Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:12 PM   #31  

Hi everyone

We didn't do much this weekend. It's been miserably hot! Of course, our a/c had to go and break down before this heatwave. The weather forecast says tomorrow will be the last very hot day. I sure hope so!

On Friday, I finished crocheting some cat coasters for my aunt and sent them out to her. She had sent the pattern and yarn to me and asked me to make them. She loves cats!

On Monday, we took the kids for a drive and toured an old, historical ranchero. It was pretty interesting. My son, Paul, loves history so he enjoyed it very much.

Wilma: Congratulations on the weight loss! Sounds like you are doing great with all the exercising.

Bunna: No, I’m not doing the South Beach diet, just loosely following the diabetes diet I was on when I had gestational diabetes. I am getting curious about the South Beach diet though. So many people seem to be on it.
I’m so very sorry about the death of your friend’s son. My prayers go out for his family and friends.

Mary: I hope your sister’s apartment will be okay. A very scary situation going on there! Sounds like you had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

Kymmi: Welcome! I think you are very brave to try parachuting! I hope you get to do it one day, and I’d love to hear all about it. With the weight loss so far, it sounds like you are on your way to getting that parachuting experience!

Michele: I’m glad your physical therapy session went well. I remember the poncho I had in 4th grade which someone had crocheted for me. I LOVED it!

Sami: Oh my, I’m sorry to hear about everything that is happening. I will pray for your family.

Sunny: Hmm, my birthday? I don’t remember when it is. Yes, the diabetes dietician I had to see weekly when I was pregnant told me that Splenda is okay to use. I used to buy hot chocolate packets with Splenda in them to satisfy my chocolate cravings! Yum. I’ve never tried it yet in a recipe though. I’m glad you’ve been feeling better regarding the IBS! And it sounds like you had a very nice weekend.

EZ: Sounds like a big job getting rid of all those blocks. How nice that you saved a bunch of money doing it yourself. Congratulations on finishing your fence! By the way, I hate shopping too! I’ve always felt a little strange for having this quirk. Now I feel a little better knowing your wife hates shopping too.

Marilyn: What a heartbreaking situation you are in. It sounds like you are doing what you need to do since he’s left you little choice. I can imagine how difficult it must be though. Praying for you all.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #32  

Hello I am stopping in for some prayers and support. I don't know if I have let you in on what has been going on My SFIL died thursday and we are doing his service on Sat. It was sudden and I know it probly should not have been such a supprise he was 88 but if you would have met him you could not tell he was a day over 65! He was having problems with his stomach and they did an scan and found tumors on his liver then on tuesday they did a biospy and he was in so much pain afterward and they just sent him home. On wensday his pain was so bad I feel it brought on his heart attack and he was in the hospital they were going to take him to surgery because they thought maybe he was bleeding inside from the biospy and they got him to the surgery room and he died before they could even put him to sleep. Then today I took my mom to the Dr. her voice has been gone for awhile now and she would not go to the DR. The did a scope and found a tumor and cancer. They need to do a biospy but her blood pressure is so low they need an OK from her Dr because they are afraid if they put her alseep she wont wake up. And Pray for my DD she goes for another scan Wensday Please keep her in your prayers for a safe pg. I really worry a lot about her with her cysts and she also has one on her back I am worried will flare up. Stress is killing my IBS. That is why I have not been on The pain is killing me.

Sunny-thank you for the web pages I will read up and see if I can make changes to help.
Ez-Can I add my dog to your pen? she is really tiny and she ran after a car the other day. She is so fast I couldn't catch her. Then she took off after some kid on a bike. So she has to be on a leash to go out now.
Dalemarie-I hope you get your ac fixed. I can't stand to be hot!
Bunna-so sorry for the loss of you friends child. I will keep the family in my prayers that they find comfort during this time.
Wilma-way to go!
Sprout-I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. I had a friend who had to put her DD in juvenile because she was running away and the DD had cancer and was missing treatments that could have cost her life. It was a hard choice but the out come turned out go. She is now cancer free and doing well in school,
Mkay-have fun doing your beads!!!! When my Mom is better we are going to make a scrapbook together. She has a lot of pictures in boxes.
Plantowalk-Way to go on your weight loss you are off to a great start just think by christmas you will need a new wardrobe!
Sue-enjoy these last few weeks of summer before you know it winter will be here and you wont get to enjoy camping.
mitchypoo-I am glad you are feeling better. I was really praying hard for you.
marlyin-Prayers are with you. We are here for you.
kymmi-At one time in my life I wanted to parachute but now I know I would break into many parts! LOL

I am sorry I took so much space. I am keeping all of you in my prayers.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #33  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!!

DaleMarie ~ I am soooo very sorry I forgot you in my post yesterday... I surely didn't mean to I heard that it was plenty hot in California, I hope you get your AC up and running real soon! I don't know what I'd do without mine! Gary mentioned it and I have been watching the weather channel to keep up with all that is going on in this U.S. of A.

No birthdate for you ~ hummmmm... ... .... a shame really ~ life is to be celebrated at any age I hope you will rethink maybe sharing a day and a month?

To bake with Splenda you just sub it where sugar would go... but I go a little less because it seems sweeter to me. I made muffins the other day with it and it came out just fine. Wal-Mart sells it in a big pour bag for about $6.00 and it goes a long way.

And don't you ever worry about taking up space --- have you seen how much space I take up It's a wonder anyone wants to hear from me?!??!?

Sami ~ I do hope those threads for IBS help you! The stress surely doesn't not help you at all!! It is soooo good to hear from you, but how sad everything is right now for you You have my continued *prayers*!!!!!

Sending some {{{Big hugs}}} too

*~*~*

We are getting some storms from the hurricane moving up and some thunder so I really must be going to get in my walk this morning (before we have no electric!) and grab a bite to eat. Catch you all later...

*God Bless*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-08-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #34  

Default Wednesday! Soon to be Friday!

As you can see...I'm excited about my weekend alone. DH may leave the dog, which is ok by me.

Bunna- Great goal. I screwed up already on Tuesday at bingo with the "Shepards." You will have much relaxation on all levels this weekend. You are so prompt with having your snackies ready to go. Will you adopt me? Take care of me? I'm really not high maintenance.

A little rucus at bingo last night...one of the guys didn't like it that all the women won the "big" bingo prizes...2 pillows, satin cases and a men's electric razor. He threw a tantrum.

Get a load of this...called my sister in FL, and she said she was feeling so guilty that she had lights, a/c, cable TV, food, etc. She said she thinks God wants her to serve other people with her luxurys. I told her NOT to feel guilty because it is Grace...free gift BUT yes, share/serve. She has a lady from work and her son staying with her while the lady's hubby fixes the house and another lady came over and did 5 loads of laundry. Amen!

Mitchy- Yeah...where are the pics? I'd like to be wearing a poncho right now, I'm so chilly at work. You go girl! Don't let that pain slow you down.

Sunny- Glad to hear from you. You and hubby sound so loving and comfortable with whatever you do together. Keep on truckin!

Sami- Oh my goodness...your FIL...what a sad and sudden thing. Your mother? Geesh...you are probably living in the bathroom...I wish I could give you a huge hug and just sit a bit and have you relax. How old is your DD? First preg? Prayers of peace to surround and encamp your entire family, household and all who you care about. I pray that in the Lord's name. Amen!

DaleMarie- You like crafts? I do enjoy making things. My craft night with the folks at Shepard's is going to be next Tue and we are making orgami boxes. Wish me luck! Birthday...c'mon sista...out with it!

EZ- Nikki is over 2 now and she is a love. Not wild anymore or anything like that. Actually, she calmed down at just about 2 yrs old. I just tried to post a pic of her...not sure if it will come through or not.

Well all else...post soon and have a blessed day!

Hugs and more hugs...
Old 09-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #35  

Default Hey...Posting Pics Worked...Here's More...

Some pics of the jewelry I make...

This is way too much fun.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #36  

Smile

Hi MKay ~ So good to hear from you. I just love the picture of your dog, Nikki!! Your Nikki is the same age as my two boys (cats) - they turned 2 in June. What expression on her face Beautiful dog!!! I just love animals!!!! I mentioned to Gary that usually after the age of 2 they begin to grow out of there puppy behavior and you have confirmed it. Look at that face!

As for your jewlery... you do a marvelous job!!! Do you sell it at boutiques and such? I cannot believe how beautiful those pieces are!! My gradmother made jewelry too and I have some beaded necklaces of hers... a treasured craft! Just beautiful MKay!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #37  

Smile

MKay ~ Here is a picture of my 2 boys---> Guido standing in the back and his brother Zeppe... taken last May.

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #38  

Smile

And here is a picture of my Domino who is now 8 years old. This picture was taken in May of last year, but he looks his same ole handsome self He's my charmer

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 01:25 PM   #39  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi guys!

Oh Mkay!~I just love that pic of Nikki! What a sweet dog! But i'm very partial to labs...my Simba is a black lab (mixed w/Rott). Nikki will be very happy to have time alone with you this weekend I bet. Simba didn't know what to do with me home 3 whole days....she was so funny. And now that i redid my bed, i made a place for her to sleep right next to me so she's very happy. I've been sleeping with my body pillow under my knees lately so she can get closer and likes that. And the jewelry! WOW! It is just beautiful. You are very talented dear.

Sunny! cute pic of the boys too! Isn't funny how they find the wierdest places to get comfortable? Tom likes to sleep in my armoire. Sometimes the side with shelves comes open and that's where he goes. He also likes to sit in the bathtub. Wierd cat!

I think i upset my cousin yesterday.....she sent out (forwarded) an email that basically said that Kerry quoted scripture wrong, and instead of saying John 3:16, he said John 16:3, which says something negative....blah blah, it was just saying don't vote democrat, vote republican. Well i sometimes check these claims out on snopes.com and this is untrue. The rumor started with the last presidential election and so i told her it wasn't true and sent her the snopes page. She sent it to everyone and said it was in fact not true and that she didn't have TIME to check everything, so she wasn't going to forward anymore. My point is, if you are going to bad-mouth someone you should make sure it's true, i don't care what party they belong to. Anyway, i told her in an email that i hoped she wasn't offended. I don't feel bad for telling her though...

I'm contiuing to feel good and no pain! But i've had some bad headaches, had one last night, and i think it's because i'm cutting down of caffeine. Went to bed early and took some pain med and it's better today. Doing so so with the goals, got a soda with lunch . I just order without thinking and then think....oh, why'd i do that!

Will post a pic of poncho soon. I'm wearing one today that i bought. It's a really fine knit in black. It must be wool or mohair cuz i have a shortsleeve shirt underneath and i'm ROASTING! It's only getting to 65 here today and feels like fall. We're having the leaves turning also.

This Sunday i'll be in the parade in my work's little town! We hand out Allstate nerf balls and candy to the kids. And...i think i'll be able to walk the parade! I wasn't so sure a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #40  

Default Me Again!

I LOVE the kittys. I would love to have a couple of cats at home but DH is allergic to them and he's not real fond of them anyway. I have not always been a dog person until a gal at work brought a PAWS puppy in everyday and the dog just took to me. Then, when DH I got married, he had three dogs, then two, then one, then none...then Nikki and she is a delight. I do love animals as well now that I had the chance to know them.

I love the pic of the kittys with the toilet paper. Too funny.

I just came in from outdoors and it is absoutely beautiful out today. This may sound wierd but I sorta hope is crummy this weekend so I will WANT to stay indoors and work on projects. If it's nice out...I may not stay indoors like I need to.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #41  

Default ...and Again!

Mitchy- Have any pics of Simba? DH would have a fit if I let Nikki sleep on any piece of furniture yet alone the bed. She cannot go in the livingroom or our bedroom...all other rooms are ok and she knows this. If her ball goes in the livingroom, she comes to tell me and then show me. Hee Hee
I keep her toybox in my office (if you want to call it that since I don't do office work in there).

I probably should not be on-line too much more today since I am at work, but I just don't stay focused on anything too long and I bounce around.

Again...so looking forward to the weekend...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #42  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Only have a minute guys just wanted to say hi. Love those pictures, of course, you know how I am with animals. We are not up to 10 cats (siamese, 2 siamese mixes, and the rest are mutts) and four dogs (1 Boston Terrier, 1 Boxer, 1 Boxer mix, 1 Australian Sheperd/Golden Retreiver mix.) Oh yeah don't forget all the fish. Will have to get a digital so I can send you all some pictures. Love them all. MKay, love that jewelry. Do you sell it?

Off to work, dh left for Alaska at 4:30 this a.m. and that puts me totally in charge so long days today and tomorrow then off to the retreat. I am soooooo looking forward to those three days.

Someone asked me to adopt her three children last night 11, 9, 1 1/2, so even though I am screaming no inside I have to pray about this and listen to what God wants. The idea of being 70 with a teenager in the house is a bit much but I also know that if this is a God thing He will provide all that I need including energy. I will probably say no but I do have to give her the consideration of thinking about it. I guess someone I cannot picture why anyone would choose me to raise their children, she must see something in me that I cannot see.

Well that was long winded for a short note. Love to all and I will catch up this evening with posts. Everyone have a blessed day today.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:36 PM   #43  

Smile

MKay ~ but that's a paper-towel roll not TP roll The picture was taken in the laundry room You never answered my question about your jewelry---> do you sell it?

*~*~*

Here is a more recent picture of the 2 boys - here you can see their size This was taken in April - 04
Zeppe is the one on the Left much grayer in color & 14 lbs.
Guido is the one with a darker pattern to his coat & 15 lbs.

and here is one of my fish on top of my desk

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #44  

Smile

Michele ~ to you too I just so enjoy pictures! You know that... waiting for yours

Yeah... my boys always sleep in the laundry baskets all the time or on our bed --- so adorable!

That is sooooooooooooooo awesome that you will walk in a parade this Sunday I never would have thought it would happen with the pain you have been in ~ God is soooo good!!!

Bunna ~ I wish you well during this time you are alone with the restaurant. You will soooooo need that retreat by the weekend ~ enjoy!!!!

*Prayers* for you while you make a very concerning decision to adopt those children... that is a very heavy commitment for someone already heavily committed. I will pray that you will hear a clear word from our Lord as to what to do I am sure that Gary could give you a guiding word - he took on his nephew, Ron, to raise after his brother passed on.
{{{Hugs, Bunna}}}

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #45  

Talking I Can't Stay Away

Yes, I do sell it. Mostly to friends, friends of friends and so on. The mother bracelets are of course custom. I have sold some items to a place in Florida. The crystal (swarovski) and serling silver are $25...bigger crystals $35. Yes, I know they are cheap but I paid a fortune for one and I told myself that I'd learn to make them and sell them cheaper.
Closed Thread