Old 04-07-2019, 07:26 AM   #121  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 7

Ephesians 4:1-2
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.

Temper: It seems that the longer you diet, the shorter it gets. Keeping control of our temper is one of the harder parts of dieting. We feel everyone has some word of advice on what we ought to do differently, that no one really understands what we're going through, and no one appreciates all that we do without. It's no wonder we find ourselves a little short-tempered at times. That's when we need to turn to the source of all patience and peace. If Christ is allowed to rule in our hearts, we will find a new depth of tolerance and forbearance.

Today's thought: Losing weight is no excuse for losing patience!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #122  
Trying to live below 200

April 8

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Jeff made his living as a night watchman at a large company. He sat for hours at a console that housed a bank of television screens. For his efforts, he pulled a sizable paycheck. Many of Jeff's friends criticized him for getting so much for doing nothing. His reply, 'Hey, if they're willing to pay it, why shouldn't I get it?' Too often people look for ways of getting something for nothing. As God's children, we should always be looking for ways to be the best people we can be, not cutting corners, but committing ourselves to the pursuit of God's pleasure.

Today's thought: Today I will be the best dieter I can be!
Old 04-09-2019, 07:17 AM   #123  
Trying to live below 200

April 9

Romans 7:15
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

The lament of dieters everywhere: 'But what I hate, that I do!' Then, after doing what we have vowed not to do, we turn the hate inward, and we are forced to deal with so much guilt. Why does dieting have to be so hard? Why can't we ever seem to have enough willpower to deal with all the temptations? The harder we try, the harder it gets. It's enough to drive a sane person crazy and a saint to sin. Praise God that He understands us so well and is ready to pick us up when we fall and set us back on the proper path. God is patient with us when we most need Him to be.

Today's thought: I will avoid the things I know I should not do!
Old 04-10-2019, 08:13 AM   #124  
Trying to live below 200

April 10

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Whenever food comes into my mind and I have the strongest urges to cheat on my diet, I just close my eyes, clear my head, and try to think of all the wonderful blessings God has given me. I ask God to help me, and then I wait very quietly for Him to answer my humble plea. God has never failed me. In some of the toughest situations, I feel His gentle presence, and my hunger and desire leave me. In the quiet times of our lives God comes the closest, because we do not shove Him aside with other concerns. Call upon God, then wait. He will come.

Today's thought: If I keep my mouth shut, food can't get in!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #125  
Trying to live below 200

April 11

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

My mother cut out all between-meal snacks whenever weight became a problem for my sisters or me. She kept careful watch on us, to make sure our weight didn't get out of control. I resented it when I was young, but I sure appreciate it now. How wonderful it was to know that someone was watching out for me, making sure I didn't give in to fattening temptations. God will do that for us if we let Him. He will twinge our consciences when we do what we should not, and we need to see that as a blessing rather than a curse. By heeding the voice within, we can conquer temptation and lose weight.

Today's thought: God sees every fattening move I make!
Old 04-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #126  
Trying to live below 200

April 12

Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering.

In centuries past, people went without food in order to break their willful spirits. Certain individuals knew they were too concerned with worldly things, and they wanted to humble themselves, so they went without food. A person who hungers loses conceit and cockiness very quickly. God wants us to have a spirit of lowliness and meekness. He wants us to shape our wills to His, and He wants us to be patient in all that we do. Dieting makes us very dependent. We are vulnerable, and we need someone to lean on. Thankfully, we have the Lord to lean on, who will bear our full weight, and never let us down.

Today's thought: I'd rather put on patience than put on weight!
Old 04-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #127  
Trying to live below 200

April 13

1 Kings 17:8-9
And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, 'Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.'

Consider the prophet Elijah. The Lord told him to go to the town of Zarephath, where he was to wait for further guidance from God. Elijah waited there three years before the word came! How many of us would have such patience? Our dieting period often seems long, but in comparison with what so many others have had to go through, the time is really quite short. Committed people have always found a special source of patience and courage to get them through any situation. The source of their remarkable faith is the Lord, who makes all things possible.

Today's thought: I will make a little last a long, long time!
Old 04-14-2019, 07:19 AM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

April 14

John 14:1
'Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.'

The days will come when we question whether or not we will ever lose the weight we want to. Frustration can set in, and when it does, it makes us feel like such failures. Jesus' disciples found themselves feeling like failures at times in their lives. It was on those occasions that Jesus offered them the most comfort. Jesus understood human nature perfectly, and He came to let us know everything will work out fine. Turn to Christ when feelings of failure get strong. Our Lord of love and peace will not let us feel badly for long. His love truly conquers all.

Today's thought: True belief brings real relief!
Old 04-15-2019, 07:34 AM   #129  
Trying to live below 200

April 15

Ephesians 4:22
. . .put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts.

Fat people aren't bad people. Sometimes we feel inferior just be-cause we happen to be overweight. It doesn't matter whether we're a few pounds over weight or a lot of pounds overweight; when we're too heavy, it makes us feel bad. Obesity isn't a sin in itself, but often it is the result of sin. Gluttony, sloth, laziness; these things can lead to obesity, and they are sinful behaviors. When we decide to put off these wrong behaviors, we set ourselves on the path that pleases God. Change takes time, but the rewards are always worth the effort.

Today's thought: There's more to a new me than just losing weight.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #130  

Red face God gives you grace everyday.

His love is sufficient and perfect every single day.

Be thankful for your able (and not so able) body that He has blessed you with.

Your body is your temple and we are required to love and respect our bodies with the same respect we give our spouse, our kids and other loved ones.

Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Today where I sit in my home office looking out the window at the rain, I am so excited for Spring flowers!
I bought a couple tulips just because and a beautiful pink and white Kalanchoe.

Did you buy any flowers yet in anticipation of the birth of Spring?
HealthyKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #131  
Trying to live below 200

April 16

James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

When you get really serious about losing weight, you have no alternative but to develop patience. There are no safe, quick ways to lose a lot of weight. It takes time. The body takes a long time to build up, and it takes a long time to wear down. However, the person who sticks with her diet will be amazed to find that the longer it's adhered to, the easier it gets. A time comes when the diet is no big deal. In many cases, people find they prefer their diet to their former way of eating. Patience is an elusive trait, but once it is attained, it is its own reward.

Today's thought: Patience would be a lot easier if it didn't take so long to get.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #132  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyKris View Post

Did you buy any flowers yet in anticipation of the birth of Spring?
Good Morning! I actually bought bulbs and I'm waiting for them to come up.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning! I actually bought bulbs and I'm waiting for them to come up.
Oh nice Diana! I can't choose a favorite flower at this time of year. I love them all! Have a blessed day!

I will exalt you, my God the King, I will praise Your name forever and ever!!
Every day I will praise You and extol Your name forever! Psalm 145:1-2
HealthyKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #134  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Do you just post devotions? Or is this an open thread to participate?
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #135  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Do you just post devotions? Or is this an open thread to participate?
Hi
I have been posting these from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters. I picked up from where someone left off. Anyone can post.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.