Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #31  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all!

I still can't keep your names straight yet. I'm so sorry! But I'm reading and praying for your needs.

And praying for us all to keep our eyes on Him! When I am weak, He is strong. Knowing that we can rely on His strength helps us to be successful!

Have a great and awesome day!

Donna
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Humor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Not sure BARGOO...around here it is "What do you have when you see 4 Lutherans together?"...."A fifth."
Very funny, speaking of funny I am sure God has a sense of humor. One minute I was learning I had cancer the next I was being asked by my church to make a three year commitment as elder. I have the feeling that sometimes God just sits back and laughs at we humans trying to cope. After all he has a plan for each one of us. His planning is far superior to what we can dream up. My mother used to say " If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."

Last edited by bargoo; 02-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #33  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Default catchin up

I have a prayer request. My DH was diagnosed with ulceritive colitis October of 2007. He has had minimum flare ups since then, but He's starting to feel kinda bad. Please pray for him.

KELLI- Love the dork thing. Too funny!! Sorry I should've been more specific. I was wondering what verses about the gluttony?! As for the gossiping thing, always try to say the nicest thing possible about the person. If you're gonna say something why not let it be positive.

RONNI-Prayers and Peace on diagnosis. Would you mind if I added a little yellow??

WILMA-Lots of support with the new position. Will you have more time off or will it keep you busier?

BARGOO- He always gets ya where He wants ya HUH?! LOL!! He sure is using you as a witness.

ROSEBUD0 Thanks for the recipe. Same old oatmel everyday is boring.

SUNNY- Hello and nice to meet you. Sorry about your fall.

BUTTERCUP- It's wonderful to be able to vent and not be judged.

DONNA-Knowing others are here praying for me and my struggles is enough for me.

BEV- You are such a honest to goodness God fearing woman that I'm ashamed of my self sometimes. I pray your family will realize how blessed they are to have you.

I bought a WALK AWAY THE LBS. video and have decided it's the best $10.00 I've ever spent. Please pray I'll use it so much I'll have to go get another!!

Blessings for Everyone
Crissy
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Ronni - I am praying for you. Healing, Peace, JOY ABUNDANTLY!!!!! He WILL be glorified in this...in YOU! When the enemy reminds you of the diagnosis, remind him that YOUR GOD says you are the head and not the tail. You are more than a conqueror in HIM! You were healed by HIS stripes...which means the healing is already there. ANY time a symptom is exposed, just praise God for His mightiness. Oh I can't wait to hear about your growth in this and the miracle that God will reveal in you! It's an awesome time!!!! Rejoice and again I say rejoice!

Bargoo - I think they asked you because you will still be GOING STRONG in 3 short years! God's mightiness will also be blatantly visible in your life. Read what I wrote Ronni and apply it to your life as well. AND....I LOVE what your mom says...ain't that the truth???!!!!

3D - you wrote this: "BEV- You are such a honest to goodness God fearing woman that I'm ashamed of my self sometimes. I pray your family will realize how blessed they are to have you."
YOU humble me. I keep shaking my head in disbelief. seriously...humbled and dumbfounded.
I pray my family realizes that I am worthy of something...
wow...
I just have no one to hold onto...no one I can trust, not even me. He is my strength, my PRINCE, my KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR, my life means nothing without HIM. When I finally came to that KNOWLEDGE...I changed. Well, I change daily...minutely, secondly. I don't recommend coming to that knowledge the way I did...He had to take away everything for me to see that HE IS EVERYTHING. Some people think I'm over the edge...why shouldn't I be when HE DIED for ME???!!!! It's ALL about HIM!

sorry, just falling in love all over again. I love You, Jesus, Daddy, Holy Spirit...YOU are my life. Thank You for loving me...little ole me...I am not worthy...but because of you, I am...only because of You. Fill me and all that I see/touch and all of those here and the ones they see/touch, fill us to overflowing! Take us to a place in You that we have yet to be...guide us, heal us, be GLORIFIED in us. Protect us and those that we love. In Jesus name. AMEN! So be it!

i love ya'll!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #35  

Hi All,

I don't know why but I am tired, I think I have been sleeping too much.

I didn't gossip today, thank you all so much for your prayers! I got up and washed my hands when they started, then just looked around and didn't comment on anything. Thank you Jesus, I am so glad we can use His power to be free of things that make us unhappy.

Crissy, that is a perfect idea, saying something nice, and you know I have used that and not realized it. My DD1 has Aspergers syndrome, it's a form of high functioning autism, but a friend of mine at work has the same thing, and every time they talked about her, I would point out how nice she is, and how she never has a bad word to say about anybody, and they stopped talking about her! Thank you Jesus! It's funny how we make things harder than they need to be sometimes.

As far as the gluttony scriptures... God showed me food is one of Satan's favorite temptaion tools.

Starting with the VERY FIRST SIN!

1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Then you have Esau and Jacob:

Genesis 25:29-34 Now Jacob cooked a stew; and Esau came in from the field, and he was weary. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Please feed me with that same red stew, for I am weary." Therefore his name was called Edom.
31 But Jacob said, "Sell me your birthright as of this day."
32 And Esau said, "Look, I am about to die; so what is this birthright to me?"
33 Then Jacob said, "Swear to me as of this day."
So he swore to him, and sold his birthright to Jacob.
34 And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.

I was always confused by this story. I felt Jacob had cheated and lied to get poor Esau’s inheritance. Why would God bless him instead of punish him.

When I ran across the following scripture I was really confused:

Malachi 1:3 "Yet Jacob I have loved; 3 But Esau I have hated, And laid waste his mountains and his heritage For the jackals of the wilderness.”
Romans 9:13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.

It seemed to me that God just randomly chose favorites, and it didn’t matter how good or bad a person was.

Then I found Hebrews 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

Esau gave up his birthright, the closeness and fellowship of Gods blessing, for a bowl of soup. The word “despised” means, to think lightly of, it’s the same word used of Esau, when he despised his birthright

Jacob on the other hand, was so hungry for Gods blessing that he would do any thing to have it, from deceit, to wrestling all night with God, to keep the blessing.

I have found tons more like that, but this post is becoming huge! I will put more in later.

Love Kelli

Last edited by Kelli; 02-04-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #36  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma - yup - just gotta do it. And, for me, the revelation was that exercising when I was worn out from work actually made me feel better. Even 15 minutes of something helped. And - once I got into a routine of exercising (which is moderate - includes yoga, pilates, dance, balance ball, Wii, etc.) I actually have more energy at the end of the day.
It was HARD to get into a routine, but once I did - it really did make a difference.

Kelli - congrats on NOT gossiping!

Bev - loved your post! What an uplifting reminder of our worth in God's eyes! Continued prayers for Dennis, and for your test!

Chrissy - prayers going up for your DH! I LOVE WATP videos - Leslie is sooooo inspring! Good for you!

Bargoo - your mom was/is a wise woman! That is one of my favorite sayings as well

Donna - so many new folk - it IS hard to keep everyone straight. What a WONDERFUL problem to have I love your avatar! Did you make it?

Ronni - prayers continuing for your healing! Your post made me laugh - well, actually shudder. I abhored gym class in school. From kindergarten on. Horrible, horrible experience. Hey - it only took me until I turned 50 to get over it

Bargoo - prayers continuing for you as you enter this new chapter of your life! God has chosen you for a wonderful purpose - you will be a blessing to many! I'm sure Gary can spare some BEER if you really want some

Kathy - those boys are lucky to have you as their MOM.

Church meeting tonight, which went well. I have to work a double shift tomorrow, so I might not make it here. 3FC is blocked at work.

Hope you all have a blessed day! Prayers continuing for all. It is GREAT to have so many new folk on my prayer list
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #37  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Kelli. I've never been one to really understand some scriptures without it being explained to me. I guess that's why my MOM gave me a "student BIBLE" in the new international version.
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #38  

3D Mom,

I hope I didn't come off like a big know-it-all or something, my daughter told me when I said "Starting with the VERY FIRST SIN!" that I was yelling at you!!! I really should look up posting etiquette, since I am so new at it. I am so sorry, I get way too excited when God shows me something.

Love Kelli

Last edited by Kelli; 02-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Kelli,

You didn't come off as anything other than someone VERY excited to find information that CLICKED with them! You daughter probably means that when you are 'talking' to someone and you write in all caps that is considered yelling...or really pushing the point too.

You got excited...caps worked! I get excited when I find things from God like that. He's so cool!

Have a good evening!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just had a computer freeze after trying to post a long one....lost it! dang...

all in my prayers ....see you tomorrow
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!
Ronni62:'after 16 years of wondering what's wrong, I finally have a diagnosis and don't have to wonder if it's something worse.'....I hear you on that one!I spent about 10years on and off 35 different medications, so many diagnoses (from MS to mini strokes to final diagnosis of Lupus AND Hashimoto's disease). God knows what he wants for you..and he believes you can handle this! You are an amazing person; I've been there and can understand how you feel! Keep prayer in your life!

Thanks again everyone...i love reading the daily prayers and all the positiveness in this thread! God bless you all!
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #42  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Thanks to you all for the prayers. I know that God's already worked a great healing power in me 16 years ago when this disease started, because, as I learned later, with the way it initially began, I could have ended up paralyzed or dead. I have so praised God that I have been able to live and have a 2nd child and do so many of the things I had planned on doing with them!

Bargoo-yep, I too believe God has a great sense of humor. I mean, just look at the platypus! He must have made them out of all the leftover parts from the other animals, kinda like Jesus took all the leftover parts of our sinful, broken hearts and spirits to the cross with Him and made us into new beings.

Donna-the names will come easier with time! Just keep visiting

Crissy-prayers for your DH. And, yes, yellow would be good, kinda like daffodils!

Bev-your openness and prayers are very humbling. Prayers continuing for your mom, brother, and your tests this week

Kelli-good insight on those verses. There should be nothing we allow to hinder God's blessings to us, but so many things get in our path-money, people, food, things. We need to keep our focus on what God has set for us.

Counting-glad to know I wasn't the only one dreading those gym classes! It's too bad we didn't know at the time that there were probably lots of others with the same feelings.

Gary-don't you just hate when that happens?! Makes you just want to and then or your computer! Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase "boot up the computer" doesn't it

Callie-thanks! keep coming back and posting. We all want to get to know you better!

Sunny-thanks for the congrats! Still a long way to go but the support here helps so much. I have good friends in the Canton area so am a little familiar with NE OH. I went to college at the opposite end of OH (Cincy), so met them there and used to visit frequently. Very pretty and lots of Amish restaurants

Hi to Rosebud, Wilma, Kathy, Buttercup and everyone else! Hope you all have a great day! DS3 has PT later, so we get to go to town for a bit, then back to normal schooling, schooling, schooling. God bless you all.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #43  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday CER's!
Boy-O-Boy is it ever cold here in NE, Ohio today! Clear skies and 1* this morning... we got another 8" of snow yesterday and so far well over 2 ft. out there! Absolutely beautiful with the sun shining today!!! I'll try to get some pics of it to post later. I was out filling my bird feeders this morning and could hear the bird songs all around me ~ what an Awesome sound! We have so many birds, Cardinals, Bluejays, Nuthatch's, Titmice, Chickadee's, Gold and House Finches, Sparrows, Wood Peckers and oh yes... the black and brown squirrel's! Lets just say that we have a very active front yard during the winter months

I took some time yesterday to check out every-ones -Public Profile's- in hopes to get to know you all a bit more. What beautiful people you all are!!! I really enjoyed seeing what you all look like (for those who posted pics) and placing a face with the names.

***A Warm Welcome to you, Buttercup! We too are looking forward to your visits and getting to know you! I pray your day is going well!

***Hi, Ronni! You must have posted while I was still writing my post on Wed morning... never saw it till now I'm trying hard to keep up I just read that you have been diagnosed with MS, my new friend... I will surely keep you in my prayers as you go from day to day with this. My Dear SIL had it from the age of 20 till she passed at the age of 56... what a woman of faith, we learned much from Josette!!! God is surely with you, and He will carry you when you have those days of weakness. I don't know much of your Ryan and his family, but God does, so I will be honored to lift he & his family up in prayer!

Cool! So you know about NE, Ohio and all of the Lake effect snow we get We sure got hit yesterday!!! Yuppers... Joe & I (along with our best buds) enjoy the Amish restaurants for sure!!!

***Hi, Counting! I Thank You so much for the "well-wishes" My ankle is so much better today and I even got in a 2 mile walk yesterday... - Slow - but I got it in! I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers as you begin a crazy work schedule!

***Hi, Wilma! You're so very welcome!!! You have done an awesome job keeping your wt. off! You have my continued prayers as you go from day to day in keeping it off. I tried to catch up in reading the back posts, but have so much going on here at home and kept getting interrupted, so I'm afraid I have failed. I'm so glad you took a moment to catch me up! Happy that all is well with hubby and family and that DS#2 has come thru the worst of things. I will keep your hubby in my prayers for his safety as he drives thru the week for sure. I have another forum friend whose hubby does the same... gone all week (sales) and home on weekends. And you know that I will keep you and your son's in my continued prayers daily. Did I mention how nice it is to see you again?!

***Hi, O2Bthin/Kathy! I too was not able to have children, so I can identify with you somewhat. I'm so glad you now know and realize your importance as *Mom* to those boys!!! They are so blessed!!! We have never adopted, God lead us in a different direction, but we have many children that we still help guide and keep in our prayers as they move thru this trying world we live in. When Mom and or Dad don't seem to understand them (in their eyes), they come running over to us... sucha blessed feeling to be needed and loved! You will be in my continued prayers!

***Hi, Kelli! *giggles* You're so very welcome, sugar... I'm so glad to see you made it over, okay. And I'd be happy to include you in my prayers as you fight the battle of gossip. There's a saying that I try to go by (we all struggle with this topic), here goes... "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." Awesome post about the first sin... thanks!

***Hi, Gary! That happened to me on Wednesday too... I had to start all over again!!! From now on... I am writing to every one from my e-mail (as if I'm sending) and then doing a copy and paste here. This way if I lose it here... I can copy and paste it all again from my e-mail. I'm looking forward to more pics!

***Hi, Bargoo! I just wanted you to know that I will be honored to keep you in my prayers also... just read that you have been told you have cancer. I'm so sorry, but you sure do have a wonderful Spirit - it shines thru!!! I know that you know our Lord is with you in your daily struggles... I can't imagine, but God knows all your needs and holds you close to His heart!!!

***Hi, Rayne! My goodness gracious... what a withness you are to so many!!! You have come thru so much and have found your way back to our Lord... bless your precious heart!!! I'm speechless... I will surely keep you in my prayers during mid-term this weekend! And for all of your loved ones... God Bless!

***Hi, Iwannalose! I'm with ya! I have a notebook in front of me right now... trying hard to catch up with everyone! God Bless!

***Hi, 3D! My mother has ulceritive colitis and I know of her struggles with it, so I can imagine what your DH is feeling... I'd be honored to keep your DH in my prayers! He is blessed to have an understanding wife! Thank you for the "Well-wishes", sug... I actually got in a 2 mile walk on my T-mill yesterday! I have the *Walk Away the Pound Video's* too... forgot I had them... they are buried Gonna go dig them out Thanks!!! God Bless!

***Hi, Callie! I just luv your avatar pic... you look like you really enjoy your life in spite of your trials! God Bless you, sugar!

Well... I think I've rattled on long enuf, it's time for me to go... my phone is ringing off the wall this morning and I've let it go long enuf Time to get some work done. I have some music to pick and send out for my hubby's choir practice tonight to start with. May our Lord continue to bring JOY, PEACE & BLESSINGS into your day!
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ronni, have you seen posts by pupleorc ? She is a 3fc member with MS she has a posting this morning in Living Maintenance.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #45  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Have been really busy lately; seem to have hurt my left foot somehow; was in such pain last night, had to take something to sleep. My muscles do act up a lot on me; I just have to be careful that's all. I'm grateful that it feels better today, and hopefully I will feel well enuff to go shopping tomorrow morning.

BARGOO & RONNI ~ our dear PURPLEORC posts almost daily in the PHYSICAL CHALLENGES Thread in the DIETING WITH OBSTACLES forum.

CALLIE ~ that's so interesting what you said. When I got sick a few years back, my doctors thought the same as yours. I had symptoms that were like MS, DIABETES, LUPUS, and early MENOPAUSE. My doctors (3) differed in their opinions: one thought MINI-STROKES, one thought PERI-MENOPAUSE & flu & infection, and one thought Diabetes & ANXIETY??? I read up on MS as I had the numby, tingly hands and feet (still have that in my arms and feet sometimes), achey muscles, prickly nerve jabs, my eyesight deteriorated drastically overnight, extreme fatigue, memory & clarity problems, trouble concentrating, plus cold hands & feet that alternated with feeling so hot it was almost suffocating at times, and so forth ...

ANYWAYS, my regular physician just said "I don't know what's wrong", and left it at 'Anxiety'. I told him 'Of course, I have anxiety ... I have anxiety becuz I wanna know what's wrong with me.' They never bothered to send me to specialists or anything. Now, my sister is having some similar symptoms and they sent her to a neurologist right away. I did have a CAT SCAN becuz they were really worried about the MINI-STROKES thing, but they said they couldn't find anything, so what can you do? So I sent out requests to prayer groups for prayer and I am feeling much better now. I still get the odd symptom here and there, but I really feel the Lord has healed me of the worst of it. If anything comes up, I just start praying again.

After listening to RONNI and you and PURPLEORC and many others, I see that it's a real guessing game sometimes to get a diagnosis when we are ill. A friend of mine recently told me she heard on the news that there is a flu going around that mimics MS symptoms; oh boy, that's all we need! Nice to have you here with us ...

HI WILMA ~ yes, I am keeping warm, and honestly, I'm turning into a bear; been hybernating again. The winds have been frosty along with the temps, until today, that is.

BBS ... have to go check dinner! OK ... I'm back now; decided to go ahead and eat dinner and come back after. We had milder temps and sunshine today; we have been very blessed this winter. I forget who it was, but somebody asked me how we stay so positive when the weather is so harsh here. The truth is that we are just used to it. We have lived this way all our lives; even when we lived down south, we lived in a snow belt (an area that gets lots of snow). I really don't think it's that bad, except that my body doesn't like the extreme cold temps anymore, so I stay indoors more now.

We've been keepin' busy sorting boxes, but we discovered a big water leak right after we got started and DH wasn't a happy camper. We still haven't been able to find the source, but we are gonna watch our drain pipe the next time I do a wash to make sure it isn't overflowing on us.

Well, that's all the news from here for now. HI to Everyone, and all our MIA's out there too. Hope everyone is feeling better today as well. We've all been so blessed with so many positive answers to prayer, haven't we?

ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are continually going up for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-05-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote