Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #151  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! So many postings since I was last here! I sometimes get time to read posts on the weekends, but rarely time to add anything

Wilma-prayers for your class to go well and be over soon I too have problems with feeling sick when I eat poorly. I never realized how bad I felt all the time before making my mind up to change my eating once and for all. Glad you're doing much better! Enjoy your time with your DH home and the b-day dinner for your MIL.

Gary-What a good heart you have! Most people wouldn't care about whether or not to lay someone off-they'd do it just in case it'd mean more $ for themselves! Prayers for Angie's hip and your daughter's IT band (ouch! on both counts!). Daytona didn't end the way I wanted, but Matt Kenseth is ok, too (really wanted Mark Martin to win it, though, as he's always been our favorite driver). At least Kyle Busch didn't win-bad of me, I know. back to you! You've been a great inspiration to me on my "journey"!

Bev-cool about the valentine!

Bargoo-Congrats on your ordination! I'm sure it was a blessing as you will be to your church!

Counting-You must have great people skills to be able to help in those "issues."

Oh2beme-prayers for your DH's tests. My DH has been through those too. I pray they find out what's wrong and it's not serious.

Kathy(o2Bthin)-prayers for your DH's job situation and your vertigo. God WILL take care of you!

Rosebud-prayers for Numpster. You're a great sister in showing your concern and letting us know her needs.

doitforme-prayers for your bil. I know how hard it is waiting for a diagnosis. I pray they find something definitive quickly and can start treatment.

Donna-prayers for you and your son's behavior issues.

Hi to everyone else, too! We have so many people here lately. It's really neat! Whatever virus we've had took a turn for the worse over the weekend-I spent the day in the recliner Friday and now DS3 has developed a cough and high fever, so I guess it's off to the doctor today. Sure wish the weather would warm up so we can get out and do things and air out the germs too! I've already gotten out the disinfecting wipes and started cleaning everything again This has been such a bad year for viruses so far! Hope you all keep well and have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Blessings ladies....I think this may be a good group to be a part of...in all my attempts to lose weight i don't think i have ever done it by leaning on the Lord..i am REALLY struggling even just to get started...i always end up screwing things up the first day and then the next day promise myself to try again but just can't seem to get it together...zero motivation or desire but i know i have to do something because physically i feel like crap...any suggestions to get going??? thanks for listening
janne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #153  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

I am so sorry I have you guys so confused, but I promise I will catch on. LOL
Now I think I have got this part right, Gary you are married to Angie and Rayne is a friend to the both of you. Right. I hope so, I know I can be slow be Lord knows I hope I am not crawling. LOL

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #154  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi and janne50! This is a great place for support and encouragement. To try to answer part of your question, all I know is that I had no success in all my many attempts to lose weight until God led me to this group and I realized that I could do nothing on my own-it all had to come from God. When I realized it was time to do it, I just started my new life. It was in the middle of a week in the middle of a month, but it didn't matter, I just knew it was time to commit myself to eating properly and getting healthy. For me, that now means counting calories and writing down every bite of everything I eat. I eat 5 or 6 mini-meals each day to keep my metabolism from crashing, but I'm not diligent about exercise yet (I keep waiting for warmer weather). I also try to limit sugar and eat no artificial sweeteners or caffeine and try to eat a lot of fresh and unprocessed foods and whole grains, but do like to have Lean Cuisines for lunches, as they're just easy. Don't know if any of that will help you, but hope you keep coming back. The support here is incredible!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #155  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Bev - hang in there with STATS - can the school suggest another tutor?

Ronni - hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon! It HAS been a rough year for viruses!

Janne! Glad you found us! We LOVE new folk here on the CE threat! I hope you will post often so we get to know you! Please feel free to list any prayer requests - we have wonderful prayer warriors here

Hello to everyone else! I hope your week started out well!

A different day here - school is on break today, and - although I have to work, the electricians are doing some work on the system. So, I can't do much of what I should be doing at work. Thus, I worked half a day at school and I'm working the rest of the day from home where I have a working computer and Internet

We are going out of town tonight with friends, so I may not make it back today.

Prayers continuing for all! Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Janne, I am a calorie counter and my plan is pretty much the same as ronni. I count every bite, write every thing down. I have to restrict my exercise to walking, due to a shoulder injury. I have done many diets and find calorie counting works best for me. I find the thing that motivates me the most is stepping on my scale and seeing a loss.

Last edited by bargoo; 02-16-2009 at 12:32 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #157  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

Just found this thread. I shall come back for more in the future. Just thought I would stop in and say hi. I never would have lost my weight if it wasn't for Jesus, nevermind that. I wouldn't even be alive today if it wasn't for Him. HAHA This is a good place thanks
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Today was a beautiful day in central PA. It was in the 30s but the sunshine was just beautiful. I love the sunshine, it makes me happy.

Welcome to Janne and run4change! You'll find this a great place to be a wonderful people to share with. The peiple of this site have been a blessing to me and a help on this weight loss journey.

O 2 B Me - Congratulations on your .5lb loss. Each loss is victory no matter how small. Don't let the scales be your weight loss dictator. Let your clothes becoming lose fitting and loss of inches be your guide. In the end that's what matters.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers for my DH. He is still stuggleing with losing his job, but I'm just trusting the Lord to work all things out. I'm sure He has something better and more compatable to his abilities.

Have a great night everyone and a happy Tuesday.

Kathy

I'm feeling better tonight. The vertigo has for the most part gone. At least I feel like my head is on the level!!! I didn't exercise today because of the vertigo, but plan on getting on the treadmill in the morning.
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...i think i found where i need to be.....it sounds like writing down every bite of food seems to be a helpful hint, i will have to try that...i find it so frustrating that food is so important to me and seems to be the highlight of my days...really need to get this under control..."I can do all things through Christ"...
janne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

I have a prayer request that I forgot to add to my last post. My bosses wife has been very sick. She has Crones Disease and it is acting up. She has done well for almost 10 years, but this past weekend she was very sick and in a lot of pain. She has had test already and has more to go through. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Prayers going up for your bosses wife.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #162  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JANNE50 & RUN4CHANGE ~ so many newbies joining in here lately; all the more to give each other support ...

To AGGIE & OTHER NEWBIES ~ don't worry about keeping up with all the names; just tell us how you are doing and let us know if you need prayers or anything else. Many here like calorie-counting and journalizing what they eat; and/or keeping track on the DAILY PLATE.COM or a place like that. Feeling better and being healthy IS my motivation: that's my goal. I've added 30 minutes more of exercises first thing in the morning. Walking is a good place to start for exercising: it's free!

Just wanted to let you all know that ^^PRAYERS^^ are going up for all your concerns!!!

KATHY ~ prayers for your husband for peace and that the Lord will find him another job soon; also prayer's for your bosses' wife as well.

RONNI and WILMA ~ thanks for your prayers for NUMPSTER; I know that she would appreciate it very much. We are sending up prayers that she gets one of those new "work @ home" positions and that her health improves as well. She has all she needs to work from home like LAURIE does.

SUE ~ sending up prayers for your BIL and JEAN; yes, your family has been under a lot of stress lately.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE TOO, including all our MIA's ...

We had lovely sunshine and warmer temps today too; I also love the sunshine. Did my income tax return today; it's finished and gone ... yeah!!! Wrote some letters to family. We had Roasted Chicken with loads of veggies for dinner tonight. Just a quiet day otherwise; so take good care folks, and have yourselves a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!! ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #163  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals and new guy

A lot of rain here today which is rare here in southern California Snow in the mountains....a pretty site from my neighborhood. Angie is off work this week and painted the guest room today.

Other than that not much going on other than a good friend of mine e-mailed me, hadn't heard from him in a few years....I quit "talking" to him because he never called or e-mailed me back. He lives in Bend, Oregon....my ex-wife is there this week visiting another set of friends we have that live there and looked him up...guess he felt guilty of not getting back to me....a lot of excuses....but still good to hear from him....not sure if I will e-mail him back right away

ROSEBUD ~ I will match our fresh salmon, fresh sweet peas and risotto against your roasted chicken and veggies

KATHY ~Prayers for your bosses wife. Prayers for your husbands future job situation. Angie and I walk a lot together when we can, when I am in town. We mapmyrun.com and have several routes around our neighborhood and area...along the beach...duck pond...etc. Get on that treadmill now!

JANNE50 ~Welcome!

RUN4CHANGE ~Great to see you here kid...can use the extra testosterone around here did you get your 15 miles in Sunday?

AGGIE ~ Yes, Bev is a friend of mine....from this site! Love having you here!!

RONNI ~Hope the family feels better real soon! Yep that was not a great Daytona, hope the year is much better! Would have been sweet to see Mark Martin win...oh well. Angie's hip is in place today with no problems but I haven't talked to my daughter about her IT band.

OH 2 BE ME ~Ouch on that shoulder...I have the same problem. So many years of taping drywall. Hey .5 is a loss...cheer up

AUNT SUE ~ Yep, grand nephew....or it might have been that my Goddaughter had a baby...my Grand God-daughter's-son Prayers for bil...wow! how much can one guy take....I hope His blessings are on the way in multitude!

WILMA ~Isn't it so nice so many like having you hanging around here besides me? Wish you would have invited me for enchiladas!! dang!!

BEV ~ Looks like we are becoming an item shh...Angie reads this from time to time Chicken soup on hold until tomorrow.

BARGOO ~ Glad to hear all went well with the elder ordination.

SCOOTER ~
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #164  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary, if you had been up here vacuuming for me you would have gotten as many enchiladas as you could eat.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #165  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Just wanting to say "Good Morning" to all. I kind of had a few days of slight slippage (it was V-day AND my hubby's birthday) but I still lost 2 lbs since my last weigh in. Who can figure?? God's mercy?? I guess I'm still eating way different than I used to. I tend to not eat enough, so maybe the little extra celebrating worked for me.

Have a blessed day...keeping your eyes on Him!

Donna
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote