Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thanks, Gary for your kind words. I am a little nervous today. In the Presbyterian Church , Elders are ordained. Today is the day that will be happening. Actually I expect it to be a wonderful experience, but I am nervous just the same.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone
I've been reading over yesterdays posts. I'm rather new here so don't know everyones name or even if I'll be able to keep up with them.
But reading and praying as I read.
Kelli, I do want to thank you for that post. Wow!! that's good.
I've been doing a bible study by Jennifer Rothschild-she is blind and it is about walking in the dark, learning to have faith in Christ. Talks alot about how we cant' depend on our feelings but we must learn to trust Him in our situation. I love the scripture (and God is trying to teach me this) in Psalms-"Trust in the Lord with all thy might, lean not unto thine own understand, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path." I've always been a "feeling" type person. But as I said God is teaching me.

I have a prayer request, if its ok. My dh goes for a endo and colonoscopy tomorrow. He has been having problems for awhile now, even at one point thought it was his heart but that has been totaly ruled out, thank You, Lord!!
He's been having some panic attacks also with this and is anxious about the tests. He does the whole cleaning out thing, starting today.
So, if you would please say a prayer for him, that he will make it thru the next two days, that he would be calm and that they will either find out what is wrong or that he will be healed.

I wont get to church today cause i have to work.

Blessings
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh 2 be me, I will be praying about your husband's test tomorrow. I know those tests can cause anxiety and will be praying for calm and peace for your husband and that the tests will show mnothing serious.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #139  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma - I had to relearn to love veggies too. I went MONTHS without eating a veggie before I began this journey to better health and fitness. Vegetables can be bland on their own. I have purchased a lot of seasoning and spice blends that I can add quickly to my vegetable dishes. I like vegetable blends better than individual vegetables too.
Surprisingly, I eat at least 50% of my vegetables in the raw state. I love crunchy foods, and raw fruits and vegetables fit that category. I can munch on a bowl of broccoli slaw while surfing 3FC. It also satisfies that "hand to mouth" craving I seem to get sometimes.

I am an odd duck

Bargoo - congrats on the elder ordination service today. I'm betting it was a meaningful, Spirit-filled day

Patty - prayers continuing for your husband!

A good morning here - the church service and media presentation went well. We had an "issue" with the pastor and one of the staff members this week. I spent some time talking with the pastor regarding strategies to resolve the situation. Sometimes being lay leader in a church isn't much fun
But, I think we are on the road to making things better. Nipping these issues when they arise - before they fester and escalate is my strategy. They NEVER go away on their own.

I hope everyone has a blessed and fun day!
Prayers ascending
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #140  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Blessed Sunday Afternoon to you all,
Was just checking the recent posts:
Gary I hear you have a Mustang you are working on, what a wonderful car. I had a red 1995, but after my knee surgery to was a bit to low so I passed it on to my daughter. Sure do miss it, but I don't miss the few speeding tickets I use to get with it. LOL

Wilma, I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies as well, so I have committed to try and if I miss so serving, well there is always reduced sodium V-8. LOL. I noticed that you said that you are trying to stay away from a lot of sodium, I have a suggestion. Costco Wholesale has a Organic No-Seasoning that is really good and it does not cost alot either. Try it, I think you will like it.

Congrats to all who just made it thru the day with whatever accomplishments you made. Remeber this, whatever it is you want, in Jesus name, God says after having done all to Stand, then "STAND". We must stand on God's Word. Enjoy the rest of your day and continue to be BLESSED.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #141  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie and I had a nice morning with church, shopping at World Market for drapes for her new guest room (knucklehead nephew's old room) She will start painting it tomorrow since she is off this week for President's week.

We took the dogs out for 3 miles after we got home. Won't be able to walk them tomorrow...looks like a ton of rain.

Watching Daytona right now, pulling for Mark Martin and Denny Hamlin. Between delays and a caution it is taking a long time. Glad we went for our walk early.

AGGIE ~ I used to have a Mustang. My first car, a '67 that I got in '69....Bev is helping her friend with one.

SCOOTER ~ Sorry to hear of the pastor/staff member issue. Those things are tough. For the size of our church the Pastor issues are rare if ever. He is an amazing man, and after about 45 years of Pastoring at our church he has earned our respect. Not saying people don't disagree from time to time but that is rare too. And it doesn't matter...he always wins...oh...he is a lawyer too!

BARGOO ~ I hope all went well today at church.

OH 2 BE ME ~Prayers for your husband. Stick around and you will catch on.

WILMA ~ Love the new attitude!

BEV ~Angie is making chicken noodle soup tomorrow. Supposed to be a lot of rain here so it should go down real well.

Well back to the race....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone! Long time no post! I'm trying to catch up on all the posts to see how you all are doing.

Bev - It sounds like things are going well with your new guy friend. Have you met him personally or do you just communicate via email? I wish you all the best.

Bargoo - Congratulation on your ordination today. God bless you as you serve Him in this capacity.

Oh 2 B Me - Welcom to you! Your DH is in our prayers and for his tests he has tomorrow. Praying that God will give your DH the strength he needs to face these tests and to you for the strength to help your husband with his fears.

Gary - You just amaze me with all the walking you do. I love hearing how you and Angie do everything together. My DH and I are like that too. I don't like be away from him for any length of time. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was 36 until God brought him my way so I want to have all the time with him I can. He is a great husband and such a big help with the kids and the work around the house.

It was cool here today but the sun was beautiful. I was hoping to get out to walk, but I have vertigo for the 2nd time this past week. With being so dizzy and lightheaded I knew it would hard to walk. Hopefully I'm feeling better in the morning and I can get on the treadmill.

I do have a prayer request. My husband has lost his job again. He just started working in the IT department at a local hospital and they had to cut the budget so they cut his job since he was a flex employee. He had been back to work only 3 months from already being layed off for 18 months. The lady he works with through the Interium Staffing Dept at the hospital said they would find something else for him. It is discouraging, but God took care of us before and I know He will do it again.

Have a great week and God bless each of you.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #143  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kathy - prayers ascending for DH's job situation! God WILL provide! I know this is a stressful time (I remember when DH was laid off from the hospital), so remember that comfort is not located in the kitchen cabinet or refrigerator. Learn from my mistakes
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #144  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Gary and Bev,
I hope that I got that right, I got excited when I heard you all where at the World Market today. I work at Costco Whoesale and there is a World Market right next door and before I noticed you were in California, I thought I had found some folks right here by me in Hampton, Va. Silly me, I guess I should know that there are other World Markets in the world. LOL LOL Well it was a nice thought of having friends right here while it lasted. Gary, do you miss that Mustang? Bev, aree you having fun working on one? Enjoy your evening and be BLESSED.

Aggie

Oh to Be Me,
I am praying for you and your husband, everything will be fine, God only wants the best for his children, you can count on that.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #145  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AGGIE ~ BEV aka RAYNE has a friend that has the mustang that they work on. I did own a Mustang and we threw that back and forth a bit...part of the confusion you just meeting us. I am married to ANGIE...we went to World Market today. We have been to Va. though! A few years ago on a family vacation there and Wash. DC

You will get us all figured out soon!

Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Bargoo - Congratulations!!!! You will see some changes in your life and spirit that you weren't expecting! It's a good thing!!!! Just stay in prayer.

Gary - I see you took care of the mis-understanding. I was afraid I would offend, but you did it well!
Angie is making chicken noodle soup? YUM!

Kathy - Thank you! Only e-mail so far. Not even the phone...He is perfect for me...everything down to the LITTLE things!
AND I will be praying for your husband! Remeber that God already knew this was going to happen, so He HE already has a plan!

Aggie - I do enjoy working on the mustang. its a 66. my friend from high school has done body work on cars for years and now paints airplanes for a living. his wife thinks its a good thing for me to be down at the shop working with him. that way, he isn't alone. its FUN!

I no longer have a tutor for statistics...i need one! she just got to the place where she knew no more. great!
i think i ate something that isn't a good thing. my stomach is messed up. of course, that hasn't stopped the chocolate/sugar craving. very weird.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #147  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ we've been a bit busy here lately. We've had sunshine almost daily, but the temps have dropped way down -20C; and -30C with the windchill factor, but this made it safer for the lake events for our Winter Interlude. We have a lot of ice out there, so I haven't been able to walk as much as I wanted to; just up and down the laneway, as the northern winds have been cold too.

HI WILMA ~ yes, we are looking forward to spring for sure; my body just doesn't like the cold temps anymore. Good for you learning to eat more veggies & fruit; I have been trying new ones on Dh and myself, so our veggie repertoire is ever increasing.

PATTY ~ sending prayers up for your DH for the tests and the prep for them.

LAURIE ~ I talked to NUMPSTER yesterday; she has been a bit sick lately. Her employer is thinking of starting a pilot project where some workers can work part-time from home and at work 3-1 days per week; she is applying for this new option and hopes to land one of the trial positions because of her health issues. Like many people in our family, she has a serious intestinal disorder (with chronic diarrhea daily), so she can't eat until she comes home at night (around 7 pm); plus they still haven't found out what the other problems were cause by and that has left her quite anxious. One of their daughters is getting married in April and she is staying back at home until the wedding, which they are helping her with as well. She still manages to get those long 10-hour days in but she had a 4-day weekend this week and was so grateful for the time to get some much-needed rest.

BARGOO ~ congratulations on your ordination as an elder today!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE, and to all our MIA's ~ hope you all had a lovely weekend. Take good care ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^going up for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #148  
Quit counting at 45!

Another day is finished and I did really well again.
We had dinner at church after the service. We have quite a number of Latinos attending our church and they served us enchiladas. Very tasty. I did have a small piece of cake too. Then tonight I made Tortellini soup. Again, very good. I think my main problem with eating the wrong things is boredom with my cooking. It's easy to just do the same old thing and that's not always the healthiest. I am now trying to make new recipes that have a lot of veggies in them or are lean and healthy. Hopefully it'll start showing on the scale.

Rosebud: Tell Numpster we're praying for her. Hopefully the job will be hers. Sounds ideal!

O 2 Be Me: I will be keeping your husband and you in my prayers.

Counting: I do that too. I am a fan of Mrs. Dash and use the seasonings on veggies a great deal. Another trick my SIL taught me is to sprinkle lemon or lime juice on the veggies. It gives it an entirely different taste.

Aggie: Next time I go to Costco I'm going to look for that. I hope they have it up here in Canada too.

Gary: Thanks! I was watching my weight slowly creep up and soon clothes were getting tighter. I just decided this wasn't what I wanted to happen and now hopefully I can turn it around. I still struggle with the exercise but as soon as the snow leaves I'll have no excuses.

Tomorrow is a day off for me and I am looking forward to it. Seeing as Gary hasn't shown up to do my vacuuming I'm going to have to do it myself tomorrow. DH will be coming home tomorrow and we're taking his parent's out for dinner for his mom's BD.

Have a good night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #149  

Default Hi There!

Karen- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! hOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!

Counting- Cool! you can do somuch w/ power point. We had a youth rally at church last night and they used it to do songs which was neat... we just use hymnals- NO HIGH TECH... just country bumpkins...

Wilma- Guess E.Z. is right- gotta come around more often... what course are ya taking... missed that whole thing... prayers it goes well. sounds like eating right is going well..

Kelli- Amen! It is sad that our society needs warnings abpout everything even common sense stuff...
Rayne- Momma Mia! was fun... we watched it this summer... sad she really wasn't surewho the daddy was... but a cute musical... enjoy!

E.Z.- Sorry about that... Grand nephew!! How is your other nephew doing? Kaylee- is doing great... she is getting so tall... and is amazing!! she is a joy... I will have to post pics, when I get back home to my computer have been up North due to funerals and all.

OH 2 Be me- Prayers for dh - that he recieves peace and healing and answers- nothing serious wrong...

Kathy- Prayers for you and dh that your soon feeling better- dizziness can effect everything... and for a great new position for him....

Bargoo- Congrats on ordination- serving Him should be first on our list of prioritys

Rosebud- Sounds like al going well with winter carnival!!

Wilma- Great job staying op! Enjoy day off and time w/ family.

My bil goes for an MRI today he has had issues with slowing loosing his sight since June of last year. He is loosing it peripherally in one eye and centrally in the other... There was aDr. that thought it was stress related w/ all that was going on in his family... (His mom has brain tumors as well as his dad bbeing so sick and passingnow and aunt ect ect.)But most have agreed that though the stress has increased the problem that there is another underlying cause.. The MRI today and the bloodwork which he had fri. are suppose to help confirm a final diagnosis, they now believe it is either lupus or MS and then start treatment... maybe his eyesight willreturn once treatment starts.
Gotta run, will keep ya posted...Prayers all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning.
Prayers are being said for all.
I'm a bit frustrated, just weighed and down only .5 lbs. ARgh!!!
I did a week of the first phase last week, I did eat soem cake over the weekend, tho.
I'm not exercising-yet. I was given two Walk away the Pounds dvds so I'm going to get started on those. I have to go slowly cuase of my back issues and fibromyalgia. I've also beenhaving a problem with my left shoulde-think it may be my rotar (sp?) cuff. So, I'm having to be careful with that.
I just feel like a big ole fluffy marshmallow, I have no muscle tone.
anyway, I'll quit my complaining.
Blessings
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote