Old 06-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #46  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud, your post made me laugh. I haven't thought about Toonies since my last trip up north two years ago. What a great way to save for something extra! I wish we had them here in the states. We couldn't even get the dollar coins to fly with the stubborn folk here - I rarely see them any more.

Thanks for posting the pics - it will be a beautiful tree!

Aggie - Prayers ascending for you and your family! Hang in there, forgive yourself, and get back on track. You deserve to be fit and healthy - don't let your family take that from you. Food won't make things better - in fact - it will make them worse.
So - get back on plan - love yourself enough to take care of the body that God gave you. He needs you to be strong and healthy to do the things he has planned for you!

A quick hello to everyone else. Still crazy busy at work - I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Blessings!
Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AGGIE ~ Prayers going up for more Love and Peace in your home; plus wisdom and strength to help your daughter's resolve their conflicts in a more peaceable manner. Your poor DH may be at a loss on how to deal with this situation too. I agree with LAURIE -- try not to deal with this stress by eating, but I know it's hard, as I do this very thing myself.

My biggest stressor is when my DH gets stressed out -- becuz he always wants me to solve things right away. He is a panicker and frets when there is always a solution; it's just that "Cooler Heads Must Prevail!"

Have you ever heard of 'Kick the dog syndrome' where someone kicks Dad, so Dad kicks Mom, the kids, the dog, and so on. This is just a metaphor as no real kicking goes on. Maybe your girls are stressed out too and just don't know how to handle or solve their issues. Might a counsellor help? Or could you get them to see one? You could ask.

How about one night when DH is home -- could you all have a 'Family Meeting' to discuss your issues once a week; and try to brain-storm solutions and compromises to help everyone get along and bring peace back into your home? Just some thoughts ...

LAURIE ~ the Loonies and Toonies had to fly here becuz they took the one and two dollar bills out of circulation. Only in Canada, would they have the sense of humor, to call their one dollar coins -- Loonies; and their two dollar coins -- Toonies. We all think it was 'way cool' ...

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi ALL ~

Prayers for Aggie and family

Watching the ballgame...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Aggie BABY! Girl, don't apologize for putting it out here. I thought that was what we are here for!!!!! You are getting the right advice in the food department. AND I think Rosebud has some good advice as well. I will be praying for you and your family. There is something BIG God has planned for those girls. You might have to try some SERIOUS tough love. You know what I am talking about too. You've thought about it, but haven't wanted to do it out of fear. Well, break that spirit of fear in Jesus name and do what HE is telling you to do! You know what it is...I don't, but you do.

I love you girl!

I'm doing good here. Susie is up in PA with her soon-to-be. I felt a little outplaced. But I know God has a plan for my life. HE sure is moving things FAST! Be praying for me.
Mom retires Saturday!!!!

take care and peace be with you!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #50  

Hi all - hope you are having a GREAT Friday! I took off a half day to get some work done around the house. So, I better get at it!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
Old 06-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #51  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Everyone! I am exhausted! VBS is over and I have a new respect for school cooks All we had to do was get stuff together for the kids to help make the snacks and clean up after everyone ate and it was around 100 kids and 30 teachers/helpers each day, but I'm totally wiped out! Our 2 older step-grandkids came down Wednesday and have gone to the program too and seemed to have a good time. And, I know they heard a lot about Jesus and God's love and promises, so a seed was planted!

DH's dad has taken a turn for the worse. The radiation was harder on him than they thought and he's in the hospital. They may not be able to do chemo because of his weakened condition, so we'll probably head up there one day this weekend or early next week to see him again. Also, DS2 & his youth group leave early Sunday morning for a mission trip to an Indian reservation in SD, so prayers would be appreciated for travel safety, good opportunity for sharing, and good attitudes.

Well, gotta go get supper ready, as we have the VBS closing program tonight. You are all in my prayers. God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #52  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi all!! I was looking for a home sorta speak....and was wondering if this is a private group?Can I be adopted.....ummm I don't eat like I use too,
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #53  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there little darlin's,

Thank you all for your support and your prayers, it is appreciated and needed.

Bevie, you are right as always. I am doing alot of talkin to daddy as well.
tell you mom, congrats on her retirement.

Ronni, will be keeping you in my prayers and your DH's dad. Stay strong.

Azulfire,
You are more than welcome here, this is a home for all, you will get support, encouragement, wisdom, and the words of the Lord. they welcomed me with open arms and I have been at home right here ever since.
Glad you have joined us.

Everyone have a blessed and peaceful evening and a joyous awakening.

Love Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #54  
Eating less, moving more

S/C/G: 245/238/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm short on time at the moment (waiting for my sweetie pie husband to get home from work so we can go walking together) but wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm new to these forums and am on a journey to be healthier physically. I've been overweight most of my adult life and am ready to get back to a healthy weight. I'm doing that through following the South Beach diet and have begun walking regularly. I plan to add some exercises from the book "Never Say Diet" next month.

I've been a Christian for 20 years and am actively involved in a very wonderful church - Restoration Life in Sacramento, CA.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all
HisSweetGypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #55  

Azulfire we LOVE new folk here! Glad you joined us!

Ronni - hope the VBS finale went well! What a blessing that you gave your time to do this!

Aggie - hope you are continuing to heal and improve! Prayers continuing for you girl!

HisSweetGypsyRose So glad you are here! My kids are in Oakland CA, so we get out your way every so often! You CAN do this! And, the folk around here are amazing encouragers!

A beautiful night in northern MI. DH and I had a fire on the patio and just a lovely night catching up with each other

Hope you all have a blessed weekend! Stay OP!!!

Prayers ascending!

Laurie
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #56  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILMA!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #57  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you Gary! How did you know it was my birthday? I had an great day. First of all our couple of days at the cabin was great. It rained the whole time but we relaxed - sat in the hot tub and watched movies. We had to supply our own food so we did a lot of grilling and ate really healthy while we were there. We were disappointed that we couldn't do any hiking but I got enough exercise the rest of the week.

We are almost finished installing our patio!! It is going to be nice! I've gotten quite the work out with hauling bricks, moving bricks, handing bricks to DH. I'm a little sore but feel really good.

Then, tonight my DH surprised me with dinner out. When we got there I found out that he had invited very dear friends to join us. Had a great evening and then went to The Forks (a local historical attraction) and walked around with our friends. Great way to celebrate my 50th BD. I am WAY to young to be fifty!!

I haven't had a lot of time to read the posts but will shortly. I am praying for each of you though.

A big welcome to the new names I see here!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #58  

Wilma!

Welcome to the 50+ club

You are right - we ARE way to young to be 50. I feel younger and healthier than I did 10 years ago

Sounds like a marvelous day! You deserved it!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #59  
A Turtle loser

Thank you wonderful ladies for your warm welcome......
Today I feel bummed and almost angry, I have been on this journey for 3 weeks, and I think It may due to withdrawels....like an addict feels
I really dont know....I havnt pin pointed it. I was high from my weight loss....but now...

In the last year we have moved several states away, moved to small town, I did work for the school district and now we just moved again to a bigger town in hopes of my husband finding work, I have applied for work but my husband has not found anything, no call backs....please keep us in prayer for work as we are nearing the end of any monies we have saved. We do love it here, I have not found a home church yet as I was commuting back and forth till the school year ended. But now here Iam away from family and friends.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #60  
A Turtle loser

And oh, several years ago I used to belong to this site and had joined a wonderful christian here. I know this is a site where people come and go, I myself have done it seen others come and go. I do hope to be here and to be accountable.