Old 03-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #136  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I'm just bumping up this thread as I'm very interested in this plan and it's concepts; and it seems that lots of others were too (over 7000+ views), but it got lost in the fray for some reason ...

I liked the main idea of the plan ~ Eat good food, but not too much!

I am told you can eat "whatever foods you like", just as long as you eat smaller portions of them. I have been slowly tweaking my plan this way, as I'd much rather eat the foods I really like, especially if I am going to do this for the rest of my life.

My plan is a mix of = Portions + Whole Foods + Volumetrics = Simplicity

I have been looking into this plan, as it reflects a lot of my portioned-based ideas and about eating whole foods; later on, I added in some ideas from Volumetrics (eating lots of low-calorie foods to fill you up i.e. veggies).

PS ~ I'm not so interested in the author and her beliefs, as I am the basic plan and methods. After reading a bit of this thread, I'm hearing that there is a thread here based on a book with a similar idea called 'THIN WITHIN', so I will check that out too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #137  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 225/220/170

Height: 5 ft 6 inches

Default Horray for Weigh Down (Don't throw the baby out with the bath water)

I did Weigh Down starting 10 years ago and have kept of 25 lbs. I started in Mid Sept and ask the Lord with His help to loose 25 lbs by Christmas. I made it so I got a woven basket and weighed it to be 25 lbs, put a bow on it as my gift from Jesus. I did well for 5 years then have added more weight. BUT when I get close to My 25 lb gift I pick up my rocks and get moving.

I have been playing around with Weight Watchers, Thin Within, 3D diet, GI program and to no success. I don't do good tracking points and calories and weighing weekly.

When on Weigh Down it was such FREEDOM to eat regular food, when hungry and in moderation, and quite my binging, stopping at the check out line and eating a candy bar or just going through a Drive Thru because its there.

I was a Leader for WD for 3 years, at our church. We did Exdous Out of Egypt and the next program. When Gwen left her church and changed thinking and did the Advanced Program, we sent it back.

I was at 3 of her yearly Oasises? the first 2 were great and then with Rebuilding the Walls and going into her own church, she became controlling and legalistic. Also didn't agree with the Trinity.

As it says in Philippains 1:15 - 18 ***even if a church or leader, misused the word, finances etc. rejoice if you heard Christ preached. WE DID, so I am standing on her orig Weigh Down programs. I just purchased Rising Above the magnetic pull of the refrigerator from Weight Down on line, it was $9.99 + shipping and has study book and cassete tapes that go with workbook, this series was done just before the Exodus series.

I feel the teaching is good, holds us accountable, seeking the Lord for direction and guidance. Great to eat real food and not count calories or points and just be accountable to Jesus.
Weigh Down Workshop, on line is sending out the AT HOME WEIGH DOWN WORKSHOP AT HOME for just the cost of shipping. Mine was $8.01.
This at home program has VHS tapes and audio cassets to watch & hear. Has a workbook (like the Exodus out of Egypt Study, and a good scripture booklet.
If you get the DVD it is $40+ shipping.
I just really feel I am to get into this program again and would be glad to share and encourage anyone who is interested. God is great, and Gwen will have to stand before the Lord herself. She sure started with a great message.

Sorry post is so long, but wanted to encourage all who are interested in the program and materials.

Love in Christ, Sue

Phil 1:15-18 New American Standard Some to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will. the latter do it out of love, knowing that I (Paull) am appointed for the defense of the Gospel. the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, rather than from pure motives, thinking to cuase me distress in my imprisonment, What then? Onlythat in every way, whether in prestense or in truth, CHRIST is proclaimed; and in this I REJOICE.

I feel Gwen took her good message and was eaten up by her desire to grow bigger and succeed in other areas (her own church) and was very much decieved and feel into a distorted path.

Last edited by candoit61; 04-22-2009 at 07:56 PM.
candoit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 149/148/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone: I agree with carolr3639. When Gwen 1st started Weigh Down I loved and her teachings, but now they are alittle out of whack. It's too bad because she is a great teacher and many have lost weight, released from addictions, etc. I am praying for her each day that God will show her the Truth.

If anyone else has an opinion, please post it here. Have a blessed day all.
kbajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #139  

Ladies, have you heard of the Eden Diet by Dr. Rita Hancock?

She is an awesome Christian physician. Her program is a total non diet oriented program, much like Weigh Down, only non-legalistic.

Like Dr. Rita says...if a "Christian" book or program leaves you feeling depressed, guilt-ridden or feeling bad, that is not the voice of God whispering in your ear."

She has a great website too. Check it out! I wish there were a forum for her plan here on 3FC. There is a forum on Yahoo mail, but I don't like the setup. It's not very user friendly.

Well, just thought I'd share. Go on her website or amazon to check it out and let me know what you think. I have both the book and workbook, but haven't officially started yet.
sunshine53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #140  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I was interested in Weigh down, and did research on her books and classes....also found out it is a cult.http://www.midwestoutreach.org/02-In...mblin/GC5.html
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #141  

It also looks like the entire thing is FREE for online viewing.

http://www.weighdownathome.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by candoit61 View Post

Weigh Down Workshop, on line is sending out the AT HOME WEIGH DOWN WORKSHOP AT HOME for just the cost of shipping. Mine was $8.01.
This at home program has VHS tapes and audio cassets to watch & hear. Has a workbook (like the Exodus out of Egypt Study, and a good scripture booklet.
If you get the DVD it is $40+ shipping.
I just really feel I am to get into this program again and would be glad to share and encourage anyone who is interested. God is great, and Gwen will have to stand before the Lord herself. She sure started with a great message.

Sorry post is so long, but wanted to encourage all who are interested in the program and materials.

Love in Christ, Sue

Phil 1:15-18 New American Standard Some to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will. the latter do it out of love, knowing that I (Paull) am appointed for the defense of the Gospel. the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, rather than from pure motives, thinking to cuase me distress in my imprisonment, What then? Onlythat in every way, whether in prestense or in truth, CHRIST is proclaimed; and in this I REJOICE.

I feel Gwen took her good message and was eaten up by her desire to grow bigger and succeed in other areas (her own church) and was very much decieved and feel into a distorted path.
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #142  
Glory to GOD!

S/C/G: Lost 60 pounds 9 yrs ago

Height: 5.5

I would NOT believe all you "hear" about this group...
I know many of these people and they are for REAL~

I live about an hour from their church and these guys DO lose and keep off all there weight because they help one another FILL their lives with LOVE & SERVICE rather than greed for excess food...
They get to the heart of the matter~
Personally after the birth of our 4 & 5th children (Our twins) I lost 60 pounds on that Weigh Down program and have kept it OFF because its BIBLICAL principles work...
If you KEEP your heart SET on GOD and his kingdom, you dont have time to gorge out on food...

its a LOVE issue~! What you love is what you do...If you LOVE FOOd it will master you and kill you with obesity and chronic disease...

We must eat less...Overeating is ALWAYS the problem....

Love & great joy serving Yahweh~
Lisa
biblicalview is offline   Reply With Quote