Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #16  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hi again...

Quote:
Rosebud: WELCOME BACK, DONNA/SUNNYD ~ you've been thru a tough time health-wise, but the Lord has pulled you through it all. PTL!
***Hi, Rosebud! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back, sugar! This was my 5th surgery... so YES, I am praising the Lord! I'm sorry I started on sucha serious note, things are so much better now! Being there is another Donna here you may address me as Sunny or SunnyD so there's no confusion, okay. Congrats on your 60+ lbs lost! Awesome, sweetz!!!

Quote:
Bargoo: Donna/SunnyD, I don't think we have met, but glad to meet you now. Sorry that you had such a tough time physically but glad you are better, now. I know about physical problems but also know God is good and I have a praise report just today, you might have seen it a few posts back. This is such an encouraging group. I tried logging onto a cancer board and it was just too depressing this is much more encouraging and we have a few laughs, too. Welcome!
***Hi, Bargoo! So nice to meet you! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, sugar! I tried to catch up, but so many posts and not enuf time, so I'll begin here, okay! Oh yes, I'm sure of this group and it's wonderful encouragement... it was in the past when I was here and I look forward to it again. I'll be sure to come around as often as I'm able Being there is another Donna here you may address me as Sunny or SunnyD so there's no confusion, okay. Congrats on your 83lb loss!!! Awesome job!!!

***Hi, Rayne! Keeping you in my prayers! Nice to meet you, sugar! Being there is another Donna here you may address me as Sunny or SunnyD so there's no confusion, okay.

Quote:
Wilma12: Sunny: Wow! It's so good to see you here again. You just kind of disappeared and I did wonder what happened to you. I'm so sorry that you had to go through so much physically but am very thankful that you have come through it. Looking forward to catching up with you.
***Hi, ((( Wilma )))! It's WONDERFUL to see you again, my friend! You look great!!! I hope to get my wt. off me again... want to look and feel as great as you do!!! I know I just went away, I'm so sorry... I went thru so much all at once and got overwhelmed. I lost my grandfather (whom I was very close to!) and then both my parents got sick... then I got very sick and was ill for over 8 months before Dr's figured it out and fixed me and it's taken me a year to recoup! I just had no energy at all and was really blue! I felt like I just couldn't keep up any more. Especially after I began making signature tags and working at the other forum. I think I have it down to where I can keep up at both forums, especially now that I'm feeling better! I really missed you all!!!!!

Quote:
CountingDown/Laurie: Donna / Sunny - glad you came back! I'm new since you left, so we haven't "met". I hope to get to know you better!
***Hi, CountingDown/Laurie! It's so nice to meet you too... CONGRATS on your wt loss, sugar... AWESOME JOB!!! You inspire me... you all do!!! I too look forward to knowing you and the others more! Being there is another Donna here you may address me as Sunny or SunnyD so there's no confusion, okay.

***Hi, O2Bthin/Kathy! Keeping you in my prayers also... so nice to meet you, sugar!

***Hi, Kelli! Keeping you in my prayers and looking forward to knowing you... nice to meet you, sugar!

Quote:
ronni62: SunnyD-glad you're back! I'm also new since you have been gone, but look forward to getting to know you better! Very sorry to learn of your health issues, but praise to God for helping you heal.
***Hi, Ronni! It's so nice to meet you too... CONGRATS on your wt loss, sugar... AWESOME JOB!!! You all inspire me so much!!! I too look forward to knowing you and the others more! Thank you for the welcome back!

***Hi, iwannaloose/Donna! It's so nice to meet you... I'm Donna also, but you can address me as Sunny or SunnyD... I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Forgive me if I've left anyone out, not my intention... I hope that you all know how great it feels to be back here with CER's and feeling so encouraged by your awesome stories and success!!! May God continue to bring JOY & PEACE into your day!
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Default Hello!

I am thrilled to have found this thread! I joined 3FC a few days ago and LOVE it! I know that God led me to this and I feel renewed and know that this time I will suceed! It is a tough battle but I do know that my body is my temple and I need to to take care of what God has given me. It is nice to also know that on this forum you can write about other things in your life and have people pray for you. We all need that. I am looking forward to knowing everyone and learning from your weight loss experience!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #18  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud - thanks for the recipe - it looks WONDERFUL! Exactly the type of thing my family loves

Sunny - sorry about your fall! Prayers for healing ascending!

Buttercup Glad you found us, too! This is a GREAT group of Christian folk - phenomenal prayer warriors! Post often so we get to know you!

Gary, It WAS a great game! And, now it is over - time to break out that Coke Zero. Great job on walking the dogs without Angie! Bet the girls had fun!

Hi to everyone else Hope you had a blessed Tuesday!

It was a good day for me. Work is getting crazy busy again, but I am keeping balance in my life - something that has traditionally been hard for me. Exercise is now - non-negotiable. I WILL get in my daily routine. I need to take care of my body, mind, and spirit each and everyday.

More snow here today. While the beautiful white flakes put a coating on everything, and it was a pretty site - I don't care if I don't touch a shovel again until November. I'm so ready to see the first signs of spring!

Blessings to all - and prayers continuing!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #19  
Quit counting at 45!

It's been a crazy day and I'm all about relaxing tonight. I got my dishes done so I think I might work on my quilt tonight for a bit, that is if I don't fall asleep!!

SunnyD: Thanks for the compliment. I've kept most of the weight off for 3 years but am now struggling to not gain it. Exercise is a major challenge for me especially with being so tired at the end of the day. I'm sorry you've had to go through so much the past few years. I am glad you're back and that you're on the mend. I don't know if you've been reading the previous posts so I thought I'd update you on my family. DH is still driving and loving it. He's home most weekends so we get to spend a lot of time together. DS#1 is married now and living in Ottawa going to school there. He's doing great. DS#2 is living at home still and is working in an IT job. He had a rough year a few years ago and we were really worried about him. Thank God he came through that is doing well now.

I am still working at a Credit Union and am now a supervisor to 9 staff members. I have applied for a new position that is coming up and hopefully it will happen for me.

Buttercup: A very warm welcome to you. As you can already see this is a great place for support. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Countingdown: Maybe I just need your attitude. I WILL exercise. That's what it's really about isn't it?

Ronni: I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis even if it's one you probably don't want to hear. It's almost more of a relief knowing what's going on than always wondering. Praying for you!

Gary: Then if it's not the cooking it must be your good looks that's keeping you around! Isn't it nice to have a mate that you get along with so well? I am so thankful for my DH. He is the most patient and giving person I know and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Rosebud: Are you staying warm? It's starting to warm up here the next few days so it won't be so long getting to you. I AM SO READY FOR SPRING!!!

Hello to everyone else! I have to run. Have a great week!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Gary, Bev, Kelli and All - Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and wisdom concerning the "Mom" issue. Your right, I am a Mom to the boys the Lord has entrusted us with. I always wanted to have children, but the Lord knew that down the road there would be 3 boys who needed a home and someone to show them love. I do love these boys as if they were my own and they will always be important to us whether they are here or eventually move on.

Thanks again everyone for bringing this into prespective for me.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #21  

Smile

Oh Woopsi,

hehe I have been over in January, I was LOST, and didn't even know it. I wondered why it was so quiet. Now I am found!

Hey 3D Mom, um... I'm a dork and I'm sorry, I don't know which post you are referring to, when you said "KELLI- What books and verses can I find that at?" (I don't know how to do that quote thing)

Well it is good to see all you over here! I have to go for now as my DH ( wooho I used an acronym) is sitting in his man cave watching TV all by himself and I feel like I have been neglecting him... Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement for my gossiping issue. I get so mad at myself, cause I swear I will never do it again then I get sucked in again. I feel so rotten when I do.

Ronni so glad to have to have you back from Mayo, your positive attitude is an inspiration and I am positive it will go a long way in keeping you healthy. I know God will use your illness to bring glory to Him... I loved your idea about using a garden sprayer it made me laugh...

Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #22  

woops, sorry I forgot to thank Sunny-D for rescuing me from January!
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ronni, I was wondering about how your exam turned out. I will be keeping you in prayer. After 16 years a diagnosis! I remember Montel Williams learning he had MS after over 20 years of trying to find out. He definetely doesn't let it get him down. I admire people who keep on keeping on after learning of a serious medical problem. I know that God will give you strength. You have been such an encouragement to me, I know you will be an inspiration to others as well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma12 View Post

Gary: Then if it's not the cooking it must be your good looks that's keeping you around! Isn't it nice to have a mate that you get along with so well? I...............
Nice try WILMA Nope...it isn't my looks that keep her around ...it's my dogs! I have spoiled them so much in 5 years that there is no way in "Heck" she could deal with them on her own in a divorce settlement
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #25  
Quit counting at 45!

Whatever works, Gary! Keep up the good work!!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, not much eldering this week but I will be going to an Elders and Deacons retreat this Saturday. Right now I am suffering Buyer's Remorse. what was I thinking when I agreed to this ? I was talking to another elder and expressing my concern said "I don't drink so I wasn't drunk when I agreed to this". She said " Maybe now would be the time to start". Even the "frozen chosen" AKA Presbyterians have a sense of humor. She was kidding, wasn't she ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Not sure BARGOO...around here it is "What do you have when you see 4 Lutherans together?"...."A fifth."
Old 02-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SUNNYD ~ I will post some pics tomorrow of the girls and kids.

I am still in construction...just a different company...we build new and remodel car dealerships.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

OK....too much to catch up on so late tonight!!!!

WELCOME to the new people!!!!

I saw the prayer request for the daughter with the athiest tie. All i can tell you is: I was saved at 4. My parents HAD NO idea about what I was doing until I went and told them. I held fast to that and love God with everything in me. He was my best friend. My parents divorced when i was 11 and mom had suicidal tendencies, as did dad. He was so abusive and negative about her ruining our family. Long story - cut to chase...I got tired of being the 'responsible' on around 14.5 and started getting high, having sex, you name it. My sr. year i got involved in the occult. (oh boy...) 18 and 19 i was dancing, got raped, had an abortion...abusive relationships, went to college, started to seek other religions...finally saw the light. The point I want to make in all of this is that: i know people were praying for me. God saved me at an early age to give me that base. I just covered that base with manuer for years. Later, a tree bloomed from that pile and finally I was able to bear good fruit. I don't regret the things I did because I can much more easily reach people that the average minister cannot. They will listen to me. Don't give up, but set boundaries in YOUR home for her. Either she obeys, or she gets out. Don't be afraid of that. Sometimes in our desire to 'help' we hurt God's work. Just know that the effectual prayer of a righteous man (or woman) avails much. Keep the prayers going. Preaching AT her will only drive her further away. If she got it when she was younger...she will come back to it. I am walking proof.

I saw Dennis tonight. He looked disheveled, but hopeful and more happy. He plans on getting out the 12th. Still don't know what will happen with the other county since they want him too. But, GOD is in control. I am mailing D the address for that program in AL and hopefully, that will work for him. He also wanted me to send him some pics of his daughter. I almost cried when i walked in, but God gave me strength. I love HIM so much! And i love my little bro too. He was sad that I didn't come last week, but I told him i was just too sick. he said ' i thought you would at least came by and put $ on my books'...geesh.

mom is driving me batty today. actually, i get well and i got pulled in EVERY direction possible!!!!

mY MID-TERM is this weekend. geesh. PLEASE PRAY!

the guy i am interested in is going to some tennis thing in montreal this weekend. i did offer that we should get together sometime.

I know I have not written to everyone. there is just too much to catch up with tonight.

I love you all and thanks to the one that liked my prayers. Its all the Holy Spirit...He gives the words!

Peace! and Blessings!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #30  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah, Bargoo, you made me cry! You have been such an inspiration to me in how you've faced your cancer and I'm so glad you've been here! Isn't it amazing how God led us to this group? Every time I get to come here, I feel so blessed.

Buttercup-You may have already figured out that this is a really special group of people. Come back often. We like to get to know everyone!

Counting-your commitment to your exercise is inspiring to me! I know I need to do something, but I just really have always hated exercise-probably dates back to jr high gym classes and being the fat girl, you know. I keep seeing the treadmill in the basement and I know it's calling me, but right now I'm turning a deaf earI will go walk, I will go walk, I will go walk.........

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers about the MS thing. I had a sad spell yesterday-not really sure why, as I had suspected this all along, but all of a sudden I guess it just hit. I called a friend of mine in IN and she said the same thing happened to her when she was diagnosed with diabetes, so I guess it's just part of the process.

Well, I pray you all have a really nice day! God bless and protect everyone from the enemy and all his tricks!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote