Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am so far behind....I am working a lot of overtime right now and Angie just got home today from 3 days in Las Vegas...if I don't work both days this week-end I will catch up! Prayers!

So happy to see "active" new faces!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Laurie, thanks for the encouragement. I'm concerned about statistics. I have my book open, but can't seem to force myself to read yet. i will here in a minute.

PRAYERS NEEDED! My brother called me tonight about a homeless guy he's been working with at a temp/day laborer place and wanted me to help get together some clothes for the guy. so, we did...tons. neighbors helped too. so, i met him about an hour ago and gave him 2 bags. mom just called and dennis just got pulled over. she doesn't know for what. i just tried calling him and didn't get him. i know he didn't smell like beer when i saw him, so i PRAY its not drinking! he's been doing good, trying to help people and going to church. please pray for him!!!!

i'll let you know what happens as soon as i do.

bev
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 AM   #108  

AAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

My brother got a dui tonight. Please pray for him. He needs GOD so strongly in his life. We are not getting him out. He needs to be safe and protected. God has to keep him safe. Keep his mind safe. Please.

mom needs prayer too. she's so tired. all of this has worn on her. she gets to retire in june.

i'm i don't know...done. worried. trying to keep my focus on the fact that God is EVERYTHING, I praise Him! God is worthy.

bev
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #109  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Hey to everyone! I'm gonna try to catch up.

Isaiah- WELCOME! So sorry for your losses. I pray for peace of your heart and mind.

Bev-Prayers for your friend. I hope you enjoyed your time with the little one. Prayers for your mother and brother. Prayers for you and all you do. You take on alot for others. I'm very happy to know you.

Nita Ann- Hope the rain is allready there!!

Redraine and Heather- WELCOME! Wonderful group of people here!!

Gary- I'll be praying for a stress free weekend!

Everyone have a wonderful day!! It's my DS2's 11th birthday. I get to decorate cupcakes today!! Glad to have something to do indoors. We're getting a good artic blast this week. It's KY though so we may be in the 50's next week. LOL!!
Prayers for everyone and their needs this week. Thanks for being the kind people that you are.
Crissy
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #110  

thank you crissy. you brought tears to my eyes.
i LOVE cupcakes!!!! (focus, bev...no cupcakes)

i found a program that may be what dennis needs and if the judge is willing, they can be done instead of prison. its a christian ministry canaanland that helps men with substance abuse problems. pray for favor and that GOD has HIS way.

i haven't slept...maybe 2 hours and it wasn't solid. just bordering on consciousness. i'm beat.

i love you all! may God fill your every need and quench your thirst!

bev
Old 01-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #111  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEV ~ am sending up prayers that your brother gets into that Christian program ... thank you, LORD!

We have one here called TEEN CHALLENGE, but men up to 30-39, can now use it too. It is for those with drug and alcohol addictions; and it has a very high success rate: much higher than conventional programs. They keep them chaperoned 24/7, and that goes for smoking too: no substances are allowed. They are often farm or ranch-type settings, so they are far away from bad influences and they stay there until they have beat those problems (usually a year, but up to two if need be).

While they are there, they learn Christian values and coping techniques, plus macro-farming (like gardening and looking after animals); and work on their education (taking high school courses) and other trades as well. I just wish we had programs like this that don't have any age limits on them; as they are so successful and may help anyone who really wants to get better.

HI GARY ~ hope you have a restful weekend.

HI CHRISSY ~ stand tall on the cupcake issue; that's better than a whole cake though. Happy birthday to your DS too!

COUNTING ~ yes, I would love it if the weather was better to go walking outside (ski-walking); but right now it is so cold that your skin freezes (-30's plus windchill factor), so we are picking the warmer days and I am trying to do stuff inside as well. When we were kids, we had a gym in our school that had a track all around the outside of it; and all students had to take gym (it was manditory), and had to walk or jog the track at least once a day. I thought that was great; we didn't have any obese kids in our school ... hmmm ... think that's what we need now, eh?

HI TO ALL OUR MIA's ~ hope you are all having a great day! Take good care, YFE ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ going up for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-14-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #112  

Thank you Rosebud! That sounds like a great program! I hope this works out. Of course, he knows nothing about it yet. No one has talked to him, that I know of. Mom is calling a pastor friend that was an alcoholic and is hopeful that he can talk to him.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #113  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - it's GREAT having so many folk, isn't it Glad you popped in and that you are WORKING! Tell Angie welcome home (from us).

Bev - prayers ascending!

Crissy - to your son!

Rosebud - we have Teen Challenge here too in MI. My boss's son went through it - it is AMAZING!

A good day here. I got "My Fitness Coach" for the wii - something to mix it up a bit. You go through a fitness test, take a bunch of measurements, then you get a computer animated "coach" that takes you through a workout. It varies each day, and you can choose the intensity of your workout, and the type (the coach recommended upper body workouts for me given my results - which is completely in line with what I need most).

I'm gonna add it to my arsenal of exercise strategies and use it 3 days a week for 30 minutes for the next month.

Prayers continuing for everyone!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

I just got home from choir practice and don't have much time to write.

Bev - I'm sorry to hear about your brother. We will keep him, you and your Mom in our prayers. "God is able to do above and beyond what we could ever ask or think." Keep encouraged in Him.

I was on the treadmill the last 2 days and my knee is feeling better. There is still a little soreness but I'm taking it easy.

You all take care and have a good night.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #115  

Kathy - you are RIGHT! One of my favorite scriptures! thank you for your constant encouragement!!! you are a light in the darkness! thank you!
Good job with the knee! You will get better.

be blessed everyone!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #116  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! It's been a busy couple of weeks for me. DH had surgery on his arm last week and is at home waiting for the incision to heal. He's so bored and can't do much with the arm. I took this week off and we've been out doing a few things. It's so bitterly cold here these days that I don't mind not having to go to work.

I've been doing pretty well with my eating despite the fact that I'm at home. Hardly any snacking!! I've started working on a quilt so maybe that's why I'm not snacking!!

Just wanted you to know that you are all in my prayers and I will try to post more often. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #117  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Just can't seem to keep up with everyone right now-DH and DS's are keeping me so busy. DH will be back at work next week so things will settle down a bit. No school at the public school today due to weather so both boys are home all day and they seem to think that there should be no homeschooling either! Right now I don't care-we'll just make it up another day, whether they like it or not.

Wilma-prayers for your DH's arm.

Bev-prayers for you, your brother, and your mom. I've been through the alcoholism in the family issues with both my dad and my in-laws, so I know what your going through. I can recommend Al-anon if you're interested. They really helped me get perspective on the issue.

Hi to Gary, Rosebud, Crissy, Counting, Bargoo, NitaAnn, and everyone else, too! Must go get stuff in the dryer as DH has routed the vent into the house to "recycle" the heat, so I need to go make it actually produce heat Today will be a strange calorie day if I can find counts on what I'm making for DH-traditional Polish duck soup-this will take some research later!

Have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #118  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone.

Things are calming down a bit here. The funeral was today and it was very emotional. The family is holding on though. I appreicate all of the prayers.

The weather here is awful. But really it is most places. It says the cold front should be gone by friday so im crossing my fingers we make it into the 20's at least.

Sunday im going to see Footloose with the boy and im so excited! I LOVE musicals and plays and i think if i had more free time i would see more.

Monday i found out that my full time job is closing. I do have a part time job but 15 hours a week cant quite pay the bills so tomorrow im going to get out there and get some resumes out. Im trying very hard not to stress about it but i have LOTS of medical bills. So this week i need to call the hospital and see if they can help any.

Happy Thursday!
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #119  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am finally back on plan as far as food and exercise. Keeping busy knitting. Loom knitting is great. One of these days I will get these darn needles to do what I want them to do lol. Hope everyone is doing well. I think of you all and keep you in my prayers.

Bev
Will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #120  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ Very frosty temps here; down to the -40's. Staying home to keep warm; lost some sleep last night as my leg was stinginga bit, but having faith it will heal in GOD's good time: thanks so much for all your prayers ... they are so appreciated!

HI to WILMA & SHY ~ So nice to see you ladies all popping in here; one doing quilting and one knitting to keep your hands busy. I need to find something to do as well. I gave away all my wool to charity; they make things to give to the poor or sell and all the proceeds buys food for our local food bank.

HI COURTNEY ~ prayers for your family at this time. Have fun at the play with that nice boy ... Prayers that you find another job right away!

RONNI ~ prayers that things return to normal for you again real soon! We did the same thing with our dryer: we put a stocking over the vent hole at the back to collect the lint, and I put my nearest fan on to draw out some of the air. The temps in here went up to 77F, and the furnace didn't come on for over 3 hours. Might as well get a DOUBLE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK, eh?

HI to LAURIE, BEV, KATHY, GARY, CRISSY, SUE, and everyone else.

^^PRAYERS^^ going up for everyone and all your concerns ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-15-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote