Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #76  

Default Journal of the day

What is the most important thng or person in your life?

How could you truly seek to give God first place in eery area of your life?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 PM   #77  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I just wanted to drop in and poke at you all. I'll be praying for everyone and I hope you are counting your blessings even when you don't think you have any.. so many are there!

Today was an off and on day for me.. best thing I did was help my friend with her homework and buy a Pilates/Yoga mat.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #78  

HI everyone,
I haven't been here in a couple of days been feeling a bit down but I'm feeling better today. It's hard just waiting to see if they are going to approve the leave of absence. Well, hubby is back from South Africa, and Torae took a bottle from him but I still do not want to leave him for 8-9 hours everyday. I still think he is too young for that only shy of 3 months. Oh gosh Sprout I understand I love all things white too, like rice, bread and potatoes.
Well I am trying to get serioius about losing weight starting today, I had cereal for breakfast. I weight this morning and was down to 221.

I had a chance to read everyone's posts for the last few days. I will be praying for all and everyone please remeber to pray for me. Gotta go get 4year old from preschool. God Bless
Old 01-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #79  

Default Journal thought for today

List your current prayer requests and compare them with the following questions:
Is my prayer in line with what God's Word teaches?

Will the answer to my prayer honor and glorify Christ?

Will people come to know Christ personally through the answer to my prayer?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Hello to all

Another quiet Monday at work. It is absolutely gorgeous outside today - sunny, slight breeze and 70ish. I went for a walk in the park during lunch. I don't have problems with stamina, my calves start to hurt after about 3/4 mile. That is when I turned around and headed back to my car. So, I guess I walked about 1.5 miles or so. I need to stretch my legs (especially my calves) more often.

Saturday, my eldest DS had his girlfriend and her family over for a cookout. We also had a couple more of kid's friends and my parents for a total of 14 people. I cleaned almost all day on Saturday, with some help from the kids (I am a super control freak, that is why I did most of it). I hate to have company over with the house a mess.....at least the kitchen, livingroom and bathroom. I don't care about the bedrooms. People shouldn't be going in there anyway. It was enjoyable. DS and girlfriend did most of the cooking and cleaning up - can't complain about that.

I did catch up on reading all the posts this morning. Glad to see everyone is doing fairly well. Some MIAs (come back), some newbies - welcome. Gotta run, take care and God bless.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Not much going on today, just wanted to get the menu in before you started dinner . Easy today : Nachos, I made a pound and half of hamburger, and diced up 3 chicken breasts for the meat (seasoned, with taco seasoning, half of the hamburger). Some of my family prefer chicken over hamburger, and not everyone likes taco seasoning ~~ cheese, mango salsa, onion, tomato, lettuce, pinto beans, sour cream and avocado ~ took out tortilla chips and flour tortillas so they could put fixin's on their choice ~ dinner done and easy.

MARILYN~ I didn't mean to imply (if I did) that you were not aware of "crossing over stuff". I have known you LONG enough to know Christ is your center. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Well, outta here for today...prayers for all, Gary
Old 01-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #82  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning crew.......
I had posted yesterday and got the boot as I hit submit...POO! I was running late so didn't have time to log on and re-do. Some days my computer has PMS.....Periodic Meaness Spurts. Come to think of it..so do I!

Anyhoo....Gary.....the menu sounds good!.... and I must have picked it up somehow. I did a F'n'N version I guess, Sunday night....w/HB meat/refried beans/cheese/salsa and sour cream....with tortilla chips. Yum Yum! I had the rest for dinner last night with a wholle wheat tortilla.

Hey Endirka...good to see you! You too Hilary! Hope you're feeling WAY better and back up to snuff. Isn't snuff what we say when we exercise? X minutes in and I say s'nuff....can't do any more?

Hope came thru her surgery well! She and Laura are in GOOD hands, being God's kids and we will keep them in prayer for the recovery period ahead. Thanks SO much...for all your thoughts and prayers!

I'm off the next two days and really DO plan to work at least 3 hours today and it being cooking day..will see what I can get into with what I have on hand!

be blessed today..every one of you..in whatever way it's most needed. ME too....and I wanna hear clearly.......that's my prayer for today!
I'll be back!
Bren
Old 01-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #83  

Default Hello

Hi everyone, this is a great place, I have been watching what I eat since Jan. 1st, I have lost 6 lbs. My husband has lost 10 lbs this month. We started a group at our church Healthy Choices for Life We had 11 members in Jan. lost 71 pounds all together, now have 15. We started a webstite, please check it out. http://Healthychoices2.tripod.com

* I need to know where I can get calorie content on Deer Meat?? Any suggestions??
Old 01-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #84  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking PRAISE THE LORD - - Prayers answered - - -

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been on for a while but LOTS going on, I'll catch you up here and there as I can, I promise! I have been reading thru and trying to keep up with each of you and your prayer concerns and joys.

Anyway, back to my PTL headline!!! Great news, my nephew Adam who has been in Baghdad for about 15 months is back in the states!!! He and his unit all arrived safe & sound (answered prayer #1) on Friday, debriefing, sleeping, etc. then due back to their KNG unit in Lexington on Friday and can be 'home' Saturday for my neice's wedding (answered prayer #2)!! Thank you all for your prayers, cards and concerns for him. Now just to get him here and give him a big ole hug!!

Try to bring you up a little on what's been going on here. First attempt at our 2nd Union Contract failed to pass, overwhelmingly went down in flames, now we seem to be at an impasse, no one wants to re-negotiate or try to fix things or work anything out. Still trying to mess me up on my seniority. . . Everyone 'talks' a good talk but no one wants to put pen to paper and come up with new proposals and hear it's going to be a stalemate on the management front anyway.

Unusually warm weather here for January, I have tulip bulbs and daffodils about 4" high and my Lilly of the Valley is coming up also as well as my strawberry plants. . . . don't know what this is going to do if the weather changes????

Also for January, I have logged 51.06 miles walking as of yesterday!!! (YEAH) now if I could just control portions. . . .

Had to work on my birthday. . . but at least it was 'holiday' so I did get double-time and a half so I'm not too upset. Also worked a couple extra shifts this month, doesn't seem like much but when you 'lose' your day off it just seems to make the whole week so much longer.

Am also going to continuing ed classes one night a week, boss has ALWAYS covered these, cost-wise, mileage and hourly pay for class but now he says they will NOT be covered, any of it (this amounts to around $750 for me plus being away one evening a week) one hour drive each way and then 4 hour class, makes for a long-g-g day.

Let me see, what else, oh yes, took my W2's to my brother (a CPA, free tax prep, it's a plus!) on Wednesday, he brought them back to me and filed them on Thursday (efile) and should be getting my taxes back this Friday!! Hey I'm happy, even if it is MY money to start with, at least I get it back!

EZ - I agree, Sunday was rather 'odd' with no football but I did have to work anyway . . . . dinner sounds yummy AGAIN! DD is now at the stage that she doesn't care what she eats or where it's from, (fast food, microwave or Mom cooking for 3 hours) as long as she gets something! She is a teenager you know!

Bren - Answered prayer and blessings. . . I think I've listed mine for the day!! We have so many blessings, each and every day and I think we just forget to remember that. I try to thank 'Him' every night as I crawl into bed for even the simpliest of things like my warm, soft bed, a roof over my head, the peace only He gives, so many wonderful things.

Oh, I did get an email from SunnyD (Donna) she hasn't forgotten us, did have a bad headcold and flu, then the busy-ness of life and hopes to get back on with us soon. She was glad to hear that Sprout (Marilyn) had started a new line, so hopefully she'll get caught up soon, we do miss her.

All for now folks, sorry I didn't get to catch up with everyone but soon . . .hugs & prayers - Margie

Total miles walked for January = 51.06
Total miles walked since 4.4.5 = 336.95
Old 01-31-2006, 08:20 PM   #85  
Lydia Mae

Hi all,

I think I may have posted on the old thread first, but here goes again and I hope this goes in ok.

I am very happy to meet so many Christian friends who are on this weight loss journey. I have struggled for years, but now I must get the weight off for sure. I lost 95 pounds 3 yrs. ago, but I have gained a lot of it back. I just finally got it in my head that enough of this kind of living. So it is a real treat to meet people who will pray for me and be my friend. As well as me praying for all of them as well.

I am a Grandmother to 5 children, a Mother to 5 children ( all grown) as well. I have a few health issues but the Lord helps me with those daily. He is so faithful to be here when I am in need. Not to mention just His presence even when I am doing ok. What a joy to have Him in my life. My husband Pastors a church in a small community in Illinois. We've been here for 23 yrs. now. Wow, time flies LOL !

May you all have a great week, I'll be praying for everyone.
God's Blessings...Carol
Old 01-31-2006, 08:28 PM   #86  

Default Good evening everyone!!

How is everyone tonight - the last day of January 2006.

First of all: I see a 'new member' has just posted on the previous link - any suggestions on how to get her over to this thread?

We had a bout of snow - not much but just enough to make things messy, then it rained turning the roads to slush and last night it froze - so the roads here a slick today - not nice at all

How has everyone done for the month of January - are yo lighter than you were on January 1 - if so good job - if not feeling for you but don't give up you can do it in February.

I have to amend my ticker - my overall for the month is only 1.5 pounds down - not as much as I had previously posted as I did some of the gain thing here the last few days - but tomorrow is the start of a new month so am going to aim for a new month with another new loss - even just losing 1.5 pounds a month means 18 pounds a year - not much but in the right direction right. Anyway back to starting the month of correct and am planning on ending February correctl also.

Margie: Great new about your nephew arriving home - and in time for the wedding how nice . Did you say you had flowers growing already - where abouts are you - we stil have freezing weather with it reaching into the minus a lot of days Good job on your walking - I need to pick up the pace with mine. I have just bought a funny looking machine. You sit on your kitchen chair and put you feet on these pedals - and pedal away. Just got it today and am going to be using it every day in February along with my walking - will see how it goes. This machine I got from Avon believe it or not - we haven't done our taxes yet - will be doing them end of Feb - beginning of March - usually get a good - very good actually - return due to our mentally challenged daughter living at home.

lparker - welcome - keep coming and letting us know how you are doing - it is encouraging when we read of someone who is having success in the weight loss area

Bren - hope you have enjoyed your day off - do what you have to do but do make time for yourself also

Gary: didn't take it 'wrong' - I knew we understood each other - but do like to hear others comments on different shows - and really enjoy comments on Scripture readings as we all tend to interprete a little different at times.

Anyone I missed - sorry - looking forward to hearing from all of you wonderful people.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #87  

Hello everyone,
I read everyone's post and will be praying for your request. I did go to te YMCA last night and walked for an hour and did weights for about 30 minutes. Hopefully i will be able to do this 4 times a week at least.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 PM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Tuesday Night

HI GALS~

Dinner tonight was NOT healthy ~ I had to work late and Angie was out running a few miles after work.

turkey hot dogs wrapped in tortillas with cheese and onions, baked in oven and chili. I had some leftover chili from a few nights ago ~ threw in a can of Dennisons ~ not too bad.

Requesting prayers for my son to make the right decision in regards to his job. He is a first year high school history teacher, teaching at a brand new nice high school ~ however a more prestigeous (sp? ~ no teaching here school has offered him a job for next year, it also means an extra $5,000 a year (that gap will close eventually where he is at now). It is at one of the schools he student taught at for his credential, he loved it there, but he likes it where he is too ~ plus he is coaching (which they want him to do at the other school also). He also feels obligated since they gave him a chance (in fairness to the other school their interviews were after he had already accepted his current position ~ they may have hired him last year also). Anyway, asking for prayers he makes the right choice. Also, his girlfriend is a teacher at his current school ~ just want him to make his decision based on work and not ~ As of right now they plan on a December wedding but no date or ring as of yet, that I have seen!

MARILYN~ I will say that this friday's Ghost Whisperer does look a little demonic! ~ stick with me girl!! I need your advice and wisdom!! How is the boy doing? Prayers if you need them for him!

LYDIA MAE~ I think you live close to my mom, sister, brother in law and grandma ~ they live in Bloomington Il.

MARGIE~Glad to see you back. Sorry about the slow movement at work. Praise the Lord on Adam's return! JUAN came back tio the states last week, he is in Georgia ~ not sure when he will get home here for leave, I haven't talked to him, he just "my spaced" my kids and told them to tell me he was "home"! Not sure if you saw my post on my Pastor being hit with a golf ball ~ it was my BEARS buddy at church that did it! Couldn't have been personal since my Pastor is a VIKINGS fan.

BREN~ Have a great 2 days off. Any new books? Prayers continuing for the girls.

CHRISTINA~Hey girl, off my case on the wedding stuff at general chatter

Well need to go but before I do asking prayers for our 3FC Friend, Lori, her friend Debbie is not doing to well.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Subject: The Pasta Diet

THE PASTA DIET

The Pasta Diet

1.. You walka pasta da bakery.

2.. You walka pasta da candy store.

3.. You walka pasta da Ice Cream shop.

4... You walka pasta da table and fridge.

AND......CONCERNED ABOUT TOO MANY CARBS IN YOUR DIET?

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3 The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #90  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Brenda, don't forget to relax a little on your days off! Thank you. I've only used up to snuff once.. and I do believe it to mean original shape? Best shape? Hmm! Anyways, my cold is over with so I'll be happily making time for Pilates tomorrow (finally I say).

Sorry it's another quick stop tonight.. but it's late and I've gotttttttt to get to bed. I'll be back! Prayers for everyone<3 and if anyone by chance reads this, just a simple request for prayer over my whole family and me. Thank you guys
Closed Thread