Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #46  

Default more pics

skit outfits of angels one white one black, representing heaven and ****, I made for program, picture of navy's only concrete ship that sunk and was never removed, sticks out of water at low tide.

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:17 PM   #47  

Default a couple more

here are!
cape may lighthouse, jed one of guitar players, autumn playing piano, they were doing duet, "God of Wonders", kids on a rock jetty

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday Night

HI LOOOOOSERS

Just finished one of Angie's frittatas...spinach, tomatoes, onion and mozz. cheese.

Amanda just called and can't get into her condo Seems that since it was raining...YES! it will rain in southern California...she took her umbrella with her out the door...well, most of it any way...seems that part of it stuck in the door jamb and pulled off...she couldn't get it open 'cause it was stuck..one of her roommates with her took off to get her cell phone fixed, another one is on the way home...he is the only one that can get in through the garage door....ALL clear, she just got it unstuck.

Son needs computer to do his stuff for school...pressure on me!

SUNNY More snow!?? Maybe ya outta start thinking "RELOCATION!"

WILMA So...hummm...your birth year isn't right?....is it ever? for women?...just asking...

MARGIE Yes ...it was walking...we started in the running group...I could tell right away that I would not complete the running training, I figured that if I walked that I would complete the program...WE DID!! it took 6 months of training. YOU...ALL OF YOU CAN DO IT...or at least a half marathon...or maybe a 5K...I always walk them...we do several of them each year...the 5K's..3.1 miles...as a family...I walk, Angie, Amanda and Ryan run...sometimes the girls will walk with me...just depends.

MKAY You have the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! point on my computer dear!! Yes it is dark at 5am here...Angie feels protected though...she has 2 of the MEANEST golden retreivers known to mankind with her! Of course there is always a risk...but in our area at 5am people are heading to work and she always sees at least 5-10 people out walking or running...she also has a walking partner, a teacher friend, 2 days a week.

MICHELE Our DODGERS are in a slump!! Hollyweired isn't all that bad I see a lot of my old friends there good luck with "that guy"

SUE Placing my order early: Egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, egg roll, broccoli beef and any shrimp will do! Why are you still here? shouldn't you be on vacation? Who is watching the camper?

RACHEL My advice...and I know nothing!!...stop counting the carbs and EAT SENSIBLE...AND EXERCISE!!!...stop snacking too much and eat breakfast...lunch...and dinner...IN MODERATION!!...if you eat more...THEN...exercise more!!...

CHRISTY PROUD OF YOU!!! It is all about you dear!!...she is WITH you or AGAINST you...there is no in between!

TEEL Love the recipe!!Any more??

OK..son putting pressure on me...gotta go..............
Old 04-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #49  

Default E.z.-

You snuck in under the wire, while I was still trying to get pictures to post as new kodak is a real pain in rear. They had to be resized 9,000,000,000. Took hours. Chinese food is yummy. We unfortunately don't know when we are going as we are waiting for the chinese goverment to send paperwork, with the babys name, wt, age and what province it is coming from, then you accept the child via mail to chinese goverment, then they cut the visas and your notified of travel so will be at least a month before you get dinner, still want ta wait. Gotta work days tom, then doing lock in tom. night kids all nighter at ymca, with pastors, they have a few minutes where they share the gospel, lots of unsaved kids there. then quick sleep and work Sat. night so be back in a couple days!
everyone have an awesome weekend. See ya!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Hi

Hello!
i just came across this board a few days ago and Im really glad I did
Just wanted to introduce myself...
Karla from BC Canada...I am trying to get back into shape and get my sweettooth not so sweet...some days are sure a struggle...some days are OK....
I keep busy with my almost 2 year old son...tonight at a friends he got into her "childproof" meds bottle, and took at least a part of one of her pills...It scared me a lot and I thank God he heard my prayers and everthing is OK.
I called the poison control center and I had to monitor him while he slept for the 2 hours immediately after ingesting it (a sleeping/antidepressant pill)
but then just after I had given the situation over to the Lord...he woke right up and even got up and walked (without stumbling as he had before he fell asleep).......
So although Im still feeling guilty for not "watching" him at the time...I am so grateful God is so gracious..
Im always on the lookout for new friends..my profile has my email...and I won't have daily access to the net soon, but will check in when I can.
Bye

Karla
Old 04-29-2005, 02:25 AM   #51  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

I do hope and pray that your son is ok. gosh i am tired or i would make this longer. sorry karla.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #52  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Karla!

Glad to see that you stopped in
There are 23 of us here now 24 with you and I do have a list of everyone on the previous pages if you'd like to have it and then add your name to it

I am sorry to hear about your son and the pills so much for *childproof* lids. He didn't have to go in? Hummm He's pretty small to be taking pills like those and not be taken in to his Dr. Maybe you ought to think of calling his Dr. today just to ask. I am glad to hear that he seems to be okay. Children at that age are just so quick and nothing is *childproof* for a toddler Hope that all is well this morning

Hope that you are feeling okay today...
*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #53  
back on the wagon

I'm so tired. can't sleep. i prayed the rosary probably 8 or 9 times last night, hoping it would let me sleep. ogtta go. bye bye.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #54  

G'mornin!

lateralus98...Please don't be so hard on yourself. We learned yesterday at bible study/weight loss that we are NOT bad when we eat too much...that is a lie from satan...or if we gain (I gained back the 2 lbs I lost last week). The TRUTH is that God is our hope. He will get us through this. Give yourself a big hug...I just gave you one too and press on!

wkgirl/Karla...Aren't God's mercies good? I am grateful your son is fine. When my Rachel was small, her and I were in our 3ft pool in the backyard. I was on an air matress just floating...the next thing I knew my oldest daughter came home from school just in time to pull her sister up from just going under...I was sleeping. Talk about mercy...I didn't even know of God's forgiving goodness then either...and yet, he still took care of the situation.
By the way...welcome!

EZ...what do you mean You have the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! point on my computer dear!! Anyway, your dinner sounded wonderful. I wish someone would cook for me tonight. G hasn't cooked since he did his foot in (9 weeks now).

Sunny...thanks again for the instructions. You are so good to us.

doitforme...Glad you are home safe and sound. The day picking shells is my kind of day. The pics are great.

Mrs Smiley...need a devotion. I supposed I "could" go get it myself but I like it when you post it.

Michele...hope you are at work today and feeling better.

wilma12...too funny about the age thing. I am listed at being born in 1956 insteat of 1955...but I wasn't going to say anything...I like being younger.

Margie...Good for you with all the walking...Well, I gained the 2 pounds I lost last week. I decided that on Mon Wed Fri I have really nothing to do at night so those are the ONLY nights I am going to walk. If something comes up ahead of time, I will walk at lunch.

Didn't do well at WI last night...BUT...new mercies every day (do overs). I need to change some habits...Water…2 of my big glasses a day…maybe 3. This is my slow start. I am also going to start weighing and measuring my food. I have the First Place cook book on loan, so I’m going to go through it and make copies of the good recipes.

Well, I best get to work...not too much goin on here today but enough to keep me awake and coffee.

Hugs to you all...
Old 04-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #55  

dumb dumb here. So...the red exclamation that we can't see of our own means...
Old 04-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #56  
Walking Off The Pounds

Wink Keep on Truckin' . . . .

SunnyD - Just wanted to let you know the rain DID hold off last night and I got 2 laps in at the park, bringing my total now for April to 49.35!!!!! Rain all day today, tonite and have to dispatch tomorrow so I probably won't be able to walk outside but WILL make my 50! even if it's on the T-mill!!!! How 'bout you girl??? Are you keeping your walking up? What do you think about trying for 60 next month???

Back later with more - Margie
Old 04-29-2005, 10:38 AM   #57  
back on the wagon

You guys are doing SO great with your walking! Congratulations, Margie B. and Sunny and to all of the other walkers!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #58  

Smile

CER's!

The weather did get better and the snow did not stick, thank the Lord! The sun actually popped out on and off... (thanx SUE!) I think that we got all 4 seasons in one day yesterday! I did not go out and walk this morning... yet! I woke up to a very sore right leg I took an aspirin & it seems to be helping, it feels like muscle soreness the poor muscle was upset at me for finding & using it again I will have to see if I can get in a walk later when I am warmed up a bit more.

No real plans for Joe and I this weekend... tonight we have to go to a wake for Joe's Aunt she passed the day before yesterday at 83 yo... poor A. Connie suffered with Alzimer's (sp?) for years, so she is happy and whole with her heavenly Father today. On Saturday we'll meet our pals Mike & Peggy for breakfast; then go our separate ways... they are going on a camping trip with family - Joe & I are going grocery shopping - I know... big woop! Sunday, we have church and then we get to come home and totally relax together I just LOVE Sunday's!!!

How about all of you... any weekend plans?

*~*~*

Hello Teel, Not that much snow this time, thank the Lord! It was just a freaky cloud-burst we got... it lasted about an hour and then vanished as fast as it came It was all over the local news!! Not one weather-person predicted it... good ole *Lake Erie* strikes again Looks like we are joining you with that gray day today It's so good to see you posting often again, a good sign

So Teel... you are going to Scotland!? I have heard that it's so Beautiful there!! What an awesome trip! Do you already have tickets? Or is still in the planning stages?

I made a copy of your recipe to use later... it's with my grocery list, so I can get the ingre. (pistachio nuts & the salmon flakes) I need to try it. Both of us enjoy Salmon I'll let you know what we think once we have tried it, okay.

Hi Azulfire, Great goal for walking! W W! I don't think that I will make the 50 this month as I hoped to... it's just too much too fast form me and now my body is letting me know I wish you well on your goal!! Keep us informed, will you

Sorry sweets... but I couldn't let go of any of my boys They are my furry kids! They do not go outdoors and are fine with that - they know nothing else... I have had them since they were 5 weeks old. I would worry myself sick (like you did) if mine ever got out and lost We have an enclosed porch that they can go out on anytime they want to (via the kitty door) and they have a blast out there! We have kitty toys, bird feeders to entertain them and a kitty gym for them --- yes, they are very spoiled I do hope that one day your sweet kitty *Xena* will come home to you, you just never know. You wrote *bowels* instead of *bowls* and I just couldn't help but even though I totally know where you are coming from with your feelings. I am not making light of your feelings at all... just of your typo --- it hit my funny-bone I do hope she makes her way back to you...

Hi MKay, You are so welcome, girl

You would enjoy *DIY* --- do you have satellite or cable?? You can locate the show there, just look it up in your program list if you have either one of them. I am a huge fan of *HGTV* - *DIY* & *FOOD* channels. I hope you will be able to find it. Another fav of my is the Scrapbooking show on *DIY*

It did reach 52* yesterday for us... it's about 48* right now... still waiting for the WARMER temps
Awwwwwe, Mary... feel better today... it's a new day Thank the Lord!!!

Hi Christy, I am so happy for you and your DM... it will make your program go so much smoother now that you have both chatted and gotten things out into the open *Wishing you well* ~ *Stay Strong* No hard feeling here

Hi Margie B Good to see you Did you get the PM (private message) I sent you? I am thinking that we should exchange e-mail addresses (by Private Message please) so that we can stay in touch (for times we cannot here)...

GREAT JOB ON YOUR MILES GIRL!!!!
I hope I don't disappoint you, but I really don't think that I will be getting in 50 miles this month, but I'll try. My Goal for next month will be 50 - 60 miles and if I do more - super - but I really have to be careful. I was one very ill person before you came onto the tread and I don't want to get sick again because I wore myself down. Now... it's not you, so don't even go there! I enjoy the *push* and our walks I just have to remember that I do have limits and to be careful. I so want to reach *5 miles a day ~ 5 days a week* walk --- but that will have to be my goal for the month of June, okay For *May* I will work on the *3 - 3.5 miles a day ~ 5 days a week* and if I do 3.5 a day I could get in 70 miles for the month if my calculations are correct. I get so excited at the thought... but have to make sure I don't get sick again (talkin' to myself now )... and I seem to be talkin in circles

You are so welcome for the list... make sure to add our new gal, Karla, on Did you see the post I added for *IMAGES*?? Look for it... it will help you post your pics

Hey there SUE!!! Thank you so much for *trying* to wave some sunshine our way We did get some yesterday... that had to be when you were out these waving Thanks!!! Boy are we ever gonna have good looking arms

As always I so enjoyed reading your post about your trip to NJ with the kids That is just so cool that the 96 yo woman remember your kids from last year... good for those kids, not to mention that I am in *awe* of her memory! I struggle everyday

LOVE ~ LOVE ~ LOVE all your pictures!!!!! The one with all the kids together on the beach made me laugh so hard --- they all look like "do we have to have our picture taken again?!" Whine... whine... Too funny... Great job on the outfits for the kids!! And that ship looks eerie like that... doesn't it? As for Cape Cod... do you know that Joe have been to Maine and back several times in our lifetime and have NEVER been there! I think I will look into it for our next trip That shot of the lighthouse is awesome! Good job! Those kids are so blessed to have you!

Gary... *Relocation* --- Believe me... Joe is giving it allot of thought these days! And I have even entertained the thought the last few weeks Glad to hear that Amanda got into her condo but I am sure she wasn't too worried... she had her daddy to call

Hi Rachel, Maybe a little sleepytime tea before bedtime (w/ no sugar) would help calm you... sounds like you had something with a bit too much caffeine or sugar or may just have too much going on with your thoughts. Sometimes doing something very simple like playing some calming music and taking in slow deep breathes will help you to relax. You need that sleep girl!

*~*~*

God Bless all those that have been lurking and not able to post right now...
You are all in my continued *Prayers*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #59  

Default I have been Missing in Action this week :o(

I don't know if anyone noticed but I have not been around for about a week now. NOT GOOD!
I lost 4 pounds last week and then proceeded to blow it
Why do I do this to myself!
Anyway, I will say that I have surprised myself a little.
In the past when I messed up for more than a day I was off on a downward
spiral for a few weeks before I could pick myself back up and get on with it.
I must have managed to salvage enough days this past week because I did't gain any weight. Still holding at 218. That was very encouraging.
I walked 1 mile yesterday and I am back on track.
My DD is joining me in eating right now. (She wants to shed a few pounds before my DS wedding May 28th. She is one of the bridesmaids.
It sure helps when someone else in the house is on the same track.
I talked to my DH last night and explained to him how hard it is to eat and cook right when he doesn't like what I make (it's not yummy fattening )
He agreed to not complain about what I make or the foods I have in the house (or rather the foods I don't have in the house...junk)
for 1 month. I'm hoping that by then he will be used to eating healthier.
He's not a terrible complainer but I like to please him and I cook my meals
toward that end.
Well, thanks for letting me "talk".
Hope you all have a glorious day in the Lord today.
Virginia
Old 04-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #60  

Red face Ohhh, I noticed Virginia...

I wondered where you went to... but we try not to pry Life happens and sometimes we cannot get here everyday, it's okay (((Hugs)))

Please don't be so hard on yourself You reminded me of a comic I read in *For Better or For Worse* ~~ The mom had been on a diet, got up one morning and weighed herself... she was "thrilled" to see that she had lost weight and then proceeded to go into the kitchen with a huge smile on her face --- --- to bake some cookies to celebrate! ~~ I just laughed so hard when I read that and saved the comic, because it's so true! We have a need to reward ourselves with our fav. foods Now... today is a brand NEW day... don't even look back, okay. Just pick up from here now... you cannot go back, but you can move forward Try something new... reward yourself with a trinket or a walk outdoors or a bath

Don't stay away so long, okay... that is what we are all here for!!!!
To be there for one another I think it's great that
you have your DD to do this with

(((Love & Hugs)))

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread