Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #186 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  

Smile

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE LAST THREAD TO CATCH UP
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...343#post601343

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  

Wink Sue's Post from this morning

Didn't want you to miss her post from this morning...

Sue Posted:
Quote:
Whew ! Hot one yesterday, 93 degrees, and very humid, now cold front moved in and were at about 70. Weather so strange.
McKenna- Pray dh feels better soon, and that you get some rest. Remember Phillipians 4:13- My motto I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,
Wilma - Congrats one pound but its in the right dirrection, you'll do better next time, and every pound down is one less to loose.
Angel- praying for ds and dil's and her family not fair what some people do to kids putting them in the middle. You must be exciting seeing work on the house.
Sherry- you are an inspiration, love the poems.
E.Z.- sounds like you had a good time with sis, I only live an hour from my family but miss them when I can't get home during the week.
Hi to everyone else, camping for weekend, hopefully nice weather, lately seems to rain every weekend. God Bless! Sue
Old 06-10-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

Hello I am the long lost CE! LOL I have been so busy my Jessi was a grad from 8th grade. this is a big deal because she has been in this christian school and now will go to public. She also was comfirmed! So we have been busy busy. I also went to the Dr. because my foot was bothering me. I had to see another Dr. and it always happens I end up on a big work up! She was upset because she noticed a heart murmur and the Dr didn't have it on his chart. And I told her about my Dad dying at 47. So I ended up with a lot of bloodwork and a heart thing hooked up to me for 24 hrs.(it was suppose to be for 30 days but she wrote the order wrong) everyone at work would say what is wrong? (because you could see the wires and box through my shirt) and I would say my foot hurts! Then sunday when I went to church one of the members who makes products for the foot drs saw me limping and looked at my foot and said it was sweat glands cloged up and I just needed to soak them and wear white cotton socks. (the dr I saw didn't know what it was and was sending to a speicalist) We enough about me. I will catch up and post more friday. (My DD got a new game and I have to fight for the computer!)

Miss you all,
Sami
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #5  

Smile ♥ Morning!

♥ Good Morning ♥

It was that time again --- to begin a new thread...

How are you all today? I am feeling better then I did yesterday... felt so sad with our friend passing and then watching the coverage of President Reagan. My heart goes out to Nancy Reagan --- she is handling everything like a trooper! You can see how fragile and fatigued she is. So much to do when you are family of the President... I couldn't imagine.

Our weather is crazy hot too *SUE*
We went into the 90's and the humidity is unbearable! What a storm we had come through here too! We were right "IN THE PATH" of that nasty storm system sweeping up from Texas... it came in so fast! I was outdoors yesterday hurrying around the yard trying to save what I could from damage in the gardens, but we had an OAK HYDRANGIA TREE that didn't make it --- the hail, winds & rain snapped it right off!!!!!!! I was so bummed out last night. It has about a dozen blooms on it - not long before opening up with cream colored blossoms - bummer! Joe saved it and we are going to see if we can get some rooting powder and get it to begin roots and replant it... who knows it may work. Worth the try.

*GARY*
I saw all the people lined up to pay respects to the President... very impressive... I sure do wish I could have gone, I would have waited the 3 hours also. I think it is so cool that your son went!

WoW! You are so very busy... I thought I was - compared to you guys - NOT! So glad to see you checking in even with the business of your world.

*MICHELE*
Hope that this new Chiro. helps you feel and get all better. It is so hard to be happy when you hurt all the time.

Good for you in doing well with your WOE... keep up the wonderful job!

*WILMA*
So good to hear from you again - so good to see you checking in as you said you would

Bravo in taking another pound off --- as you get closer to your goal it comes off slower, so you are doing wonderfully!

*McKENNA*
Sure do hope that DH feels better real soon - for both of you

I too have Dr. Phil's book, but have a hard time giving up some of my fav foods... guess I have some 'KEYS' to still work on! I sure do wish you well... he has helped allot of people. There's a few threads for Dr. Phil --- you may want to check it out.
Here is the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116

*ANGEL*
What beautiful graphics! I too am addicted to collecting graphics --- very! Are you able to store allot of graphics on Photobucket?? Just wondered how it is working for you. I noticed that when you delete them from photobucket - you also lose the graphic you posted on the site (dummy me, shudda known that... if the link is broken you will lose the image, duh... )

A funeral is hard to sing for when you know the people... but you are right in saying that God gets you through. You want to do the best you can for those loved ones... so you buck up till you are through and then cry it all out (well, that's what I did). They were all so touched by the music - God is so good!

*SHERRY*
How's is the baseball team doing? We haven't heard much about them lately...

Loved the devotion ~ thank you so much!

*SAMI*
WONDERFUL to see you!!!
Glad you won the fight for the computer and could check in

Sorry to hear of all your health problems!!! I sure do hope that you don't have anything seriously wrong with your heart! My mother has lived with a murmur all her life... Take good care of YOU!
Check in with us again soon and keep us informed, okay

*~*~*

Well, I really must be going.
I have to get in my walking for today and then get a bite to eat.

*Hello's to all our MIA's! *
Later gang...

SunnyD <><

Old 06-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #6  

Default Dieters devotions for June 10, 2004

June 10

1 Peter 1:8
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

When it's all over, we can hardly belive we struggled so much. The reward of losing weight is so great that it wipes out all the bad memories along the way. We experience such a sense of triumph and joy, accomplishment and goodwill. We feel a power from within that helps us believe that anything is possible to us, if we will only have patience, courage, and commitment. God has made us conquerors, and He empowers us to do those things which we set our minds and hearts too. When we live life in hope of glories to come and pursue those glories with everything we have, the Lord will reward us and bless us richly.
Today's thought: I may not see it yet, but a new me is right around the corner!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:07 AM   #7  

Smile

Rise & Shine Gang... where is everyone???

*SPROUT*
Thank you again for the devotional...
I hope this finds you doing well with DS and your health.
*Thinking of you*

*~*~*

We had another big storm come in during the night and it is still raining here... the sidewalks are full of worms (ewe!) and my Hibiscus Tree is turning yellow from all the rains --- I am going to bring it in and see if I can save it. I so wish that it would stay sunny for a few days... without all the humidity. It's been like living in a sauna here this week. It has really cooled down though - went from the 90's yesterday to a possible high today of 70* And we are still in a Flood watch area, although... we are doing okay here where we live thus far...

I am slowly feeling better - I got back into walking the last couple days (feels great!) but only 2 miles a day so far... I had a rough night last night and was up at 4am for about 30 min. or so; then fell back to sleep at around 5am... the alarm went off at 5:30
"Where's the coffee!"

I was going to meet my girlfriend at Curves this morning, but am just not up-to-par yet, so I will have to wait to see her on Monday morning instead. She usually goes in the afternoons because she teaches, but now that she is done for the summer - she is going to join me in the mornings... that will be great! We have allot of catching up to do.

Well, gang... I am going to get in a couple miles on my T-Mill.
Hope to see someone post here sometime soon

♥ Have a ♪ Great ♪ Day! ♥
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-11-2004, 10:46 AM   #8  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi guys, have to be quick, only me and the boss in today. Wanted to just say hi and let you know i'm praying for you all!

Went to chiro this a.m. and he is really wonderful! I like him so much. I'm still waking up during the night in pain, but i'm confident that i'll be slowly getting better. Starting to take a fish oil now and he gave me the ok to start at a gym. I found a hotel nearby that offers their gym services for a year at $75, including the pool. It's not very busy, so i think it's a good fit for me. I especially want to swim and i really don't like the idea of a big gym with all those people. I have to wait awhile to get on the treadmill.

Really rainy here today but that's ok. It's nice weather, everything is green and just think how much all the new plantings are loving this!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #9  

Default Goodafternoon CEers

I’m just sitting here at work waiting for my copies to get done, so I have a few minutes to post.

SunnyD
Glad to hear you are walking again. It would be great if I’d just begin.

Mitchy-
What a great deal at a hotel. What hotel? Does this allow you to use their equipment as well as the pool?

I “could” have used another day at home this week but I felt good enough to get in and get a mailing out that is a must for today. I do feel tired. But…it is the weekend!!!

Tonight, Gary is going to work on someone’s brakes (lady from church) and I will have her join me at Fruitbasket to buy flowers for table centerpieces for next week.

Tomorrow, I will go to my mom’s trailer park where they are having garage sales. Looking for that old jewelry to buy and tear apart and remake. THEN…shopping for that dress I need…soon. Our life team from church meets that night…potluck then bible study then prayer time.

Sunday, church as usual then R&R for awhile then off to a membership class for our church. YEA!!! Then…another week of work…then my VACATION!!!!

Ok…whine time…I’m still stuck at a 15lb loss. It’s been over a week and zippo, nada, nothing, zero lbs lost AND someone at work made macaroons and a cake and it sits 4ft away from me. I WILL RESIST! I have not had sweets (refined sugar) in 3 weeks. I think it did good for that pms stuff. Well…gotta go, I hear the copy machine stopped and that means press on! Bless all of you…you are all soooooo great!

Mary
Old 06-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #10  

Default Dieters devotions for June 11, 2004

June 11

Psalm 33:18-19
Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

Hunger can be a terrible, terrible feeling. It is unbelievable that just being hungry can make us feel so sick and weak, but it does. We need to find ways to train our minds to ignore the pleadings of the stomach. We need to engage in activities that will occupy our minds and absorb us, so we won't think of the food we should not have. In days gone by, people used to carry a copy of the Gospels with them, and whenever they felt tempted to do what they knew they should not do, they pulled out the Bible and read Scriptures until the desire passed. God is a wonderful diversion to occupy ourselves with when temptations arise.
Today's thought: I'm not dying of hunger; it just feels that way!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #11  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Mary,
It's our local Best Western in town and i haven't been there yet, but my boss told me about it and she goes there. They let you use their gym including a stairstepper (i think) treadmill, free weights, exercise ball and the pool. I'm going tonight, i'll let you know all the details later. I'm wondering if other hotels offer this, it's a great idea i think.

Mary, what do you do with the jewelry? Sounds interesting.

And Sunny! glad you are better too and again on the treadmill and you are so humble, but I did notice your weightloss on your signature! Woohoo! I'm not sure how you did the hearts in our title of the thread, but you are so talented, it's so cool to see that on my email list too. I really appreciate your efforts SunnyD/Donna!

Think i'm going to only take a half hour lunch today......really busy with just us 2 here.

Work tomorrow and then I have a meeting with the Alpha people to discuss next fall's session. Pray for us to be open minded and to hear everyone's ideas.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 06-11-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #12  

Wink Back Again! Just Can't Stay Away

Mitchypoo-
I make bracelets and necklaces, earrings, bookmarks (the one's for Bibles are nice). I'm not sure if I can post a pic, but I will try. I do sell the swarovski crystal mother bracelets quite a bit. I made a custom necklace for a lady this past week and I also sell to a place in Florida (Jensen Beach). The Nautical But Nice gift store. Everything I make for them MUST have a nautical something or other.

For your Alpha, do you serve a dinner before? We will serve a hot meal ($4) and then the video and discussion is small groups. Those who no longer want to do Alpha, can go to the next level (which I forgot the name) and we just got done with a Marriage series with Kevin Lehman (very good).

SunnyD
I'm proud of you getting right back into the swing of things with walking...I know I need to do this if I want to lose more and more quickly.

Gary just called me (DH) and I'm so proud of him. The church has him very involved with repairs, set building, a/c, tree removal, etc. He loves it...could be his ministry. He's the type that needs to be needed and the interaction with being around Godly people and the church itself has changed him. Praise God!

Well, on that note...I'm going to wind down here at work, clean up my desk and when I get home, I will be fixing Chicken Capri (SBD cookbook) with sweet taters and broccoli with a sf fudgsicle for desert. Bye Ya'll
Old 06-12-2004, 12:43 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Tgif

Hi Gals--

Just checking in before the Reba show comes on...a repeat I have seen, but hey it's Friday night date night for angie and I...already went out to dinner..well, sorta...went to Carl's Juniors. We have been out all week..Mexican for my sister's going away, pizza party for b-day for neice and then last night more mexican for Angie's last day of school party for teachers and spouses...a good week for me. She was going to make her frittata (which the entire family loves, except her daughter) but it was only going to be the 2 of us for dinner so tomorrow..It's ON!! I remember the first time she made it I was all frowning face but told her I would try to get it down..WOW! they are so good...and really not much to them.

Just got in from taking Reba and Rylee for a good walk..Angie in with them now working on our puppy school homework. we didn't go this week with all that was going on.

Well gotta go help with the puppies before I get detention..am reading all your posts and will catch up with all of you this week-end...it bites being a slow hunt and pecker!!

IN CHRIST--Gary
Old 06-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #14  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sat. morning and i work until 1, then i meet with my Alpha friends to discuss the next Alpha. They are waiting for me to get there to brainstorm. Then I may go get some plants (My boss gave me a $25 gift certificate) and plant them because it's so beautiful outside. I really want a clematis plant to vine on one side of the house. Maybe i'll get some chili plants too.

I did sign up at the gym yesterday and i'm going to go swimming this afternoon! The gym room has about 5 or 6 machines including a treadmill, elliptical machine, that machine that simulates cross country skiing and the bike machine, a cruncher and a couple others i think. There also is a whole series of free weights. The pool is not so big, but big enough and theres a hot tub too. I'm excited to swim and see if that'll help. Feeling more in control of my eating also. Life is GOOD!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Saturday Morning

GOOD MORNING

Will try to catch up a little before I head off to Home Depot to get "stuff" for my chores today--have to shore up the patio, add some mesh to the bottom of the fence in spots (THANKS TO DIGGER DOGS REBA AND RYLEE!!) and finish the gym. We got the gym pretty well finished this week, all painted and shelves back but we are installing a new light fixture--have to wait for Angie's help, she is the house electrician.

Angie out walking Reba now, she went on a 2 mile run by herself, came home and took Rylee on a 1.5 mile walk and now Reba for another 1.5---me...well I READ 3 sports pages!!

CHARLOTTE Sorry to hear of problems with the DS and EX.-- just hold your ground and do the right thing...as you always do...the ex will cut her own throat..the kids will figure it out. Try adding more vinegar or go to the original Listerene if the bottle isn't working...the ticket is to just keep doing it...I totally understand, all of a sudden Reba decided she doesn't want to "sit" on command! aahhhh....House seems to be shaping up..congratulations!

SHERRY How are you doing dear? getting worried about you! Angie just bought some Advantage for the dogs on E-Bay last night...waiting for your hangings and songs!!

DONNA STORMY weather huh...bummer for the trees! I don't know how you folks live in those places..a little earthquake now and then is all we get here. Hot and humid weather awaits us in a few weeks when we go to Virginia...can't wait Glad to see you are doing better, walking with your friend should help get you "TOTALLY" motivated again.

SAMI Sorry about your foot..hope it is much better now! Congrats to Jessi for her acomplishments..you PROUD mom!! Take care of that BIG heart!!

MICHELE Can't beat that price on the gym! Take advantage of it!! How did the Alpha meeting go? John...?

SUE WO-WO-WO-WO..What do you mean the 24th to the 17th? We can't go then cause I have to leave for Virginia on the 3rd. Guess you will have to go without me..unless....Still hoot and humid I see from watching the news on Reagan. Enjoy your trip dear!! How are those youth gonna make it without you?

WILMA What do you mean you don't do anything dear? Going to Costco for us is a MAJOR event!! Not too many years ago Angie and I would spend Sunday's after church going to the grocery store and fruit and veggie store..it was our way to get away from the kids and be alone for a few hours...now the kids just come and go but are rarely here at the same time, even though we added my nephew to the mix.

SPROUT, JUDY (where are you?), MCKENNA and BETH...come visit.

Well gotta get going...daughter coming soon to paint the fence...the back fence we had put in a few weeks ago, and a couple of the new gates..need to get back from Home Depot fast...like that ever happens.

ENJOY YOUR FAMILIES!! Gary
Closed Thread