Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My daughter came up for the pampered chef party at her aunts today. She visited a friend then came here for dinner and a movie ....Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories...she will go vist her mom and spend the night there then meet me at church for Father's Day...way cool.

A cute movie.

Angie bought just a few small items from the party as she has most of the stones and stuff from past parties that she wants....we only need so much with just the 2 of us now.

What a great place to kill time during the ballgame....wink
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #122  
Quit counting at 45!

Aggie: Thanks for the recipes. I'll definitely try the chicken one. I have a similar broccoli salad. Mine adds sunflower seeds to it. A friend has replaced the raisins with red grapes. Amazing combination of flavours.

Yesterday was a good day for me - just not eating wise. I went out for brunch with friends. I had a mushroom, asparagus omelet. YUM. That wasn't the problem. Because I was so full I decided not to have lunch and have an early supper. So what did I do? I snacked all day. I guess I need the structure of meals to keep me from snacking.

Today we're having DH's parents over for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. We doing ribs, mashed potatoes and a salad. Should be good. The weather is lovely also so we might have to take a walk later.

Have a wonderful day! Happy Father's day to Gary and to everyone else's loved ones!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #123  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Azulfire - glad you are over the hump! I remember those days!

Rosebud - hope you are staying cool! Put those legs up in the heat!

Gary - Happy Father's Day! And - just in case you forgot, that doesn't give you license to go wildly off plan

Wilma - I have a problem when I snack during the day instead of eating meals too. I don't eat much eat time, but it sure seems to add up quickly! Just a handful here, and a handful there ...

A good day here - church went well, and I finally got everything I needed for both services about 10 minutes before the first one started. LOL - instead of wearing one hat, I had four this morning - and I only had one small flub in the first service - so - all in all - it was great.

And the Parish Assistant's sermon was "Peace, Be Still!" Which I NEEDED to hear right now!!!!!

Hope you all have a fun-filled and ON PLAN Father's Day.

Prayers ascending!

Blessings,

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #124  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Smile

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fantastic day, and enjoy your family. Be blessed and always strong!!

Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #125  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, GARY!!!

Okey - doke ~ I will have to look for that Margherita Ragu Sauce the next time I'm at the grocery store as I only have Mushroom, Hot & Spicy, and Plain tomato sauces in my pantry right now, but I do have Basil leaves ...

THANKS LAURIE ~ I discovered that our new A/C has a TURBO FAN on it, so we got that going and today we found a small fan in the shed, so got that going in the kitchen. We planted our garden bed this weekend with what bulbs we had (we are a bit late, but they will still grow into the fall). I also planted some GLADIOLA BULBS along the house; and in the fall, we will plant some tulips and daffodils in front of them, so I hope I can get some before they are all sold out this year. I could only get one color of gladiolas (yellow & reddish/orange) but that should match our yellow house OK ...

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday of rest today and treatin' all your Dad's to a lovely dinner or BBQ tonight!!!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #126  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Thank-You all for the Father's Day wishes

It has been a good one so far. My daughter came to church with us and my ex-wife sat with us. I have mentioned it before but my ex-wife always sits with us when the kids are joining us, sometimes when they are not and sometimes she sits with other friends through out the sanctuary....I always sit it the same pew (YEP! that guy!! ) She has even sat with me many times when I am by myself...Angie at her mom's...etc. Anyway, today Angie was up in the choir loft almost the entire time with all the songs they played, so it was just me, daughter and ex...even at communion. Well while we went up for communion....I am at the first table...Angie was playing bells....then she came down and got in the line on the other side of church. The 3 of us finished and came back, Angie still waiting, my ex-wife got up and went to the bathroom....Angie finished and joined us...at the end of the row where Brenda had been sitting.....I moved in and so did my daughter and Angie....when Brenda came back she just stood behind us in the next pew so as not to crowd us since it was the end of service. I got to thinking during the recessional hymn if "people" were thinking that the "wives" had to share time and space with me and Amanda since it was Father's Day...I was having a hard time not aughing! We do get looks sometimes....even after all these years

Angie and Amanda went to yoga and are out on a 3 mile run now, I took the dogs out for a 3 mile walk after church. My son and daughter in law will join us all for dinner tonight and maybe the son in law if he gets back from Las vegas in time...off celebrating with long time college friends in town.

Yep ROSEBUD it's gotta be the Margherita ragu I just bought my daughter a jar at the store today. I am maintaing today and for the next month SCOOTER...really need to get close to that red line for my second anniversary...over is one thing but I am passed that! My red line is 175...183 this morning...and that is down from 185 yesterday! AGGIE are you having a multi-cultural feast today for Father's Day? Wilma enjoy that BBQ! That omelet sounds great! I like meat! But I enjoy meatless omelets better for some reason. TAMMY ~ KATHY ~ BARGOO ~ KAREN and all of you...blessings.

YOU GALS ARE THE GREATEST!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #127  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Wlima,
I will try your variations, they sound good. I got that one off of Foodtv for the broccoli salad.

Gary, nothing multi-cultural going on here today, only Pacific Veggie Pizza, Dad got to go out for breakfast after church. He was happy plus he is getting this saw he really wants and that has really made him happy. Enjoy the rest of your day. By the way Gary, I tried to make your Father's day greeting really large and it color, but I cannot do it right, somebody please teach me. LOL

Hugs to all, gotta run,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-21-2009 at 05:36 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All1

What a week. This past week was very stressful and my eating showed it. I'm sure the scales will also show it tomorrow when I WI. This is a new week and I will do better.

I metioned last week that I was applying for a new job. I handed in the application and resume this past Tuesday and tomorrow I'm sending my resume to the school my kids go to. They has an opening for a secretary. I would love to get that job since we are only a mile from the school. I'm praying the Lord will give me what is right and not what I want.

My friend from Florida came up to PA so we'll be going to see her at her parents tomorro. She is going to be taking Jakob's senior pictures and taking a family picture of us. When we get them I will post a picture of all of us.

I trust you all have a great week.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Happy father's day Gary!

I got susie married yesterday...at least i guess i did it the legal way! lol...it was my first. at least they have taken the NEXT step...so, God knows they are married. lol

I hurt myself at the wedding. tripped over a rock and planted my face in the dirt. face is fine, but my knee and left shoulder are SORE! it's all good. just can't do any upper body work this week. darn. seriously...i love my workouts. maybe i could get a new tat instead. just kidding.

we go to the beach thursday am. taking mom. she spent the wedding whining and pouting. i really wonder if i am her child.

one of the girls that i mentor (guess that's the best way to describe what i do) is still struggling with crack and added meth to it recently. she has asked for prayer to do what she needs to do and to get into this personal care group home that will manage her $ so she can't go get drugs. at least she keeps reaching out!

i'm worn out. shoulder hurts. :P

have a good evening!

peace
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #130  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - your family ties are a bit "odd", but in a good way! It is wonderful how well everyone gets along!

Aggie - to change the font size, you need to click on the "go advanced" button. When you are in the advanced message window, there is a "size" option that you can choose. Highlight the text you want to make larger, and select the desired size.
Like this

Bev - congrats on your first wedding! Sorry you are hurt! Prayers for healing ascending. Also for the young lady you are mentoring.

Well, I'm off to my conference tomorrow, I will be back on Friday.

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Thank you Laurie! Enjoy your conference!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #132  
Brand New Chick

S/C/G: 320/320/165

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning everyone and happy Monday (is there such a thing??)

I hope you all have a blessed day!!!
Melshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #133  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Everyone! Hope everyone had a really nice Father's Day weekend (especially you, Gary!). We ended up taking DH out for Mexican when DS2 asked about it after church, so DH was treated twice for his day. DS2 got back from SD mission trip Saturday evening & very tired. Visited DH's dad Saturday morning, then cleaned out his shed and brought stuff here to store so the rent is less-will probably have to let his apt go next month as doc thinks he'll be in the nursing home permanently now. FIL was having a bad day and still too weak to attempt chemo.

We decided to go ahead and go to IN to visit my family Thurs and stay about a week. Kinda figured that FIL is less likely to pass away now than if we wait another month like we were thinking we'd do. So, lots to do to get us ready to go. I'll probably be scarce around here, but you'll all be in my prayers-for healing, being on-plan, family unity and peace, pleasant weather, and just for God to bless you all! Have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All! It is a beautiful day in PA. No rain and the sun is shining. We haven't seen that in about a week.

Today was my WI and I was down .2lbs. That made me happy because I was sure I would be up.

Ronni - where was your DS2 doing missionary work at in South Dakota? I lived in SD for 8 years. I haven't been back since I moved back to PA over 13years ago. One day I hope to go back but when I don't know.

My friend from Florida is home and we were able to spend some time with her this morning. She took family pictures, pictures of the 3 boys and then Jakob's senior pictures. He graduates this year. The only expens I will have is for developing the film. She does a great job so I'm anxious to see the finished product.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. I would love to have a few more days off, but that will have to wait until July. I get 3 weeks vacation so I hope to take a week off in July.

Have a great day!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Life is still just as busy around here (sending the younger two to Florida hasn't helped one bit). They were only gone a couple of days before I started missing them like crazy. My hubby is really looking forward to the days when we have an empty nest - I'm not so sure about it It was a good Father's day for my husband. His birthday is this week and our church surprised him with a cake and gift. We went shopping yesterday afternoon and he used his "gift" to get some much needed clothes. Then we ended the evening by going out to a new steak house - the food was delicious!

It's been so busy around here it's hard to keep up! Nice to have so many in our community - we can use all the support we can get!

Gary - the situation with your ex and church reminds me of my family. My step-dad was my uncle (married to my mom's sister) before he became my step-dad. So my step-siblings are actually my cousins. It's all very strange to most people, but everyone always gets along just fine! Unfortunately my step-dad passed away a few years ago from cancer. It's comical sometimes when people ask for explanations about how we are all related.

Welcome to all the newbies - this is a great place to be! Glad you are here!

Laurie - hope you have a good time at your conference - you will be missed!

Rosebud - I love tulips - they are my favorite flowers. I've thought about trying to plant some, but I don't have a green thumb at all. Every plant I have ever had died due to my forgetting to tend to them. Maybe when my kids are grown and I have more time to spend I'll give it a try.

Kathy - praying about the job!

Ronni - hope you enjoy the time with your family. Still praying for your FIL and family.

Rayne~Azulfire~Wilma~Aggie~Melshizzle~Suga~ and everyone else - HOPE YOU HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK!

Hope to be back around soon!

~Tammy~
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote