and Rice:

Makes 4 servings

3 chicken breasts
a couple of garlic cloves, small onion, a red a green pepper cut in small pieces
1tablespoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
20 oz of pineapple chunks and juice
2 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
half teaspoon ginger
2 cups COOKED rice

Saute red and green peppers, garlic and onion in a little oil until onion limp ~ REMOVE from skillet and keep warm ~ add another tablespoon of oil and cook "cubed" boneless skinless chicken breasts until white ~ mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and some pineapple juice in a small bowl ~ then combine the chicken with the onion and pepper mixture ~ add the pineapple chunks and rest of the juice, brown sugar, vinegar and ground or freshly grated ginger. Heat to boiling then add cornstarch mixture ~ Stir constantly until the sauce is thickened and heated through ~ Serve immediately over hot COOKED rice.

(I use all the pineapple juice but only half the pineapple)

I was at work when the family ate last night, I guess the kids all like the beef and lentil soup but Angie said it was~~ OK She said something was really strong in it she didn't like, I said maybe? the fresh rosemary ~ yep! that was it, she said. I agree, next time I think I will skip the rosemary or at least half it.

If you gals want that recipe you can look it up on the food network website ~ it is a recipe from the Everyday Italian gal ~ Giada De Laurentiis.

MARILYN~ The walking is going well, took the mutts out yesterday for 45 minutes. Maybe later tonight, it is nice here, should be no colder than 60 this evening. Glad you are getting some much needed ? at least DESERVED! ME TIME

GAMABABA3 Boy did you get jerked around by that company! See how God is looking out for you! No way He wants you there, or so it appears right now. Prayers for kathy.

ENDIRKA~ Boy talk about being from the heartland of America! I hope all works out for you with your teacher's union. I am not sure what the rules are here for teachers, have to ask my wife. My wife is a 6th grade language arts teacher and my son teaches History to juniors and Economics to seniors in high school.

AUNT SUE~ Sounds like a great trip this summer with the youth. But HEY! who's gonna keep an eye on our neice? I remember years ago when I took my kids up to northern Washington to visit friends, we were going to ferry into Canada for the day ~However~ they had just changed the law and if there was only one parent present (which I wasn't aware of when I left for the trip) I needed to have their birth certificates with me and my ex-wife's permission in order to get in, which of course I didn't have with me at the time. I guess this was to keep single parents (which I was at the time) from kidnapping their own kids! Anyway since it was only going to be a day trip we just skipped it and didn't bother having the birth certificates and Brenda's OK sent up.

But here is the FUNNY PART Angie's ex is a real piece of work! My step daughter had an all-star softball tournament in Spokane, Washington several years ago, Angie was up there with her and so was her ex, anyway, He says that after the tournament he was going to take Lara to Canada and to Yellowstone before he headed home (that was no problem) ~ Well, Angie tells him that he can't take her into Canada without her permission ~~ Of course RULES DO NOT APPLY TO HIM! He just laughed and said RIIIIIIGHT! Of course Angie would give permission, but since MR. KNOW IT ALL had his usual attitude towards her she just said fine. Well, HE WAS RIGHT! He did get her INTO CANADA ~~ But he COULDN"T GET HER OUT!! He had to "humble himself" and call to have her talk to an official!
Enjoy the movie with the nephew.

BETH~ prayers for your mom.

KIRSTEN~Yes it will be a shock to my step-daughter. But she has been to NY several times and goes to Utah with her dad somtimes in the winter ~~ but NY in the winter is nothing like sunny southern California winters!!

HILARY~ DEPRESSION IS OVER!! Lets go! angie was really feeling the "blues" awhile back ~~ she started back on her daily routine of running and yoga ~ PUSHING HERSELF when she didn't feel like it ~~ much better now, in fact she came home from work just a minute ago and ran out with both dogs for a run! You are too young to get the "blues" ~~ Let's see what we can do about it? OK, the gym ~~ gets you started on that so sexy YOU that you always wanted Youth group has got you in the RIGHT PLACE for fellowship ~~ looks like all you need is a good kick it the rear from your coach ~~MOVE IT GIRL!! Prayers for you!

DIANE~continued prayers for the little guy.

WILMA~Continued prayers for your son!

CHRISTINA~Any law school news?

Well ~~ gotta get the chicken going....later gals
Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #50  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hi group! I have been MIA a couple of days..It is late for me, as I am usually in bed by now.... I have lots to catch up on in the next few days! WOW!

I have an urgent prayer request: I came home from work to a message from my girl...Laura. She's the daughter of my ex-number two.(the good guy)..my best little buddy and precious "daughter".
She was going into the hospital in Plano, for surgery, tonight.....she is having most of her colon removed, and will have the pouch (temporary) for 6-8 weeks. She's had severe problems for several years and it has worsened since the birth of her son, 5 months ago. She has been very ill for so long now. They were to do surgery around 6:00 PM tonight. Please agree with me for speedy healing and God's peace to surround her and her family at this time.
I really appreciate it!

I'll be back to play catch up soon! I see we have some new folks and new needs presented for prayer....... it takes moments to be behind here, but that is a GOOD thing, as it represents many reaching out, encouraging, supporting and uplifting one another! God bless each of you, and may He meet each of you at your point of need , right now....
Love and hugs...Bren
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 AM   #51  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone, just a quick drive by before I go to bed! GARY!!! Don't tease me!!! (Only kidding) No law school news yet, and it's going to be a torturous looooooooooooooooooooong wait. The earliest I'm expecting anything is mid-February. Law school X, will you be my Valentine? oh, purty please? Heehee...as soon as I hear something I will let you all know. Gosh, I'll be so excited that I'll be letting all of God's creation know!

Another prayer request for you all. My dad heard a rumor that the customer service center he works at is going to be outsourced to the Phillipines soon , meaning that he will be sans job. I hope that this is just a mindless RUMOR and that it doesn't happen because my parents just got to the stage where they're getting secure and comfortable, and I know it would present a major hardship.

I'll get back in here soon to respond individually to more posts. For now, lots of prayers, happy thoughts, sunshine, and hugs for everyone!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #52  

Default Hi

Maryann is still hanging in there she is now in the last stages, she isn't eating or drinking anything is in pretty much coma type state. Just be medicated. Pray she goes peacefully and without pain. Sad to watch her fight to breath.
Endrika- Thanks! Amen! God is Good!!!!!!!!!
Gamababa3 Keeping Kathy in prayer for healing that is scary. Don't sweat the 2 lbs just get back on track and sounds like you did.
Sprout- Wonderful! Rocky mountains w/snow sounds absolutely beautiful
E.Z.- love the story! Too funny! Kalee will probably stay with her mom, who can't get the week off and go to grandma's during the day well her mom works. She is getting a wee bit spoiled. Don't know why!!!!! She is cute though.
Bren- Prayers for Laura
Christina- Prayers for your dad's job, and great law school news coming.
Hi to everyone else! Off to go home for weekend. God Bless. See ya ! sue
Old 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Whoa - missed a day.

Hello everyone and thank you for all your prayers for my mom. She hopefully will know something today or however long after an MRI it takes (it is scheduled for today) She is in good spirits.

Marilyn I have this dream of living somewhere with mountains close by. I have never really been big into ocean, but a mountaineous backdrop, trees, nature, etc really is beautiful and calming and I am thinking a far cry better than the background of 4 million people, billboards, skyscrapers and about a million cars everyday and long hot summers that last about 10 months. Am I crazy? My husband and I are biding our time until our kids are out of high school, then we are, hopefully, away from this place.

Doitforme First, prayers for Maryanne and comfort and peace in her final precious days. Prayers for her family and friends too.

You are involved in your church's youth prayer group? My husband and I both are involved in our youth group nights and our church's prayer ministry group. Actually, we help serve in the kitchen during youth group, but we fellowship with the kids. Kinda hard not to when you got 4 youth that go too. I just started a new "job" with my prayer group. I record the devotion and prayer on our prayer line and keep up with prayer request. Our church is really really big into prayer request. We take them by paper, person, phone, e-mail, message, 2nd party. Isn't prayer great?

Gamababa 3 Sorry to hear of the job interview/email you received. I am with the others on that one. It wasn't the place for you. Keep the faith though, something will come your way. Something even better. You can do it.

Prayers for your friend Kathy that the doctors can help her and figure out what is causing her illness and help heal her.

TTMom If you feel strongly that you need to be home with your kids then God will find a way for you, meaning that either the union will approve or if they don't then you will just need to really listen to your heart. Either way a window will be open for you. It will work out!

Gary Yummy recipe. I had to copy it. Anytime you want to share, please do. I keep a file of recipes that I want to try.

Great story of Canada. My friend and I a few years ago took our daughters (we were both single moms at the time) to Canada for the day to visit Fort Williams (I think that is the name). Anyway, they only asked for our license. It is kinda good to see that they are getting more strict. Our borders are too loose and unprotected. I was just watching on TV about the tunnel between Tijuana and Southern California (San Diego, maybe?) that had a bunch of pot. They said it is used for smuggling drugs and illegal aliens and that it wasn't even the first one they found. Scary.

Bren Welcome back. I, like you, missed almost 2 days. It is easy to get behind. I can honestly say that today I read through all the post. Most days I have to skim. I will pray for your daughter Laura for healing, comfort, and strength. Also, prayers for the family. Take care girl.

Christina Whhhaaattt!!! You mean you haven't heard anything yet from any of those colleges. They should have all gotten back to you - like yesterday - kidding. But, seriously, I will definately keep you dad in prayers. "Outsourcing" used to be a dirty word in our house. My husband's last job was also threatened for at least the last two years he was there. Alot of stress. Luckily, he was blessed with a new and much improved job. He is excited about it. I think the biggest sting in outsourcing is not just jobs going to the outside, but jobs going over seas. It can't be good for the economy in the long run. I am not an economics whiz, but it just seems that way.

Hello Kirsten, Wilma, Diane, and everybody else. Take care and God bless.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I gotta be quick ~~ heading off to my yearly ear check-up in a few minutes. I ran across something that Ithought was funny this morning on our local web news. Guess there was a try-out for Biggest Loser here in town, guess they had to cancel it ~~ The headline read:

Biggest Loser Try-Outs Canceled Due To Heavy Turn-Out~~ thought that was ...the heavy part...but then that is ME!

It had to due with too many people for the amount of security available.

www.nbcsandiego.com

BETH~ you may find something on that tunnel too...

gotta jam............be back later
Old 01-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #55  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Marilyn, thank you for your concern.. I'm doing better now emontionally but my cold took a turn for the worse a couple of days ago and that is why I am at home. I'm getting better though.

Beth, no doubt.. I will of course pray for your mother!<3 let us know how she is doing.

Brenda, and of course I will pray for your daughter, please also update us on her.

Gary, depression was over the next day.. I don't what got into me. Maybe it was lack of exercise. Yeah, once my cold doesn't have me stuck in the bed I'm going to at least start up my pilates again. Pilates *always* made me feel good. So I thank you for your pushing. Don't give it up! I was stuck in depression for a couple years when I was younger.. won't even get into that because I was so naive.. children these days, what's up with them. I'm glad she is doing better.. actually, it sounds like she is doing GREAT and that's wonderful.. that's how I'm going to feel. Haha yeah I think so, and that's true.. I started on it and I'm going to finish it. Thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY
I gotta be quick ~~ heading off to my yearly ear check-up in a few minutes. I ran across something that Ithought was funny this morning on our local web news. Guess there was a try-out for Biggest Loser here in town, guess they had to cancel it ~~ The headline read:

Biggest Loser Try-Outs Canceled Due To Heavy Turn-Out~~ thought that was ...the heavy part...but then that is ME!

Anyway,
I pray peace for you all! I'll be back tonight to see how everyone is doing.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #56  

Default Friday already! !

Already the last Friday of January 2006 - got to get moving as time is coming and going without me otherwise.

It is sunny here again today - but a bid chilly - wind is starting to pick up. So I will stay inside and keep warm

Had a bad night because of acid reflux - so am back on meds for awhile to 'heal' up this problem - again

Gary - that is too funny about the Biggest Loser. Watched it this week - the Special Edition with the 2 families that have restaurents. Next week they show which of the two families wins the money. I was pleased to see that the one young girl (a teen) that they found out was showing signs of adult diabetics lost 21 pounds and there is no signs of this problem any longer. I thought the receipe you shared looked good - printed it out and am going to include it in my 'tested' recipes - hope to try it within the week.

