Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #76  

Anyone home?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello Carol

I'm here. I've been reading the boards for awhile, but just got around to registering. Wanted to wait until I got off on the right start before I posted.

I picked up Out of Egypt student workshop book at the thrift store and have been working through it and listening to the tapes (tapes came pretty cheap from amazon used. Cheaper then ebay surprisingly enough.) This is a 92 edition and before Gwen started making up her own doctrines. I have to say, I don't agree with her interpretation on scripture part of the time, but the material is inspiring. You would like these tapes. Have you ever tried weigh down?
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #78  

I have read her books. The first one is good and doesn't bring out her doctrine. I have a friend who has all the tapes and I have listened to them some. Just recently a sentence on the bottom of page 43 really jumped out at me. (from the first Weigh Down Diet book) I said we should welcome getting to empty because that is when your body pulls from your fat storage. I have had this book for 10 yr and this is a first. I always thought of hunger as the enemy and now I see it can be an ally.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #79  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

wow, i havent been here in a while, and i was suprised and encouraged to see all the posts!
while reading through all of these new posts, i was thinking about my own eating habits, and i realized, i havent really been thinking about food this past week. For me, this is amazing. I cant tell you what i ate everyday this week, but i can tell you things God has taught me. This is such a huge step for me. To not be focused on food.
Im doing slimfast right now. And i really like it. Im still trying to listen to my body, and only eat when im hungry. Its been working wonderfully. And the slimfast shakes are such a great portion size, that i havent overeaten all week. I've needed a little help identifying with hungry and full, and the shakes are giving me some help.
i was doing the Lords Table, but i kind of fell off that wagon. It is hard to find the time to complete the lesson each day, especially now that school is in full swing.
My relationship with God had kind of faultered the past month, but this week has been so awesome....i dont know what it is about this past week, but so much has happened, and its all turning out to be beneficial to me. Im an emotional eater. I was an emotional eater. Though this week has been good, its also been overwhelming with everything that has happened, and guess how many times i ran to food for comfort? Not once. I have filled up countless pages in my journal with prayers for God's guidance in the situations, but God is the one who made me feel better, not food.
Well, now im just kind of rambling, so ill let yall go.
Im gonna have to start coming into this thread again, reading your posts are soo encouraging! And i can relate to a lot of the struggles. It makes me feel like im not alone in these struggles!
God Bless.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #80  

I went all Sat. morning without being hungry and finally had some cereal at noon. Then we went to our granddaughters bday and I had a normal supper. Today, Sun. is harder because we nearly always have company. We had a turkey dinner with the works but I didn't eat the dessert someone brought. Now I'm wondering if I won't need to eat the rest of the day. For once in my life I'm looking forward to getting hungry. I've felt really good lately and I have trouble that way since I have sarcoidosis and sometimes just am tired and achey. Hope by God's grace that I can keep it up.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Carol, that's great! It's an amazing thing when you look forward to hunger. Who would have thought that day would come LOL

This approach has helped me a great deal too. Although I am following a low carb plan, I find I am able to resist foods that I couldn't in the past and that I don't just eat because it's time to eat or shovel in all that I'm allowed.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #82  

The WD book says to switch thoughts when you find yourself thinking about food. That's a hard one for me. Seems like that's all I"ve been thinking about for the 20 yr. I've been obsessed with losing weight. I wanted to go longer this morning but was so hungry that I had a banana and toast. My mom always said that food is friendly. It sure is! And she wasn't even heavy. My dad was, though. He never dieted but lost a lot of weight in the end of his life. He had dementia and maybe just didn't care anymore. But my MIL is the same way (demetia) and she still loves to eat and weighs about 220. Interesting how the opposite thing happened.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #83  
one day at a time

wow....what a week i have had
i think it is finally true when i say i am no longer a slave to food. It's weird, but so exhilierating to not constantly have food on my mind. Though i first read the WD Diet book a while ago, and i did the first half of the Lord's Table, i still was falling daily in my love and desire for food. Like, i would think about it....constantly. Thinking about all the food's i shouldn't eat, all the food's i wanted to eat, and all the food's i was about to go eat.
These past 2 weeks have been different. I have been facing some hurddles in my life...nothing serious, just decisions i am struggling to make. And i have been running to God. I have been in constant prayer, and guess what? in this, i didnt even notice that my mind was off food.

Like ive said, im doing slimfast, but i drink the shake, and then i dont think about food anymore. Monday night, i threw away (yes, threw away) the last bit of my sandwhich. I wasnt hungry. I didnt want it. Wow, never thought i would say that, and actually MEAN IT.

My next obstacle to face is to make sure that my affections have fallen from food and to God. Not from food and to something else.

This is my divine revelation for now.....
hope to hear from you soon and see how things are going.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #84  

100%me, That's where I can't wait to be. I was like that as a kids. Food was just food. No big deal. One of my problems is if the food I don't eat doesn't taste good I'm not satisfied. For example. Yesterday morning I had toast with peanut butter and strawberries. It tasted really good so I decided to try that again. I think the strawberries were starting to go bad and I was so disappointed. Then the thought came to me that there are millions of people starving around the world that probably eat spoiled food and who am I to be so pickey? Just a thought.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #85  

That should read ....the food I eat. ha!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:59 AM   #86  
one day at a time

i have had a BAD couple of days. Tuesday night went very badly for me, and the rest of the week just kind of followed as being bad. And by tonight (saturday) i noticed that i was slipping back into emotional eating.

Im glad that i was able to recognize it now, so that i dont go any deeper back into in.
2 steps forward 1 step back.
so, this next week is all about re-connecting with God so that i can once again stop eating to fill my emotions. Please keep me in your prayers. I was so proud of my victory over emotional eating, now i realize that this is something that i am going to struggle with for a long time. It was my security blanket and even tho i had gotten rid of it, my auto fall back when things were going bad was to grab it again.

I hope everyone else is doing good, or at least better than me. YOu are always in my prayers. God Bless.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #87  

I have just started the weigh down diet and I am having trouble just sticking with it. i lose and then regain. I am not in any support groups and it would be nice to talk to someone who is doing the same program I am doing.
wade413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #88  

Sorry you're having such a hard time, 100%me. Welcome wade. I, too, have been having a hard time of it lately. I just feel blah. I'll go along good for a few days and then mess up. The worst is Sun. when we usually have company. I think I've said that before. ha! I wonder how much of the responsibility is mine and how much is the Lords. I once heard someone say that you do your best and the Lord will do the rest. But also have heard said that when we get to the end of ourself and cast all on Jesus then we will see prayers answered.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #89  

Isn't it funny how we feel like we should never get hungry? IMP..you have to be hungry to be able to judge when you are full. It is a work in progress but well worth it...I think The Weigh down diet saved my life...It gave me freedom from food. I started June 1 of 04 and I STILL have the talk of WDD in my head.

I will say that when I hit a time when the scales would not budge, which was like 6-7 months into it..I did start eating healthier foods when I was hungry..it was easier then too..because you know that is truely what God intended us to fuel our bodies with anyway. But for the first six months..I ate absolutely ANYTHING I wanted...I mean anything...just only when I was hungry and never over-ate.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #90  
want2bTrue

S/C/G: 178/164/125

Default me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade413 View Post
I have just started the weigh down diet and I am having trouble just sticking with it. i lose and then regain. I am not in any support groups and it would be nice to talk to someone who is doing the same program I am doing.
Hello, me too!
want2btrue is offline   Reply With Quote