Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 08:06 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI GALS

Hope this finds you all doing better with all the prayers we are sending your way!!

A little sadness here, although it doesn't affect me too much as I didn't know the people...my goddaughter's coach from high school was murdered in Washington a few days ago...he was returning game films from a football game to the school late one night and someone stabbed him...no reason or suspect as of now. Then on Saturday when Angie and I were returning from Amanda's tennis match we saw a car go off the road and down an embankment...we didn't see what happened..just a blur and dust...we were about a quarter mile away in the fast lane..it happened in the slow lane and several cars pulled over right away, we decided to keep going as it appeared alot of help was there, cell phones were out immediately and we didn't want to add to the confusion...looky loos...well we didn't see anything in the paper until yesterday...they had to notify the kids parents...the driver was a 24yr old male, attending a local junior college here...he was cut off by another car that didn't stop...he went over the side into a 4 foot drainage ditch full of water...he died...the people couldn't help him...not sure if he drowned or what but now I feel bad...maybe if we stopped we could have helped...you just read so many times how people get killed on the freeway trying to help someone...so sad...driving along minding your own business then 30 seconds later dead. So important to get the message of salvation out!! You just never know do you.

The puppies seem to like their new dog run...it is more than what they used to have during the day but now they can't get to the grass and run the entire backyard (think they miss that for sure!).

Reba is getting better about barking at shadows...she gets one warning then if she barks again we put her in "TIME-OUT" on their bed in the living room...at first she tried to sneak off but after sticking to it with the punishment now we just tell her "GO TO YOUR BED BAD GIRL!" and she does..most of the time...and just lays there until we allow her up...usually 5 minutes...then she is fine for quite awhile...it's funny hearing her "catch" herself in a bark...starts to then stops...she is learning!

MKAY The picture of Nikki is fabulous...what a sweetie! Great work on the jewlery too! Love concerts in the park...we usually go often but not this year with the vacation and "stuff". Boy that BINGO can be a rough game..I had no idea!! I'm staying away. Glad your sis wasn't hurt by Frances. Oh yea..you asked ages of my kids...son Ryan 23..daughter Amanda 21...step-daughter Lara 16..and my nephew (Angie and I are guardians) Ron is 13...the girls Reba is 8 months and Rylee is 7 months ...Angie is older than she admits and I feel and look OLDER than I am

MICHELE So you are in the poncho business now huh...good deal! LOVE THE IDEA OF YOU SETTING GOALS...REALISTIC ONES!!!! Yes! great idea keeping a list and posting them on a board...good luck at the B. Women's training group..they sure need you. Hey what happened to coaching high-jump? Only YOU know if you should call John...as for me, I never minde if a girl called...but then I am shy...so, what is the worst that could happen? he says NO...so then you have your answer and can move on...but if he says YES...then it's Yipee! I figured out that after a couple of times with someone, at the most..it was either worth persuing or not...didn't want to waste a bunch of time on the what ifs....remembering that there are times people can be JUST FRIENDS...but that really usually doesn't work does it Make the call and go for it...or...move on!! Psst...don't listen to me...I am a man...what in the heck do I know

BUNNA RETREAT!!!! Great job plannning ahead with the snacks. 17 years old is so young...yes it really doesn't matter "how" it happened...my cousin that lost his 17 year old son in the car crash Memorial week-end is still trying to figure out how he could have crashed...part of the grieving process, but it won't bring the kid back even if my cousin could prove his son wasn't speeding as the police report read..sad. Praying for a safe trip for your DH and friends...good luck on your goals too! Adopting...hummm...really think about it dear...Yes you probably could do a great job...but maybe the Lord led her to you to "FIND" someone to adopt the kids...take it slow on this one...that is a big big situation. As much as I love my nephew and feel blessed to have him...well, let's just say it really changed mine and Angie's lives...our kids were pretty well grown and could take care of themselves etc..we could come home from work and say "see ya kids, we are going to the beach for a walk and dinner..you are on your own"...now we can do that with Ron..it is just a little tougher..plus he always has someplace to go, tennis, youth group, etc...and he is only 1 kid...Prayers.

SUNNY Thanks for the IBS website...I already saw it, Amanda too! Her package came and I took it to her on Saturday...she will look at everything I am sure..she doesn't like the pain either!! In regards to Amanda and Zack's tennis match..I posted it ....don't you read ALL my posts? They lost in a close match...they should have won but they haven't been playing much tennis for a few months so they were not in shape for a match...I wasn't..and this is SO BAD OF ME and TOTALLY AGAINST WHAT I "DO" dissapointed because then I didn't have to go down for the matchs on Sunday and then Monday if they kept winning...ya see..I just had soooo much to do...and it was soooo hot...NO! REALLY! IT WAS Great pics of the boys!! Wish I could put my "girls" in a basket..used to be able to..now they just EAT them ...Mercy me...something's coming your way

DALEMARIE How hot is it for you? Down here in Oceanside it was 101-102 on Sunday and Monday...HOT! for us beach people!! Come down here and visit sometime...we have lots of Rancheros in the area and missions...San Luis Rey is just a few miles from me. Cool down will ya

SAMI My goodness dear..I really miss you but it is getting where I hate to see your name come up with a post because you have had nothing but rotten luck lately. KEEP POSTING!!! though. Send your dog my way...the girls are always looking for company! We were taught in puppy school to call the dogs name and yell COME...giving them an EXTRA special treat...EVERY time...that way whenever we yell it the puppies would come...we did and they do...we do it all the time...several times a week just to keep them in check...it has never failed and we have used it in possible "running away" situations where they have gone out the door to "see" someone they know and want to "love them up". Prayers for YOU, your family, SFIL family, mother and your daughter and baby. Get on the IBS site Sunny suggested..I think it is a good one....pain-- pain go away!!

SUE -- WILMA-- SHERRY (where are you?) Hope all is well!!

MICHELE P.S.-- I am not a Kerry fan..however...misquoting "where" the scripture is...especially reversing numbers...isn't too darn important really...misquoting and reversing God's word in the scripture is! Most people won't ever bother to look up the scripture....but many may remember what was said. Either way...don't sweat the small stuff! Stick to what is important...the message and who sent it. It always amazes me how the media JUMPS all over mistakes that were said...words crossed up..misquoted.."potato" etc, but yet, let them "READ" an inspiring speech written by "speech writers" and "OH MY GOODNESS--if they just aren't the second coming!"

Well, Angie has dinner waiting for me...a lot of salads here lately with the heat and all...boy I am getting so skinny HEY STOP LAUGHING at me!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #47  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OK Gary.......and Mkay.......you win! I had to call John today at work re: my Usana order (long story, but i needed to ask him a technical question about the website, blah, blah), he was at lunch but sounded happy to hear from me...told him to finish lunch but call me when he could, he called right before i was leaving work, we talked awhile about my original question and other stuff......but then i had to go, and asked if he wanted me to call later, cuz we were kind of the middle of conversation, he said sure, so i did, and we talked AGAIN for over an hour! And i asked him if he wanted to meet after work on Friday for a drink, and he said, ya, that sounds good, and maybe we should go to dinner too! So, we'll see how it goes. He has been out of town all last week on business and away the whole weekend and just got back to town on Tuesday....and here i was thinking he just wasn't calling. I'm secretly really excited about drinks and dinner on friday!!! but don't tell. :secret:
Old 09-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #48  

Default Love is in the Air...

Mitchy-
Whew!!!...Me being a romantic at heart...almost choked on my chinese food at lunch when I read about the John conversations. I immediately started eating faster. Ok, what are you going to wear, how are you going to wear your hair, what kind of perfume... Waaaayyyy too fun! I wish I were there to assist in any way I could.

Well all...I decided that I am an emotional eater. I had a little stress this a.m. so I decided to immediately eat 3 fun size candybars. Guess who got a headache shortly thereafter?

DH probably won't leave for AR until late Friday or early Saturday morning. That's ok...I'm still going to make jewelry all weekend. Music pumped through the house, and I'm thinking about taking a vacation day on Monday. Work will be slow anyway.

Bunna-
Your weekend awaits!

You are all in my prayers. Have a joyfilled day.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #49  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gang!

MKAY ~ I think that your prices are very reasonable and that you do a wonderful job making jewelry!

Hey there Gary ~ My goodness!!! How very, very sad a to hear about your GD's coach!! !! Hope they find you did it soon! And how sad for that young man too... nope, you just never know when your time is up.

Glad to hear that the pups are enjoying their new run. Hope they continue to behave themselves for you & Angie. Reba barks at shadows huh, how cute. It's because they don't see they way we as humans do. I know that cats see in hues of grays (what a shame to think - no color), but because of that they see things we don't and find shadows may spook them or they play with them depending on how the light is. Sounds like Reba is very smart! Labs are very smart dogs.

Okay... ... ...you can stop picking on meeee I cannot help it if I forget what I read It happens to those of us gettin up in years (hint hint) You don't always answer my questions... hummmm does that mean you don't read all of my posts Thanks for repeating it for me --- too bad they lost, but it didn't seem to bother you none

I am feeling soooooo much better - it's amazing how good! Believe me I will behave and continue to eat the foods I should eat to stay this way. I got in 2.25 miles yesterday and about 30 min. of stretching time and hope to do the same today. Tomorrow I go to Curves & walk 1 mile. It sure does feel good getting back into life again I do hope that the food program helps Amanda too! Glad to hear that she has the books & has visited the site --- please keep me informed on how she is doing, especially if she begins to feel better.

Michele ~ Glad to hear that you finally called John I wanted to tell you the same thing, but was afraid to give you bad advice (see I should have said something ). I myself would have called him long ago without hesitating, but that's me. I so hope that all goes well and you have the bestest time out together on Friday... I know you will! Now that you are feeling so much better you will be able to enjoy his company so much more and not be thinking about the pain.

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #50  

Default My tip for today

Step Tip - Mom's Taxi or the Carpool
If you take your kids to sports or activities, dedicate 10-20 minutes of that time to walking around after dropping them off or when you arrive early to pick them up. If you carpool, arrive early and walk while waiting for your partners.

Being Prepared to Walk
I keep some essentials in my car or office in case I get the opportunity to walk. These include a pair of shoes, socks, hat, windbreaker, and a fanny pack or small backpack with a water bottle. With those I'm ready to walk most anytime.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:48 PM   #51  

Smile

Marilyn!
I hope you don't mind, but I am going to copy and paste this on the Walkers Thread I post on

Hope you are doing okay... continued prayers for you and for your DS!
{{{Hugs}}}
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Thursday

HI GALS.......ANOTHER HOT ONE HERE TODAY!

Boy, us folks on the Southern California coast sure have a tough time in the heat And to think I was just trying to convince Angie to re-locate to southern Arizona since it is so cheap there...NOW I KNOW WHY ..Heck, I knew why...I spent three years in Yuma...easy to forget the heat though when it is 70 most of the summer here. It had to be close to 100 again today...I'm guessin' but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it

MICHELE Great news with John...ENJOY!

MKAY You will still get some time to yourself!...ENJOY!

SUNNYD I know Labs are smart...my puppies are Golden Retriever's ..therefore Reba chases shadows and Rylee eats the Rosemary bush!!

SPROUT Hope things are going well with the kids.

Hope everyone else is well and just too busy to post.

another sad day here, one of the superintendents on the job I do work for just found out he has terminal cancer....he is about 51....I just finished doing the drywall finish on his home about 4 months ago...he and his wife had lived there for 25 years...had several acres for their horses...the house was small but they were finally able to make it their dream home, through exstensive remodel work and additions...the nicest Craftsman style home I have ever seen...anyway now this. Prayers asked for Steve and his wife Laurel.

Well, off to watch my favorite player (Peyton Manning) wish he played on my RAIDERS!! FOOTBALL IS BACK...sorry Babe, catch up with you after the season....no really Angie I was kidding...no really babe, honest...hey!! come back here....hey.....AH MAN...guess I am cooking for myself...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #53  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!!

You know, I check up with you guys every day but don't always have time to post. I feel bad about it but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been busy trying just to get things done around the house and yard. Winter comes fairly early in Canada and I need to get some flower beds cleaned out etc. (Today was gorgeous out. Maybe fall will be a little later in coming.)

I'm refinishing a night table I got on my holidays. I've done it in an ebony stain and it's turning out really lovely. I can hardly wait to start using it.

I'm also plannin a BD party for my dad. He's turning 80 on the 14th and I'm having whoever of his siblings that can come on the 19th. It's a surprise and I'm having fun planning the menu and decorations. (OKAY, Gary. You can say it this time!!)

I've been doing a lot better with my workouts lately. I did the Prevention Walk You Way Slim yesterday and found I have a long way to go. At least I have a goal I can reach. I did cancel my Curves membership. I loved going but found it so hard to go out so early in the morning and knew that with winter coming I'd have to find an alternative that I could do at home. So, I bought some DVD's and am going to try doing them at least 3 mornings a week.

Sunny: Thank you for being here. You add such a positive and encouraging presence.

Michele: I am so happy for you and that you and John are going out for dinner. Keep us posted. We're reliving our romances through you!!

Gary: You're right . We never know when our time is going to come. Let's be ready. So tragic about the young man and your goddaughter's coach.
Glad to hear you have those pups under control!! Yeah right!! At least you can corrall them for a while right?

Bunna: Your jewelry sounds lovely. Will we see pics?

Sami: Keeping you in my prayers.

Well, gotta go. Talk more later.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:33 PM   #54  

Smile

Gary ~ I think I am on another planet these days... I know you have retrievers, I don't know why I said Labs

Quote:
another sad day here, one of the superintendents on the job I do work for just found out he has terminal cancer....he is about 51....
I am so very sorry to hear this about your friend... *Prayers* for he and his family! What a shame

Wilma ~ Great to hear from you! Sounds like you have been one very busy lady! We had a bad bout of rain the last two days here, but it is suppose to be real nice for the next three days... Fall-like I love the Fall!!!

Your night-table sounds like it's going to be just beautiful when you've finished it. Pictures

And your father is going to be 80! God Bless him!!! Hope he's in good health, I am sure he will love his party and seeing everyone again. That party sounds like one I'd like to come to Give him Happy Birthday Wishes from me would you...

Well... it's past my bedtime, so I'll be seeing you all tomorrow.
Good Night all ~ Sleep well!
*God Bless*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #55  

Talking Tgif

Hello All!

Well, DH decided to go south Sunday. UGH!!! Destroyed all my "alone" plans. He has too much work to do in order to leave earlier. That's ok...I'll just still do jewelry at least on Sunday after church.

I opened up my Power of a Praying Women book today and just said, God, show me what You want me to read. Well, I had my bookmark at a specific spot cuz I was not done there yet. EEK! All about caring for your body, drink, exercise, etc. Yup, convicted. Went to the g. store @ lunch and bought a lean cusine entree and a pear for my snackie.

I will be leaving work today @ 2:30 to have a bit of vac time and since it is soooo lovely out today, I will just enjoy my time at home...maybe outside and read some.

I will be cking in sometime throughout the weekend...

EZ-
Gosh, sorry about your goddaughter's coach.

Everyone...huge prayers for all in Florida...again. I'll stay right here in good ole Grand Rapids, MI...for today.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #56  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay~enjoy your time off this afternoon!

You guys are too funny about John! Mkay, i'm going kind of casual, i'm wearing black dress pants, they are boot cut, and some black highheels, and a t-shirt and my black mohair poncho. As you can tell my color of choice is BLACK! I have to go home, redo my makeup and touch up my hair. I've worn this outfit before so i know i'll feel good in it and comfortable. I'm not calling it a date, it's whatever it is....

My mom is home with shingles..... poor thing. Told me the other night she thought she was getting the flu, but started having shooting pain, went to urgent care and she had a rash and they are pretty sure it's shingles. She's taking it easy today and should be fine.

I'm so excited, Petra, the Christian contemporary group is having a FREE concert in Chaska in the city park tomorrow night, that is the next town over from work. I think i may go, and depending on how it goes tonight, i'll see if John wants to go.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #57  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Well guys, no weekend off for me. My dad had an anuerysm rupture yesterday noon. It is a miracle he is still alive and since the surgery there is a 20% survival rate but he is doing so well right now we are hoping that he will be in that 20%. So the hospital ICU family area provides computers, so I wanted to request your prayers. I will check in some later but please pray for dad and my family for God's peace and keeping in mind that God is in control.

Will check in later to see if I can concentrate on catching up with you all.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:14 PM   #58  

Unhappy

You have my *Prayers* Bunna!

I am going to a couples bible study tonight and I will bring your father and you up in prayer --- I promise!

As well as all those on this thread needing prayers!

*God Bless*
Hugs
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AAHHH...MKAY!! Just can't get that ALONE time can ya..hehehe..ya know maybe if you "love him up" a little he'd leave sooner...HA! OR STAY!!!!....why don't you gals want us men around...lol...don't bother to answer...I already know!! what a pain in the ... we are.

MICHELE (aka..JOHNNY CASH)...you're right...it isn't a date...with what you are wearing it sounds like WWF SMACKDOWN...(wrestleing for those more sophisticated than me)...sounds to me like you are dressed to kill and are going in to "TAKE YOUR MAN!!"...good for you!!! Have fun at Petra if you get the chance to go.

WILMA...I promise not to call you "MARTHA"...yea RIGHT!!! have fun planning...enjoy the new work-out routine...I have all the confidence in you to keep up with the exercise..no matter which way you decide to go...give those 3 big guys a hug this week-end when they least expect it!!!...trust me....the payback will be worth it!!

SUNNYD.. I know you KNOW I have golden (pain in the you know what) retrievers!! I was just messing with you...AH, MERCY ME!!! ya just never know what is coming now do ya? Give Joe the week-end off to enjoy football...

HI to everyone else...BUNNA...how is the retreat going?
Old 09-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OH MY GOODNESS BUNNA...I JUST POSTED WHILE YOU DID>>>PRAYERS, PRAYERS and MORE PRAYERS for you and your dad/family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread