Beach Dreaming

S/C/G: 220/205/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachtea View Post
OK everybody, where are you all?
I weighed in this morning and have lost 2 more pounds! PTL
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Peachtea- Way to go on losing 2 pounds! You seem like such an encouraging person. Had a nice Easter with the family, but we are suppossed to have "white christmas" NOT "white easter", so I'm ready for SPRING in Michigan!! I know that when the warm weather gets here I will be outside with the kids and that will increase my activity level.
I am glad that this thread is still going. I really believe in eating based on hunger/ fullness and I'm glad others do to (as well as having encouraging christians here to move us all along together!)
pantry raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 159/159/130

Height: 5'7"

Default great thread!

Hey guys,

I have just joined this forum and I really like what I'm reading on this thread. I just wanted to introduce myself and join in the encouragement.

I am a stay-at-home mom with 5 boys ages 8 to 16. Needless to say, we stay really busy. I have gained 20 pounds in the last two years. It was so gradual that I didn't even realize it was happening. Weight was never a real issue until I hit my 30's (I'm 38). Now I know that I can't eat like I could as a teenager. I have to be careful and mindful or at this rate...

I think the WD would be good for me. Theology aside, I have heard good things about the program. Knowing that I can eat what I want will curb the feelings of guilt when I eat the cookie and not drive me to the "forbidden food". I sometime get this warped idea that I am going to go ahead and eat whatever I want just to prove I don't have an eating disorder. Go figure. I obviously have issues with food besides the fact that I REALLY enjoy it!

Most people would look at me and not think there is an issue, but they haven't seen me with my clothes off! Not many of those clothes fit anymore anyway, unless there is an elastic waistband, and I refuse to go buy more! I am not comfortable where I am and I weigh more now than I ever have, except when pregnant. Things have to change. With WD I don't have to cut out the foods I love, like Mexican , I just have to cut back. Mexican makes great leftovers!

Sorry, I ramble. I am so excited about finding you guys. I hope we can get to know each other and encourage each other, because it ain't going to be easy.

God bless,
Leigh Ann
sports mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #48  
Looking to Jesus

S/C/G: 212/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the thread Leigh Ann. You'll be a great addition to this group of 'cheerleaders'!
I haven't been on for a few days but am here now to report that I gained 2 pounds this week. Grrrrrrr..... I knew I was out of control all week and didn't do anything about it. Sorry, Ladies!
I've packed a smart lunch today. A small pita sandwich and lots of raw veggies. I had my regular oatmeal this morning so I'm off to a good start at least.
God bless you all today!
One day at a time!

Alice
peachtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #49  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Peachtea-I understand about gaining back the weight you have lost. That is the story of my life right now. I am struggling to loose 8 pounds that i recently gained. 8 pounds!!!
Also, i have a question, how important do you guys think vegetables are? I hate veggies. Almost all of them. Unless they are dunked in ranch, celery smothered with peanut butter, stuff like that. I just dont eat veggies. I used to force myself to eat salad EVERY DAY. But i DONT LIKE SALAD. When i read weigh down, i thought i just needed a break from all that salad, but i havent eaten salad in prolly over a month. And i rarely eat veggies. Do you think i should get back into the habit of eating veggies, even if i dont like them?
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #50  
Looking to Jesus

Hi 100%
I think I've gained another 2 pounds again! The past couple of weeks have been so bad. My appetite is taking over! And I was doing sooooo well. Today is a new day and God's grace and mercies are new everyday so I will begin again. Doing well so far. DH and I went out for breakfast and I had scrambled eggs, homefires, bacon and toast. Sounds like I over did it, but I brought half of it home. It will be tomorrow's breakfast or maybe DH will have it and I'll go back to my oatmeal!
Yes, I do feel veggies are important. But I love veggies so it's not a problem for me! I wouldn't force veggies if you don't like them tho. That would only make you resentful. We need to ENJOY our foods! Maybe you could shred different veggies, add them to other foods while they cook. Like carrots shredded and added to chili, meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, potato salad, etc. I'm sure you get the idea. Frozen peas would fit in any salad practically. You could do the carrot ideas with beets too. I love beets!
Well gals, I wish you the very best today.
God bless you all!
Alice
Old 04-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #51  
Looking to Jesus

Hi gals,
Me again. Yesterday could have gone better, but it wasn't as bad as I've done in the past so PTL!
I had my oatmeal today for breakfast. Something I've started putting in my oatmeal is cranberry sauce! The slightly tart taste is soooo good! Do any of you have strange things you absolutely love? I have discovered chessy puff corn. I hope you know what I mean. They are as light as air and you can have 2 whole cups for only 100 calories. They give me the crunch I sometimes really crave.
Oh... one little thing I've started doing for me is to use a nice spoon when making my cup o' chai or hot choc. I use to grab a plastic spoon to save the nicer stuff for the rest of the family. Well, I realized that's wrong. I'm as special as they are!!!! I have to start treating myself the same as I would a special guest. And all of you have to, too!
How about letting the rest of us in on the nice little things you do for yourselves? I'd love to have more ideas of how I can pamper myself. I deserve it! And so do you!
Also, I'd love some ideas on rewards for myself when I lose 5 pounds. OK Ladies, come on! I NEED YOU!!!!!
Please, please, please!!!!
Hugs to all, Alice
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/180/125

Default New here, did weigh down years ago

I am new and thought I would put my 2 cents in about the weigh down program.

Ever since learning the principles I have become a firm believer that the weight will come off very easily if we just listen to our bodies. I lost the weight once before by doing this program However the condemnation was too much to bear. I was left feeling that I had somehow let God down and was loved no longer when I returned to food instead of God. My "disobedience" had a negative effect on my walk w/ God. It took a few years to return that relationship to an understanding that God loves me no matter what. He just wants us to be happy and healthy!

Following the principles w/ support from others is a great idea. God is wise and if we listen to bodies he created, our bodies will be faithful to weight loss.
Countryluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 250/244/175

Height: 5ft 6in

Hey ladies- this is the first time I've read these threads and I am interested in First Place. Author? I've heard of Weigh Down and the questions that come with it as well. I'm new at all of this except being over weight. I feel that I've been guided to this site! Hope to learn from all of you!

Thanks for the help!
Charise
Salty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #54  

Just wondering if anyone is still around and would like to keep this thread going.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #55  

Default The weigh down diet changed my life...

I have struggled with weight since I was nine years old and always had the mental block that if I ate ONE single morsal that was no considered DIET food..then that was it..I blew and I was off plan. I read the Weigh Down Diet book in June of 04 and to date I have lost 92 pounds. Some of her thoughts are a stretch..but I agree with....Pray..Ask God to help you overcome the powerful pull of food..and eat only when you are truely hungry. This is exactly what I did. I eat ANYTHING I want but I judge my stomach at EVERY meal. I learned by this book to let my inner spiritual voice be my guide. Really..IMO...we should all do this with everything in our life. Sometimes we are double minded with dicisions..when all we need to do is let our spiritual voice answer for us. Our internal knows when we NEED fuel for our bodies.

The main plus for me is the fact that after reading this book...I FEEL FREE FROM FOOD! This was huge for me. I just always felt so overwhelmed by making the right choices. When you follow this plan..that is completely taken away. For me...my mind was my biggest weight loss battle...as it is in most areas of our lives.

I am at the point where I am soooo SLOW in losing..since it has been almost three years...BUT I have NEVER gained!!!!!!! That is so awesome for me. I am 37 yrs old and have NEVER lost weight and been able to keep it off. I now NEED to focus on eating more veggies and fruits and I think I will get on down to my goal weight.

I wish ALL overweight people could read this book.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #56  

I like Gwen's first book. She has a lot of good info. After that she got a little carried away. S4baby, Hope you can get back to losing. It is a life long battle. There is another thread here similar to this......IE #4. It is using hunger and fullness just like WD. It is kind of slow right now but at times quite lively.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #57  

Hi all,
First time posting... read this entire thread. WD: been there, did that. It worked (for the first time as an adult, I was a NORMAL size... lost 70 #'s with exercising & eating low fat then WD helped me to lose the NEXT 70 #'s... so I was finally "thin" as an adult), yes, but at a spiritual price I feel still effects me today. My voice is somewhere out in her tapeland with my tesitmony. In 2000, when the beginning of the major controversy started, I needed to separat myself from WD and then found out I was pregnant. After daughter # 2, I didn't loose the weight again.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the concepts are proper, I've just not been in the proper mindset to look at the books again. I have Thin Within, but I agree, it seemed a bit cumbersome.

I am finally at a more mature spiritual level that I can look at these types of programs / books without feeling condemation (guilt) b-c I didn't 'measure up'.

Think I found a great support here... ready to begin again.

Thanks... PE
purple eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #58  

Since you have the same avatar as me I thought no one else had posted. ha! I also post on the intuitive eating thread and it is pretty slow right now and this is basically the same except on a spiritual level. That's too bad you had a bad experience with WD because you would never know from her first book that she had issues. She even had the testimony of a diabetic in the first book that said that we could do nothing to earn our salvation. I was surprised after all the controversy that she allowed that in her first book. Anyway, with God's help and the hunger and fullness guides that He provides it is possible to be our God given size.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #59  

If I get a new siamese kitten this week, I'll make that my Avatar!

PE
Old 05-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #60  

I updated my profile a little... I hope you all are having a wonderful day!