Old 02-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #122  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Sue - good luck with that dinner - portion control sounds like your best strategy - double the salad and half everything else!!!

I like Amazon and half.com for used books too! And used workout DVDs

Karen

Gotta fly - church activities all morning, then the usual Saturday stuff. And, of course a 3FC 5K to walk
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #123  
Quit counting at 45!

Why is it when I decide to eat properly I don't? Last night ds and I had chinese. Deepfried and everything! It tasted great but this morning I feel sick. Lesson learned?? I sure hope so. I'm watching a fashion show on TV this a.m. and the clothes are so nice. Maybe that's the incentive I need.

Today I am studying and hopefully cleaning at some point too. I will be so glad when this course is over.

Hope everyone has a great day.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #124  

Hi All!

You know how I am fairly new at this posting thing, and I have read a few phrases I am not sure about such as: I am not so good at listing personals either...I feel better after reading what you wrote! thanks!
(from Bev) What is "personals"

Thank you Doitforme, Yeah, it's hard for me to remember that sometimes, I am glad for the reminder... Thank you.

Wilma, I have the same problem the more I try to be “good” the badder I am. I think I have come to the realization that It’s not a food issue it’s a head and heart problem. If there weren’t a consequence for my overeating I wouldn’t have difficulty in resisting it. It wouldn’t be forbidden. I realized it wasn't a physical addiction it was a heart addiction. I thought How many people do I know who are addicted to water?

I am rebellious. I don’t have a problem with praying to God for help finding my keys, yet somehow I always conveniently forget to pray for help in resisting the temptation to eat the last of my Mucho, Grande, Over Stuffed, Big, Fat, Burrito. Sometimes I get so mad at myself, sometimes I live as if I don’t have all this knowledge and wisdom at my fingertips?

The Bible talks about how we are attracted to the “forbidden fruit”
Romans 7:4-6 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

The desire for forbidden fruit is our real problem. I read a story in my little daily devotional, “Our Daily Bread.” The title was forbidden fruit. It was about a resort hotel in Texas, they had a sign in each room saying “No fishing off the balcony.” Yet every day the hotel guests would throw their line into the water. When the management decided to just give up and remove the signs, the fishing stopped. We are a defiant people and need to have a heart transformation, if we are ever going to be successful at losing weight, and the only way to have a heart or thought transformation is through the power of the most High God.

But,It’s nice to know though we are in good company, read what Paul wrote…
Romans7:14-25 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

I tend to think of Paul as “Saint Paul”, but he was a sinner saved by grace just like you and me. He goes through his list of sins in frustration with himself, then just as it seems he will be lost to hopelessness of ever recovering he ask in the last part of verse 24, Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Ah then he remembers, I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

This passage is such a wonderful glimpse into Paul’s mind, and an illustration of the way our minds wander. He says oh wrenched man that I am who will save me he starts to lose it, then you can see the moment he captures his thoughts, in verse twenty-five. This passage is a great example of how you capture your thoughts. I have to capture my thoughts! The battle is in my thoughts or mind. God started showing me that I have to start thinking positively about His power, and how it will feel to be thin. The cool thing is you have already achieved that weight loss so it will be easy for you to visualize... I have a hard time seeing myself as thin. I kept telling myself I didn't have a good imagination, then God Showed me that It is so easy for me to imagine overeating... I think about how it will taste, what it will feel like while I am swallowing it, how it will look... I use everyone of my senses, and I have such a great imagination that my mouth starts to water... He showed me I have to use all my senses to imagine being thin instead.

II Corinthians 10: 3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

God never expects us to go this on our own... The Bible never talks about will power... Only His power... What is hard for us is breaking through that emotional barrier the Devil puts up... We don't want the help... We want the Mucho, Grande, Over Stuffed, Big, Fat, Burrito. Sometimes I have to ask God for help in Asking Him for help!

WOW!!... Got off on another tangent... Geesh (love that word Geesh) I need to remember were not in church I will just finish and say, God bless to all...

Love you all
Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #125  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Just hanging around the house this morning. I have been in and out of 3FC since before 5am...waiting on that paper that finally came. I had a couple of ham and cheese quesadillas for breakfast.

I vacuumed the house and started laundry while Angie did some yoga and went to bell choir practice. We will do the 5K later as the rain is clearing and the sun is coming out. We are expected to be blasted with rain tomorrow and Monday. It did rain most of the week but we sure need it here.

Still working close to home, boss says we may...just may catch up in a few weeks and I can get a short time off. He isn't sure. I could use a few days to take care of doctor appt. and such. I want to hire a guy or two for the project I am so but he would rather I lay a guy off....not going to do that unless he "forces" me. He usually allows me to hire and fire/lay-off as needed on each project unless $$$ is slow coming in (like now) and we need to ease the payroll back.

gotta send this....
Old 02-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #126  

Kelli - personals are posting a response to each member (or most members) on the forum personally. Some folk feel guilty if they can't do this.

Personals aren't needed at all. Sometimes I do them, sometimes I don't. Most times it depends upon how much time I have to post.

Like now - just a quick post - not a specific reply to Wilma, and Gary who have posted since my last post.

Blessings to all!

Last edited by CountingDown; 02-14-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #127  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sorry to run out like that. I got a phone call from an old friend then Angie came home and we went to the produce market and Staples.

We did the 3FC 5K under a sunny sky and a cool breeze. Angie had her hip pop out so we took it easy (she has had issues the last few weeks with it), planned on going brisk but all ended up well, hip popped back into place and we had a great hour together with the dogs

We decided to stay in tonight and picked up chicken cordon bleu at the produce market for tonight and some fresh salmon for tomorrow or Monday.

Angie had a fun time with the movie and dinner last night. The girls went for Mexican food and saw "He's Not That Into You"...they liked it.

My daughter texted me to say she had finished her 10 mile run, she is training for a marathon. Her I.T. band is really hurting her right now, she has had issues with it.

Looks like we will go to church tomorrow in the rain, getting a ton of it the last two weeks but we need it...a lot of rain expected tomorrow afternoon and Monday.

All is well in my boring life

I will post up some personals

Gary
Old 02-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

I Got An E-mail Today With A Video Link Of Him Playing Guitar!!!!!! This is the one that my friend, Susie found for me. He video taped himself playing guitar and e-mailed it to me with a "happy valentine's" message. VERY SWEET!!!!!!

Sue - that is so cool about the car work with your dad! what a great experience!!!

I don't have a lot to say...still just STOKED!

Mom is here and we are about to watch Mama Mia.

Oh...great morning service at the shelter! GOD is AWESOME!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #129  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SCOOTER ~ Thanks for being there It is so cool to have friends around here that really know you and care. I hope the 5K was fun for you and you can do the next one outside. Sounds like a busy week with work and church. I had to back off from church responsibilities a few years ago...just too much. With bible studies, working out of town and board of directors for so long it got tough. Angie and I are thinking about getting an activity group going again for social activities for adults. Seems like when we took a break a few years back so did everyone else. Angie had a great time with the girls. I can't thank God enough for my girls....wife, daughter, step-daughter, dil, sister, ex-wife, sil's, nieces. And my guys....son, sil, nephews, brothers, bil's....we are blessed as a family. The end of this month will mark the second anniversary tribute to my mom held here at my house....the girls were already talking about it last night I guess...they want the Grammi Judi's chili I make and Angie's chicken tortilla soup too....they were already planning the shuffleboard trophy....we never stop....gotta go-go-go OH and the gazebo....didn't build it, it was one bought from Costco...will think of a new plan...my wife has already started! She loves to try new things, restore and make things....paint things....build things....move things....change things...which is fine...as long as she doesn't change me

KELLI ~ It is so nice to see you back here Yep, my computer has a tendency to freeze up from time to time...seems like always on a long post! I am glad that your bible study is continuing to work for you and your dieting! I get "THE DAILY BREAD" too...love it.

WILMA ~ Sorry about the Chinese...I am learning how to eat all types of food making better choices...with Chinese it is less fried and more veggie! I hope the study went well today....need me to vacuum? I am good at it

AUNT SUE ~Prayers for all the struggle in bil's family Have a great time at nephews 50's thing! I wish I had a grandbaby!! I have a grand nephew....you need to stick around here more How is our niece doing?

BEV ~Man my bil would love to work on that car...he restores them for a living...can't remember if I mentioned that on the last Mustang chat. Prayers for dennis and your mom as they go through the next phase of this struggle. I hope the boys are nice to you this Valentines Day

RONNI ~ SEE SCOOTER ABOVE! I am so blessed to have you as my friend around here! Great news on MIL and all the help!

ROSEBUD ~SEE RONNI AND SCOOTER ABOVE! I am nothing w/o you gals here to support me!

HI COURTNEY ~ CRISSY ~ DONNA (S) ~ KAREN ~ AGGIE ~ SHY and all the rest!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I was typing while you posted BEV....cool....way cool!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #131  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Thanks to all of you for your kind words of encouragement. I am so excited. I am praying for all of you. I have not learned everyone's name and am I sure of all of the situations, but I am so happy the surgery went well, glad about your Mom's income tax check, and to everyone else that, I pray that you get your tall, handsome man, that all prayers are answered for everyone. Have a blessed night.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #132  

Gary - back! Glad Angie's hip is back in place. It would definitely interfere with her yoga. Is it Gramma Judy's chili time already? Wow, how time flies! Let Angie do what she wants with the yard - she has good taste and will come up with something wonderful. Of course, it will mean work for you

Bev So glad you had a good day! Prayers continuing

Aggie - don't worry about figuring out who all of us are - it will come with time. I still get confused sometimes. So many new folk - which - I MUST say - is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!

Good day here - got all my chores done, and put together beautiful PowerPoints for the services tomorrow (if I do say so myself). I'm the only one who designs their own backgrounds - overkill, but it is a ministry unto itself - and I enjoy it.

Prayers continuing for all! Blessings! Enjoy your Sabbath day tomorrow!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Gary - NOW that is cool! Kinda like confirmation! And i know there are men everywhere that would love to work on that car. I'm having a blast!

Laurie - Thank you!

Mom just left...i made chicken dumplin soup...probably very un healthy, but mom loved it! I got to show her the video and she was quite impressed!

Aggie - thanks for the prayers and remembering.

For all of those that are overwhelmed about the names...I have the same issue!

Be blessed!!!!

Last edited by Rayne; 02-14-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #134  
Quit counting at 45!

I have officially made it through a whole day eating healthy. I made a curried chicken and squash dish with fresh broccoli for dinner. YUM! I try not to eat in the evenings so I kept quilting till the cravings went away. Now I just have to implement exercise into my day.

I spent the morning studying and then went grocery shopping. Gary, there's still vacuuming to do!! Tomorrow its church and maybe fabric shopping for a baby quilt.

Kelli: Thank you for your words. I agree with you. I love the taste of foods and the desire for the taste overcomes the health issues that come from eating foods that are bad for me. I have gained a bit of my weight back and that is what is scaring me right now. I loved how I felt 15 lbs ago and am not loving what I see now. I do know how good it feels to be thin and believe me it feels good. I think it's just like you said though that our carnal desires take over what we should be doing. I love the verses in Hebrew 4 that says that Jesus was tempted in every way that we are yet was without sin. We can approach His throne of grace with confidence to find mercy. That gives me strength.

I am relearning how good fruits and veggies do taste. I spent some time today looking for recipes that appealed to me that were lower in salt content. I found some that I am going to try. I have also decided that if I need a snack it has to be fruit or veggies. If I don't feel like having those I can't be all that hungry.

Time for me to get ready to turn in for the night. Good night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #135  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OOPS!

In re-reading my post from yesterday I see I forgot my friend BARGOO!

I jot down little notes on a notebook page sometimes for prayer requests and what I want to post individually to each of you about when I have time. Saves me from scrolling back if I have waited too long...

Well I went to toss that note piece in the trash and there she was...the last one on the back....sorry...

So I gotta bring my dear friend BARGOO back to the top and thank her for all the support she gives me through these threads....one of my best threadkiller buddies. I am so happy her health is holding and the Lord is guiding her in her efforts at her church.

Well, I will check in after church gals

Have a great day!