Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #106  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hi there everyone. Ive been MIA for a few weeks. Things are SUPER busy here. Usually i get on the internet at work but since i am only working here 1 day a week now i have lots to do on that day. I have been keepin gall of you in my prayers and i am going to try really hard to get on at home if i have free time! Hope everyone is doing well. HAppy thursday
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #107  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HIYA COURTNEY ~ so glad to hear from you; still praying that you can find more work real soon. We know that things are pretty difficult in the US for a lot of people regarding work right now; seems people are only spending money on essentials right now. It's kinda like a ripple effect, one company lays off workers and then others hear that and start cutting back too (the power of a negative suggestion at work a bit). We will be positive for you -- that you will find the right thing for you.

HI KELLY ~ no problem; I am a bit of a turtledove myself, so I know how it feels. With GOD's help, I am learning not to take what people say too personally. I know that I am just trying to share some of GOD's Love & Light ... and how and if they receive it, is up to them. Paul told us to always be ready to share: so if you ask, then I'll share! And like you, as we get older, we learn to be brief and more selective in what we say; but here on this thread, you can go on and on, we don't mind!

DONNA ~ prayers for your son going up.

LAURIE ~ I think you did a great job on your wedding dress: I think it's very pretty and still looks wonderful today. At the time, we didn't have much money either and I didn't have a dress, but I had some material and quickly sewed up a very plain, non-traditional style of dress on my mother's old straight-stitch Singer sewing machine. I didn't pass it on to anyone, I wore it as a houseshift for a while, then eventually tossed it. Now I have some nice new dresses in my closet.

HI SUE ~ so happy to see you back here; sorry about Jim's passing (prayers for his wife continue), but I had prayed that the Lord wouldn't let him suffer too long: and He is merciful! Oh how I wish you had told us about your surgeries (or did we just forget?), so that we could pray about them. I was praying for you anyways that everything was A-OK!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ gotta go right now and put dinner on, but am sending up prayers for all your concerns and your families, as I read ALL the posts every day. So, take good care ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #108  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kelli - loved your post - so good to have you posting LONG posts again. 3FC won't run out of space, so you can write as much as you wish

Thank you for your incredibly kind words on the "dress" thread. They are much appreciated

Bev - LOL, I DON'T want to make another dress anytime soon. I have enough trouble finding time to hem pants these days. I have fabric in my sewing room calling my name, but I never seem to find time to actually get up there. One of these days ... Or maybe, it will just have to wait for retirement, or OH, here's a thought - GRANDCHILDREN

Hang in there with STATS - at least you are passing! Keep at it, and it will be over soon!

Courntey - glad to see you again and on reaching ONEDERLAND!!!!!! AWESOME! Keep going, girl - you are doing GREAT!!!!

Hi to Rosebud, Gary, Donna, Sunny, Kathy, Bargoo, Wilma, Sue, army wife, satisfaction, aggie, Patty, Ronni, and our MIAs.

Blessing to all - I hope you have a wonderful, grace-filled Friday. Prayers continuing for everyone!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #109  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello everyone,
I think I told you guys and gals that I had to weigh in tonight, well I almost did not go, thought I might skip a week, but thanks to the Holy Spirit prompting me on I went. To my amazement I lost 6.6 pounds this week for a grand total of 25.8 Wooha!! I am so excitied. 10 more to go to reach my 10% mark. When I hit it you will feel the earth tilt or the you may hear the angels in Heaven singing Good Job Aggie.
Just want to tell everyone hello and I pray everyone is doing fine. Gotta go cook for my hubby now but I will be back a little later. May God continually bless you all.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #110  

Aggie - that is AWESOME news! Way to go!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #111  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YAH, it's me ... I'm back again ~ as I had to rush away to do dinner (I was a bit behind today). Anyways, we had lovely sunshine all day, but it was just a bit colder because of high winds; right now, it has dropped down to -18C but that's OK because we need it for our Winter Carnival for this weekend. Everyone was getting concerned as everything was melting with +7c temps yesterday; the streets were flooded and the roadworkers were out with trucks hauling the snow and slush away as fast as they could.

AGGIE ~ Congratulations on such a big loss for one week; that's quite a lot. You are doing very well already. Glad you found us over here.

COURTNEY ~ yes indeedy, congrats to you too for reaching 'onederland' ... that is so nice!

HI TO LAURIE, WILMA, GARY, BARGOO, KATHY, BEV, RONNI, DONNA, SATISFACTION, CALLEY, PATTY, ARMYWIFE, SUNNYD, SHY, KAREN, and any other MIA's out there ...

Not too much to report today, just the usual daily stuff and continuing to unpack and sort and toss and donate stuff. Take good care and have a Fantastic Friday ... ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #112  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I have read and will post tomorrow...Angie has girls night out....

now back to the UCLA game!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #113  

Default Happy Thursday

Hi All,

Today was a good day... I had a cool dream last night. I think it might be from God. I had another one a long time ago, that I know was from God. I mean it sounds kind of silly when I tell about it... But the one last night... I was in this parking lot at a big event... the parking was very tight, but cars were pulling in and parking perfectly side-by-side... one-by-one. All was going perfectly... so of course I had to get in there and help...

as soon as I started helping all "heck" broke loose, a big truck ran over a curb, and a little car darted around the big truck and was going to try and park under it, but the big truck, not seeing the little car kept driving forward and ended up driving over the little car... as the truck backed up over the car, I could see there was no way anyone could have survived. I went running screaming call 911 then I just fell on the ground sobbing because I knew it was my fault... When I woke up I asked God what it meant, it was so vivid... I think He was telling me to let Him do His work... My "ministry" is going along just as He planned. I need to quit trying to hurry it along and quit trying to help Him..

That has always been one of my worst-shall we say "faults" waiting... I HATE IT!

Have any of you ever had dreams like that?

Wilma: You are so brave to and smart to request accountability. You did it before I know you can do it again... I love your picture, it makes me want to sit down with you and have a nice cup and a chat.

Kathy: I think that's awesome you are pushing yourself to exercise, I am going to start up again some day... and I mean it! Besides the losing weight benefit, you also feel so much better. I remember thinking, 'I can't exercise, I have arthritis, it will make it hurt worse... but the funny thing is I felt so much better when I was. I was more flexible, and my feet stopped hurting as much...

Donna, LOVE YOUR "SIGGY" YIPPEE. I am praying for your son and daughter, my daughter has aspergers. Sometimes I think these kids are just to smart for this world. Like they have too much of everything. too much intelligence, too strong of hearing. too strong of a sense of touch... I can't imagine how they must feel. I know he is such a blessing and I really, really, want to read your book. Did you say it is available yet?

Bev: "Geesh" (I copied that from your post because I don't know how to spell those "sound words" I think it has something to do with the same problem I have with acromyms) ANYWAYS! geesh, I can't even say statistics let alone take a tests on them... Did I tell you how much I admire people who go to collage... I am going to pray for a statistician to come your way... a tall dark and Christian statistician...

Courtney: I think I started posting here after you went MIA for those few weeks. It is so nice to meet you. I hope you come back a lot!

Laurie: I can't believe you made that beautiful wedding dress. I borrowed mine from my fiance/husband's best man's wife... whoo say that five times fast... they ended up getting a divorce, she moved to another state, and he gave the dress to me. but it was at least two sizes too small at my wedding, but I want that to be my goal to be able to zip it up again. (This little gal is as close as I could come to a wedding dress with a smilie).

AGGIE:!!!!! WOW are you so excited?! how fun 6.6. Isn't it funny you were not even going to go. Cheers to you girl, that is hard work PTL!

You all have a blessed evening. Group Hug!
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #114  
Quit counting at 45!

It's almost bed time but I thought I would quickly sign on and let you know that you are in my prayers.

Kelli: What a nice thing to say! I would love to sit and get to know you better too. I guess we'll have to just do it here in cyberspace! I have never had a dream as vivid as yours but I do believe that God sends us messages or lessons that way. I also try to do too much and not let God do what He needs to do. Great lesson!

Rosebud: Same old here for me today too. I'm also glad it's cooled down a bit. When it warms up I want it to stay that way. Not this teasing we get and then it's back down into the deep freeze. Stay warm!

Aggie: Awesome job on the weight loss. Good thing you listened to that voice!!

Well, I'm starting to lose my train of thought. Better get some rest. Good night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Laurie! You are funny...I wish I could learn how to sew enough to make some fleece jammie pants...i LOVE those! Of course, its almost too warm here already. it'll get cold again before spring.

Kelli!!! girl, you crack me up!!!! tall and blonde would be best! I have one in mind as I type and he is TALL!!!! 6'5" with long brown/blondish hair! :
I have had dreams like that. I LOL when I read the part about staying out of it, not helping or hurrying Him. He sure doesn't need us. We just muck it all up.

Hi Rosebud, Courtney, Aggie (CONGRATS)...Gary, 'what's up???"

If I forgot someone...it isn't intentional!

I got Dennis out tonight. He wanted to eat at Waffle House (greasy, southern, waffles/grits/eggs kinda place), so I took him and he scarfed down his t-bone and eggs and hashbrowns like he hadn't eaten in a month. crazy...

I worked on my friend's 66 mustang tonight! he welded and i sanded and removed the cover to the brake stuff in the rear end. that was FUN! i need to shower now, cause i have red paint dust all in my hair...

have a great evening...day! love to you all!!!!!

Last edited by Rayne; 02-13-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #116  

Default Hi

Hi! Been a hard week cause not only Jim passed away my bil father, but his aunt so two wakes and funerals... But is a real answer to prayer that they are not sufferinganymore, and that they are now with the Lord. Amen. I am doing fine, I can stop wearing my binder on Monday, It has been just a little overa month wearing it almost 24 hours aday. But there is a light now.
Ronni- Prayers foryou and your family... that the Lord will work all out, and for healing.
Wilma- Thanks! I understand all the ice... we have had a couple really warm days and then snow melts and freezes... making layers of ice... spring is coming though.
Counting- Thanks! Sorry to hear about the young man's suicide it is a difficult things for the family and in deed the whole community. Pryaers!
Kelli- As counting said- you never know later when those same people are being challenged or having trials they come back and ask you to pray with them, or for them All we can do is plant a seed and God will do the harvesting.and that
Donna- Prayers for your son, and that things improve remember spring is coming... in more than one way.
Candykisses- Prayers that work situations improves, so many people have completely lost their jobs... we know who is in control so things will improve.
Rosebud- what a blessing you are- thanks so much for your prayers. This week wasrough two wakes two funerals, but both my bil's aunt and dad were suffering- we have been praying the same... but the Lord is good and continued prayers for Jean His mom are appreciated. It is hard watching someone go slowly... I mentioned my surgeries in Nov. But they were done laporscopically so no big deal, but thanks!
Aggie- awesome job 6.6 lbs...
E.Z.- What a rock as someone said earlier. always there to offer encouragement and assistance.
Blessings all!!!! gotta run... sorry to any one I missed.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #117  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! Thanks to you all for the prayers for MIL. Her surgery went better than expected, similar to my DH's in Dec. The rotator cuff was not actually torn, so they removed some bone spurs and cleaned up the joint a little and she'll be able to start exercising it today! Much shorter and less painful recovery time. She ended up having to stay overnight at the hospital, as a precaution, due to an irregular heartbeat during surgery. That has happened before and never amounts to anything, so we expect she'll be going home today. And, one of DH's sisters finally stepped up to help out and is taking care of MIL's cats and dog, so we could come home and rest. Prayers really do work, even on unsuspecting non-believers

Congratsto Courtney for hitting onederland and Aggie for the great weightloss!

Prayers continuing for you all. It amazes me how often one of you crosses my mind during the day. I believe that God puts people in our thoughts so we can lift them up at a time of need and that is what Paul meant about praying without ceasing. So, even though I don't always list personals, I want you to know that I always keep you and your requests in my prayers. Hope you all have a great day! Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! (just in case I can't get back here before then)

Last edited by ronni62; 02-13-2009 at 08:25 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Ronni - I am not so good at listing personals either...I feel better after reading what you wrote! thanks!
AND HOW AWESOME! I knew her surgery would go great! And I LOVE how God does that to the 'unsuspecting non believers'. I had an atheist pay for my dinner one time and said "see...I did this on my own, it wasn't "GOD"" i just said "nah...HE just used you to do it! It's always Him blessing me"

And everyone, remember that WITH God (the key is being WITH HIM) ALL things are possible!!!!! Mom got her taxes back after 1 day!!!! That was her proof today. Please be praying Dennis doesn't bug her since he's home. She is worried...I break off that spirit of worry and fear from my mom in JESUS name, AMEN!
BY His Blood...we are FREE!!!!!! HEALED, CLEANSED, DELIVERED!

Happy V-day to everyone!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #119  

Rosebud - our winter carnival got changed quite a bit. They canceled races and ice events, but held some of the other things that weren't dependent upon lots of snow. Very strange year, weatherwise! I hope you have a fun weekend!

Gary - hope Angie has a fun time out with the girls!

Kelli - I have had many dreams like that - and there IS always a message in them. Patience isn't always my strong suit either. And I also like to "control" situations. Letting go and letting God, have been hard for me sometimes.

I also try to "do less" and "be more". It seems to work for me. Staying in the Word usually helps me stay on track!

Wilma - I'm with you. I would love for spring to come soon. I so enjoyed that warm respite this week!

Sue - you continue to be in my prayers. Death is hard for those of us left behind, even when it is expected and welcomed by the person. I'm sure your presence was a blessing to those around!

Ronni - good news on the surgery I know, me too - I think of many of my 3FC friends often during the day. And it always brings a smile to my face

Bev - you could sew jammie pants - they are quite easy. Straight seams and no zippers or button holes. If you have access to a sewing machine, there are some great "easy" patterns out there (Walmart has patters for 50% off) and usually the easy patterns are quite inexpensive. Fleece is easy to sew too. I made all of the kids footed jammies for YEARS. They loved the one piece numbers with a zipper up the front. So warm and cuddly LOL - now that I think about it, I made a pair for myself once. DH didn't much care for them though

I'm glad it is Friday! It was a LONGGGGG week! And - even though I was beat when I got home from work, I did 30 minutes with my "virtual trainer", and another 30 minutes on the wii fit.

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend and a Day!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #120  

Default Happy Valentine's Day !

The words of the bible are priceless to us because they tell of the "love letter" God sent 2000 years ago in the person of His Son. 1 John 4:10
Rayne- I love fleece jammies, they are so warm and cozy in the winter-
I once sanded and repaired the rusted sections of a car- my dad added new sheet metal and then bonddo and paint. It was fun working w/ my dad with that.
Wilma- The temp here dropped back down to about 14 degrees so much for warm days, still have a little while yet.
Kelli- I think all of us try to take control at times when we should let go and let God! Don't worry, you'll make it in that wedding dress, and be stunning the second time around as well!
E.Z.- Go UCLA!!! How is that Grandbaby of yours doing! getting big I am sure... How is your nephew, he went in the military, can't remember what branch though?
Rosebud- Prayers the winter carnival goes well, and it stays cold enough... imagine praying it stays cold... something wrong w/ this
Counting! Thanks! Speaking of blessingsto those around us! you are pretty awesome yourself!! 30 mins after working all dayand then 30 more... you go girl!!! I have only played the WI gme a couple times but it was great fun... never tried the wi fit though.
My nephew has a benefit for his senior trip tonight- They are doing a 50's
style dinner set up with a 2 act play called Mayhem in Mayville... They are serving burgers, fries, and malts, and tossed salad... not great for waist, but should be lots of fun... I just ordered a couple biggest loser books off amazon- their used books are always and good shape and so much cheaper... hopefully that will spur me on- new recipes and all. Hello to all I missed Prayers! wishes you all have a great Valentine's day!! with time to spend with your loved one... Here is a flower for all the Ladies! and a beer for E.Z. Blessings all! Have a greatweekend!

Last edited by doitforme; 02-14-2009 at 07:47 AM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote