Old 04-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #136  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Ok good to know. I just got the book, Made to crave. Have you read it?
awesome on your success.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Ok good to know. I just got the book, Made to crave. Have you read it?
awesome on your success.
Yes, I believe I have. It was probably a few years ago.

I have had a gain that I have been trying to get off. It's difficult and I haven't made much progress, but I refuse to give up.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-17-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:24 AM   #138  
Trying to live below 200

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 17

Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

After Michelle promised Susan she would diet with her, she im-mediately began to regret it. All Susan did was talk about food. Susan had a one-track mind, and she made dieting so much harder for Michelle. Michelle constantly tried to change the direction of their conversations, but Susan always managed to bring the topic back to food. Finally, Michelle told Susan that if she didn't stop, she would no longer be able to be a diet partner with her. The two worked together and found that with some effort, they could steer clear of caloric conversation.

Today's thought: Lord, turn my mind away from the pleasures of my tummy!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

April 18

Ecclesiastes 7:8
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

It doesn't take a genius to agree that the end of a diet is a lot better than the beginning. Oh, how wonderful it will be to finally reach the goal we set for ourselves, to finish this time of trial, temptation, and struggle! The Lord rejoices when we triumph in the pursuits of our everyday lives. He longs to see us happy and fulfilled. Pray to the Lord that He might bring you to the finish of your weight-loss program. He is faithful to stand beside us, granting the patience we need in all situations so we might finish victorious. Praise the Lord!

Today's thought: This day means I am one day closer to the end of my diet!
Old 04-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #140  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I just recieved the book. Looking forward to reading it. I hope not much of a weight gain. I've been snacky today myself, I think in the anticipation of the Easter dinner. I know I'll feel better once the holiday passes, not that the Easter in itself in that I will rejoice in
Michelle
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:53 AM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

April 19

Isaiah 25:9
And it shall be said in that day, 'Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.'

Barry was a clock-watcher. Instead of occupying himself in activities that would help the time pass more quickly, Barry chose to do nothing. He waited for things to happen, and as a result, he found himself continually nervous and anxious. Barry was never satisfied with the normal course of events. If we approach our diets with the same attitude as Barry, they will be torture for us. Ask God to help channel our attention to other things. Take control and find ways to get the mind on other things. When we wait patiently, engaged in things that are interesting and enjoyable, then we will find the wait is so much shorter.

Today's thought: There are a lot of things more interesting than food!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

April 18

Ecclesiastes 7:8
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

It doesn't take a genius to agree that the end of a diet is a lot better than the beginning. Oh, how wonderful it will be to finally reach the goal we set for ourselves, to finish this time of trial, temptation, and struggle! The Lord rejoices when we triumph in the pursuits of our everyday lives. He longs to see us happy and fulfilled. Pray to the Lord that He might bring you to the finish of your weight-loss program. He is faithful to stand beside us, granting the patience we need in all situations so we might finish victorious. Praise the Lord!

Today's thought: This day means I am one day closer to the end of my diet!
Yes! He is so faithful. Lean on Him and seek His face. If you ask it and it will glorify His name, He will undoubtedly answer you.
Thankful for a God who loves us!
Happy Easter my friends!!!🐇🐇🐇🌷🌷🌷🌷🌼🌼🌼🌼
HealthyKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

April 20

Ephesians 5:15-16
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

A friend of mine always said, 'If we would only spend time doing what we know we should, there wouldn't be any time left over to do the things we know we shouldn't.' Simple truth, but hard truth to follow. When we diet, it is helpful to engage in activities that will prevent us from having the time to eat or even think about food. One person I knew joined a number of volunteer organizations, just so he would be too busy to eat all the time. We need to redeem the time that we spend in fattening endeavors, and turn instead to activities that are pleasing to God.

Today's thought: The busier I keep myself, the thinner I get!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:23 AM   #144  
Trying to live below 200

April 21

Luke 6:25
'Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.'

As Christians, we need to keep in mind that we live in a world of terrible inequality. While we have the opportunities to overeat and overindulge, many people have no such chances. So many people starve. It is surely humbling to realize that much of our obesity comes from living in a culture where we can have pretty much all we want. The Lord Jesus Christ chastised the people of His day who were filled with the good things of life, because they ignored their brothers and sisters who had nothing. As we diet and feel the hunger in our stomachs, we are more aware of the feelings of our neighbors around the world who do not have enough to eat.

Today's thought: Make me less, Lord: less body, less selfishness, less ego!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

April 22

Matthew 6:25
'Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?'

When I began to diet, I realized how much of my time was spent with something to eat or drink in my hands. Before the diet, I had something in one hand or the other almost all the time. I used to spend a lot of time thinking about where I would eat, what I would eat, and how much I would eat. Food was an idol in my life. How foolish it is to live like that! There are so many things in life that are more important. Spend time in prayer and contemplation, asking the Lord to open the eyes of your heart to all the wonderful things you have missed for so long.

Today's thought: I want my life to be much more than food and drink!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

April 23

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Patience gained during the diet is something well worth holding onto after the diet ends. How many people have lamented that they lost weight only to gain it back again. It is so silly to allow such a thing to happen. We struggle so hard to take weight off; why would we ever let it find a home on us again? Dieting frees us from the imprisonment of a fleshy jail. Once free from that, we should never return. Ask the Lord for strength and determination, so that once we liberate ourselves from fat, we may not be taken prisoner again!

Today's thought: I will not stand for slavery to flesh and fat!
Old 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #147  
Trying to live below 200

April 24

Ephesians 4:27
Neither give place to the devil.

Satan would have us be much less than we have been created to be. He tempts us to gluttony and greed, then makes us feel weak and unworthy. He tries and tests us a thousand ways, and the harder we try to resist, the harder he works to thwart us. The only way to stand firm against the devil is to enlist the power of the Almighty God. Whereas Satan may have a field day with his human forces, he has no effect against God. When we give in to the temptation to indulge, we are really giving in to the plan of the devil to turn us from God. Follow the Lord at all times, and the devil will flee from you.

Today's thought: Chocolate cake is nothing but devil's food!
Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #148  
Trying to live below 200

April 25

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Long-distance runners say they always keep the finish line in their mind's eye. The goal is the important thing. The runner who loses sight of the finish line is lost. In a like fashion, the dieter who loses sight of a newer, thinner self is lost. Diets are worth every effort we give them, though there are many times when the fact slips from our minds. The apostle Paul found great strength in times of suffering by remembering that those who are faithful receive glory in the age to come. If we will keep our thoughts on the reward to come, our diets will be much easier.

Today's thought: I can suffer today for a new me tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

April 26

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

It's easy to be thankful when we have everything we want or need. It's when we're forced to do without that thankfulness be-comes difficult. Giving thanks for the opportunity to do without our daily bread is sometimes very, very hard. Yet, God is sure to help us when we need help the most. When we feel weak or hungry or unhappy, He will stand beside us and give us comfort. We're blessed to have God to rely on. Be thankful for the love and care of our Lord. In all things praise Him. When we learn to be thankful in our need, we are all the more thankful in our abundance.

Today's thought: If it is my heart's desire to be thin, God will help me!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #150  
Trying to live below 200

April 27

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

There will be days when everything seems useless and impossible. The temptation to give up will be almost overwhelming. It is in those times of total desperation that we need to cry out to the Lord. The Lord truly will strengthen the hearts of those who call upon Him. The periods of despair will pass; the temptations will pass. What will never pass away is the loving support of God. He stands beside those who put their trust and faith in Him. Call out to God in the tough times. Rejoice with Him when the times are easy. Wait on the Lord, and He will bless your life!

Today's thought: As the wait goes on, the weight comes off!