3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ JANUARY (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/159866-christian-encouragers-%7E-january.html)

EZMONEY 01-01-2009 09:30 AM

Christian Encouragers ~ JANUARY

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

EZMONEY 01-01-2009 09:31 AM

Happy NEW YEAR Everyone!

Don't forget to go back and read the last few posts of December...we have new friends!

CountingDown 01-01-2009 09:52 AM

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you are having a blessed beginning to 2009.

Bargoo - so glad you are doing as well as you are! You continue to be in my prayers. Your calm assurance and faith are such an inspiration and example to all of us. I look forward to reading your posts :)

Bev :welcome: So glad you found us! Prayers ascending for your brother and his family and for you as well! I look forward to getting to know you :)

Kathy - so glad you found us! The "temple" scripture really hit home for me too. While I had trouble taking care of my body for ME, realizing that I was not being a good steward with the body God gave me hit me hard. The Corinthians scripture has helped me stay on track many a time :) I can't wait to read of your progress. Come back and post often!

Gary - as always - I thank you for your presence here at 3FC. You posts often find a way to combine humor and faithfulness - and the gift that you have for doing this has reached far beyond our Christian Encouragers thread. 3FC is a better place because of the time and efforts you devote to it :)

I hope you all have a great start to the new year and that the Spirit will touch and move you in new and exciting ways this year.

Blessings!

Laurie

3D MOM 01-01-2009 09:55 AM

New

Hello. I've haven't been on 3 chicks since October and got up with a positive attitude this morning about my health and decided to come back. I found you guys and thought this maybe just who and what I need. I do not believe I can do this without the Lord's help. I think He led me to this thread.
3D MOM

Rayne 01-01-2009 11:40 PM

Thank you Kathy! I know God had me get on this site and then placed you in my path for AT LEAST this reason. He is so amazing!!!!

I will continue to remind God and sometime I will tell you of how He has already begun to prepare the things I need for the wedding. amazing.

I had to copy this from the december one!

Laurie - thank you and EVERYONE else for the prayers. We got him out of jail tonight and he got to see his daughter! He has to go to probation on Tuesday, so please be praying for the favor of God. He also is suppose to go to a jobsite on Tuesday for them to let him know when to start. He has been out of work since spring. It's been TOUGH!

I'm so STOKED to be here!!!! I go to the gym at 930am and can't wait!!!

Bev

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-02-2009 12:06 AM

:wel3fc: To Our Newest NEWBIES ~ nice to have you ladies join us: BEV, 3DMOM, and KATHY ...

LAURIE ~ Thanks, I did get that bill paid; and I still really need prayers for that sore on the front of my right calf. The scab isn't healing correctly; I just pray that it doesn't get infected but that the sore will heal properly from underneath. I had to put some ointment on it again tonight and the scab fell off, but it wasn't healed underneath like it should have been.

I'm not really sure why; as all the other ones all healed up nicely. PTL. I sincerely appreciate all your prayers about this. I pray that the LORD will touch my leg with his healing grace so it will clear up quickly. May have to go back to the docs if it doesn't get better soon, but I am putting on the salve he gave me. :shrug:

In the meanwhile, I am putting my trust in the Father's promises in His Word ... Jeremiah 30:17 "I will restore health unto you, and heal you of all your wounds" ... Thanks for your prayers for me; I appreciate them so much, as it is a bit concerning for me.

We had a lovely dinner at some friends today and played some games. By the time we left, a bit of a snow squall was building up; was nice to get home and wrap up comfy and warm. Hope you all had a great day too.

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

CountingDown 01-02-2009 09:31 AM

3D MOM :welcome: This is certainly a great group of folk to help you on your journey. They are wise and fun and great encouragers! I hope you will come back and post often so we can get to know you!

Bev - that is good news indeed! I will continue to keep all of you on my prayer list!

Rosebud - prayers ascending for your health (particularly your leg). And for Numpster and family as well.

Gary - how did the 5K go? Are you feeling better yet?

I did get in 5k, albeit in my living room rather than out on the icy sidewalks and roads.

I also got 3/4 of my kitchen decluttered. 3 bags of stuff to donate (how does one accumulate 5 cheese slicers anyway?) I'm hoping to finish the project today. That will make 3 rooms de-cluttered and only 7 to go (plus the basement - UGH)

Hope you all had a wonderful start to the new year.

Blessings!
Prayers continuing for everyone!

Laurie

ronni62 01-02-2009 11:51 AM

Well, Happy New Year, Everyone! Sorry it's late, but I actually tried to post yesterday and our laptop went ffffftttt and lost what I had written, then I didn't have time to come in to the other computer to do anything:(

:welcome2:to the newbies-Bev, Kathy, and 3DMom! You'll find a lot of support and knowledge here with 3fc. They've helped me more than I can say.

Rosebud-praying for your leg. It's always scary when things don't heal properly, but we know God does great things and He'll get it healed up for you. Thank you for the congrats. I am so glad to be -50! I haven't been this 'small' in over 2 decades. I couldn't do it without God and you all!

Gary-I can't believe this, but I fell asleep before the Orange Bowl ended last night and don't even know who won! I guess I'll find out later if we ever get a newspaper today....

Well, things here are once again in the "never rains, but it pours" category. DS1 and family have no more than gotten here and are planning to move into a rental house today, but the car threw a rod and the engine is shot, so we're trying to help them find a vehicle-a van since they have 4 kids now. Our New Year's eve plans (you know to watch the ball drop at 11:00 pm and go to bed:lol:) got changed because they all came down to visit. Then, DS1 wanted to go to a party, so we volunteered to babysit overnight. So, I got to sleep snuggled up with our 8 month old granddaughter all night:)which was ok, because I was still buzzed from the steroids and would have kept DH up all night with my tossing and turning. Instead, I got to do the 3am feeding and cuddling!

We'll probably be helping them move later today and DS2 is going away for the weekend with the youth group, so he'll have a fun and spiritual weekend. Hope you all have a great day and weekend. My prayers are for all of you to be blessed beyond your wildest imagination in this new year!

CatlaurWill 01-02-2009 12:15 PM

Hi everyone my name is Rebecca and I am pregnant with my 3rd child due in March. I am a Christian and very happy to find all of you. I am going to go back and read to catch up on all of you.

God Bless

3D MOM 01-02-2009 02:24 PM

Congratulations Catlaurwill. Thanks for all the welcomes. I may ask alot of questions and asked for advice from time to time. I'm on my own when it comes to being over weight. Nobody in my immediate family or our friends have the slightest idea how hard this can be. Even at my church I'm the "Big Girl". I've decided there has to be a starting point for me (again) lol. I've actually been taking Alli for 4 months. I did really good in the beginning and lost 17 lbs. But it found me. I also use slim-fast as a meal option when there's not another good choice. I want and need to be healthy so bad. I don't even want to be thin anymore, just healthy. Thanks again for welcoming me. Any prayers and advice is happily accepted.

bargoo 01-02-2009 05:26 PM

3D Mom, welcome and good luck.

3D MOM 01-02-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks Bargoo. May I ask your secret for your amazing loss?

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-02-2009 08:58 PM

:welcome: CATLAURWILL ~ Congrats on your upcoming baby #3. We also have a thread at 3fc's for PREGGOS that you might like to take a look at; and we are also pleased to have you join our Christian thread as well.

RONNI ~ thanks for your prayers; it looks and feels better today. Hope it continues to heal as it should. Prayers that your DS1 will find a suitable place for his family soon.

COUNTING ~ thanks for your faithful prayers; much appreciated by all. Good for you decluttering another room. We will tackle some more of those boxes next week too.

Just stayed home today and did catch-up on laundry and stuff. We had some mild temps and lovely sunshine. Hope you all have a lovely weekend ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PS ~ Here's a link to a poem I posted earlier today; it's kinda cute ... enjoy!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...84#post2523184

bargoo 01-02-2009 11:10 PM

Weight Loss

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3D MOM (Post 2522997)
Thanks Bargoo. May I ask your secret for your amazing loss?

No magic pill. I have done all the diets or so it seems. I decided I wasn't going to pay someone to tell me what to eat, anymore. I count calories, keep a food diary and plan ahead. I plan my meals for the day, 3 meals and 3 snacks, staying within my calorie allotment.That's basically it.

CountingDown 01-02-2009 11:39 PM

Ronni - oh, my! Prayers ascending for your family. I hope the car situation works out well!

Rosebud - thanks for the poem - reality in my former life, I'm afraid! Thankfully, the holiday is over and - for two years in a row - I haven't gained weight. Who knew that veggies could be part of my holiday menu ;)

Bargoo - as usual, I loved your post! You have been such an inspiration along the way. Seeing you at your goal weight (or close - I remember how long it took you to lose those last few pounds) kept me going.

3D MOM - good for you - concentrating on health and fitness. It really DOES make a difference. In the past, I tried to lose weight and then planned to get fit, once the pounds came off. This time, I dragged my 200+ pound body out for a walk. I lifted weights, I learned yoga and pilates. What a difference it has made in my quality of life.

Hope everyone had a good day!

It was a great day off work here - I did finish the kitchen, and also cleaned the walk-in-pantry. 14 bags of "stuff" is now missing from my home :D (of course my car is filled with bags to donate) ;)

Hope you all have a blessed weekend!
Prayers ascending!

Laurie