Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #166  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! Just a quick post before bed (yes I am up late). Thanks for those of you who offered prayers. It's just a stressful time in my life and this too shall pass! This evening I had a chance to relax, cook a new recipe (pecan crusted salmon...yum), watch The Biggest Loser (such a sweet episode!), and do a relaxing stretching DVD for a bit. One by one, I'm getting word from the law schools that my applications are complete, so now they just have to meet and make a decision. I'll know soon!

Beth ~ Yes that is us at our rehearsal dinner! We usually don't dress up quite like that . Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Pixiefalls ~ Prayers for your youth group member. I have a teeny tiny heart murmur, and it doesn't affect me really at all, but it was freaky when the Dr. first mentioned it to me!

Gary ~ Thanks for the prayers. You are so right, putting God as our foundation should definitely be a priority.

All right, I am sleepy now! To the rest of you, I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #167  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hey ya'll...
Just dartin' in and I must get dressed for work....work has a tendency to intefere with play.has anyone noticed?

Gary...My nails look great....except I used a new ploish that changes color! YIKES! What's with all the mulit-tonal stuff anyway...I told the girl...maybe not, as I was over 13...she said...no, it be pretty and as it's mostly colder weather..haha 67 cold?..that it would stay the pink shade....nope..I am HOT ya'll and it's YELLOW!

I make the soup regularly and it is good..I like fritos or tortilla chips tossed in the bowl, cheese and some uhh..FAT free sour cream, yeah, sure.....
Having the soups a lot helps get some veggies in when I am NOT behavin'!

Beth....an ex-con and ex-cop! From one extreme to the other! I need an ex like Gary...to be my friend and give me stuff! LOL!

Ding..time's up gotta run! be blessed today......everyone. I'll be back later!
Bren
Old 01-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #168  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting more. I've been busy trying to get these review written. I'm half way through and it seems to be going well. I have a difficult one to do today and I would appreciate your prayers for that. I don't know how it will go because this employee thinks she can do no wrong and I do have a couple of things to address with her.

DS is still looking for a job. He has a couple of leads but so far no interviews. He's also going through a depression because of it. I had a good talk with him and we prayed together. I think that helped a lot. It's so hard when young people don't know what they want to do with their lives.

The married couple is doing so great that we only see them on Sundays.!! they are really fun to watch. They are so in love!

I think I have my eating under control again. It feels good to still be able to get in my size 10 pants. I know I need to get moving to get toned up and that should start as soon as these reviews are done.

I've also been watching the Biggest Loser. I find it inspirational. I do wish they would give more pointers on how to do what they do.

Gotta get going to work again! Have a great day!

PS> Great to see you back here Michele. I wondered where you went.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 AM   #169  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning everyone! Just thought I'd stop by before I get the schoolwork rolling...

Blondee ~ YELLOW polish? Definitely doesn't sound what you were going for. Some of those "multi-tonal" polishes or whatever they're calling it these days are so unpredictable. I hope that they are restored to the lovely shade of pink soon!

Wilma ~ I'm sorry to hear about the stress your DS is going through! My DH faces similar struggles and is quite depressed about it. He has a job that pays all right, but it's completely the wrong thing for him. It's tough being young and "lost". I will pray for your DH. And, I definitely hear you on watching the Biggest Loser. So inspirational to see these people making such positive changes in their lives. I was teary-eyed watching the couples version yesterday! I will also say a prayer for your review today.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #170  

Default Just me checkin in

Miss one day and boy the posts to read. Glad to see so many but it is making it hard to reply to everyone - at least for me at this time. Next time I will.

ANyone heard from SunnyD - know she is busy but do hope she will be back - miss her.

All going well here. Supper is in the crockpot - roast beef with potatoes cooked around it along with onions, tossed salad consisting of spinach and lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and celery (daughter's favorite salad), and some green veggs - smelling good but won't be ready for another hour or so - but think I can wait.

Going to make up some soup tomorrow - love homemade soup.

Weight is still slowly coming off - am down a little since Sunday so am looking forward to reporting another loss this coming Sunday.

Walking is a bit slow - knee is bothering me - but still persisting - will have to look up the total and report it also.

Well, guys, have to run - few things to get done before supper.

How many pages does everyone want to go before another thread - just say the word and I will start another one when everyone is ready .

Old 01-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #171  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Still haven't caught up but wanted to say hi. We (Mom and Dad and me) went to see Brokeback Mountain, like the story or not, it was a good movie. We're going to dinner tonight too but i think i'll be ok because i haven't eaten many calories so far today.

Going to a pre-interview testing tomorrow, pray i'll do well. The job sounds very promising.

Will try to catch up and post to you all but know that i'm praying for you all. WE CAN DO THIS!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank you Dear Ones!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for the prayers! My liver ultrasound and the bloodwork all came out fine! Thanks be to God!! \0/ Have no clue why the liver enzymes were elevated but everything seems fine now. Going to an ENT guy on Feb. 3 to check out the Meniere's Disease thing and after that, I think I'm good to go!

Been praying for all the prayer requests - this is such a busy place, isn't it? Thanks also for the prayers for Mike. He DID start up smoking a little again, but not what he used to smoke. I just pray he quits again.

Gary - The frozen White Castles are a weak attempt at the real thing. You have to have them right off the steamer in the White Castle restaurant. Wayyyyyyyyy back in the 70's when I went to Drury College in Springfield, MO a bunch of friends and I were craving the Castles and they didn't have any in Springfield. So what to do??? Drive FOUR HOURS for them of course! So we drove to St. Louis, ate the infamous belly bombers and drove the four hours back to school in time for our first class! Oh my, such silliness but much fun back in the day!

Michele - I'll pray for the job! Praying for Denise's family.

Wilma - prayers for your ds - I have struggled with a clinical depression for most of my life - it's no fun, that's for sure - and it IS difficult for them to know what they want to do, that's for sure!

Prayers for all other concerns - need to run!!

Old 01-20-2006, 04:22 AM   #173  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning crew!
It's EARLY too...as I woke up at 1:00 AM. I'll grab a nap before work. I'm not really inspired to "work" yet, as I might disturb a neighbor?

Yay! Lori, that's good news! It will be great to weed out some possible serious problems! Keep us posted on the Meniere's testing when you have that done.

My co-worker has two young sons......early 20's and they keep her twisting..well she does a lot of it, just being a mama.....the rest is an attempt to control 'em and they're having none of it. She's a christian but doesn't have a knack for praying with or for them....she has a spirit of anger that would blow light bulbs.....SHE needs prayer.....for a spirit of peace and deliverance from controlling spirits, anger and strife.

Christina....I washed my hands a lot in COLD water yesterday! LOL! The original shade was a pretty pink! Who knew what the "hot" shade would be! I may not be able to go two weeks with it! LOL! I can put something over it I suppose.

Oh Marilyn! Dinner sounds SO good!! I was running late and missed it! I was on a Greek salad kick for awhile and I'm sure I will be again come Summer. Come to think of it...any day works for salad! The crock pot roast would be too!

Prayers going up for you all...
Wilma........hope the review went ok. I know that's a tough position to be in. May God go before you, preparing the way, the words to say, and the receiver's hearts. Prayers for son as well.......it's hard to see them so torn and it takes awhile to get through each stage. They can be so easily hurt and discouraged......thank God for praying mama's and daddy's.
Hilary.......hope your personal trainer (self) shows up today. Mine's outside the door, waiting to be let in. Take good care of you!

OK I am running down...gonna hug my bed awhile..get up at a decnt hour and get after it!
Have a blessed day.......
Bren
Old 01-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Good morning, it's Friday - Yeah TGIF

Last night my mom and I joined a local chapter of TOPS. I think that this will be a good move. The group is full of a lovely bunch of people and so sweet. Now I have to weigh in once a week and be held accountable.

Bren Woah. Prayers for your young co worker. Anger and frustration can be a troublesome thing in parenting, but a very common thing. We forced our kids to go to youth group at church about 2 years ago. Now they look forward to it and I really have noticed a difference in their outlook on things. I also pray in front of my teenage son before he drives and even though he really isn't a believer (I suspect he is a closet believer) he appreciates it and the seed has been planted. Tell her not to give up. I have been there. There were times when I wanted to strangle my stepdaughter. We both had problems with hormones and rage (I mean really ugly problems) That was a couple of years ago and things are so much better now.

Lori I am so glad to hear that your test have come back OK. My liver enzymes have been elevated before. Mainly because of medication that I am taking. My doctor monitors it closely though. Continued prayers for you.

Michele Good luck with your interview today. And yes, we can do this! One day at a time.

Marilyn YUM. I am coming over to eat at your house. So many good cooks out there. Keep up the good work on your walking. I am going during lunch to my favorite park to walk. I cheat. I eat a quick lunch at my desk and still take my hour.

Christina Hello again.

Margie Prayers for your reviews. And continued prayers for you DS. Size 10. Wow girl. That is my goal. I will be there one day. Yes I will.

Hilary Good to see you again. Prayers for the youth group member. Anything to do with the heart can be scary. Prayers for peace and reassurance.

Hello to the rest of you. Have a good day and God Bless.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #175  

Default Frustrated!!!

Not feeling well - terrible terrible headache, - came and posted answering some of the posts, pressed submit - and lost the whole post - Don't like that when it happens

Will have to wait till next time to respond to messages - this headache is taking everythng out of me - have been having too too many of them lately where the whole head hurts - and when I say hurts I mean it hurts so bad I feel I could cry - and I have a large tollerance to pain. So need to go and see doc again I guess.

Keep the messages coming - enjoy reading them all

Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #176  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tgif

HI GALS

Waiting for Angie to get home from work, pretty sure we will go out to dinner hope so ~~ I don't have plans to cook anything.

Tomorrow we are going to the memorial for Dennis (my daughter's boyfriend's father who passed away a couple of days before Christmas). We have been instructed NOT to wear black since it is a celebration of his life and his eternal LIFE. There is going to be a BBQ at the beach afterwards.

WILMA~ Prayers for your son to find the job that will lead him to his future. What interests does he have? Glad the married couple are too busy to see you much . Good to see you back in control of your eating.

HILARY~ Prayers for your friend in youth group. Now get going ! If you can't make the gym ~~ WALK AROUND THE BLOCK!!

CHRISTINA~ Pecan crusted salmon sounds AWESOME!! I have a pecan crusted chicken recipe from Rachael Ray that i have been wanting to try ~~ salmon sounds better! I love salmon, I get it frequently at our "Italian" restaurant.

LORI~ Great news on you ultrasound. Prayers for your future tests to be as good. Thanks for the input on the White Castle burgers! Have you ever seen the movie, Harold and Kumar, I think it is? I saw part of it while my nephew had it on when we were in Washington this summer ~~ it was about a couple of kids going for White castle burgers ~~ anyway "your story" reminded of the movie. If I remember right it was pretty stupid and not rated for kiddos, I remember watching just a little because my nephew said it was great ~~ That should have given me a clue! Tell Mike that I always remembered a saying from my first SMOKEENDERS meeting in 1981 ~~ "You are only a puff away from a pack a day." EVERY single time I started smoking again, "just one or two " I ended up to my original couple of two packs a day! it has been over 7 years since I quit, but boy oh boy, if I would have quit in 1981 I would have probably added mucho years to my life! tell him that, or you can tell him what John Lithgow (? is that his name?) said one time on the show Third Rock From The Sun..."Smoking cuts 5 years off your life ~~ but the last 5 years usually suck anyway."

Amanda needs to look up something....be back....
Old 01-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #177  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default I'm Back

MARILYN~ So sorry to hear you are not feeling well with your headache and knees. Prayers for your health. How is your son doing? As far as i am concerned you can start a new thread anytime you want, we have high speed internet here so it isn't a problem with the pages, but I know it is hard for some of the gals.

BETH~ Congrats on your TOPS, I hope you and your mom have a great experience and meet many new friends.

MICHELE~Good luck with your pre-interview.

BREN~ 1 AM!! That's what time I got home from work yesterday. I had to work on a car dealership in Hollywood...we have to work at night so as not to get the customers dirty! Go figure...they can spend 60 thou on a car but can't stand a little drywall dust on them Prayers for your co-workers and her boys.

Well gotta go..Angie, Amanda and Zac, and Ryan all just got home, they are hanging out here in the kitchen by me...gonna go visit...

ZAC just told us to wear our Hawaiian clothes....the church will be decorated as such and tons of surfboards for decorations.

Prayers for all, Gary
Old 01-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #178  

Default Hi there!

Hi! I have been busy as we have to provide dayshift coverage for Maryanne Hospice came in Monday, and they are going to allow her to stay home instead of moving her to a more medical facility which I am happy about.
I just pray the Lord takes her quickly as she has to fight to breath, lungs have so much fluid in them, they do poor oxygen exchange. I got ready to post the other day and then got called and had to run, so here goes again.
E.Z.- The basketball game was great we won by 1 point. It was a challenge all through it exchanging who was ahead, so that was fun, and I got to see kristie cheer so that was neat. I haven't forgot your pics I have them developed and will get them in the mail. They could have been abit clearer. But they are O.K. I think its neat that they are doing the service as a party, after all it is like a graduation, He is in Christ's arms no sweeter place to be. To see His face. Prayers that service goes well.
Sami- Hey! so good to see you again! I am so glad your mom is doing better. she has had alot to deal with, as well as you!Thank your daughter for serving. Prayers for safety!
Sprout- CONGRATS down 3 lbs Maryann is my client I work in a community residence were we care for 4 severely handicapped ladies and I have 7 staff I supervise. I have cared for her for 11 years now, so almost like my kids since I don't have any! My nieces and nephews are my kids. Continued prayers for Len.
Bren- Thanks for prayers!
Fitchick2be- great job eating!
Christina- Thanks for prayers for Maryann and the nice weather, it is almost 50 again today, so unheard of in January.
Mom2five- Continued prayers for healing big answer to prayer that tests came out good.Too bad about Narnia, its a good one.
Keeping the faith- Prayers your back is soon better
Mitchy- congrats down 5.5 pounds prayers for job and denise's family.
Crk 05- prayers that you and hubby are back on track, and that your answers on school come quickly.
Wilma- prayers for doing evals, it can be hard and for DS
Hilary- prayers for your youth person! for peace about murmur.
Beth- Tops! sounds like fun for you and your mom and a way for you guys to spend quality time together.
Sorry for anyone I missed,God Bless- off to do devotions! See ya!

Last edited by doitforme; 01-21-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #179  

Default New Thread

STOP

I have started up a new thread - Christian Encouragers #211

Do not post here but come to the new thread.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #180  
Lydia Mae

Greetings to Everyone,

I am new to this thread, but I hope I can join in with all of you. I am a Christian Grandmother, and I wanted to share and encourage others. I believe in prayer and I will pray for all of you. I've been reading some of your posts and you are all very fascinating, and caring. I hope I can help you by being a friend.

I live in Illinois, have 5 children grown, and 5 grandchildren. At age 58 I may be a bit older than most of you, but I'm young at heart. My husband is a local pastor here in our small community. We've lived here for 23 yrs. now. It sure has passed quickly. I have some health issues I deal with but I trust the Lord for help with them, and He has never let me down. When I am at my lowest, He lifts me up.

I pray that all of you have a great week on your adventure with weight loss! Keep at it, I know it is worth it in the end. I struggle with it , but I will get where I need to be if I keep working at it . Just like all of you it is a journey!

With God's Help,
Carol
Closed Thread