Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #61  

Default Looking for an accountability partner

Hi all!
Gary invited me over to this thread. I'm new here, and in my intro, posted that we recently adopted from Guatemala. I'm praying that the Lord will lead me to a female, Christian accountability partner. Is there a way to find a christian buddy in the buddy area?? Thanks for the invite, Gary. Praising the Lord I found this forum!
In Christ,
Steph
Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #62  
Quit counting at 45!

Another week gone! I am so looking forward to a couple of days off. I have no plans for tomorrow yet but will probably get some groceries and do some baking, etc.

My weight is staying the same for now. I need to get exercising more which I know would help a lot. I am thankful that I'm not gaining anyway.

I have enjoyed the Biggest Loser shows. I love seeing how much the people have changed and how they learned healthy lifestyles. I'm looking forward to seeing how those teenagers look next week. I think it's great they're getting a good start at their age. It's incentive to get out there and exercise.

Speaking of tunnels, not too long ago they discovered one between B.C. and Washington state. I don't know how close it is to you Sprout as I can't remember the town where they found it. It was also used for drug and gun smuggling. I'm always amazed that they don't get caught while they're digging the tunnels.

My son still hasn't found a job but at least he is doing something about it. In addition to having respiratory problems he has also wrecked his knees from years of playing football. He is going to see a physiotherapist next week so hopefully he'll be able to get that fixed. His spirits are lifting a bit too for which we're very thankful. I do thank your for your prayers. Please continue to pray for work for him. I think that will make a world of difference with his outlook on life.

My prayers are with all of you

- for your loved ones who are suffering with health.
- for those looking for work
- for those struggling with their weight
- for those with relationship problems

Isn't it great that we have a God who cares about every area of our lives?

Have a great night!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #63  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Thanks so much for prayers for Laura! She came thru surgery fine and in 6-8 weeks, they will go back in to make a "colon" from part of her small intestine. My friend Dee.....Puppetlady, here at FBF, knows a young lady, Hope.....going thru the same procedure. She's 21, a new Christian and I want to include her in our prayers.

Marilyn......I printed the post out for the "journal" of the day. Thanks for the encouragement to "THINK"! I forget some days and others I just zone out for no good reason!

Howdy to Wilma, Sue, Hilary...Gary, Lori, Endirka, Steph!....Beth, Christina.....Kirsten is it?.......Fitchick2be, Margie.....Michele, Mel, Klynntx.....Jackie, Sparrow...Sandy, Diane, some of "ours" are MIA....if we miss a day, we spend one catching up!

Be blessed today, be good to you and yours and know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.....
Bren
Old 01-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Saturday Morning

HI GALS

I was trying to post to everyone last night, but "family" just kept getting in the way.

Angie and I watch Ghost Whisperer ~ Reba ~ and Monk together on friday night. As slow as I type I needed more time to catch up with everyone.

BREN~Continued prayers for your daughter and for Hope.

CHRISTINA~I was only kidding about the Law School applications ~ of course they string you out, keep you waiting, while running up the bill ~ isn't that what lawyers do?
We get a lot of lawyer jokes at church, our Pastor has been there full time for over 30 years ~ he is also an attorney ~~ quite sharp! I will pray for your father in his job situation.

WILMA~ Seems like you are always baking something ~ Rachael Ray doesn't bake ~ maybe you two could team up. Since your son has his sports interest maybe he should focus on that line of work ~ do you have second hand sports equipment stores around there? They are really popular here, we know a young man that started his own and it is going well for him. Not sure how old your curling iron needs to be before you dump them though ~ and just how many hockey pucks does a guy need anyway.

STEPH~ I think you will like it here, glad you found us.

AUNT SUE~ how was the Annapolis movie? I read a review that said it was lacking a little substance, playing too safe. Never care much for reviews! Prayers for Maryann. Kalee getting spoiled huh? ~ go figure Have a great week-end at home.

Well, I think I caught up.

Enjoy your week-end everyone!

20 YEARS AGO TODAY FOR CHALLENGER ~ PRAYERS FOR ALL OF THOSE STILL IN PAIN FROM THAT HORRIBLE DISASTER
Old 01-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I ALSO WANTED TO MENTION THAT TODAY IS THE FIRST ANNUAL WADE TYMAN MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT.

SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER THAT HE WAS THE YOUNG MAN FROM OUR CHURCH THAT WAS KILLED IN IRAQ, JUST WEEKS BEFORE HE WAS TO COME HOME, ALMOST A YEAR AGO.

THERE ARE 144 PEOPLE IN THE TOURNAMENT. ALL THE PROFITS WILL GO TO SCHOLARSHIPS, FOR KIDS IN NEED, AT OUR CHURCH SCHOOL.

MY SON AND MY DAUGHTER'S BOYFRIEND HAVE A FOURSOME IN IT WITH A COUPLE OF THEIR FRIENDS ~~ MY DAUGHTER IS HELPING WITH THE ACTIVITIES.

MY DAUGHTER WAS GOING TO GOLF BUT BOYFRIEND WANTED TO TAKE IT SERIOUS! HE DOES TAKE HER TO GOLF, AND ACTUALLY THE DRIVING RANGE QUITE OFTEN ~~ BUT NOT THIS ONE! AND THEY WONDER WHY I DON'T LIKE THE GUY

I JUST WANTED THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAYED FOR WADE'S FAMILY TO KNOW THAT HE IS NOT FORGOTTEN!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #66  

Default Overcast here today

Very dull outside today - if you look really carefull you can see that it is trying to snow But it is only the end of January and I live in Canada so I guess it is what we should expect. But am looking forward to Spring and Summer when it is nice and warm

Have ordered a new Hard Drive - will have a burner in it - when we pick it up the one I have will go over to Priscilla so she can do some school work on it - going to load it up with lots of educational games for her. Will be nice to have the burner - hubby has one on his but everytime I want to 'burn' something we have to transfer it - so now I will be able to do my own - will help with all the school work I put together for Priscilla as I put it all onto CD's.

Did 1/2 mile walk yesterday - but knee is a bit sore. But will have to persist as I believe it is sore because of all the extra weight. Going to do another 1 1/2 miles today - will post later updating the miles walked for January.

Gary: I have watched Ghost Whisper a few times - thought it was interesting - a Christian friend of mind said tho that we should be watching things like that as she feels it is not 'from God' - hard decision to make. And by the way we do miss you when you are not around

Bren: Will be praying for your daughter and the other young lady - for speedy recoverys. God is god.

Wilma: I can relate to getting in more exercise - I know that just watching the food intake is not enough - have to eat less and exercise more. I do enjoy the Big Loser - all that help would be nice at the beginning of our journey - but we can do it anyway . Keeping your son in prayers. As for the tunnel - not sure if there is one near here - will have to do some 'reading/checking' on this

Steph: Come and share what you would like us to know about yourself - I know you will find a lot of support here

ttmom: Praying for/with you - keep coming here and letting us know how you are doing

Well, should run - dishwasher is going; need to sort some laundry to do when dishwasher is finished; need to do some dusting and then there is the time involved in getting more school papers modified for Priscilla. Of course getting supper ready also (this is an easy one - left over Shepherds Pie)

Will be posting the 'journal thought of the day'

Keep smilling everyone

Old 01-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #67  

Default Journal thought of the day

Ok guys, here is your journal thought of the day

What holds first place in your life? In what ways have you tried to achieve weight loss before and failed? What would it mean to gi you to give Jesus first place?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #68  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello! It's a nice relaxing day here! Yes, I'm baking again! I really don't bake that often or so my family says. I've made chocolate chip cookies and jam jams. (soft brown sugar cookies with jam as a filling) I know they'll last a couple of days. I do find baking relaxing for some reason.

I cleaned out my closet today. Got rid of some stuff that didn't fit anymore and was disappointed that some still fit. Just another reason to get more exercise.

Gary: You mentioned the sports equipment store. My son is applying at a sporting goods store that has an opening. AND....we have more than curling and hockey up here I'll have you know!! Those are just the winter sports. We have all the ones that you have all year round too. This son is an avid golfer and we're encouraging him to get into that more if it's what he's interested in. We hope to get his knees back into shape so he can be more active.

What a nice idea! A memorial golf tournament. It's nice to see that people are remembering the sacrifice he made in such a rewarding way. Are you going?

Sprout: Sounds like your day is much like mine today!

Our weather here has been incredible. They're saying that we're breaking records all over the place for the warmest winter on record. We are enjoying it because it'll probably never happen again in our lifetime. We still have the snow but not the bitter cold that we usually get.

Well, gotta go "jam" those cookies.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #69  
Princess Heather

Hey all! I just joined 3FC in the last day or so. I am so glad to have found this thread. I am doing LAWL and just started at the end of Dec. I keep praying for the strength I need to make this transition to a better lifestyle.

Brandste: if you want to PM me please feel free.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #70  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Saturday everyone! It's been a couple of days, but there's nothing new and tremendous in my life. I have been eagerly awaiting "presents" from the law schools in the mail, but alas, nothing. I figured it was too soon. Maybe I'll get a few in time for Valentine's Day. That would be nice.

Sue ~ Praying for Maryann, that she will be in minimal pain as she makes her way to the Lord and that her family will find peace and comfort in each other.

Beth ~ Praying that your mother's MRI results come back soon and that she will know more.

Pixie ~ Glad you're feeling better. I find that Pilates is a mood booster for me too.

Endirka ~ Also playing the waiting game with grad school, huh? I hope all works out in your favor!

Gary ~ Those feta cheese burgers sound great! I knew you were kidding When I get my news I am sure the whole country will hear me shouting with joy (God willing!)

CandlePrincess ~

I hope you all have a great weekend, and hugs to everyone!

Steph ~

Wilma ~ I just started watching Biggest Loser and I am loving it so far! Those families this week just made me want to cry. I love how the teenaged girls on the opposite teams were friendly and supportive to one another rather than catty and competitive. I'm sure they're all going to make a lot of positive changes in their lives.

Blondee ~ Glad to hear that Laura is doing OK. Will pray for Hope.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile Sunday Morning

GOOD MORNING GALS

Sitting here drinking my morning We went to church last night. Angie is getting ready to go run a mile and a half, then when she gets back we are going to walk the dogs, for a 2 mile round trip, down to the new Italian Cafe for breakfast. So cool to be able to walk the dogs to places like that and Starbucks, that have outside seating areas. Of course (thank goodness) here in California you can't smoke anywhere, pretty much, so outside seating is no problem. Don't want to offend anyone, remember I am an ex-, but when Angie and I were in Washington it was horrible There were so many people smoking outside that it didn't really seem to matter much ~~ the smoke just follows you in. I think Washington changed their smoking laws at the first of this year though.

Angie and I went to the Home Show yesterday. Saw a ton of great ideas for outside patios, fake grass, countertops, doors~windows, etc. Always looking, now if we only had the $$$

Then we went to Claim Jumper ~~ do you gals have those? Anyway she had a salad and small pizza, and I had the fish and chips ~~ ate about 2:00 so we didn't really want dinner. After church I made some nachos and she made popcorn So nothing on the MENU today girls

THIS IS NOT A JOKE Our Pastor was hit in the head with a golf ball yesterday, at the memorial tournament for Wade. He was in the hospital with a concussion overnight ~~ it appears he will be fine but I am asking for prayers. When the "healing" is over you can beat we will hear a bunch of jokes ~~ if anyone was going to hit Pastor on the head with a golf ball the PERFECT canidate to do it would be the guy that did! Of course this will go well with the story of another long time member of our church, who was hit in the head last year with a golf ball and had to be Lifeflighted to emergency ~~ he is fully recovered, thank God.

CHRISTINA~ I know it takes awhile for all the applications to be processed. My graqndfather always used to say "Patience is our most important product." The feta burgers were good, and if you don't like feta you can use any cheese, of course.

CANDLEPRINCESS~

WILMA~ Oh yea WILMA, do you have frisbee golf there?

MARILYN~ Great job with the burner! now you make all those things you wanted. My kids are always using ours to make me CD's, they buy the ones they want then record what I want from them for me. Great job on the walking.

As far as Ghost Whisper ~

Let me get back to you on that ~~ Angie is back from her run and wants to walk the dogs to breakfast....later
Old 01-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #72  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello everyone!!
I love it here! Some New news each day, Gary's temptations from the kitchen, baking going on..some recovery and exercising as well! Not enough of any of it in MY house some days. New folks coming in, old folks checking in....sure they are..they are thinking about it RIGHT now!

Thanks SO much everyone, for continued prayer for Laura! I am blessed to have a place to come and ask for it! Hope will be having her surgery on Monday, Dee says...so we will ask God to go before her, preparing the way, guiding the Dr's hands...and for the same speedy recovery we are seeking for Laura.

I am off to work in a few minutes.....will stop at Wal-Mart on the way. I need glue sticks for my collage work I PLAN to do. I had a new pack of two.well they were like 7 years old..totally petrified! BOO hoo! Teach me to try and "play" at the office!

Be blessed..each of you! I'll be back when I can hang out!
Love and hugs..Bren
Old 01-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs up Good Breakfast

I'M BACK~

Not bad! An hour and 15 minutes to walk a little over two miles with the dogs and have breakfast for under ~ BARELY ~ $20, if you don't add in the tip! I guess it was so expensive because Angie had a fruit bowl ~ cottage cheese ~ and sourdough toast ~ with tea! I had an omelet with tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic and mozzarella cheese, with sourdough toast and potatoes. All in all pretty good and a nice walk with my "girls"!

What ever happened to the days when you could get a Grand Slam at Denny's for about $4.00? and was a quarter and not $2.00!?

MARILYN~ Back to The Ghost Whisper. I understand where your friend is coming from. We need to be very careful that we are not tempted. I ~ now this is ME speaking ~ don't find anything with the show that makes me uncomfortable. I, personally, don't see anything satanic or religious for that matter in the show. What I do see is how the gal helps people to "finish" their business on earth and then "go to the light". This of course is not correct in our beliefs, the "dead" are not angels in the show, they are spirits that just haven't crossed over ~ we believe that once we are dead on earth that our souls are instantly with Christ. I can see the problem here with the show. In "my" thinking the shows message isn't a problem because I KNOW THE TRUTH through our SAVIOR~ plus I think Jennifer Love Hewitt is just too cute

BREN~Continued prayers for Laura and Hope. I know you will finish that collage one day but...maybe ya outta just get 1 glue stick at a time! I don't think you can go into Wal-mart and only buy glue sticks! It's like Costco for me, I go in to spend a couple of hundred or less and come out with WAY MORE $$$$$ spent ~~ every time! I am not a good shopper! If I go on my own while Angie is at work I have to call and "prepare" her

Well I think I will go find something useful to do since there is NO FOOTBALL today..

Have a great SUNDAY everyone...Gary
Old 01-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #74  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: I can honestly say that I have never played Frisbee golf in Canada. I actually didn't realize it was considered a sport. I did play it once years ago just across the border in your fair country. It was fun and my kids especially loved it.

Your day sounded lovely. We had the kids over for dinner after church. I did a pot roast. It turned out really well and I have roast left over for during the week.

I just woke up from my nap and now I feel like doing something. I think we'll call up some friends and have them over later.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #75  

Default Had a nice relaxing day

It is so nice when a Sunday goes like it did today = nice and relaxing.

But was not all that happy with my weigh in this morning. When I took time to reflect on it I relized that the last few days I have once again let the bread and potatoes rule - not good

So for the next 7 days I am going to work on having no bread / no potatoes. When 7 days are up I will evaluate how I feel - if I am feeling good because of this change then I will consider to do it for a further 7 days. If not I will then plan out the days I will have bread and the days I will have potatoes - with it being no more than 3 days of each. Am working on the portion control thing.

Wlima - aren't afternoon naps wonderful - never thought I would enjoy them but when I do have one - which is seldom - I really come back with feeling full of energy.

Gary: About Ghost Whisper. I really don't find it objectional either. I realize as a believer that when we 'pass on' that we are immediately with the Lord - but this friend - a wonderful Christian lady - said she feels that we should be watching what we put into our mind - what goes in usually stays in - and that it could have an affect on our walk with the Lord - how we come across to others. The few times I have watched the show I really didn't find it objectional but having some knowledge of the Bible I know that this doesn't happen - people not being able to 'pass over'.

Bren - have a good 'day at work' -

Well, just had a wonderful supper - chicken cooked in the crockpot with lots of yummy veggs and then made up some potatoes for hubby and daughter.

Now have to get daughter off to have a shower and hair wash so she can 'get jammies on' as tomorrow is a big day. Is still to early for bed but like to have her 'ready' early - think it is an 'old mom' thing

Journal of the day to follow
Closed Thread