Beth - praying for your mom and also you - the Lord is with you both

Sue (doitforme) - praying for Maryann - may she go home to be with the Lord without to much more suffering / pain and may her family and friends find peace through all of this

crk - will be praying for your family re work - there is a time in life that we don't need those kinds of pressure / concerns

Bren (blondie) - will be praying for your 'daughter' - she is in God's hand and God doesn't make any mistakes as to what we are to go through.

Will post the Journal of the day next

Have a good one everyone

Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #57  

Default Journal of the day

Here is the journal of the day - interesting to do this as today you might answer it one way and a month or two you might answer it differently:

Journal: Tell God the 'things' you need in your life. Confess the places where you have had little success tryng to fix these things. Tell Him specifically how you will give Him first place today.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #58  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink Tgif

HI GALS

Angie is out on a run ~ I took the mutts on a 45 minute walk this afternoon so she could do her run in PEACE!

Of course I am getting NO PEACE at the moment! As the little ladies are at the window whinning like babies 'cause momma didn't take them. Oh! and throw in a few...A LOT...of barks as other dogs and people go by and what do ya have?....ME ~ going for another beer! So much for the calories I lost on my walk with them, of course it was at a pace.

I have a pot of chili cooking on the stove for another night, going to pour it over rice.

Tonight's menu ~ Angie cooking ~ Feta cheese burgers ~ All you do is split your patty and put some feta cheese between them ~ then grill them on the BBQ ~ Very tasty

I will return later ~ My daughter just came home and needs me to run an errand with her...
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #59  

Hey you guys,
We had a nice day here today in the upper 50's, husband made it back from south africa, he's been gone for two weeks so thats nice. I am still praying about that leave please continue to pray with me.
gary- you are quite the chef
Barbara - still praying for your friend hope she feels better soon.

Sprout - Rocky mountains sound beautiful. I would like to see it someday, but I am originally from Mississippi and prefer warmer weather. I will be ecstatic when we get the chance to move back south. How do you go about making your monthly exercise calendar? I would like to try to start doing one for myself.

Blondie - Hi, nice to meet you.

Christina- I am glad that you are feeling much better. Depression is a devil that rides almost everyone's back at one time or another. But thank God for Jesus who gladly kicks him off for us. ha ha ha I didn't know you were trying to get into law school, that's great. I applied to an educational leadership Ph.d program a couple of weeks ago so please pray that I am accepted.

Hello and God Bless to everyone else.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Friday

OK GALS I AM BACK~

Did ya miss me

Well the feta cheese burgers were awesome as usual, even caught my daughter's boyfriend reaching for seconds What would I do for lunch tomorrow? Oh yea, Angie says to make sure and pinch the top and bottom of the burgers together, after you put in the feta, otherwise it melts out.

ENDIRKA~I am NOT material!

I do like to try things if I have time though. Angie and I share the cooking here. Some already know the story, but briefly, about 6 years ago or so, Angie came through the door after a hard day teaching ~ I am resting in my recliner after a hard day of drywall and my son was stretched out on the couch ~~ as soon as she comes through we both say at the same time, "What's for dinner?"...well...WRONG thing to say that day, she replied "Whatever you are making!" and from now on you are going to cook 1 day a week for me to give me a break....well time has passed and I usually do most of the cooking now, depending on schedules. That is how I ended up here several years ago, I googled a recipe and ended up here!

MARILYN~ I haven't seen the new Biggest Loser yet, I really enjoyed the last 2 though. I think the show can only be helpful to people ~ as long as they realize that the "cast" is getting the EXTRA help we all wish we could get.

HILARY~ I got my eye on you!

BETH~So you like those tunnels huh? I guess they are starting to find them all over here and Texas. Last week they had a middle school syudent on with a little remote vehicle thing he invented that helps find such things...way cool. That tunnel is about 45 miles south of me.

be back...coming ANGIE
Closed Thread