Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #61  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ we had a lovely day of sunshine today; colder temps but the sun soon warmed it up for us. We spent the day taking down all our indoor decos and our tree, and trying to find places to store them. Everything is a quest here as it's a new place and we have much less storage space, but we managed to get it all done ... yeah!

HEY EME ~ glad you found us over here; don't be too hard on yourself now. Take it one day at a time, and you'll be surprised what you can achieve. It's especially wise to take advantage of your youth, as it is much easier to lose weight when you are younger; we slow down as we age (at least, that has been my experience).

GARY ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGIE and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY as well! Hope you all have a great time this Saturday night!

Well, it seems that this thread has been pretty busy; I had a bit of trouble getting in here last night and today, as the server was too busy. Had to try several times, but finally made it in just after nine. So I am posting real quick before it gets too late, as my legs are a bit sore and I need to put them up for awhile.

I'm also glad to hear that everyone is doing well and feeling happy and enthused about joining us and your new journeys towards healthiness (gee, is there such a word?)

We had baked fish and chips with coleslaw and sliced cukes and tomatoes. I don't eat sugar hardly ever; and yes, I do use those nasty sweeteners for tea or coffee, but I do try to limit them. I have a diet soda maybe once every few days but drink bottled water mostly.

HI TO NITA ANN, RAYNE AKA BEV, RONNI, KATHY, CRISSY, BARGOO, AND LAURIE; plus all our other MIA's out there ... hope everyone is well!!!

^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ... your fellow encourager ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-08-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Hiya! My day was good. I had to take my brother to get an ID, since they took his license when he got arrested. He kept begging me for money for cigs and I knew God told me NO, so I just kept repeating myself. nonononononono. He finally left it alone. He's really trying hard and wants a job SO bad!!! He wants to do the right things and I can tell there is a difference in him.

I did yoga/pilates yesterday and tonight I did kickboxing. It looks so much better when OTHERS are doing it. I looked like a girl. But my abs are sore from the yoga yesterday. I'm pretty impressed by that! I don't know how I feel about yoga in the spiritual sense, but as long as I am just doing the poses and not praying...I guess its ok. I'll let God tell me different.

I have that power class tomorrow. The one with the weights! I can't wait! and SCHOOL starts monday. I'm a little (ok A LOT) nervous.

I helped a friend work on his 66 mustang tonight. We work on it once or twice a week. He likes that he can tell all the guys at work that a chick is helping him...then he really freaks the guys out when he tells them I'm a minister! I think it's funny. His wife doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to go down there. They try to bribe me with sweets, but I told them they can't do that now!

I'm weighing 164.4 now...Can't wait til i get a ticker on here.

Well, ya'll have a blessed Friday and don't forget HE is MIGHTY!!!

Bev aka Rayne
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Saw my oncologist yesterday , he has ordered a PET scan that will tell us if the medication is working, the hope is that the cancer will be stopped in it's tracks. I appreciate your continued prayers.
Some of you know I have been asked to become an elder in my church. Asked by the pastor himself! After much prayer and thought I decided I would. This had to go before the current elders who have approved it and now remains to be voted on by the congregation, this will take place on Jan 25.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #64  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Bargoo-you are always in my prayers! Will pray for good results from your PET scan. And, that God's will be done for your elder appointment. You have such wisdom and faith that I know you'd be a great elder for your church.

Rosebud-I've also spent the last couple days putting away the decos. I'm always sad to put them away, but then I start to think that now it's only 3 or 4 more months till warmer weather!

Bev-wow! yoga/pilates and kickboxing and weights! I feel like a slug! Not really, but I just hate exercising. Going to try to take a walk in a bit, but it's only 20 degrees, so I know I won't last long. You keep up the good work. The exercising will help with your stress over your schooling, you know

Hi to everyone else, too! Hope you're all having a nice day.

I'm going to ask for prayer for my DH. As some of you already know, he refuses to believe in Christ as his Savior. He believes that no one can be perfect enough and that there must be more to it than "just believing." He refuses to go to church anymore as there are people there who might be hypocritical and do things after church that are not Christian, you know, like speeding with a fish on the back of their car. He really believes that only perfect people should call themselves Christian and that he just can't be in church with people who say they're Christian but are not perfect. So, you can maybe see what our home life is like at times. None of us measure up to his standard and it's really been a challenge since he's been off from his surgery. I'm seriously considering divorce as I don't feel any of us should have to live like this, but I also know that God does not want me to divorce him. But, I'm about at the end of my rope. We've tried counseling in the past, but he has never been able to consider that he might be part of the problem. He believes he does not do anything wrong, as he tries to be perfect according to his standard and that's the only standard that counts.

Just please if you have time, pray for his heart to soften to the truth and for someone strong to come into his life who can talk to him about God without being put off by DH's attitude. And, pray that I will make the right decision.

Thanks to you all in advance. I know how faithful you all are and that my requests are in good hands.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #65  

ronni. I will be praying for your husband and you as well. God is able to do what seems impossible to us.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Bargoo - our prayers are with you that the results of your PET scan are positive.

Bev - I'm tired just thinking of all that exercise you have done. Good for you!

Ronni - I'm sorry you are going through such are hard time. I will keep you in my prayers that God will give you wisdom in what you should do and that He will soften your husbands heart. Just remember Jesus knows right where you are and He is there with you.

I would appreciate your prayers as well. This may sound crazy to many, but for me it is nerve wracking. I have to have blood work tomorrow for my routine thyroid checkup. I don't like needles and they always have a hard time finding my veins. I've had them poke me 3 times and still not find it. Needless to say I have almost passed out a couple of times. I have to do this every 3 months, but it un-nerves me every time. Sometimes are better than others, but I wish I could get over this phobia.

Yesterday the bosses wife brought homemade bananna bread in, which I love, but I didn't eat any yesterday or any of the leftover today! I was also going to go out for lunch with the office staff, but didn't because I was afraid I would go off the plan (WW) and mess up. Another reason I didn't go was because my husband and I agreed that we were not going to do any eating out until my birthday next month. This is not only because of the weight loss but also because of finances. It just felt good to win this battle.

I hope you have have a fun and relaxing weekend. We are to get a snow storm so we'll be at home all day tomorrow (except for the bloodwork). I'm ready to be snowed in for a couple of days!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #67  

Kathy, praying for you when you have your blood work. When I have to go through those unpleasant medical procedures, I ask Jesus to hold my hand.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #68  
WW Moderator

Hi Kathy, I'm sorry you have a needle phobia. I worked in a blood bank for 19 years, and we had a few of those. We generally asked them to not donate, but we did have a few employees that were afraid of needles (in their own arm, that is!). One of them got a needlestick from a blood donor, so we had to draw her blood a few times for testing. I felt so bad for her. We let her lay down and put cold, wet towels on her head and somebody held her hand until it was over. That really helped - she never passed out that way. But between the genuine caring from us, plus the reclined position (feet above the head) and the face covered up with cool towels, it worked well for her. I hope it goes smooth for you!

I hope I wasn't a buttinski!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #69  
WW Moderator

Bargoo, that's sweet. I'm sorry about your health problems, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #70  

Jennifer, thank you, I appreciate all prayers.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #71  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, so much to catch up on! I LOVE how busy this thread is this month!

I've been way too busy with work and church meetings the last two days. But I have gotten in an hour on the wii fit and another hour of wii sports every day - so - no computer time since Wed.

Kathy - make sure you drink a LOT of water (starting now) and up until your blood work. They have a hard time with my veins too, if I don't stay hydrated. I will keep you in my prayers!

Jennifer - nice to see you back over here We've missed you!

Ronni - I've added your DH to my prayer list! God CAN and DOES change people! Keep us posted on how he is doing!

Bev - I do a lot of yoga too. I know a lot of Christian folk that do yoga. My DIL is an instructor, as is Gary's wife Angie - both are faithful and wonderful Christian folk.

I actually use my yoga time as a time of meditation. I use the breathing to be mindful of breathing in the "breath of life" and pray that the Holy Spirit empower me to do God's will. I always feel energized after my yoga workout - in both body and spirit!

Bargoo - Prayers for your PET scan. And - thanks for the update on the Elder request. Your church will be blessed by your saying YES!!!!

Rosebud - prayers continuing for your legs! Are you finding good tomatoes this time of year? I'm less than thrilled with what our market has right now. The grape tomatoes are good, but the regular ones are not very tasty.

Nita Ann - I love walking with Leslie too! She is so encouraging!

Crissy - I don't limit my sugar, but I try to use natural sugar substitutes as much as possible - agave, molasses, stevia and honey are my staples. I use very, very little white sugar. I do think it makes a difference in how I feel. Refined sugar products put me in a downward spiral quickly!

Gary TWO! What a victory!! Now repeat that behavior (TWO or LESS) regularly!!! More water, and even that Coke Zero are good substitutes!

Eme Glad you found us! I look forward to getting to know you better

Prayers are continuing for everyone! I hope you have a blessed weekend and stay POP (perfectly on plan)!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #72  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

I had a ruff day today, well not me, but seeing someone go thru a ruff time that you love can stress a person out. Please pray for my 80 year old friend ,he is like the grandpa I never had, love that old man, he is sick and he had a spell at the store today. Please pray that those spells never happens again and he remembers to take his medicine.

I worked all day, have any of you ever had your computer freeze up on you? I had to cut it off and then cut it back on for it to work. I was so scared all my work would disappear. Any idea what causes that to happen? It is an old 98 computer.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #73  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Nita Ann, prayers ascending for your friend!

Computers freeze for no apparent reason. And and "old 98" could be any number of things - limited ram, hard drive going bad, network card, video card - even processor or motherboard could be the issue. My recommendation (which is the same if you have a brand new fast computer) Save your work often, and occasionally make a backup copy somewhere else (CD, flash drive, other computer). And - the more vital the file - the more frequently you should save and back up.

OK, off my "techie"

Sorry you had a difficult day!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #74  

Nita Ann, praying for your friend.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

WOW! I have a lot...

Bargoo - You ARE healed in Jesus name! Amen And what a blessing you are.
I already prayed for you...AND everyone that asked as I read.

Ronni - 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight." check out 1 cor 7, especially v 16. I just felt that was the scripture for you. I've already prayed for your husband. His reasoning, tho flawed, is the same I used for years. And now...You can't keep me from PRAISING GOD! Church is a peculiar thing and people get wrapped up in 'church' or religion, but forget that we are The Church and Christ is all we should be wrapped up in. If you haven't already...get Stormie O'Martian's Power of a Praying Wife. I pray for my future husband out of that book.
I will keep praying for him and you. God is faithful. Know that He will bring it to pass.

Kathy - I have and will continue to pray for you. Take that water advice! It really helps me everytime I get stuck or give blood.

Nita Ann - Your friend is covered.

Laurie - I didn't think yoga was bad...I just know this preacher that was SO against it and I do know that the new age movement has quite a day with it. I guess it's like everything...how are you using it? I love music...all kinds (except dirty, nasty stuff) and a lot of folks would tell me its wrong...but it doesn't fill MY mind with thoughts of drugs, sex, etc. It mostly just helps me to relax. All in moderation.

I need to get to bed. I didn't make it to power today. I slept too late and managed to do some things at home before I headed out. I will be preaching at the shelter at 11am est and its 2am est now! i have late night issues...

Have a blessed day everyone and thanks for all the kudos about my workouts! That encourages me more than you know!!!!!

Bev aka Rayne
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote