Old 06-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #61  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Azulfire
Prayers ascending for your job situation, and for finding a home church.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Azulfire, I will be praying for a job for your husband.I will also pray that you find a wonderful church. Having church support will be so important at this time.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #63  
Eating less, moving more

S/C/G: 245/238/165

Height: 5'5"

Azul, I prayed for you this morning. God will provide, He is always faithful

Keep trying out churches, soon enough you'll find one that feels like home.
HisSweetGypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #64  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Oh I believe he will God is good, and knowing that dosnt always help with being lonely, Im scared and apprehensive about tomorrow. I have a church picked out due to the fact friends of mine have friends that go there, supposed to call them, but haven't, it is a mega church and I dont want to feel commited to be there, by calling these people. so going to check it out. I think it is hard cause my husband isnt a believer and I have to do this on my own.

I love your names HisSweetgypsyrose, counting down clever.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

hello
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #66  

Azulfire - prayers ascending for you DH too. Don't let going to church alone discourage you - one think I love about finding the right church is that it will feel like home - you will feel like you are with family - because you ARE

Thanks for the comment on my screen name. Though, in honor of Gary - I should probably change it to "scooter" Particularly since I'm not really counting down any more

And, speaking of Gary - you certainly are a man of many words today I hope that you are getting the house finished up and that the girls are getting their walks. I just KNOW Angie is doing fine with her yoga and her eating is virtually always OP.

Well, gotta fly - it is a glorious evening here and I need to enjoy that beautiful 72F and sun - since it took so long getting here (and I complained so loudly about that)

Blessings to all!

Laurie
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #67  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, WILMA!

BACK to AZULFIRE and HISSWEETGYPSYROSE ~ nice group of caring and very supportive people here ... prayers for work as well.

We've been busy at our lot; some nice weather but the buggies are out. We really need some more rain as there hasn't been enuff; too little and too light, so we lost a few trees this year. Maybe if we can get some good heavy rains, they may bounce back; we are hopin' and prayin' ...

Our ramp is really a GOD-send; so much easier to get in and out, and so much easier for DH toting tools and such. Have a few things to do to complete it. Got the tree planted; chose the back yard as there seems to be more water in the back half of the lot and we can see it better there too.

Prayers going up for everyone and their needs and concerns. Time to rest and put my legs up; got to rest them and not overdo it. Take good care all and have MARVELLOUS MONDAY! ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:54 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Azul and Gypsy! You will find a great bunch of people here!!!

Azul, take your time with a church home. Seek GOD FIRST! He will lead you where HE wants you to be. In the meantime...make sure you have 'church' at home. Read, learn, study, pray. It's all about a personal relationship. PERIOD! We get caught up in playing church and forget that we are the Church. if you don't have a personal viable relationship...you have nothing. Build on that. And keep praying for your husband. Stormie OMartian has a great book "The power of a praying wife"...would be a good place for you to keep him lifted with various prayers. Just remember that faith is hope, hope is seeing what you don't yet have.

Mom is done with working for the state. I won't say she is retired...sounds tiring, over and over! She is just no longer working, but still getting paid. sounds like a deal!

Got 2 more tats last night. I think i am good for awhile. A DNA double helix to show that Christ has altered my DNA and i am a new creation! and the alpha and omega intertwined because HE is my beginnning and end.

I'm ready...waiting...praying...casting down the negative voices and the fear. In Jesus name amen!

Peace and blessings
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #69  

Rosebud - hope you get some much deserved Sabbath rest today. I'm glad the ramp is working so well. Praying for rain for you!

Bev - the tats sound cool! I've got 3-4 years before I will be joining your mom with "not working" But, my plan is to retire from the school system and then pick up something else part time - maybe even substitute teach - who knows. Just something with a lot less stress and responsibility

Hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday! Church was good today - our first Sunday of our summer hours. It is great because there is only 30 minutes between the two services so we get to see a lot of folk that attend the "late" service as they are coming in the door. We had a nice breakfast between the services and the bell choir played for a whole 30 minutes during that time

We scooted from church to the grocery store, and saw my boss and his wife walking the pathway. Got a chance to chat with them for a bit OUT of the office

The weather is glorious again today, and I hope to get some more of those pesky weeds plucked!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #70  
A Turtle loser

Ok I Thank you for your prayers....I did go to church today, so I have that off my list, but will still need to continue looking for a home. Mega churches are not for me....But now if my friends asked...I did try it...Going job hunting again tomorrow
Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #71  
A Turtle loser

Rayne you are so right!! I dont want to play church!!! And yes I have a strong relationship W/Christ, I want a church that preaches Christ.It seems the church has shifted to teaching, nothing wrong with that, I just like preaching.
This is the day that the Lord has made rejoice and be glad in it.!!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #72  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Heelo All,

First, Happy Birthday Wilma, the fifties are great and don't let anyone tell you anything different. Okay!! Happy you enjoyed your day and your get a way.

HisSweet Gypsy Rose,
Welcometo this thread, come often and stay awhile, cannot wait to get to know you better.

Thanks for all the prayers, I can sure them. I am excited today, I went to church all by myself, nothing was going to keep me away and the service was perfect just for me. It's like the God and the Pastor were speaking directly to me and it was wonderful. Been eating pretty well so far this week and the plan is to keep it up. Praying for a release but if not, it will come in time. Don't know if I told you guys and dolls I am going to buy a bike, a Trike to be exact and I think I have found the one I want, I will safe on it. Will probably order it next week. I am very excited about riding and getting out of the house, who knows maybe this will help to stregthen my knees. Well that's all for now, see you all later.

Oh my goodness, I missed a whole page. Brain fart!!!!

Azulfire,
Keeping you in prayer for a home church and praying for you DH. there are many Sunday mornings I go to church alone and this morning was one of them, but I made up in my mind if this is what I have to
do, I will and pray his desire to return to church with me will come. Will also keep the job situation up in prayer. Stay strong darlin'.

Laurie, I love the name Scooter that Gary has bestowed upon you, please keep it, I love seeing your scooter on your posts.

Rosebud, I love your posts, they always make me smile. The ramp sounds like it will make life alot easier and that is a wonderful thing. Good job on planting trees, they are so beautiful. Sorry I never got to post a pic of my Japanese Maple, I do not know how, and it has been hard trying to get anyone to do it for me. Maybe next time. I am with you, let's pt our legs up.

Bevie,
you are the girl, so young and sooooo much wisdom. I am sure Azul will get alot for your post, it was so on point. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. Praise God.
Your Mom has got it made in the shade, not work, but being paid, hot dang girl, teach me how to do that, will ya!!! Alright now, I want to see the new tat's, they sound interesting and really cool. How are you? Are you being cool? I know you are, you are "The Bevster" and "The Bevster is Cool!!! Love ya, girl.

Everyone have a blessed evening and a joyous rising.

Hugs and love,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

It has been a while since I posted. Life has been crazy. My husband is now working 2nd shift so I'm running the kids and doing what needs to be done in the evening. I'm also trying to keep myself busy so I don't sit and munch because I'm lonely and miss my DH. Thankfully I have done well.

I've been able to keep up my 5 days of walking inspite of all the rain we are getting. The one thing I haven't kept up on is the weeds in my garden. Oh my! I don't know if I'll ever get them all pulled out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wilma! I trust it was a great one.

Ags - Isn't it great when you go to church and the Lord gives you just what you need. I'm so glad He is there even when we think He isn't.

I was reading in my devotional book this week and one sentence that I read has been with me all week. It was "Don't ask God for what you want, ask God for what is right." Many times we don't know what is right or the direction we should go but God will lead us the right way.

I would appreciate your prayers. I am applying for a new job at a local school as an Administrative Secretary. I feel it is time for me to move on. I work for a landscape business and I have some concerns as to what the next couple of months to 2 years are going to bring. Things are looking the best right now because a lot of people have been doing their own work and not spending money on landscape. I want to get a job that I know will be secure in. We will always have schools. I'm praying that the Lord will give me what is right and not what I want. No matter what happens, I know it is time to move on. I covet your prayers for this situation.

I trust you all have a wonderful week.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I have a few minutes here during the Laker game to say hello!

Angie and I have had a busy week-end. Saturday we did a 4 mile walk to Starbucks with the dogs, then shopped at Target, Trader Joe's and Ralph's...then off to dinner with Angie's daughter and 2 friends (she just got home from her 3rd year of college) Angie's ex-husband and his girlfriend.

Today we went to church, came home and while she ran off to yoga for a class I went and finished the shopping at the market..ok...things I forgot to get yesterday ...good thing the store is less than a mile from me. After lunch we took the dogs to dog beach and ran with them...and about 100 other dogs...up and down the beach. Boy were they, and us, tired and sandy!

I think my overtime is done for awhile. I am sure we will have some soon but right now we seem to be caught up....I am too old for it But the more I work now the more I can save for the slow times that I am sure will hit us...we have been lucky so far in this economy.

My son called me as we were leaving dog beach, seems the parents, at the high school he teaches at, asked him to be the guest speaker for the second year in a row at their Baccalaureate Ceremony, he was on his way to the ceremony. It pleases me that they choose him to say the farewell address in their religious ceremony I remember last year, when we saw him up there, I felt he had become a "man" overnight...in my eyes anyway...guess it had been happening for a while He is a logical choice since he is the leader of the Fellowship Of Christian Athletes and an awesome kid!!...ok...I brag

I asked him why he didn't tell me he was the guest speaker again and he just laughed and said...Ah...Pops....the LAKER GAME!!!...I wouldn't want you to miss it over this...especially since I am using a lot of the same material I used last year, and you have already heard that!

Angie is off school this week but she will teach summer school starting next week. Tomorrow she will go up to see her mom for a few days leaving me to fend for myself. I should be able to catch up a bit while she is gone...if the dogs behave!

Well gals gonna watch the end of the game...looks good for me and my LAKERS!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-14-2009 at 10:35 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #75  

Kathy - prayers ascending for your job situation! Being a school secretary is a very demanding job, but it is very rewarding!

Hi to everyone else - Ags I will keep It fits, and I do LOVE riding my It is good for the environment, good for me and FUN!

Gary - glad you had a good weekend. And that Angie is working summer school. They need good folk to help the kids. She will be a blessing to many!

Azulfire - keep searching - you WILL find the right church for you. I'm not a mega-church fan either. We attend a small, imitate service at our church - which we LOVE!