Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #136  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Kathy-DS2's youth group went to help the EFC missionary at Pine Ridge Reservation. They had a really good week helping fix meals, plant gardens, working in the missionary's thrift store, and talking with people from the reservation. Then, they spent a couple days in Custer and the Black Hills before coming home.

Tammy-thanks so much for the continuing prayers. It means a lot
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Ronni - I have been on the Pine Ridge Reservation, but I lived on the Rosebud Reservation. I as there 2 years then lived in Winner, SD for 6 years. It was a great time in my life.
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #138  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie and I just finished dinner, leftovers from last night at the Mexican restaurant the kids took me too...well golly gee if it wasn't the place I requested...er...demanded Dad snuck in the pay too! My kids go out of their way to pay but I beat them to this one!

Angie had her first day of summer school and it went well....no major disasters Kids these days, for the most part, aren't there for the "fun" of summer school we used to have...it's because they screwed up during the year...shall we say bad attitude!

The guys that came here last week from work were bugging the crap out of me to let them come back this week....they want a re-match on the shuffleboard

KATHY ~ Great news on those pictures! Boy I remember how expensive those senior pictures can be....having 4 seniors in the last 10 years come through my doors! Praise God for the...finally...decent weather for you! Prayers for the "job"

RONNI ~ I hope the trip to Indy is free of worries...I know it won't be but all in all I hope you have an enjoyable time On a personal note...I think you are doing the right thing. When my mom passed a year and a half ago I was going back to "say goodbye"...my kids wanted to go too but had to wait a few days to get away from work. Well my mom passed the day before we were to fly out. My kids were so upset that I wasn't able to say goodbye to my mom....to be honest I was totally fine and tried to explain it to them. You see, my mom KNEW I loved her....I LOVE my children the way my mom loved me...I knew how important it was for them to try and get back to see Grammi/a Judi....but, being their dad, I also knew how difficult it would be for them to see her near death....their memories of her appearance were from a few years prior...they grew up seeing their Grammi/a almost every day their lives, until the last 4 years of hers, when she moved away to take care of her mom. My mom did not look the same...her emphysema had taken a toll on her which I knew would be difficult for my kids to see. Bottom line...mom passed before we got there...we are all at peace....we all wanted to do the right thing....in these cases....all decisions based on love are right! We can't predict the outcome of our choices but we can trust our Lord to guide us correctly!

BEV ~ I will fire off another letter to Dennis in a day or two That crack and meth can be a real problem can't it? I have several family members that went through that years ago....brothers and cousins...for the most part they ended up ok....praise God for your ministry!

TAMMY ~ I am thinkin' we should get together with our families and write a sitcom I hope DH got some cool clothes with that gift I am close to my kids and really thought I would suffer greatly from the "empty nest"...my son stayed home for college so he could coach back at his old high school and continue working at the sporting goods store so that wasn't a problem...but my daughter went away, although reasonably close but way too far to drive it daily, to college....it was a struggle the first year for all of us. Now with my kids off and married for a while, step-d off at school in NY during the year and staying in town with her dad on vacation, and nephew off in Great Lakes for the NAVY....I am kind of liking this "empty nest" thing! Of course I see my kids often and talk almost daily.

SCOOTER ~ My family is a BIT more than odd! I will say that "love" has kept us together! I hope your conference was fun! or at least not boring!

AGGIE ~ Thank you for the Father's Day wishes Did you understand "how" to do what you wanted from Scooter's post?

MELSHIZZLE ~

Have a great evening ladies ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Gary - yeah, crack and meth makes me ANGRY!!!!!!! She wants me to take her to her psych dr. tomorrow and then to check out a group home. so, hopefully that will be good. but that is what i get to do tomorrow. she lives about an hour from me. and thank you for writing dennis!

i'm tired. the shoulder feels better. i did 25 mins on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill and worked out my legs. i will do my arms tomorrow...hopefully, that won't be a bad thing.

peace
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #140  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Smile

Hey there all,

BY LAURIE, I THINK I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!

Gary, I will be ready for you next year.

This is just a quick drive by cause I am really really tired. I will be back tomorrow in full force. Until then, sweet dreams to all and many many blessing and all the love you can stand.

Love, hugs, and blessings,
Aggie
Oh yeah, I'm just showing off now
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Just a quick note to say HI to all of you. I worked today and then came home made dinner, weeded out side and cleaned the entire first floor of my house so I'm exhausted. I'll catch up with all of you later.

God bless you all!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #142  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
[SIZE="6"]...........

Gary, I will be ready for you next year.
Lord willing...I will be here!

But just a reminder for all...it doesn't matter if the words are small or big!....the love on this thread is CHRIST CENTERED...and that is the most important thing isn't it?!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #143  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Yes Gary, it is!!! You really do keep things in perspective. Thank You!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #144  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ another scorcher here today (over 100 F in the sun); got our new A/C put up in our master bedroom last night. After prayers felt that was the smartest place to put it and we had a nice sleep in a cool room last night. Thankfully, we have had some breeze and clouds on and off all day which is making it somewhat more tolerable.

My DAD and Gracie are here right now; they got up early this AM to finish the last half of the trek here before the hot weather was upon us. Gracie looks pretty good, but is a bit weak in her walking yet. They are staying here only a short while then they are heading out east to see a close friend and going thru Quebec for the fun of it (touring) ...

Believe it or not, DH is outside doing stuff in this aweful heat, but he is keeping busy, which is good. Anyways, hope you all are having a great week. Take care ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #145  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: My DH was outside all day today too. What are they thinking? He just wants to get the work done and at least it helps him sleep well at night.

Hi everyone! It's really hot here today. I am NOT complaining. I am going to enjoy what summer we get here. I've been doing well with my eating this week. Made stuffed peppers the other day. They were really good. I'm trying to keep the interest in the healthy foods so I don't snack.

Gotta go make dinner now. Have a great evening.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #146  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey guy and dolls,

Happy everyone is doing well and you Candian's are enjoying your heat while you can, even if it is sourchin'. Winter will be back soon enough.

Well I have my WI tomorrow and I am praying for wonderful results, I have done very well in the eating department this week. We shall see.

Everyone have a blessed evening. Oh yeah, Gary posted a thread called WOW and WOW it is, to me, this is a must read. Thanks again Gary for sharing it.

Alrightie then, it is beddie bye time, so nightie night to all. Pleasant dreams to all and to all a good night.

Ags
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #147  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Group, just a quick update, I still haven't lost any more weight, and what is even more amazing is i haven't given up either, I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and I have noticed an incredible shift in my body,I have been eating clean too, a lot of whole grain foods and fresh fruit and veggies, no processed foods.....very minimal. I did for a bit get down on myself, ok not young anymore where I could lose weight easily, I just tell myself it is a life change to being healthier, my dad died of a heart attack and also had colon cancer,he was thin and even thin people have bad health. we grew up eating fried potatoes refried beans homemade tortillas, spanish rice,Tamales, you know the heavy carb mexican food. to feed an army.And Mexican food is such a trigger for me, as it is my comfort food.....well I hope I can encourage others in my journey and to not give up when expectations fail, just get up and reprioritize, and keep moving forward.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #148  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

May I join you?

I just turned 40 in April. Not exactly traumatic. My real shock of the year happened when I pulled my summer clothes out of the attic and realized they were all too tight. When did this happen? Okay I KNOW...but still.

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic in '06 and told to lose weight. I started to exercise and eat better meals, with portion control. I had a goal; a purpose! During the next year I lost 70lbs. Now, I find myself halfway back to my original weight, with a Dr appointment looming. I relaxed my eating but continues with the exercise {when did I turn into someone who liked to exercise?} but it wasn't enough to maintain my weightloss. So here I am, not quite starting over, but feeling very discouraged. I thought I would be able to exercise and keep the weight off but when my major food group seems to be chocolate THAT didn't work.

I'm a vision-impaired wife of 12 years, we chose not to have children, but we have a Lab/Shepherd mix named April. I like to quilt, occasionally knit, garden in the spring and fall but not in the hot/humid summer, bake, cook, help teach Bible study, and I collect exercise videos.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Penguin
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #149  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WELCOME PENGUIN!Of course you may join us...and I bet we are more active tomorrow and Sunday! Come on back and join in..

Blessings ~ Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-27-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #150  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO PEOPLE ~ we had gorgeous weather today; almost perfect (73F with a nice breeze and lots of clouds to keep the sun from getting too hot), I would say. It's supposed to be nicer like this for the next few days to a week.

PENGUIN ~ yeppers, the more the merrier; we seem to be shy of people this week. I'm sure it is becuz of the great weather and people going on trips and holidays from now until end of August.

DH went and picked up some more wood and brought home our tools, then cut some grass (just our small front yard). We have some more pretty flowers blooming in our front yard -- lots of lovely pale yellow Snapdragons. We had a few daffodils but with lack of rain, they died pretty fast; so DH and I are trying to help them along inbetween rains now. We did plant some yellow and orange/red Gladiolas on the south/west garden as well; hopefully they'll come up for years. I am going to look for other kinds of perennial bulbs to plant too.

Well, I ate well today (I switched and had a pasta salad for lunch; and a cupasoup with a whole grain corned beef sandwich for dinner). I also tried to do a bit of walking; and had to lug out our two garbage cans as it was G-day (and DH forgot), and I managed to carry them all the way (albeit one at a time), so my hand weights are giving me some strength in my arms after all.

DH and I were so tired that we both fell asleep right after dinner, so I woke up at just after 1:30 AM. Realized that I hadn't posted today; so came in for awhile; guess I should mozy on back to bed soon. Take good care folks, hope you are all well ... ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote