Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, praying for your family members.

Last edited by bargoo; 02-10-2009 at 10:41 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #242  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for your family ROSEBUD.

I have some work to do around here, I need to move some furniture out of knuckleheads' old bedroom, Angie wants to re-paint it maybe this week-end, then I will catch up.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #243  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Gary, glad you're back! I have some furniture to move also, so when can you fly out? Hope you're back home for a little while now. Now, go help Angie!

Kelli-I came from the opposite side of the eating issue in thinking that I was the worst of sinners, because I couldn't manage to control myself. Then, in a college Bible-study, a male friend shared something that had happened to him. One of his other friends (also a Christian) had said something nasty about how could a Christian let themselves be fat? My friend, in a wonderfully insightful moment, asked him back how he would feel if his sin was also plastered on his outer body for everyone else to see and comment on. I was so glad he had shared that, because it helped me see that there is no sin that's any worse than any other. It's all just sin and we're all in the same boat, but God gave us Jesus to save us from the consequences of it if we only accept His sacrifice. I'll check our your study-sounds interesting!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #244  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS SO MUCH to all of you Angels for your PRAYERS ~ These are scary times for people, with so much cancer and heart problems; and many other health issues, as we all advance in age ... your prayers are a great comfort!

RONNI ~ Thanks, I agree that my uncle's reports are wonderful; he has been working again and harder than he did before he got sick. He hasn't had any side effects, and as of this spring, it will be two years with good health, since they first noticed the spot on his lungs. He was very fortunate they caught it so early (stage-1), and that it was colon cancer cells, not lung cancer cells. We believe all of this was due to GOD's loving grace and healing power, through the prayers of good folks like you and many others, who care to take the time to pray for people you don't even know. I know my aunt is very, very grateful.

ALSO, THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS for our BIL and his wife; and for me too; they are very appreciated too!

^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours as well ...ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Rosebud - my prayers are there! Lord I just ask for Your healing power in their lives. Father, I ask that You grant peace, joy, provision and health even in situations that seem hopeless. For where You are, there is HOPE. I thank you that You are guarding their hearts and minds in Christ. In Jesus Name, AMEN! SO BE IT!

to all else...hi! i went to the dr...my friends have all been really worried when i told them i went to the dr, cause I DON'T go unless its scary. Got anti-biotics for the sinus infection and the dr actually laughed in shock when she looked up my nose. i guess its pretty swollen. i can breathe, tho! she was pretty astounded at the swollen glands too. glad i was able to make her smile today!

i've re-met someone that i am INTERESTED in and I appreciate your prayers on that. He is someone I grew up with...

My brother went to court, as most of you know. Mom found out today what happened with that. He is to serve 30 days for that 2nd dui...he will be out Feb 12. We still have the probation violation ahead of us...he is suppose to be at probation on the 3rd...i may call them and let them know he is in jail so they won't just put a warrant out for him not being there. pray for that too. Still hasn't had court on the 1st offense. I have faith that God is making Himself VERY real to Dennis while he is sitting there. I haven't seen him since Tuesday a week ago.

I guess that is all right now. I feel snotty! gross...
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #246  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kathy - congrats on the size 20s. That is AWESOME. I found that I had to lose a lot of weight to go down a size in the beginning. That is a really, really great accomplishment!

Rosebud - prayers ascending for your family - and for your leg as well!

Kelli - sound advice regarding emotional eating, for sure! Thanks for sharing your insights!

Ronni - you are wise to be careful about guessing your size in the future. I bought a few things ahead and then ended up changing my goal by 10 lbs, which ended up being 2 sizes smaller. Ebay is another place for some nice clothing too. If you do buy ahead, look for pieces that can either be taken in, or are somewhat size-flexible (a skirt with some elastic in the waistband for example). Sweaters and pullovers are a fairly safe bet, but pants are a whole 'nuther story.

Gary - welcome "home". We missed you!

Bev prayers ascending for your potential relationship

Prayers continuing for your brother, and for your NOSE!

I'm so thankful it is Friday, so much to get done this weekend.

I pray that you all have a blessed and balanced one! Stay strong, and have fun!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #247  

Laurie - you are too funny!!!! for the 'whoo hoo' guy!!!! let's just say...i'm interested.
and my nose thanks you too...since it is SORE now.

well, i don't have a lot to say...not thinking too well.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Bev - I'm so excited to hear how things are going with your new relationship. God will continue to guide you as your pursue this relationship. I'm so happy for you!!!

Kelli - I just got caught up reading all the post I missed. I appreciated your advice on emotional eating. I knew that it said about gluttony in the Bible, but I never connected how emotional eating was also mentioned, but not as straight forward as gluttony. Your reference to the Israelites and Esua. That was a lightbulb moment for me.

My prayers are with all of you who have family that are fighting cancer and other physical problems. We have a Great Physician who is our healer.

I have a prayer request. I told you all that we will have guardianship of our 3 foster boys on Feb. 23. At that point we were going to quit doing foster care and my husband still wants too. I have mixed feelings. The thing that bothers me is there is a 9 year old boy that we have had in our home at times for a respite. He is up for adoption. I don't know why, but from time to time he comes to my mind and usually at odd times. I have woke up in the middle of the night and thought about him. I was awake at 6:15 this morning with him on my mind. The family he is with right now don't always treat him the best and can't decide if they want to adopt him or not. He can be a stinker, but I feel if he really knew that he was loved and a part of a family that would help the behaviors he has. The behaviors aren't terrible, just annoying. I found out that he is constantly on the SWAN (State Wide Adoption Network) website in the hopes that someone will adopt him. That just breaks my heart.

My husband and I have talked some about this young boy, but have not made a decision. The problems that would come with taking him is that we would have to continue to do foster care for 6 months to a year and that would mean me quitting my job so someone could be home with him in the summer. They won't allow my 18 year old to watch him because he is not 21. We really need wisdom to know what to do. I want to do the right thing for us and this boy.

I also wonder if I want to do this because I just want to be called "MOM". My boys I have now call me Kathy because they have a mom who they visit with biweekly. What do we do?

Thanks for listening. I need to run. The kids have a visit with their Mom today and I want to get some lunch before we go.

Have a great Saturday!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #249  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

First of all I want to share something that has been bothering me all week long. Not having access to a computer to check in while away at work has not helped.

As last week ended I posted to one of our new friends here, BEV about supporting our new president. I won't go back to our posts I am sure you can find them if you wish. Anyway while away at work I got to thinking that I may have offended her or maybe some of you others with it.

I saw that BEV mentioned she may have been misunderstood and clarified it.

While away it dawned on me the reason BEV may have been upset....although she did not say so....SO I AM ONLY GUESSING HERE!....was about Obama's lifting the restrictions on US government funding that provides abortion services abroad.

I am very upset about that and I hope that anyone here would be....I hope that I did not offend anyone that may have thought I thought otherwise.

Am I making any sense here

Just wanted to get that burden off my "head"
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #250  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie is off to bell choir practice. When she gets back we are taking the dogs for a walk then off to Costco so she can get an ipod and I need to get a phone battery.

This afternoon we will go across the street to my brother's house. He is hosting our family monthly get together this month. We usually have around 25-30 people for those that our new here. He is having kielbasa I believe, Angie and I are bringing the sauerkraut. Next month Angie and I host it, it will be the 2nd annual Tribute to Grammi Judi (my mom) she passed away 1 year ago this past October. We waited until Feb last year to hold a memorial for her at my house so all could attend. I will cook "Grammi Judi's Chili" again...a family memory favorite

I was away all week at work but I am home I thought I would be working closer to home next week, 40 miles, but that job is on hold for me until maybe late next week...but I did start one 90 miles from home on Thursday, I should finish it next week. It is drivable so I get to come home for quite awhile I think...you never know...but the next "stay out of town job....which usually means over 125 miles or 100 with heavy traffic conditions...won't be for a few months. It will be in Beverly Hills....there is no getting out of that area after work for hours! So we will stay in an apartment there and work 4 -10 hour days probably. At least that is what the guys are doing that we have there now.

I was off yesterday other than meeting my bil at Home Depot to purchase some materials he needed for a hotle we have him working on. I spent most of the day removing furniture out of knucklehead's bedroom since it looks like the NAVY will keep him I re-textured the walls and removed the closet doors and shelving so Angie can paint whenever she wants.

It is a gorgeous day here The gauge outside says 70 and the sun is nice and warm....sorry to brag....will E-MAIL you all some

Angie and I went for Italian last night. I had a chicken dish with artichokes and capers in a wine sauce with creamy polenta...yummy. Too many beers though before and after

I got 5 miles in yesterday...3 with the mutts through the 'hood and 2 more on the treadmill. Need to eliminate a few pounds I have picked up with "not so good out of town eating".

Not too much else happening in my boring life.

I will catch up with all of you this week-end before the SUPER BOWL!

I promise!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #251  

Gary, you pretty much nailed my reasoning for not 'supporting' him as a candidate. He had said what he would do in that regard as well as others that are not in line with God. I do pray for him now, as we are commanded to by God.
So, thank you for what you said.

O2B - I think you know the answer. I will be praying for you and your husband that you will agree with the right thing to do. The Holy Spirit always tends to make His way clear...even when we try to shut Him out.
And thank you...not a relationship yet. Just some talking...you know. I'm not gonna poopoo it. I am interested and God is in control and if it isn't him...God has him! Something AMAZING is going to happen by the 15th...i feel that strongly for ALL of us! Hold onto God, be careful what you sow...you will reap it! So, be sure its sweet, cause you don't want to eat bitter, rotten fruit!!!

blessings,
bev
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #252  

O2B- I will pray for you and your situation. I will pray for you also about being called mom, I feel like God puts those desires in our hearts and wouldn't put it there without a reason. I believe you will be called mom, if not from this little guy then another. I know you said you were going to quit doing foster, but God can make a way. You know the one thing that all the the Old Testament patriarchs had in common was, they each had a promise from God that they had to wait for. Abraham was promised a child, Jacob was promised the first son’s birthright and blessing, Joseph was promised he would be the leader of his family, David was promised he would be king. But each of them didn’t get the promise fulfilled, until many years after they were first promised. I know God will show you His answer, before you need to know. I would also ask your husband what he feels God is telling him. Sometimes God gives a special anointing to the husband, as head of the household. Whatever his thoughts are, I think I would go with that. I know your heart goes out to this little one, but if God wants him to be your son, there is nothing, nothing that can stop it, but if he is not supposed to, there is nothing you can do to make it happen. Trust God, He will make a way and you will be called mom.

Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 PM   #253  

Dennis is really on my heart and mind right now. i would appreciate all prayers for him for favor, hope, peace, joy, comfort, salvation, submission to Christ only, plead the Blood of Jesus over him in Jesus name AMEN!

I have to call his probation officer on monday to tell him that he is in jail in another county and will not be at probation...avoid the arrest warrant. i'm scared. of course, i just saw shawshank redemption for the first time...probably isn't helping me right now!

thank you!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #254  

And Kathy - YOU ARE A MOM! You WILL be called that. Kelli was right! In Jesus name!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #255  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kathy - prayers for wisdom and guidance ascending!

Gary - break out that Coke Zero for the game today - your beer allotment for the weekend is dwindling

Your life doesn't sound boring at all - you are blessed to have so much family close by!

Sounds like you have some good balance in your life too - fun, work, play, worship, exercise - good for you!!!!

Bev - prayers continuing for Dennis!

A good day here in northern MI. The sun is shining and the temperature is finally above 20F We helped serve communion this morning, which is always a blessing!

Hoping to get in a short nap (the cats kept me up last night) before I get in some exercise and watch some of the game.

Hope you all have a great day, and have plenty of healthy snack available for this evenings festivities!

Blessings, and prayers continuing for everyone!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote