Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #16  

Hi.. Newby here. My name is Diane and I am very glad that you have a faith based support group here. Sprout, thank you for the prayers that you have posted and may God bless us as we start on the journey of a new year.
Diane.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Whew hoo. Found ya guys. This will be a short post. I hardly sit at my computer at home, but I thought I would check in. Hope you all had a fun and safe New Years.

I'll post again tomorrow while I am at work on break. Take care.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #18  

Default Having a great day

and am just loving the way I feel.

Except am tired a bit - think I might take a 10 minute power nap when finished here - hubby said he would make supper so that pressure is off. He is going to make some fish and whatever.

Diane - welcome - this is a great place to be - hopefully everyone will find us here as I just started this new thread.

Beth - thanks for checking in - I have decided that this is the year that I would make it a point to check in her more often rather than just reading the posts - hopefully it will help me with all this terrible weight that I am going to finally lose.

But am feeling positive - thank heaven - have completed 2 miles so far this in my walking program, have worked on my Bible study, and have kept a record of my food - but it only has been 2 days - see if I can still be feeling this way after 10 - 20 or 40 days. April 30 here I come with a 30 pound loss!! And lots of miles walked on top of that. The weight is going to come down and the miles are going to go up
Old 01-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #19  

Default trying this forum for some support

happy new year to everyone...i am new to this site...i have always had a friend for accountability but she has dropped off the ww idea and i thought i would give this a try..i scanned thru some of the posts...i do enjoy the positive encouragement, quotes, and prayers....i hope i can continue on my weight loss...i have sort of hit a plateau and feel stuck...but hoping the new year will bring back some fresh incentives....looking forward to reading the posts...
with a smile rollingstonez
Old 01-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #20  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hey Brenda! I usually am an early bird but at that time I hadn't even slept yet! I've only had 1 and a half hours sleep (sometimes I have insomnia boughts). But I'm doing okay!! Not tired right now and going to the gym soon with my sister.

A half a day of work sounds nice! Yep that's right and I really hope I will improve myself this year and speak to others more who need some help (I think I would do well as a personal counsler because I do it to all my friends). Haha sounds like you have your own personal gym! I will have a really nice one someday.. no fees. That's sad about your father and your mother and I'm sorry to hear but I wish the best for you and I am glad you are making a change to improve yourself!! Way to go.

I wish the same and I KNOW we can do it if we stay focused! We are elites in Christ.

Diane -- A big welcome to you! We are very glad to see new faces, and you will love the support here so just go on and make yourself at home.

Marilyn-- Thank you and you know, you are so right and I know tonight I will savor sleep. I hope it doesn't affect my weight too much.. that reminds me I need to weigh myself again. I love the Scriptures you share with us, you keep me on my toes.

Amanda -- Hey hey, happy new year to you.

Christina -- Thank you so much and you too!! I know, right?! It's such a small world! And I hope you make your walking goal and it looks like you have done wonderful so far.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #21  

Default Am in here again!!

But just a quick note.

Have completed my eating for the day - and feel good about it. Did not overeat at all.

Hubby made supper tonight - baked some salmon steaks with mashed potatoes and green veggs - tasted very good - and I even got control of the portions tonight

rollingstonez - welcome - am sure you will find everyone here very encouraging. How about telling us a little about yourself.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #22  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Happy New Year! I've had a busy weekend and now it's back to work. The sad thing is that no more long weekends until Easter!

I spent my weekend doing things I wanted to do. I did get some meals cooked and I made the curtains for my livingroom bay window. The look pretty good. Just some finishing touches.

DH had a bad cold all weekend so we didn't get out to do much but had a relaxing weekend indoors.

I need to get busy with the exercising. I gained 2 lbs over Christmas and need to get going on getting rid of them and the rest of the weight I have to lose. Exercise will be the focus this year.

I hope everyone here has a great week!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #23  

Good Morning all. Thank you for the welcome. It is nice to be welcomed into a new group.
I need to post my food from last night on the "diet" program that I have downloaded onto my computer and post this morning. But, it will have to wait. We have a woman's Bible study group at our Church on Tuesday mornings. It starts in 45 minutes and I need to get cracken.
I can say that my food was "cleaner" the last couple of days then it has been and I did get to the gym yesterday and lifted weights and walked a mile.
Have a great day all and if I get a chance I will be back later (DH home this week as his number did not get called for Jury duty.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 191/183/139

Height: 5'5"

Default New to this

Hi,
My name is Maria and I believe that God has brought me here for a reason

Old 01-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Tuesday Morning

HI GALS

Well, it is another gorgeous day in southern California.. ..in fact it has rained here for the last couple of days. The ROSE PARADE had rain for the first time in over 50 years. Actually it is pretty nice out there this morning, low 50's and crystal clear with clear skies for now. Took the nephew to school...he was so excited to get back ...but then neither was my wife or son to get back to teaching.

Ryan just can't seem to get away from his students ~~ he went to two concerts this summer, Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban, a couple of students sat behind him and his girlfriend at each one ~~ played in a beach volleyball tournament...against 2 former students from his student teaching days...his girlfriend gave him LAKER tickets for Christmas ...the game was Sunday..never guess who sat next to him? yep~ 2 students....go figure..a 2 and a half hour drive away...17,000 seats....oh well.

Forgot to post my goodies from Christmas

CD player for work
Raymond and Lost DVD first seasons
USCshirt
Rachael Ray cookbook
20 Questions game and Poker set

Spent most of the last couple of days watching football of course...waiting for Wednesday for my team USC TROJANS to win against texas longhorns....

WILMA~ Sounds like you had a week-end like Angie...busy catching up on things. Hope your DH is better.

DILYCA~

MARILYN~ Glad to see you back on a regular basis!! Sounds like you are on the right track for the new year..proud of you. How is it going keeping KOKO safe! Thanks for starting another thread...SUNNYDused to still come around and do it...guess she is too busy these days

HILARY~ Have a great start on the new year too!

BETH~ See ya on your work break

ROLLINGSTONEZ~

AMANDA~ Good to see you back Prayers for a better year!!

CHRISTINA~Good luck on the law school apps. My daughter sent out 2 for grad school last week...USC (I hope) and AMHEARST...praying for the right fir..Lord's fit...for her. She said if she isn't accepted at either of these she will probably work another year and save more $$$$...we shall see.

BUNNA~ BUNNA'S BACK Prayers for a better year for you too!

BRENDA~ This is going to be such a good WORK-OUT year for you...now get going

MARIA~

I will catch up with all of you later....
Old 01-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #26  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy New Year (again) everyone! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, but I'm stuck in the lab! It's my first day back at school and has been pretty busy so far, but I got a chance to hop on here during lunch hour.

So things are good with me. I'm anxiously awaiting the admissions letters (God willing) from my law school applications , but they are a long six weeks away! I have my sites set especially on one particular school because it has a great intellectual property law program and a nice location too! They will let me know by March 1. I'm praying that I will be content with God's plan, whatever it is!

Marilyn ~ Great job on the WATP! I absolutely LOVE those workouts.

Diane ~ I hope you enjoyed your Bible study this morning.

Beth ~ Hi! Happy New Year! I hope all is going well with you.

Rollingstonez ~ I look forward to getting to know you!

Wilma ~ Glad that you had a productive weekend. I wouldn't even have the slightest idea how to make curtains!

Maria ~

Gary ~ Sounds like you had a great Christmas, and I can't wait to hear what great recipes you make out of the Rachael Ray book. Your food always sounds so yummy! (Or yum-o, she would say?) Best of luck to your daughter! I know the grad school application process can be stressful!
Old 01-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #27  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Howdy do crew!!
And a busy bunch we are!! Getting back into regular routines, sloughing off the Holiday hang-ons, I went up 5 pounds, but some was water weight, having been out of meds a few days..BOOhoo! I could barely breathe or move yesterday but it was back down some this morning.

It is SUMMER here! Yikes...82! This does not bode well. I know all of you are aware of the weird stuff going on weather-wise....CA floods now, after fires last year........Texas fires about 40-60 miles or so from me........it's not been "normal" for some time now. We've had no rain in SO long and if we could all share..no one would flood OR burn.........BUT........we are not in charge but we Know the one who is! I trust HIM....no matter what the day brings.

HEY! Welcome to Marie, Diane and Rollingstonez!! Come in often and make your presence known! This is a great group of folks and I am so glad to be in their midst! I'm glad you found your way here too!

Hilary......I tend to stay up when I wake up like yesterday AM, when I know I can sneak a nap later! I worked HARD yesterday, ya'll! I was the only one workin' too! The other offices closed and since I work Sunday a half day...I got that time and then half day yesterday for my Holiday. Works for me!! I got a LOT done at the office but I was running ragged when I left at 1:20. I was overtired and very hungry......I ate at the table alright but had TOO much yummy "lunch". Know what I "heard"?........"eating at the table doesn't give me lisence to "over-eat"........ WHO said that?

Hey Gary! I have an imaginary personal trainer who will work with me in the weeks ahead! Best thing is he's FREE and he's GENTLE and he's gonna make sure I am on schedule! Thanks for the encouragement!! Woohoo!

Marilyn.......good for you on the WATP tapes!! I will use exercise gear and wear.....as incentives to stay on plan. I saw an ad for the mini trampoline and I want one. So when I reach 190........I'll buy me one. I had one many years ago and it was missin' a leg...well duhh....I hopped around til I fell and almost broke my ankle. My ex hubby to be made a leg for it but my ankle was too weak for a long time to use it. I gave it away, like so many other things I just HAD to have! LOL!

Wilma..Beth, Christina, Sue...Michele, Lori, Margie, too....Klnntx.........Sharon, Sandy....Fitchick2be.....where are you? Check in and update.......let's boogy!
I'll see you all here later! Be blessed and find JOY each day.....
Bren
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #28  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Happy New Year ! ! !

OK, I know I'm a little late with my New Year's wish for ya'all but it is the first time I've been back this year so cut me a break will ya??

Let me see, New Years Eve, didn't do anything. . . stayed home and played Mario on the Game Cube with my DD. We just didn't want to get out since we didn't have to but we definitely enjoyed each other's company and did turn off the game to watch Dick Clark (that man never ages!) and the ball drop. Christmas was nice, all my family was there (all 22 of us!) except my nephew who's currently serving in Iraq. Haven't heard much from him except their 'relief' isn't there yet so we're not sure when he's coming home.

Oh, before I forget, - WELCOME to all the newbies. This is a great place and look forward to hearing from each of you more. Also thanks MARILYN for starting our new thread. I know SunnyD usually does it but she must be really busy, - oh how we miss her too!!! EZ we'll be cheering on the USC camp tomorrow nite, especially Reggie, we really like him and all we've heard about him, sounds like a really good guy.

Union talks are . . I don't know what kind of word to use. . confusing, stagnant, secretive, yuck maybe?? I have talked to a few others and haven't found anyone as yet who is supportive of the negotiations. Last I heard we get a .25 raise (yipee!) but we have to pay part of our insurance, so in other words there goes that little raise and basically no other changes except to change my classification and take my seniority away (duh, bet you could guess I'm against that one!) Suppose to have something typed up in the next couple of weeks for us to look at and vote on so all I can do is leave it up to God and not worry about it, - just doesn't make coming to work all that fun

New Year's Resolutions:
#1 - not to make New Year's Resolutions any more!
#2 - do better with me, i.e. taking care of me, rest, exercise, eating properly
#3 - get my finances in order. I would LOVE to pay off my couple of credit cards, then I would only have my car & mortgage to pay off!!!

When it comes to New Year's Resolution, it almost makes you wish you had a vice so that you could resolve to give it up!

DD and I did go see Potter again over the weekend and I think it was better this time than last. It was at the 2nd run theater ($5 for both of us!) and the place was packed!! Makes you wonder how the 1st show theaters can keep their doors open, typically $7.50 per ticket here for an evening show and guess what ------ it's the same movie as the matinee one at matinee prices!! I don't know how kids can go on dates anymore unless Mom & Dad are footing the bill, it has to be at least $20 just for movies by the time you add the tickets, popcorn and drink. Sorry, - didn't mean to get on my soapbox, prices just seem to keep going up and up with no end in sight. Everybody's credit cards probably look like mine too come to think of it!

Well, better get going, time for DD to call, school just went back in session after the C'mas holiday and the kids were all dreading it. Did pick her up and several girlfriends and took them to Taco Bell for lunch, but not ME!! I brought a 'lite' ham sandwich and some fat free chips and then took a quick walk after. I would like to hit 40 miles this month, so far though I have 4.25. Hugs & prayers - Margie
Old 01-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #29  

Default Checking in for January 3

Thought I would check in and try out using a color - hope this comes out right.

Anyway it is nice here today - sun is shinning - but is snowed during the night so hubby had to get up and shovel some this morning.

Didn't sleep well last night - this weight is starting to get to me as I was having trouble breathing - not trouble actually but it just felt more labored than it should. Walked upstairs from the basement and oh my goodness did I feel it when I tried to talk - no breath at all. So this has been a big wake up call for me.

Got up this morning and went to our Rec Plex (where our indoor swimming pool and hockey arena is) and walked around the concourse. I did 1/2 mile - can't believe I was at one time doing 3 miles and not am back down to the beginning - but will work my way back up.

Have not done the Walk Away the Pounds tape yet - it is only 12:15 here, daughter is taking a break with watching Tarzan 11 so after that is over both of us will do the walk away the pounds tape.

When I have completed the walking tape it will give me 3 1/2 miles walked - will have to update my ticker showing this when I have completed it. Goal is to get 31 miles for sure walked this month - and more if possible.

Eating has been ok - when I recorded todays weight on Weight Commander it said 'be careful today' - which means that from past records this could be a difficult day - so am really being aware of what I am eating today.

For breakfast I had 2 ww toast with peanut butter and a bottle of water. I am going to be having 1 cup of chicken noodle soup for lunch 1/2 cup applesauce and 1 bottle of water. For supper we are having left over baked salmon steaks, mashed potatoes and green veggs. I have planned a snack of 3 cups of popcorn for tonight - so all in all I think it should be an ok day for food - just have to stay out of kitchen today unless preparing the meal.

Blondee - going up a few pounds at this time of the year seems to be the normal for most of us - but as it is a new year give it a new start and get those few off and away you will go. You sure are right about the weather - strange all over.

crk - praying for you about your applications - would be nice if it worked out that you get the school of your choice.

Gary - glad to see you hear. Sounds like you had a good Christmas - do let us know what recipes you try from that cookbook. As for all the football - hubby has been watching it continually it seems - but he could be doing worse things I guess. I like the parades and will watch some of the games - parts of them anyway but am not a big football person

Maria - welcome - this a great group for encouragement so come often to share with us what you are doing

dilyca - what is the name of the program you have on your computer where you download what you 'eat' - I have Weight Commander. Hope you had a good time at your Bible Study - what is the topic you are doing

pixifalls - are you our resident night owl - hopefully you are getting back to getting good sleep - as I said before I know when I don't sleep well I end up eating terrible - really don't know what the connection is but good sleep seems to bring correct eating and poor sleep brings poor eating. Keep posting

Wilma - glad to hear from you - and it is sad that we don't have a long weekend now till Easter - but that gives us plenty of time to get some of this Christmas weight off plus some of the weight that we have had stored up for some time. Bet your curtains to look nice. I know you are from Canada, as I am - do you have much snow - we don't have much at all - only about 1 1/2 feet - am used to having between 8 - 12 feet by now.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

ONE MORE DAY~ ONE MORE DAY!! ONE MORE DAY!!! ONE MORE DAY!!! ONE MORE DAY!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!!

Closed Thread